Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    There's basically no way that Google won't simply step in and remove bad reviews.

While amusing, this is as meaningless as filling out the feedback surveys they send us once every couple months
    Well Steam kinda tried to do that.....and it backfired so bad they had to remake the review system with spike and stuff.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

There's basically no way that Google won't simply step in and remove bad reviews.

While amusing, this is as meaningless as filling out the feedback surveys they send us once every couple months
    The only amusing thing here is your stupidity.

No, google is not going to go out of their way to shill for some game.
    That only happens with 1 star reviews with next to no text due to an automated anti bot spam process.

Yes. Ratings matter. Everywhere.

Any app under 3 stars does not get promoted in the play store.

There is a reason hotels and restaurants will bend over backwards and let you fuck them in the ass for a good rating review.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well Steam kinda tried to do that.....and it backfired so bad they had to remake the review system with spike and stuff.
    Sure, but a cursory glance would reveal that the Play Store has stepped in to stop review bombing multiple times with little to no pushback

Robinhood, TikTok, etc... They'll just say it's inappropriate spam, and wipe most reviews mentioning the anniversary *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but a cursory glance would reveal that the Play Store has stepped in to stop review bombing multiple times with little to no pushback

Robinhood, TikTok, etc... They'll just say it's inappropriate spam, and wipe most reviews mentioning the anniversary *shrug*
    They will probaly win award for most negative review bomb in history on gogle playstore soon.

Remember this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TheoryOfRed...ent_in_reddit/

Its 1.8 now.

Uh... because they would be right? Of course all those online stores/metacritics stop review bombing, and they are right to do so. In Genshin's case, it absolutely doesn't deserve a 1.9 score just because people didn't get free stuff they felt entitled to. It's pure toxicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Uh... because they would be right? Of course all those online stores/metacritics stop review bombing, and they are right to do so. In Genshin's case, it absolutely doesn't deserve a 1.9 score just because people didn't get free stuff they felt entitled to. It's pure toxicity.
    Its not just that. I found this:

Full on cenzorship.

Awww, that Xinyan looks sweet.

Reviews are supposed to be reflective of what people who own the thing are. Just because you think they're being unreasonable doesn't mean you (or companies) deserve to censor them. Maybe we need to put less focus on reviews as a society. Maybe companies SHOULD be beholden to their customers and be allowed to experience the true power of the consumer in such a fashion like this. Maybe people genuinely dislike the game this much in it's current guise.

Absolutely nothing wrong with weaponizing the tools you have at your disposal as the consumer IMO, especially since you have so few ways to actually effect change normally.

The way I see it, the fans are free to give the game 5* ratings in contrast. The game doesn't deserve that either.
    I don't partake in such wars, so I don't know if you actually have to own/have played the game for a certain time. I doubt it since it's in the playstore.

But I think only systems that somehow limit the numbers of people who can give a review are trustworthy.
    Being able to review a game like this after playing it less than 3h for example isn't fair.

After 3h, I can only find out if I like the idea of the game... not the game itself. I shouldn't be able to rate Counter Strike with 1* and say "well, it's an FPS, I don't like FPS".
    That's not helpful for the consumer either, it actually hurts them.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-09-28 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    True, we're still missing some parts of the event, but kinda sad if the new chinese year event turns out to have more rewards than the anniversary event of the game.

Xinyan mains on suicide watch.

Razor, the goodest boi.
    Lol xinyan who? Even Chungus was in the questline. How did they remember chungus but not her?

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    Dissing my man Kaeya like that smh. That's an insane stockpile ngl, but when you start leveling everyone to 80 (or even 90) they're gonna go FAST. Even worse with the mora.
    If I do it over 6 months, I won't have to do a single xp leyline (for 70-90), which is kind of what I was trying to say. I can't somehow avoid doing the gemstone grind for the ascension since they are purely tied to resin only and why to me, that's the main blocker.

The mora is definitely a big blocker yea.

Also lol, yea I don't like Kaeya :P To give you an idea of how much I hate Kaeya, I used Qiqi as my superconduct enabler for my razor over kaeya LOL (back in the early game).
    Last edited by blackpink; 2021-09-28 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Absolutely nothing wrong with weaponizing the tools you have at your disposal as the consumer IMO, especially since you have so few ways to actually effect change normally.
    As a customer, your most powerful tool is taking your money elsewhere. If you hate the game in its current state, you can stop spending or quit until they fix it, and yeah, you can also leave a review detailing what you didn't like. But you definitely wouldn't fairly rate Genshin 1*. Dropping a 1* "EHMAGERD MUH ANNIVERSARY REWARDS" review is, individually, nothing more than a baby fit, and I'd be willing to bet 90% of these reviews are coming from F2Ps. I guess F2Ps don't have other ways to exert pressure, but in their collective case, review bombing is pretty much terrorism, and that's not something that should be defended or encouraged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

As a customer, your most powerful tool is taking your money elsewhere. If you hate the game in its current state, you can stop spending or quit until they fix it, and yeah, you can also leave a review detailing what you didn't like. But you definitely wouldn't fairly rate Genshin 1*. Dropping a 1* "EHMAGERD MUH ANNIVERSARY REWARDS" review is, individually, nothing more than a baby fit, and I'd be willing to bet 90% of these reviews are coming from F2Ps. I guess F2Ps don't have other ways to exert pressure, but in their collective case, review bombing is pretty much terrorism, and that's not something that should be defended or encouraged.
    Don't bother. The guy thinks bitching about the game will get results somehow. Also, I don't mean to be a dick but...f2ps crying about stuff would just make Mihoyo laugh. F2p has 0 positive impact on their game and largely only negative impact (because they use up their operating costs without any profit). The only thing that will make them blink at all is when whales leave the game and / or a competitor comes along (and I mean a good one, not another shitty gacha game).

Apparently, the chinese VA for Kokomi is getting harassed because her game-character is so bad and obviously due to the anniversary drama as well.
    Since it's the chinese VA..... well, I already said what I think about the community, especially the chinese part of it.
    What a joke.

Definitely. People seem to think other gachas are giving out free characters or hundreds of rolls out of the goodness of their hearts, not because they are not very successful and want to bring new or returning players and lure them into spending more.
    Lol this...People don't seem to realize that Mihoyo knows how successful they've been with Genshin and are just milking as much as they can. The backlash with this anniversary may force them to change their roadmap but it won't affect them at all.

Wait for diablo immortal to drop on playstore for under 1.0 rating
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    The only amusing thing here is your stupidity.

No, google is not going to go out of their way to shill for some game.
    That only happens with 1 star reviews with next to no text due to an automated anti bot spam process.

Yes. Ratings matter. Everywhere.

Any app under 3 stars does not get promoted in the play store.

There is a reason hotels and restaurants will bend over backwards and let you fuck them in the ass for a good rating review.
    No...ratings do not matter when a game has moved past the initial phase, which Genshin is far past already. This applies for any product really. The only thing ratings are for, are like you said, for promotion, and to get the product known to people. Everyone and their mother at least has heard of Genshin at this point. Even all my non-gamer friends have heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lol xinyan who? Even Chungus was in the questline. How did they remember chungus but not her?
    TBF Chongyun got a hangout event, even Yanfei got to show up in the teapot questline I think it was? At least it seems she's gonna be relevant in 2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    If I do it over 6 months, I won't have to do a single xp leyline (for 70-90), which is kind of what I was trying to say. I can't somehow avoid doing the gemstone grind for the ascension since they are purely tied to resin only and why to me, that's the main blocker.

The mora is definitely a big blocker yea.

Also lol, yea I don't like Kaeya :P To give you an idea of how much I hate Kaeya, I used Qiqi as my superconduct enabler for my razor over kaeya LOL (back in the early game).
    Kaeya and Razor are my main dps since launch, and I got memed hard by my friends for using him lol. I just love to rub the 36* abyss in with Kaeya all over it.

Don't bother. The guy thinks bitching about the game will get results somehow. Also, I don't mean to be a dick but...f2ps crying about stuff would just make Mihoyo laugh. F2p has 0 positive impact on their game and largely only negative impact (because they use up their operating costs without any profit). The only thing that will make them blink at all is when whales leave the game and / or a competitor comes along (and I mean a good one, not another shitty gacha game).
    I agree the best move would be to actually have spenders to stop spending, but saying f2p don't matter is wrong. Most likely they make for the bulk of the playerbase. Even if they don't spend a cent, I don't think whales would be incentivized to spend on a dead game. Then again, it's my first gacha game so I'm still getting used to the customs of the genre.

Btw I don't think it has been posted yet, but apparently there's gonna be a 2.2 livestream in the Tokyo Game Show for Genshin Impact, 10/3 9pm GMT +9. JP VAs from Aether, Xinyan and Thoma will be on it.

a "cursory" glance will reveal that the rating is now at 1.9 and nothing is being done. Google doesnt give a fuck about some rando chinese shitters.
    YOu should ask Greasy "this one's on me" Timmy how his bullshit worked out for him.

The game now no longer gets promoted. You have to specifically search for it, or go look at the dubious "biggest revenue" category, where it is in the top 10. Hell, its so fucking funny, because of the rating, the first result for genshin is now a paid strategy guide.

Mihoyo getting what they fucking deserve.

They give streamers like kektone 15K gemmies for free, and then spit on the rest of paying players.

- - - Updated - - -

Fortunately, bootlickers like you dont get to decide what other people feel the game should be rated as.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Your most powerful tool is word of mouth and preventing them from gaining new customers. Which is what the reviews are for ;^)

- - - Updated - - -

You dont know shit about how gacha ecosystems work. Stop talking for a while. Preferrably forever/. Whales whale so they can flex on the F2P, or plankton. When the plankton, their sustenance, is gone, the whale will swim to other waters to begin the cycle anew.

- - - Updated - - -

No...ratings do not matter when a game has moved past the initial phase, which Genshin is far past already. This applies for any product really. The only thing ratings are for, are like you said, for promotion, and to get the product known to people. Everyone and their mother at least has heard of Genshin at this point. Even all my non-gamer friends have heard of it.
    First gacha? Yeah, it shows.

Reviewbombing has been done for multiple other games, and worked every time.
    Last edited by Muskrat; 2021-09-28 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said above, the free stuff isn't the issue here. It's the blatant abuse of your community to do free work for you in exchange for basically peanuts. The art 'contest' is at best insulting, at worst straight up exploitative. It's also a matter if respect for your playerbase that made the game successful. You can call it entitled, but at least getting an in-game mail that just says "Hey, thanks for supporting us for 1 year, here's to many more years of fun" would have been just an absolute basic.