Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    omg Google has picked up on it as most searched topics world wide, that's a big deal out doing 19 searches, this is turning huge!
    Very. I don’t think I’ve seen an MMO get this hyped in recent memory. This is HUGE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    as soon as i get some free time, i'll join and get myself a nice piece of own opinion
    and looking forward to loa amazon is doing good, cheers to anyone playing right now ^-^
    love WoWarcraft

Phase 1: Bad launch half the people can't play - "It's like all other launches, quit crying"
    Phase 2: Content played within less than a week - "Lol what do you think happens when you no life a game, they will release more content soon"
    Phase 3: No content released, Company releases roadmap - "Everyone is so impatient, look they released a roadmap just quit and come back later"
    Phase 4: Roadmap largely ignored, 1/4 of content planned is actually released - "Everyone that quit is just bad, look at the accounts created!, best mmo ever!"
    Phase 5: Major updates to game.....'s cash shop!!!
    Phase 6: Talks of "Do you think Amazon will do "New World: A Realm Reborn" type release?"
    Phase 7: New World goes Free to play, even more cash shop

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    so is this albion online with 3rd person view?
    um, no? not even remotely similar.

I don't understand why people are waiting in infinite queues rather than just play on a different realm.

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    That is the pure definition of Brutal

- - - Updated - - -

Please Do Not Feed the Trolls

Feeding trolls in your favorite forum may seem harmless but doing so can have serious effects for both the troll and the normal rational poster.

Adult conversations are not made for trolls. It can cause rabid confusion, foul mouth, enrage the troll and may cause it to spew death threats.

Continued feeding of trolls can make it dependent on your forum as a reliable source of attention and it may become unable to survive on it's own and less likely to F-off and go elsewhere.

Please Do Not Feed the Trolls!
    seriously dude, take a chill pill. You posts recently have come off as a neurotic child having its first sugar high.

its ok to like a game without having to shout it off of the rooftops every change you get.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an MMO launched by one of the biggest corporations in the world to mostly work from day one.
    This isn't 2004 WoW where we had no idea how big a launch was going to be. They have data, preorders, etc... to predict this shit.
    A mega-corp founded by a now trillionaire should be held to a higher standard than something that released 17 years ago.

It seems like this is the first release of a MMO for some people...

But, the game at the moment is BORING. It gets stale fast... World of Runcraft... I mean, I am ok with bugs and similar new game problems. But the game as a whole is just not... IT at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I don't understand why people are waiting in infinite queues rather than just play on a different realm.
    Not sure what US servers are like but in the EU there's nothing below 1500 queue. I tried a low one for an hour and it went don by 100 so gave up. I can wait a few days.

Just to add I don't know what people expect. Servers are a physical resource. There's no point amazon buying 10 times the servers they need for the day one rush and then have 10 times the capacity in 3 weeks time. It's an insane business model to suggest that.
    Last edited by Wezmon; 2021-09-28 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Phase 1: Bad launch half the people can't play - "It's like all other launches, quit crying"
    Phase 2: Content played within less than a week - "Lol what do you think happens when you no life a game, they will release more content soon"
    Phase 3: No content released, Company releases roadmap - "Everyone is so impatient, look they released a roadmap just quit and come back later"
    Phase 4: Roadmap largely ignored, 1/4 of content planned is actually released - "Everyone that quit is just bad, look at the accounts created!, best mmo ever!"
    Phase 5: Major updates to game.....'s cash shop!!!
    Phase 6: Talks of "Do you think Amazon will do "New World: A Realm Reborn" type release?"
    Phase 7: New World goes Free to play, even more cash shop
    this is exactly how this game will go. it will be anthem 1 month from now.

game looks like complete garbage, it wont hold people for long IMO spending your time 90% walking/running is not gonna keep people hooked.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it worth completing town project for myself except for XP??? some costs lots of mats. are there any other benefits from it?
    Last edited by Proskill; 2021-09-28 at 08:11 PM.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Not sure what US servers are like but in the EU there's nothing below 1500 queue. I tried a low one for an hour and it went don by 100 so gave up. I can wait a few days.

Just to add I don't know what people expect. Servers are a physical resource. There's no point amazon buying 10 times the servers they need for the day one rush and then have 10 times the capacity in 3 weeks time. It's an insane business model to suggest that.
    When I made that post there were a whole bunch of servers with single digit queues. Those same servers now have queues in the hundreds.

"It feels a bit weird that there are taxes in an MMO created by Amazon."

Best Steam review ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    You'd think that Amazon of all companies would have higher server-capacity for their MMO.
    Also apparently they're missing SEA and Australian servers?
    They did not want to launch with those server regions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    "It feels a bit weird that there are taxes in an MMO created by Amazon."

Best Steam review ever.
    Haha! That's awesome.

I logged in #247 in que about an hour ago.

I'm at 143 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    so ive waited 2h on a supposedly 40 ppl queue server. saw there was a server with 18k queue. why do ppl do this to themselves?
    I am two epidodes into the new season of Lucifer. Was in an 18 person queue and am still only at 7. Either people really don't want to log out or the system is a tad buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an MMO launched by one of the biggest corporations in the world to mostly work from day one.
    This isn't 2004 WoW where we had no idea how big a launch was going to be. They have data, preorders, etc... to predict this shit.
    A mega-corp founded by a now trillionaire should be held to a higher standard than something that released 17 years ago.
    What games so far did manage to do this "properly?" (That also had so many people playing)
    I too wish we could all easily fly to the moon, after all it's been quite a while now since the first person did it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The issue with big releases like this is basically streamers, and I'm not trying to pin the blame on them at all. It's actually the people following them for whatever reason they have (to be annoying/grief or just hoping they can be part of their content or potentially play with them). If this was the case back when a lot of the older MMOs launched the servers would be even worse than they are, but players given their own devices would probably evenly go to certain servers if met with queues in the first few days of launch. This is literally what happened in WoW as well, but WoW having server problems was a product of them not realizing how big the game would actually be, and probably pretty shit net code back in 2004.

Twitch is a decent indicator, but as iirc you can be in multiple streams at the same time to prop or have multiple accounts going to prop up view counts. Not saying that people are doing this just to prop up view counts on New Worlds behalf, but more because of the rewards behind it. Ever since drops became a thing on Twitch pretty much every stream has that tag and people will literally just afk in dozens of streams trying to get rewarded with random shit.

The game looks interesting to me but it's not interesting enough for me to buy it right out of the gate, especially with server instability and potential queues. I'll wait a few weeks and if the general consensus is positive of the game I'll pick it up. There's no subscription attached and I highly doubt I wouldn't get my moneys worth just getting to max level with a few buds. Until then I'll do what I normally do and just avoid things about the game aside from spoiler free reviews so that I don't ruin any aspect of a game I might potentially play.

Tried the game for a hour and was bored.

Hope everyone who plays it enjoys it but it isn't for me so I got a refund.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    is it worth completing town project for myself except for XP??? some costs lots of mats. are there any other benefits from it?
    Town standing. Those bonuses add up eventually and help out if/when you get into crafting, need to store stuff. Bonuses allow you to offset taxes and fees.

Really only applies to a, town you plan to call your main town

Resident Cosplay Progressive