Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, there is something about the game that is very compelling despite the rather average.. well, everything except setting. It is satisfying as hell though.

We started playing a little after dinner and 4 hours flew by.
    Also think it should be said, but this is by far the best game launch and easily the best mmo launch I've seen ever.

Sure there are wait times, but I didn't see any server instability or lag at all in the 7 hours I was on.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Also think it should be said, but this is by far the best game launch and easily the best mmo launch I've seen ever.

Sure there are wait times, but I didn't see any server instability or lag at all in the 7 hours I was on.
    Yea, same. The game was smooth the whole time. Only thing was the queue window/line was displaying nonsense if you swapped from US West to US East and back. But nothing in the game was off.

Can't get in again.
    Said 49th in q earlier.
    Waited like 2 hours for that to sit at 1st forever until it finally dc'd me.
    Waiting again at 38th.
    Left Valhalla and found new server this morning to no avail.
    At this rate, maybe in 2 hours again I'll get in.
    The message telling me they opened 28 new worlds for US East doesn't help.
    Going to make cupcakes and watch Antman!
    Get out of my q before I get back plz thnx.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    They don't. And no one else would throw money at it either.

All transitory issues are ignorable.
    Isn't it amusing, people who have no idea how the world works, thinking things like this? ~$100 billion company can throw money around like nothing.

I cringe to know what these people's financial situations look like with this logic.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Isn't it amusing, people who have no idea how the world works, thinking things like this? ~$100 billion company can throw money around like nothing.

I cringe to know what these people's financial situations look like with this logic.
    It’s kind of amusing you belittle other people while saying Amazon is worth 100 billion.

Try 1.7 trillion.

You were close though?

People have a difficult time mentally envisioning how much a trillion really is.

Here let me help.

1 million seconds = 11.5 days

1 billion seconds = 32 YEARS

1 trillion seconds = 32 THOUSAND YEARS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    You'd think that Amazon of all companies would have higher server-capacity for their MMO.
    Also apparently they're missing SEA and Australian servers?
    i'm guessing you don't keep up with current affairs, but there's a CATESTROPHIC GLOBAL SILICON SHORTAGE right now that's only getting worse as chip manufacturers are working at capacity and cannot produce any more chips than they already are, not to mention the sheer amount of shut downs and outages due to power issues in china and other issues affecting TSMC, literally nobody can get server hardware right now, doesn't matter if amazon put up a blank cheque they ain't getting shit, really wish people would stop bitching about server capacity issues in light of current world events and be thankful they have any kind of server capacity to host the game to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post

as stated above your 'estimate' on the companies value is comically off, and they could quite literally say to any chip manufacturer 'here's $50 billion make me some hardware' and they wouldn't get it because all chip makers are working at capacity and will continue to be stuck that way for months potentially years to come until the new fabs being built are up and running somewhere between 3-5 years from now, so to your point, while it's not a sound business decision, amazon if they felt like it could quite literally buy out any and all competition with the resources at their disposal and not need to worry about the balance sheet too much.

The queue times are completely atrocious (and honestly, in the age of preorders kind of inexcusable) but the game is super, super fun. I unfortunately got fucked by a power outage but we all transferred to a lower pop server and are having a blast

Finally got in after like a 3 hour queue...I think some kinda streamer joined my server or something, because chat was instantly cancer in a way it sure wasn't earlier today.

Lame, was hoping to avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an MMO launched by one of the biggest corporations in the world to mostly work from day one.
    This isn't 2004 WoW where we had no idea how big a launch was going to be. They have data, preorders, etc... to predict this shit.
    A mega-corp founded by a now trillionaire should be held to a higher standard than something that released 17 years ago.
    WoW still has issues every single expansion launch so what the hell are you talking about holding NW to a higher standard, no matter how a company prepares a large launch never goes completely smoothly, the only real issue is just needing more servers since the game plays good and only lag issues when something is actually wrong with the server.

New Worlds launch is still much smoother than any WoW expansion.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2021-09-29 at 04:29 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    WoW still has issues every single expansion launch so what the hell are you talking about holding NW to a higher standard, no matter how a company prepares a large launch never goes completely smoothly, the only real issue is just needing more servers since the game plays good and only lag issues when something is actually wrong with the server.

New Worlds launch is still much smoother than any WoW expansion.
    I think they are trying to say the company that runs things like AWS and just Amazon.com itself...doesn't have enough authentication servers allocated to New World. I find rather laughable myself. I could actually forgive gameplay issues but that's just fucking funny.

It's hilarious seeing all the beta people in the same golden armor skin and using the twitch weapon skins. Like you're standing next to a dude in rags while wearing golden-winged armor gleaming like a polished mirror. Both are picking sticks and rocks.

Important question...can you hide your bloody helmet? I guess there used to be a way to do it through the appearance option on gear, but I'm not seeing that anymore. I've got some hideous clown mask and I just can't even with this right now.

I think I picked a bad faction for my server though (Covenant), there seems to be like, 3 guilds recruiting so far -_-

3+ Year Old Account
    I have a question about buying it. If I were to just by the Standard Edition, will I be able to upgrade to Deluxe later? I'm a bit running low on Steam Cash...
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Important question...can you hide your bloody helmet? I guess there used to be a way to do it through the appearance option on gear, but I'm not seeing that anymore. I've got some hideous clown mask and I just can't even with this right now.

I think I picked a bad faction for my server though (Covenant), there seems to be like, 3 guilds recruiting so far -_-
    Yes.
    There is a right click menu on your items when you hit tab.
    There are options for things like dyes and salvage etc too.
    Prime gaming has the pirate outfit you can switch to this way too if you've claimed it.
    Have to do each one on their own tho.

Edit:
    Looks like you have to return it then rebuy it @bwonsamdi:

https://forums.newworld.com/t/how-to...-edition/63366

https://www.reddit.com/r/newworldgam...eluxe_edition/
    Last edited by Hollycakes; 2021-09-29 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    This game is crack... even with the combat, I just want to farm and craft... Got home from the gym at 2p, it's now 9p... been playing the whole time. I don't think I've done that in years. I just forced myself to get off.

I don't think it's going to be everyone's cup of tea, but for the people like me that are looking for that immersive world to get lost in, yeah I think Amazon has a winner on their hands here.
    Is thereva story to it?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This literally happens with every major MMO at launch, and usually far worse with actual server instability and authentication/login server issues etc.

The only way to avoid queues is to either not limit server capacities which...would just crash servers, or throw hundreds and hundreds of servers out at launch to handle the initial rush and the spin down 80% a few weeks later when folks have quit or aren't trying to log in at the same time so populations are more spread out. Which is stupidly expensive and annoys folks who quickly lose their servers.

Because just opening tons of servers is what SWTOR did to handle their launch rush, spinning up damn near 100 new servers within a week or two of launch...only to fairly quickly spin the majority of them back down and have multiple rounds of expensive and annoying server mergers in the subsequent weeks/months.

its almost like these guys never heard of virtual servers, load balancers,. etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to wait until the opening day hype died down a bit but did get a couple of hours in tonight. Seems pretty similar to the beta. Enjoying it thus far. I was worried when I say a ton of people in the starting area but they did a good job with span rates and I never had to wait or fight for spawns.

Question, anyone know of a site or something that gives a breakdown of the different factions?

Also, anyone with Amazon Prime should snag the pirate bundle for free. The swashbuckler outfit you get is pretty sweet. Oddly, I don't think I saw a single other person using it when I played.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I have a question about buying it. If I were to just by the Standard Edition, will I be able to upgrade to Deluxe later? I'm a bit running low on Steam Cash...
    I bought the normal version and it seems like that I can not upgrade.

Hm, the Twitch login is default disabled for me, and turning it on, won't make a difference. Does anyone know how I can turn it back on? It seems like I lost all my skins.
    Last edited by Clozer; 2021-09-29 at 07:51 AM.

Axe hit tree and I get wood. Yay.

Same deal in osrs but the same action feels more satisfying in new world. Mining too.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    its almost like these guys never heard of virtual servers, load balancers,. etc.
    Especially considering Amazon literally owns insane amount of server nodes. They wouldn't even need to "buy" anything. Obviously it would "cost" them tho.

So far Im watching streams and my opinion remains unchanged. Game needs extra year of development, a lot more content, mounts and teleports.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV