If they can do the hand magic effect for Nightborne then they can do it for Void elves too. Why limit it to just one race? I'd love to see Ren'dorei with their hands infused and overflowing with the Void. You can make the effect all astral-looking or simply void-y. The technology is getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    My priest on ptr!

! Mine last time I logged on. I really like how purple and yellow look together.

Definitely provides some nice contrast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Honestly I'm seriously considering giving my purple haired VE priest blonde hair.
    Do it!

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/SaNSe1Y.jpg[/IG]
    Lovely!

I really wish the tentacle toggle changed the tentacles into braids instead of just removing them. If they have to rebuild the hairstyles anyways to fill in those holes with something else, braids make the most sense and would be the easiest to implement. Otherwise, you have some of the tentacle hairstyles with big bald spots that look terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I really wish the tentacle toggle changed the tentacles into braids instead of just removing them. If they have to rebuild the hairstyles anyways to fill in those holes with something else, braids make the most sense and would be the easiest to implement. Otherwise, you have some of the tentacle hairstyles with big bald spots that look terrible.
    I mean it's something that has been said for a long time, so I do hope they consider it down the lane.

They should just add an NPC that lets you toggle off the racial visual effect, and finally bury the notion that Void Elves have to be Voidy.

I mean it's something that has been said for a long time, so I do hope they consider it down the lane.
    At the very least, they should fill those bald spots with more hair. Leaving them unfinished like that is not AAA game company quality at all.

At the very least, they should fill those bald spots with more hair. Leaving them unfinished like that is not AAA game company quality at all.
    Did you notice last patch when they smoothed out the ponytail on the Flayer hairstyle and fixed the warped texture on the short Umbric hair? I really think that's pretty much what we will see for them done for now, until VE get a proper revamp probably next expansion.

The fact that NB where LIKE THAT since they were introduced really tells us what's the level of polish and acceptable procrastination they are going for.

Did you notice last patch when they smoothed out the ponytail on the Flayer hairstyle and fixed the warped texture on the short Umbric hair? I really think that's pretty much what we will see for them done for now, until VE get a proper revamp probably next expansion.

The fact that NB where LIKE THAT since they were introduced really tells us what's the level of polish and acceptable procrastination they are going for.
    Ah, I didn't notice. I'm glad they fixed that.

So now it's just those empty spots on a few of the styles. It's more noticeable on some than others, like the elegance female style and the sorrow male style. The hair is just kinda levitating there. A braid would fit in there perfectly!

But you're probably right about them being done for now. Although, it does seem like they got quite a bit less than LFD, HMT, or NB got. They all got new skin tones and hair colors like VE, but they also got other new stuff like hairstyles, tail options, and tattoos. NB even got glowy hands thrown in for good measure. Maybe VE need something else for icing on the cake? Like glowing Alleria tattoos, braids, or even both.

Ah, I didn't notice. I'm glad they fixed that.

So now it's just those empty spots on a few of the styles. It's more noticeable on some than others, like the elegance female style and the sorrow male style. The hair is just kinda levitating there. A braid would fit in there perfectly!

But you're probably right about them being done for now. Although, it does seem like they got quite a bit less than LFD, HMT, or NB got. They all got new skin tones and hair colors like VE, but they also got other new stuff like hairstyles, tail options, and tattoos. NB even got glowy hands thrown in for good measure. Maybe VE need something else for icing on the cake? Like glowing Alleria tattoos, braids, or even both.
    I mean I do think VE will get a revamp, but laters; it's kinda obvious they aren't getting the same TLC than other AR's, all the stuff they have gotten are reused assets, or separated options for hair and tentacles.

I believe there is a reason why VE's aren't being given new options right now, and that's possible lore related, given that it was pretty likely no AR's were going to get new stuff until 10.0 until they changed their mind.

No new assets have been added to VE's, which is a stark contrast to the other 3 AR's that have gotten overall a pretty juicy revamp with several new customization options, so the fact that VE's don't have anything new in terms of development does make me believe the options we are getting now are to tide us over until that future revamp, but this is all speculation on my end.

I mean I do think VE will get a revamp, but laters; it's kinda obvious they aren't getting the same TLC than other AR's, all the stuff they have gotten are reused assets, or separated options for hair and tentacles.

I believe there is a reason why VE's aren't being given new options right now, and that's possible lore related, given that it was pretty likely no AR's were going to get new stuff until 10.0 until they changed their mind.

No new assets have been added to VE's, which is a stark contrast to the other 3 AR's that have gotten overall a pretty juicy revamp with several new customization options, so the fact that VE's don't have anything new in terms of development does make me believe the options we are getting now are to tide us over until that future revamp, but this is all speculation on my end.
    I think the reason why VE got reused assets is because
    A) Void elf/High elf fans have been pretty active in suggestions for High elf fantasy on void elves for long time
    B) it's the most easy thing they can do, they just transfer existing assets from BE to VE

Seeing what they did with NB and LFD, I think we can expect something bigger for void elves too. I think it's time to properly expand their Void theme finaly, maybe we will get "starcursed" options for our hair and Entropic Embrace customization. Seeing that they followed feedback for Nightborne and are working on mana hands give me hope for void elves

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I think the reason why VE got reused assets is because
    A) Void elf/High elf fans have been pretty active in suggestions for High elf fantasy on void elves for long time
    B) it's the most easy thing they can do, they just transfer existing assets from BE to VE

Seeing what they did with NB and LFD, I think we can expect something bigger for void elves too. I think it's time to properly expand their Void theme finaly, maybe we will get "starcursed" options for our hair and Entropic Embrace customization. Seeing that they followed feedback for Nightborne and are working on mana hands give me hope for void elves
    Yeah, I do agree with that, I think what I am saying mostly is that there's a larger reason why we aren't seeing dedicated new VE options right now, and that is probably a lore based one, such as, needing some time to pass for VE's to establish themselves culturally, perhaps related to the role the void would play next expansion.

So in the meantime, I think they added the HE options basically because of the reasons you pointed out, otherwise, VE's would have gotten nothing this cycle in contrast to the other 3 OG AR's.

That's my thing, I believe that proper VE customization assets will come down later (next expansion) and the reason is probably more lore based.

Yeah, I do agree with that, I think what I am saying mostly is that there's a larger reason why we aren't seeing dedicated new VE options right now, and that is probably a lore based one, such as, needing some time to pass for VE's to establish themselves culturally, perhaps related to the role the void would play next expansion.

So in the meantime, I think they added the HE options basically because of the reasons you pointed out, otherwise, VE's would have gotten nothing this cycle in contrast to the other 3 OG AR's.

That's my thing, I believe that proper VE customization assets will come down later (next expansion) and the reason is probably more lore based.
    My guess is that they decided to experiment on more "flashy" customizations, like Nightborne mana hands. I mean, they are working on that since first round of allied races - Nightborne glowing tattoos and permanent Naaru rune on LFD. Then we had DID and their fiery hair and beards. Now they are working on NB mana hands, so I think they eventually work on more stuff for other races too. Void elves make natural candidate for something extraordinary, maybe even Entropic Embrace could use some glows and sparkles

My guess is that they decided to experiment on more "flashy" customizations, like Nightborne mana hands. I mean, they are working on that since first round of allied races - Nightborne glowing tattoos and permanent Naaru rune on LFD. Then we had DID and their fiery hair and beards. Now they are working on NB mana hands, so I think they eventually work on more stuff for other races too. Void elves make natural candidate for something extraordinary, maybe even Entropic Embrace could use some glows and sparkles
    Maybe! We could end up getting some very spiffy looks for VE , very void based with neat effects all around.

But yeah, I think that their evident exclusion when it comes to new options right now is lore based; that makes sense to me, because Void Elves really don't have a strong identity right now -how could they, since last time we saw them they were literally just BE's transformed by void?- let alone an aesthetics that is a reflection of that identity?

Void Elves kinda need to develop their own sense of aesthetic as a people -and metatextually, that means developing a cohesive aesthetic for them that makes sense for their background- and from that sense of aesthetics, should their customization options come from.

Now that authentic High Elves are given, they should lean into the Void Ethereal aspect. On one hand, Void Elves who barely look corrupted at all. On the other, Void Elves that are 90% of the way there. Instead of skin color, you could have bandage color, and your body is otherwise totally Void.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Now that authentic High Elves are given, they should lean into the Void Ethereal aspect. On one hand, Void Elves who barely look corrupted at all. On the other, Void Elves that are 90% of the way there. Instead of skin color, you could have bandage color, and your body is otherwise totally Void.

While I don't think VE's should copy Ethereal aesthetics wholesale and actually get something that says "Ethereal+Thalassian", I really do like the idea of pure void bodies. But given my previous point, I'm not sure about the bandages, because well, they could look to ethereal-like.

In which case, I'm like we can either have ethereals as their own AR, or... let's go full in and give Ethereal idle stances to Void Elves.

Cause While I wouldn't love if VE's got Ethereal aesthetics as is, if we are not gonna get playable ethereals ever, might as well, no?

While I don't think VE's should copy Ethereal aesthetics wholesale and actually get something that says "Ethereal+Thalassian", I really do like the idea of pure void bodies. But given my previous point, I'm not sure about the bandages, because well, they could look to ethereal-like.

In which case, I'm like we can either have ethereals as their own AR, or... let's go full in and give Ethereal idle stances to Void Elves.

Cause While I wouldn't love if VE's got Ethereal aesthetics as is, if we are not gonna get playable ethereals ever, might as well, no?
    We can rename Void Elf to Etherelf

We can rename Void Elf to Etherelf
    sounds like a computer port

Yes! I'm glad for the high elf fans, but i want them to explore the ethereal connection they have for some future customization options.

https://imgur.com/GCSETfl
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."