Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Truth is Blizzard tried to phase it out in Warlords when they removed tier gear and the good trinkets and threw in generic garbage and it was still popular to the point they reverted it in Legion putting tier sets and trinkets back in..
    Actually WoD had very good class trinkets in last raid tier.

No, LFR is only like 0.1% whats wrong with the game.
    LFR and LFD is and was great, only thing they should make is: make it server only and not cross server.

Would i personaly ever play on an official server again? no.
    the remaining 2m players (i bet 1.5m are china server players) can grind some mcguffin chicken nugget token to increase borrowed power ability no482

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    No, LFR is only like 0.1% whats wrong with the game.
    LFR and LFD is and was great, only thing they should make is: make it server only and not cross server.
    It will be a disaster for low-populated servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    It removes desire specialy for new players play beyond LFR as most people after LFR consider game being beaten and rather quit than do same content all over again.
    For fuck's sake: Working through more difficult versions of the raid are doing the same content all over again.

The 'people aspire to improve' thing has been thoroughly debunked over the years. It's simply not the case that there are eager less-skilled players whose only burning desire is to improve their game. It's a ridiculous pose and everyone by now knows it.

Besides, with the current raiding community and it's avoidance of anything that appears to be taking in newer players to train them up and make good raiders out of them, these players will never get into serious raiding guilds or pick-up groups anyway. No one aspires to be told "fuck off" 15 times a night when trying to get into a raid group. So a guaranteed seat in LFR is what they'll do if they have any interest. Buying a boost is the other option if they have the currency.

Lastly, the way wings are released in LFR if anyone wants to stay and see the whole raid they're in for a good couple of months of waiting for the various wings to all open. By that time, if anyone is lucky enough to get into a raiding guild they've probably cleared normal difficulty and then guess what: They get to do the same content all over again but harder.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-09-29 at 07:51 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    It would affect you since it has big impact on power infaltion and desire to do content.

- - - Updated - - -

Becouse it does. LFR have big impact on players enjoment of content, it has giant impact on power inflation what creates unbalances between classes and need of seasonal gameplay. It removes desire specialy for new players play beyond LFR as most people after LFR consider game being beaten and rather quit than do same content all over again. It ruins community aspect, social structure. Removes need for guild, promotoes toxic behaviour and incitiave solo over group play in mmo game.

Do you want me to continue with more cons of LFR exitence?
    Right right. Care to explain how mythic raiders exist then? Mythic always releases a week after a raid drops so according to your logic, as soon as they do heroic they're done. Nobody moves on to mythic because they apparently feel like they already consider the game beaten. All of those cons you listen literally are a non-issue because the only people that want LFR removed are people who don't believe "casuals" should be allowed to raid. The elitists also get mad that people are getting gear, despite it being weaker than normal gear, because now they can't show off as much. LFR has absolutely NOTHING to do with power inflation or class imbalance. The community was trash long before LFR showed up. It doesn't remove the need for a guild either because, lo and behold, there's still hundreds if not thousands of guilds. And finally, he who lives in glasshouse should not throw stones. Because trying to remove an aspect of the game that literally justifies Blizzard spending time making the raids look halfway decent is an elitist, gatekeeping mindset.
    Last edited by TheRevenantHero; 2021-09-29 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    If Blizzard removed tourist mode from the game, would you continue to play it?

(if I knew how to make a poll I would.)
    I'd turn your question by 180 degrees. If Blizzard removed hardtry (mythic) mode from the game would you continue to play it?

EDIT: Before anybody starts crusade against me, I don't have anything against mythic, I just don't understand why so many people have problems with content they aren't doing and which is not mandatory?
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 2021-09-29 at 08:44 AM.

I would probably still play the game without LFR. Now of course the removal of LFR would have knock-on effects that might affect stuff that I do care more about, but in hypothetical version where LFR was gone with nothing else changed I would probaby still play.
    I would however play less. LFR is a distinct difficulty with its own cosmetic rewards. It's just a recolor, but sometimes that is all you need, and I do enjoy both gathering mogs from LFR while the content is current, but even more so once it isnt. Removing it would rob me of that one simple pleasure for no discernible gain.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

(if I knew how to make a poll I would.)
    Maybe i dont know. LFR was the reason i quitted in CAT and the reason i keep quitting after a month on newer expansions. IT really depends i also dont like Mythic 5man giving gear on pair with raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I'd turn your question by 180 degrees. If Blizzard removed hardtry (mythic) mode from the game would you continue to play it?

EDIT: Before anybody starts crusade against me, I don't have anything against mythic, I just don't understand why so many people have problems with content they aren't doing and which is not mandatory?
    Cause they got affected one way or another, or they are clueless and just whine because they can and hating WoW is a trend on here.

LFR has more positives than negatives, but the negatives affect others, while the positives dont.

The negative aspects are mostly Blizzards bad decisions and has nothing to do with the players themselves, but because of Blizzards mistake, it seaped into the community passively/slowly and has remained.

Quick example, the mentality of "I dont have to play, the Mythic raiders will do it for me" that appeared mid-MOP and has remained ever since.

Why did it start? Because Tier Sets and Legendary quest dropped from there also, so the better players would increase their chances without carrying about the item level cause the game design was like that, that Tier Set Bonus >Anything, and you had 5-10 players carrying others, and if you were playing you could literally see the degradation of "Trying to play" from introduction of LFR in Cataclysm, to Throne of Thunder as example.

This mentality carries to other aspects of the game, when people finally get out of the LFR item range and want to progess, their mentality is that they dont have to get better, its fine being as they are, others will just carry them.

Luckily with BFA and SL changes, better players arent "forced" to enter LFR, and you could see the insane wipes back in BFA, until after a few months people realized they cant get carried, and they started voting out, not accepting slackers etc, much more than before.

But the damage is done and the community has this thing in their brain that people must accept their lack of skill/knowledge, without them having to improve ever.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-09-29 at 10:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean my only ever issue I had with LFR/ or LFG was the instant teleport to dungeons. As a finder for groups its the best thing. But I prefered when you had to make your own way to the dungeons.

But its a different MMO culture these days, its convivence and everyone wants everything now now now, MMO are no longer about the journey its about getting to A - B fast as possible. I cannot blame people for that its just how the community has evolved, sadly
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

You could remove raiding entirely and people would play wow because raiding is not their content but that's not the answer you seek is it?

I would play the game more actually and start to encourage new players to try it instead of actively trying to hush them away

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sure, I don't raid, I don't care if they remove raiding from the game

And no, don't kid yourself, if they remove LFR they won't keep raiding as it is. You remember Firelands and Dragon Soul? (You don't? Go do them) That's what raiding would be without LFR, because basically no one did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yeah sure, I don't raid, I don't care if they remove raiding from the game

And no, don't kid yourself, if they remove LFR they won't keep raiding as it is. You remember Firelands and Dragon Soul? (You don't? Go do them) That's what raiding would be without LFR, because basically no one did it.
    Imagine actually thinking "basically no one" raids outside of lfr. Lol.

Ofcourse, but I dont mind having it in the game because I enjoy doing it on my alts

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    I dont care about LFR at all, but know many players who use it.
    Idk why you want to remove it, if you don't like it you can just ignore it, it doesnt interfere with other gameplay.
    Because ignoring it is too much work. It is hilarious seeing people advocate removal of things they don't even play simply because they don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Imagine actually thinking "basically no one" raids outside of lfr. Lol.
    Dont need to strain you imagination. Blizz itself said nobody raids so we gotta do lfr to make use of the content we create. The numbers they gave back then for raid participation were single digit.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because ignoring it is too much work. It is hilarious seeing people advocate removal of things they don't even play simply because they don't like it.
    They think that LFR brings toxicity (imagine that FFXIV have lfr only raids and one of the most healthy mmorpg communities ), affects class balance (its not borrowing powers ofc), made peolpe decline higher raid difficilties (its not m+ ofc!) and took too much resources to develop (they need to work on the different color raid sets!).
    Last edited by iinverse; 2021-09-29 at 11:45 AM.

I'm not playing the game with or without LFR, but removal of LFR would reinforce that the devs are doubling down on a hardcore oriented game focus.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I would likely quit. I am one of those people that (relatively) enjoys LFR.