Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    They tend to just do whatever the story tells them to do at any given moment. In BfA, they made a huge deal about the importance of naval warfare. The fact that they were begging the Kul Tirans to join up in order to offset the advantage that the Zandalari gave demonstrates it. That being said, the next faction conflict we get might just gloss all over it and say that aerial superiority is key.
    Don't forget in Legion the Alliance were showing they were capable of achieving orbital supremacy with laser-blasting starships so a few wooden boats shouldn't make any difference to future conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Don't forget in Legion the Alliance were showing they were capable of achieving orbital supremacy with laser-blasting starships so a few wooden boats shouldn't make any difference to future conflicts.
    I *really* wish they'd address this in some way. Hell, say the damn ship took damage and can't fly anymore. Something. It's the sort of thing that should trivialize battle and it's just not addressed at all.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Boar is nice but what's wrong with a bear ? They are pretty iconic to dwarves after all. It could have a small barrel around the neck like those mountain rescue dogs, lol !
    That's what I'm saying lol. The OG WoW cinematic features a dwarf hunter with his bear lol. Although boar's lend themselves well too, considering "beer basted boar ribs." Less apparent than a bear being in the cinematic though

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    That's what I'm saying lol. The OG WoW cinematic features a dwarf hunter with his bear lol. Although boar's lend themselves well too, considering "beer basted boar ribs." Less apparent than a bear being in the cinematic though
    True, true boar are a significant part of the mountain fauna in wow.

Alright, here I found it. It was really not much, I just took the common druid form and drew a dwarf bear form on top of it. I was doing it when I was getting used to my tablet settings.

Maybe... humans are direct descendents of iron and stone giants created by a race of star gods so they may be harder than they appear.
    There is also the fact that humans are more disciplined and have a much longer history of organised battle formations to deal with more aggressive and less organised foes. During the First War Stormwind armies under Anduin Lothar's command managed to pose a formidable obstacle to the Horde despite the overwhelming numbers and physical advantage that orcs had over them with their better organisation and tactics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I *really* wish they'd address this in some way. Hell, say the damn ship took damage and can't fly anymore. Something. It's the sort of thing that should trivialize battle and it's just not addressed at all.
    Same for many of the Alliance's other weapons at their disposal such as many of the gnomes' best inventions and weapons, or many of the Night Elves' natural allies who weren't present during the War of Thorns but conveniently showed up only during the battle for Darkshore.

But I have already expressed my frank and blunt opinion about BFA story many times.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's not forget that dwarves are pretty much guaranteed to have gnomes as allies who, if they're kept focus, can work to nullify any advantages other races have in technology and applied magic.
    This reminds me of the orbital bombardment weapon and of the Arcane Nullifiers, and of the gnomes' material to deal with radiation and toxic gas that are never shown and used outside of Gnomeregan subplots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarves really are the best race in the entire game, only barely nudging out Orcs.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm going by logical applications of the lore. If we went by what the game showed then humans going up against 600 pound orcs and 1,000+ pounder cows in melee combat is somehow a standard tactic when logically it is stupid and the Alliance has no reason to do it when they have machineguns and laser beams.

- - - Updated - - -

Alliance footmen vs Orc grunts is visually iconic but if it ever happened in the first place then the Alliance commanders screwed up. Worgen and Draenei are the only Alliance races that should be fighting Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren in melee combat, and that should be the protect the riflemen who would ideally gun down those monstrous races before they reached melee range.
    Humans do usually wear much more armor than their Horde counterparts, and in this universe humans aren't puny at all and have spawned several mighty melee combatants such as Varian, Anduin Lothar and Arthas that were a match for all but the hardiest Orcs. The matchup probably isn't as one-sided as it appears (have you seen how swole WoW humans are anyway?), but yeah logically you'd think both factions would use technology a lot more and rely a lot less on random dudes with axes and swords when they have gatling guns, mech suits, magic and nukes.

Then again this is a universe where a guy with an axe can destroy a laser-toting mech suit and where a guy with swords can oneshot a skyscraper-sized demonic robot.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Draenei and Worgen are physically stronger. Draenei are also far more advanced than the Dwarves. Gnomes also invented nuclear technology and teleporters.
    Dwarf warriors start with 25 strength compared to the Draenei 24.
    Worgen do have 26. I know, it's just a gameplay attribute, but I can only work with that for now

However I wasn't implying that Dwarves are the best at everything, only that they cover all of the bases to be the best race in the Alliance
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I wish that we saw more about the politics inside and between the dwarven clans, especially since the reunification and real development on these politics and on their relations.

For example I really don't think that the Wildhammer Dwarves would have accepted the reunification and for Dagran to be heir over them without a political marriage between him and a Wildhammer thane daughter having been planned and sealed.

And there should also be a lot of dilemnas about the reintegration and fair representation of the dark irons and wildhammer at Ironforge Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    I wish that we saw more about the politics inside and between the dwarven clans, especially since the reunification and real development on these politics and on their relations.

For example I really don't think that the Wildhammer Dwarves would have accepted the reunification and for Dagran to be heir over them without a political marriage between him and a Wildhammer thane daughter having been planned and sealed.

And there should also be a lot of dilemnas about the reintegration and fair representation of the dark irons and wildhammer at Ironforge Senate.
    Alliance dont really get any attention in Retail, The devs are just too horde biased and they made horde racials op so they pretty much could kill off the Alliance.

3+ Year Old Account
    True, true boar are a significant part of the mountain fauna in wow.

Alright, here I found it. It was really not much, I just took the common druid form and drew a dwarf bear form on top of it. I was doing it when I was getting used to my tablet settings.

Beard bear. Give it some Wildhammer tats and feathers and I'm in
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2021-09-29 at 09:41 PM.

Beard bear. Give it some Wildhammer tats and feathers and I'm in
    Thanks. You're right, I could've put feathers, especially since druid bears have some armbands with decorations.

I also made an Orc bear, he had a pauldron and a skull

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    There is also the fact that humans are more disciplined and have a much longer history of organised battle formations to deal with more aggressive and less organised foes. During the First War Stormwind armies under Anduin Lothar's command managed to pose a formidable obstacle to the Horde despite the overwhelming numbers and physical advantage that orcs had over them with their better organisation and tactics.

- - - Updated - - -

Same for many of the Alliance's other weapons at their disposal such as many of the gnomes' best inventions and weapons, or many of the Night Elves' natural allies who weren't present during the War of Thorns but conveniently showed up only during the battle for Darkshore.

But I have already expressed my frank and blunt opinion about BFA story many times.

- - - Updated - - -

This reminds me of the orbital bombardment weapon and of the Arcane Nullifiers, and of the gnomes' material to deal with radiation and toxic gas that are never shown and used outside of Gnomeregan subplots.
    Gnomish ingenuity married to the dwarves industrial capacity should give the Alliance unassailable mastery of land, air and sea. Plus since the Cataclysm there have been friendly relations with the Dark Irons who aren't shy about infusing advanced technology with magic. Everyone in the Alliance should have their own magitech battlemech suit by now.

Gnomish ingenuity married to the dwarves industrial capacity should give the Alliance unassailable mastery of land, air and sea. Plus since the Cataclysm there have been friendly relations with the Dark Irons who aren't shy about infusing advanced technology with magic. Everyone in the Alliance should have their own magitech battlemech suit by now.
    Yeah, the Alliance really should look more like the Cygnar from Warmachine:

5+ Year Old Account
    Dwarves should get a lot more of spotlight, instead of being relegated to human/nelf funny sidekicks. They should also get a little more focus on their not so nice side, for example when they wiped out the Stonespire tribe in Vanilla, or when they exterminated the ice trolls at the beginning of Cata.

Oh, and stop pretending that the Dark Irons are suddenly good guys, which in turn would mean to not dismiss beforehand a story with a lot of potential such as the Dwarven civil war.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Speaking of Dark Irons, as well of Moira, the lack of distrust from the non-dwarven members of the Alliance toward them is disappointing, given their violent and dark history with not only their cousins but also with humans of Stormwind and the gnomes as well as their ties with Ragnaros and the Twilight Hammer and uses of dark magic, and generally backstabbing and scheming culture there should have been a lot more of wariness and prejudices toward the Dark Irons.

The fact that no Bronzebeard dwarf was seen plotting or rebelling against Moira during her short-lived tyranny over Ironforge is also something that bugs me, even with her being the legal heir of Magni I think that her being associated with the much hated and reviled Dark Irons and her being a woman with many dwarves surely having some sexism like Magni should have caused some of the Bronzebeard to say "Screw the rules and the succession" and to oppose her.

I imagined once a scenario where Muradin or a dwarven general like Stormpike was starting to gather the Bronzebeard armies outside of Ironforge to overthrow her, and that several senators and nobles were plotting behind Moira's back to remove her from power, with their plan being to capture her and then have the senate of Ironforge revote an old dwarven law preventing women from inheriting over men to legalize her being removed from the throne, just like how the french nobles adopted the Salic Law to prevent Edward III of England to become the king of France through him being the son of Isabella of France, the daughter of the late king Charles IV.

3+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. You're right, I could've put feathers, especially since druid bears have some armbands with decorations.

I also made an Orc bear, he had a pauldron and a skull
    Would you do Draenei bear? Would look....interesting

I was not sure it would look good on profile, but I could think about it. Can't get worse than trying to draw the goblin mechabear. Which is just an nightmare with all those parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Their only downside is that Blizzard has always focused on Humans and maybe elves, as such, Dwarves never had a shining moment.
    They are also usually used a comic relief, alongside gnomes. I mean, I don't mind having some funny drunken dwarves, but it should not be their only depiction. They have great potential to be badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Dwarves should get a lot more of spotlight, instead of being relegated to human/nelf funny sidekicks. They should also get a little more focus on their not so nice side, for example when they wiped out the Stonespire tribe in Vanilla, or when they exterminated the ice trolls at the beginning of Cata.

Oh, and stop pretending that the Dark Irons are suddenly good guys, which in turn would mean to not dismiss beforehand a story with a lot of potential such as the Dwarven civil war.
    Exactly this. They should be probably the most stable nation of the Alliance now, with night elves being genocided, humans being the main bulk of Alliance armies for years now, draenei being exhausted by Argus campaign and worgen with gnomes still not being able to reclaim their homes.

And you're right. Dark irons should maintain their shady reputation and not be embraced by the Light of Anduinism.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-09-30 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it horns, maybe tentacles behind ears.

Presto, draenei Druid forms done.