Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    pfffft hahahaha, they are making it so easy for the other mmos
    are they going to retcon the burning tree or the path of glory? why don't they remove pvp?
    hell, why haven't they removed in game chat yet?
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2021-09-30 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    As if that was the only thing.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/female-...ersions-324371

I guess Black Temple is next?

Bunch of medieval age wannabe cunts.
    They changed the concubine from a Brunette to a blonde.

Red head discrimination!

And this is what happens when you hire "children of the bean" to staff your game. They go around trying to ruin a game because it's "problematic", and is mainly played by straight males, which they do by making players as miserable and joyless as a CCP Social Credit System. Can't have those naughty sexual innuendos, sexy armor/attire, funny jokes/emotes, or other 3rd-grade humor in the game! That might offend the delicate sensibilities of the Developers toddler children or college students!

Because players can't be trusted to be adults, or individuals! Nope, instead they are all guilty for being evil, CIS-heteronormative, MAGA-worshipping, NAZI SCUM REEEEEEE! and therefore all need to be pre-censored to avoid us looking like "sexists" to our Twitter friends! That shows how much we care about getting rid of sexism, even though none of the shit we've removed is remotely sexist to anyone with a functioning braincell!

That "Wanton Hostess" to "Wonton Host" is pretty funny. I mean, did they not thin-, oh, of course not! It's like stereotypical Pandaren music is going to pop into my head whenever those are seen, now. Do they serve egg-rolls or fried rice, too?

Oh, and we couldn't make male versions of those elven ghosts (that we have male banshees in the game for anyway), nope! Now, both the males and females are "gender nonbinary" or whatever, so the trans employees don't kill themselves when they see female elf = female ghost!

Oh, and changing "concubine" to "paramour" is a deep and meaningful change! So many women have committed suicide because of the word "concubine"! Just like the word "bitch", that won't be tolerated in our tolerant and progressive Hegalian Utopia of peace and tolerance!
    Last edited by Darth Vowrawn; 2021-09-30 at 04:54 AM.

HAS to be satire at this point. People all over the political spectrum rolling their eyes at the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Yeah I half blame Asmogold for the spit on the people with lizards campaign for the emote removal

Also the rating can't go down. To E10 for the simple fact of the subscription fee...ESRB I don't think has ever retroactively lowered a rating ever
    normally, i would agree with you. but this ridiculous move just shows spit would've been removed anyways. if /pizza and /doom are getting removed, literally nothing is safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    i consider myself a leftist when it comes to politics but oh boy, in good old murrica you boys are in a completely different level. i would definitely vote rep if i was a resident.

just sayin'
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    normally, i would agree with you. but this ridiculous move just shows spit would've been removed anyways. if /pizza and /doom are getting removed, literally nothing is safe.
    What was wrong with /pizza?! Seriously! Like, what does that even do? Does it offend worthless vegans, or something?

And /Doom... in a game about genocide, war, hatemongering, insanity, Eldritch Horrors, greed, murder, slavery, and so on... Just, I have no words on how retarded they are.

Frankly, I miss the dudebro culture. At least they didn't take a steaming shit on the game every five seconds and patronize to the players about being "caring" and "tolerant" individuals. They did plenty of patronizing, but no one cared because they were assholes and no one bought it.

These new censorship-hungry puritanical Marcusian cultists, though? Their patronizing comes off as revolting, because it assumes that everyone is too stupid to be classed with intelligent adult humans, it is to be grouped with animals and infants.
    Last edited by Darth Vowrawn; 2021-09-30 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I sorta blame the people who decided to spam emotes at other players for making choices of their own.
    It's Asmongold's fault too for bullying people who had the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    It's Asmongold's fault too for bullying people who had the mount.
    It's also Blizzard's fault for punishing everyone except Asmongold and his cult for their retarded antics. They should have just permabanned his ass for whipping up an army of harassing dipshits in the first place. But now, everyone ELSE has to pay for that moron? I hate streamers. But companies staffed by morons that pee on their customers are worse.

FF14:

WoW:

• FF14: Keeps adding sexy/naughty/suggestive content
    • WoW: Keeps removing sexy/naughty/suggestive content, covers women up, or replaces them with fruit.

ONE THIRD of FF14's playerbase are women.

Figure out why, Blizz.
    Last edited by thottstation; 2021-09-30 at 12:21 PM.

the grasping at straws has become terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    It's also Blizzard's fault for punishing everyone except Asmongold and his cult for their retarded antics. They should have just permabanned his ass for whipping up an army of harassing dipshits in the first place. But now, everyone ELSE has to pay for that moron? I hate streamers. But companies staffed by morons that pee on their customers are worse.
    Its targeted harrassment so it should have been a 3+ month ban but Blizzard would never do something to that level because Asmon brings in the views ad thats the only reason why Wow is at the top instead of being relegated to the 4th tab. Not to mention the amount of revenue as well an we all know how greedy that company is..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Only kick, stink, shake, and moan have actually been removed. The others have been altered so that they don't change when targeting other players: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...tes/1082616/17
    Can't expect them to read when it's easier just to hate!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post

Figure out why, Blizz.
    Why do you need half naked women for a game to be good? Can't get your rocks off to plate bikini clad characters anymore so you need characters basically walking around in lingerie?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Why do you need half naked women for a game to be good? Can't get your rocks off to plate bikini clad characters anymore so you need characters basically walking around in lingerie?
    no you see they covered up Sylvanas' belly button so they might as well stick her in a Burqa.

I totally love TBCC but every single change like that makes me one small closer to quit and return to private servers.
    Especially when they push iditic ideas like this and some bosses become unkillable (Vashj) but of course their shitty agenda PR is more important that players being happy.

They really have to think what to do with BT harem part.
    Oh man what a clown fiesta company.

Why not just add a way to block all emotes from other players / non friend listed / non guild member.
    Even have it default on and allow you to toggle it similar to chat functions on a parental lock.

Soon all player consumble alcohol will be removed because it 'sets unrealistic standards over serious real life matters'

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    The main issue is more about preference and choice being stifled or removed, not necessarily the choices themselves.

Everyone has their own tastes, and being able to customize towards your tastes can be a good thing. While the stereotype is that all men just want to stare at naked women to get themselves off while playing a game, the reality is that's probably an extreme minority case. Sure, men tend to like looking at women who conform to what they deem attractive... but women can enjoy that, too. Some men prefer to play as male characters, but women can have this exact same preference. Some like the skimpy outfits, some prefer other forms of fashion. Some men like super model proportions, some like normal proportions, some like more robust or unorthodox proportions; women have similar taste variations concerning men. If anything, removing choices from the game as being problematic for <insert social/polical reasons> just insults and offends people who make those choices in good faith and without bad intentions.

Ultimately, the real tragedy is that many of these changes are not only made in bad faith, but also the wrong way to go about things if their actual concern was about stereotyping and problematic referencing. In fact, I'd say it's making the player perception of the situation even worse. The best option would be to expand options, not limit/remove them. Instead of deeming things problematic, offer choice in their place. Akin to the mute or profanity filter options, you could have a maturity toggle if you're concerned about emotes or pictures or visuals in the game. When it comes to skimpy transmog, expanding selection and options is a way better choice by offering both skimpy and regular options to both male and female characters. Yes, it's more work, but it's still a better option in the long run.

Again, I have zero belief that these changes are being made in good faith... else those in charge have really warped, stereotyped views of their own. Maybe both.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2021-09-30 at 06:38 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    FF14:

WoW:

• FF14: Keeps adding sexy/naughty/suggestive content
    • WoW: Keeps removing sexy/naughty/suggestive content, covers women up, or replaces them with fruit.

Figure out why, Blizz.
    Am not gonna lie. I kind of want a playable fruit race now. They look super cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    Let's remove chat all together - can't hurt anyone's feelings if you can't communicate at all. Keep it plain and simple with only jumping and curated PG emotes
    No game is harassment-free as long as you can teabag your opponent's corpse

Classic American hypocrisy at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    And this is what happens when you hire "children of the bean" to staff your game. They go around trying to ruin a game because it's "problematic", and is mainly played by straight males, which they do by making players as miserable and joyless as a CCP Social Credit System. Can't have those naughty sexual innuendos, sexy armor/attire, funny jokes/emotes, or other 3rd-grade humor in the game! That might offend the delicate sensibilities of the Developers toddler children or college students!

Because players can't be trusted to be adults, or individuals! Nope, instead they are all guilty for being evil, CIS-heteronormative, MAGA-worshipping, NAZI SCUM REEEEEEE! and therefore all need to be pre-censored to avoid us looking like "sexists" to our Twitter friends! That shows how much we care about getting rid of sexism, even though none of the shit we've removed is remotely sexist to anyone with a functioning braincell!

That "Wanton Hostess" to "Wonton Host" is pretty funny. I mean, did they not thin-, oh, of course not! It's like stereotypical Pandaren music is going to pop into my head whenever those are seen, now. Do they serve egg-rolls or fried rice, too?

Oh, and we couldn't make male versions of those elven ghosts (that we have male banshees in the game for anyway), nope! Now, both the males and females are "gender nonbinary" or whatever, so the trans employees don't kill themselves when they see female elf = female ghost!

Oh, and changing "concubine" to "paramour" is a deep and meaningful change! So many women have committed suicide because of the word "concubine"! Just like the word "bitch", that won't be tolerated in our tolerant and progressive Hegalian Utopia of peace and tolerance!
    Good post.