Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I am a person who struggles immensely with performance stress which has led me to seeing a therapist the past couple months and I will judge because this literally feels like a mockery to serious issues. How is someone allowed to take a day off to recover from being called a troll in general chat in a video game?
    Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but I don't wanna leap in onto peoples mental state, you don't know what they are going through and its none of our business. As much as I have an issue with the emotes being removed (because its stupid), its wrong to single out people and attack devs like this. Blame the decision to remove the emotes, don't attack people on a personal level.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Why would this be the woman's fault? It wouldn't. She would find work with another individual that shares the same views. Quit trying to blame attire or lack of it. Quit feeding lies of oppression. If a toddler was assaulted would you really have the audacity to blame it on attire? Is this a real thing people are trying to insinuate? What does it matter the age? Toddler, child, pre-teen, teenager, Adult. No one deserves that behavior period and it has absolutely nothing to do with attire. Don't ever justify this behavior.

"Well the media has propagated all this sexualization overtime and it is the media to blame. So we should censor right?" What about history? When media didn't even exist. It was extremely prevalent and everyone knows that. Are you really going to blame attire back then to? (Because there sure wasn't current attire we have created and worn in a more evolved society) I refuse to believe in oppressive lies and I support individuals being able to express themselves however they want.

Speaking of the media. They have finally come to the realization the past couple of years to not victim shame/blame. To stop protecting the predator. Oh and that attire has nothing to do with it. Also they shouldn't try and degrade a victim under any circumstances. Please have the nerve to tell a real victim that it was their fault. Yet Blizzard fails to acknowledge all the movements (women wanting to express themselves freely worldwide) and news (people getting fired because they were trying to degrade/demoralize/harass women over attire) that has happened worldwide. Instead they decide to push an oppressive lie and destroy creative expression.

It never was this. That was the point of my first post in my thread with statistics.
    You literally didn't read the entirety of what I said. I said that most women who cosplay choose the more revealing outfits because sex sells. Could they eventually find someone that wants to work with them no matter the cosplay? Sure but uts much much harder. Not sure why you went on about victim blaming because I didn't insinuate anything that would garner that response. I also said absolutely nothing about censoring either. Try reading everything I say instead up jumping down my throat with baseless accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but I don't wanna leap in onto peoples mental state, you don't know what they are going through and its none of our business. As much as I have an issue with the emotes being removed (because its stupid), its wrong to single out people and attack devs like this. Blame the decision to remove the emotes, don't attack people on a personal level.
    Yes but its also up to you to know what you can handle and what not and do something about it. For example I am advised to not drink coffee because caffeine does not help with stress. If I ignore my therapists advice and drink coffee and feel stressed all the time then it is my fault that I am feeling like this and I know it so I cannot blame other people or even more absurdly, the coffee itself for making me stressed.
    Likewise if a person is at a mental state where being called a troll in general chat makes them need to take a day off work to recover from "this mental trauma" then I m pretty sure its their own fault for actively engaging and playing an online game and they should be aware of this instead of publicly announcing their stunning and brave decision. You cannot help how you feel about something but as a working adult I assume you have the capacity to realize that a lot of things an individual is feeling do not apply to the average person and therefore the average person should not be punished or brought to shame for unknowingly triggering the emotions of an outlier.
    Last edited by Delever; 2021-09-30 at 12:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing any negative connotation within the game makes this look like some parody of itself. I literally joked about this happening a few months back and Blizzard did it, they literally did it lol... I should have done the lottery that day xD

As I said in the news update. Fear not I am sure Blizzard will get to banning these ones too

/moon
    /poke
    /punch
    /insult
    /point
    /yawn
    /cough
    /cringe
    /groan
    /laugh
    /mock
    /point
    /rofl
    /slap
    /snicker
    /snub
    /stare
    /taunt
    /stink
    /threaten

Does anyone think removing an emote is gonna stop people? what you gonna do when people find replacements, you gonna remove all the emotes. What if people start using toys, gonna remove the toys? Blizzard thinks removing stuff is the answer to solving a problem.
    Just to note... they will remove that thumbs down/owned toy that you can put on peoples' corpses soon.

You wanna know what's really toxic, trade chat... general chat... just all of chat./ Here' an idea lets cut out the middle man just remove chat. Make it a silent game with no emotes.

trades can be made through a trade finder feature. where transactions and offers are silently made. The onyl time you can chat is when you are in a guild :P

Yes but its also up to you to know what you can handle and what not and do something about it. For example I am advised to not drink coffee because caffeine does not help with stress. If I ignore my therapists advice and drink coffee and feel stressed all the time then it is my fault that I am feeling like this and I know it so I cannot blame other people or even more absurdly, the coffee itself for making me stressed.
    Likewise if a person is at a mental state where being called a troll in general chat makes them need to take a day off work to recover from "this mental trauma" then I m pretty sure its their own fault for actively engaging and playing an online game and they should be aware of this instead of publicly announcing their stunning and brave decision. You cannot help how you feel about something but as a working adult I assume you have the capacity to realize that a lot of things an individual is feeling do not apply to the average person and therefore the average person should not be punished or brought to shame for unknowingly triggering the emotions of an outlier.
    I aint gonna get into this debate cos its a bit blurred. But you do you I guess. Me or you both cannot speak for other people mental state and how it affects them. We should be better than that, for all we know getting called a troll was probably the last in a long line of things she was told that finally made the rope snap. I know I have had those days, where over time you are worn down so much and someone says the tiniest little hint of something to you and you be like 'fuck you I am done'.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-09-30 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Actually believeable when you got people in Blizz that take days off because they were called trolls in chat.

This is a goldmine. "Senior test analyst" yeah shit that explains a lot. "Meme queen" yeah maybe you could stop memeing your job and start doing what you are paid to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not so much the effect but the reason and what this entails for the future of the game and to a greater extent narrative choices. They ve been making nonsensical changes back to back and a lot of them are so beyond over the top that its becoming hard to distinguish parody from reality.
    While these seem harmless in the current context you have to think that the future of the game and its narrative is now restricted around these "new" values which involve absurd puritanism and censorship. This will ultimately lead to a soulless product with no flavor.
    I do agree with you, but do you think WoW has a soul now? Been soulless for a few expansions now.

Removing any negative connotation within the game makes this look like some parody of itself. I literally joked about this happening a few months back and Blizzard did it, they literally did it lol... I should have done the lottery that day xD

Just to note... they will remove that thumbs down/owned toy that you can put on peoples' corpses soon.

You wanna know what's really toxic, trade chat... general chat... just all of chat./ Here' an idea lets cut out the middle man just remove chat. Make it a silent game with no emotes.

I aint gonna get into this debate cos its a bit blurred. But you do you I guess. Me or you both cannot speak for other people mental state and how it affects them. We should be better than that, for all we know getting called a troll was probably the last in a long line of things she was told that finally made the rope snap. I know I have had those days, where over time you are worn down so much and someone says the tiniest little hint of something to you and you be like 'fuck you I am done'.
    Ok but again whether we like it or not we are outliers in this. If you have 100000 people that can drink beer and 1 person that cannot drink it do you encourage that person to drink beer despite the consequences or do you give them orange juice? And if the person chooses to drink beer instead fully knowing the possible consequences whos fault is it?
    Likewise, a person who is mentally affected by online comments from anonymous orc avatars and orange text from randoms across the globe actively chooses to play a game where you anonymously interact with people whereas 100000 other people who are not affected by these made the decision to play it because they could handle it. I cannot sympathize with people that actively put themselves in positions and environments that they are not suited for and then complain when this is confirmed. All I see in her post is attention seeking.
    I have these days too. In fact more often than I would like. But I try to work on it and part of it is trying to see what I can and what I cannot handle and actively trying to distance myself from things that create overwhelming amounts of stress for me. If being in an online game environment affected my mental health I would honestly just play a single player game because this is an issue that is not difficult to solve unlike other more complicated issues that people with mental issues cannot avoid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I do agree with you, but do you think WoW has a soul now? Been soulless for a few expansions now.
    I completely agree and it is largely why I stopped playing again half way into Nathria mythic. The game is soulless and doesnt even feel like an MMORPG anymore. However, since this is developing into a cultural thing for the West, blizzards decision could very well influence decisions made by other companies in how they handle their games in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's try to keep this admittedly volatile topic on track. Drop the tangent discussions about mental health issues, gender identity, and real-world politics and focus on the PTR changes concerning player emotes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The thing I'm wondering is, who ever asked for any of these changes ? Who wanted there to be male ghosts next to female ones in karazhan, who wanted emotes removed from the game because "Oh a person online made an emote towards me, now my mental health is deteriorating!" ??

Removing those emotes works against making WoW a bigger and better MMO, instead of trying to better themselves and their game so their players come back from FFIV they are shooting themselves in the knee with stupid decisions like these.

I've been a huge fan of Blizzard games for well over 20 years, but I think I will soon be done with them. The SJW culture is disgusting, and just because you have fratboy horny employees who can't control themselves in the workplace doesn't mean that most of your players act like that as well.

The picture of this Jessica woman that someone linked in a previous comment is fucking sad. Imagine being so spineless, so weak mentally and so entitled that another person calling you a troll makes you take a day off. I would fire that bitch the instant she came to me with that complaint, are you fucking serious ???

I already only raid log twice a week, but soon I believe that might be reduced to 0. But hey, we got a gender neutral wraith!

Fucking. Sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    As if that was the only thing.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/female-...ersions-324371

I guess Black Temple is next?

Bunch of medieval age wannabe cunts.
    I'll be honest I thought there was always men there... or maybe that was at Black Temple... wait is there male concubines at the Black Temple... now I am second guessing lol.. But honestly this is fine. I am more pissed with the removals and changes... this is just adding :P

snip
    Pronouns in bio = immediate ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Toxic streams getting fans to mass use emotes to harass people and then a in-house harassment scandal, what did people think would happen?
    Yes, modifying the burp and fart emotes was always going to be the obvious consequence of workplace sexual harassment allegations.

Oh, pardon me for not reading all 8 pages to see if there were any moderator messages inside.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-09-30 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    For the first time in my life, I actually feel like WoW is dying. Both in spirit and in the number of fucks the remaining people give.
    It honestly feels that way, man. In fact, I honestly think this whole thing is going to end with "Blizzard" being dismantled, and probably reformed into a couple of different teams.

It's so weird, because a lot of the juvenile humor being removed was a STAPLE of Blizzard, but with everything being whitewashed away, it feels like there's not going to be anything left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    It honestly feels that way, man. In fact, I honestly think this whole thing is going to end with "Blizzard" being dismantled, and probably reformed into a couple of different teams.

It's so weird, because a lot of the juvenile humor being removed was a STAPLE of Blizzard, but with everything being whitewashed away, it feels like there's not going to be anything left.
    WoW wont die... its making too much money still. But I can see it going into maintenance mode one day. Lets not forget WoW is 16+ years old, the game isnt as big as it was and Blizzard are forcing more stuff into the shop to make up for player loss. I am very interested to see what happens after this expansion as an outsider no longer playing.

Twitter gamer girl funny haircut taking day off for mental care due to getting called troll in a video game.

How mankind is still there is a mistery

WoW wont die... its making too much money still. But I can see it going into maintenance mode one day. Lets not forget WoW is 16+ years old, the game isnt as big as it was and Blizzard are forcing more stuff into the shop to make up for player loss. I am very interested to see what happens after this expansion as an outsider no longer playing.
    Well I am not so sure about this. If the current witch hunt at Blizzard HQ is going on as described and - as seen from EULA changes - expand to the game it will be hard. If calling out misbehaviour of Blizzard employees (as player) is counted as toxic behaviour and can lead to an account ban ... well. Basically you are hunting your own player base because some snow flakes at HQ are having melt downs over nothing.
    No idea how the removed emotes solve anything - or who even came up with that idea. Sounds rather like there was a meeting and the worst idea was taken - as it is cheap, fast and solves nothing. But then again thats legal activism at is best. Do something but solve nothing.

Blizzard should consider moving their development to Asia. Would solve 99% of the games being crap and sexual harassment in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Can't expect them to read when it's easier just to hate!

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you need half naked women for a game to be good? Can't get your rocks off to plate bikini clad characters anymore so you need characters basically walking around in lingerie?
    As a woman I enjoy playing an attractive female, I enjoy the fantasy of looking stunning while also being able to kick ass. I also enjoy males in suggestive outfits because they look supremely confident, imagine someone showing up to war in a pair of pants and a sword, bare chested, and with the confidence and skill to not need anything more, how cool and attractive is that?

True, although "maintenance mode" is still effectively "the end" of an MMO. Actually going offline is surprisingly rare, although clearly it does happen.

I honestly wonder what Blizzard is even working on anymore. I wonder if we'll even SEE a 9.3 patch, or if they go with a hail mary and try to rush out the next expansion. At this point, I honestly wonder if they'd be better off having Zovaal "destroy the universe", have some plot-point about "changing the past", and then have "Wrath Classic" become the central focus again, but with some differences in the story, and just treating it as a new continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Several emotes such as fart, burp, cough, pounce, kick, punch, moon, rear, drool, stink, whistle, moan, and more have been removed. Why was this necessary no one had a problem with emotes. The problem was the employees at Blizzard. Does the company not get that??

Even /pizza and /doom have been removed.

What's next? The rating changed from T to E10? That looks like the direction we're going.
    Damn, how will i get Queen Aszhara to notice me now?

Also do they know how sarcasm works? Taking these options away will just lead to a lot of acerbically sarcastic loving and hugging.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Please god, don't let them change the male dwarf dance, so I can still make it look like I'm tea bagging my idiot guildies corpse before ressing them.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone needs to sound clip all the flirts in case they delete them. -I know I'm supposed to be an adult but I still giggle at juvenile humour.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Pronouns in bio = immediate ignore.

Yes, modifying the burp and fart emotes was always going to be the obvious consequence of workplace sexual harassment allegations.

Oh, pardon me for not reading all 8 pages to see if there were any moderator messages inside.
    It’s the obvious consequence of steamers getting there fans to mass harass people with emotes and then a spot light being put on harassment.

If it wasn’t for said streamers they likely wouldn’t have changed any emotes.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.