10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Blue Smurf View Post
    It's OWNED by Amazon, yes - the same way LucasArts was owned by Disney. That does not mean they have the full resources of it's ~$2 trillion dollar master to play with.
    Except they actually do.

It's not some indie little good guys gig. It's a division of Amazon, they have the $$, hence all the canceled and scrapped shit - they have no issue with $$ to the point they can outright cancel stuff right and left with little to no actual repercussions, simply because the big guy picks the tab.

They have insane amount of resources, comparing it to your stock "relatively small and brand new developer" is hilarious. They are neither small nor brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Well....give it a week till people get used to things and come up with guides and the BiS culture sinks in.
    Right now you probably don't really have that but BiS and the hurry up stuff is just what people make themselves.
    Theres guides everywhere about how to min/max stuff in New World. Its been out a while already. So if you want, you can "gogogogo" the whole game already.

Not sure what’s going on, but even Rich Campbell has stopped streaming New World and moved back to FF14. Maybe New World isn’t as great as I thought? Preach also did another day in FF14. Limit-Max was also in WoW yesterday; huge bummer.

Was hoping New World would be the change in the MMO genre I’ve been looking for, but I guess not.

Why are people already abandoning New World? I’m having a blast in it…

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    The straight cope to talk about New World launch when every other mmo that launches, even if you can get into the game, the servers are crap and lagging, everything is buggy, you cant do anything etc...

The only bad thing on this game are queues. But when you consider that a server is max 2000 people, assholes getting into 50k queue are fooling themselves about ever playing there.

The game had a near perfect launch and runs flawlessly, not even for an mmo, just for a game. If you have an issue with the game launch the issue is between your chair and your keyboard, it has nothing to do with the game. Go cope some place else.
    so having ALOT of people sitting in queue for hours is not a issue? ofc servers run flawlessly when they limit people on each server. If they let in few people, ofc it wont be a issue in-game. Everyone knew ALOT of people would be playing this game at launch, but amazon was clearly not ready for it at all. We all know that playing a MMORPG at launch is very cool and special for the first week(s).

Its NOT ok when im on the third day is being hit with a 700+ queue before 15:00. I logged now to just check it and logged of again, since I cant play until later tonight at around 19:00. Meaning, if I want to have a chance of even playing 2-3 hours, I gotta log in at 17:00 the latest and hope for the best. MAYBE im in 2-3 hours later. Unless I get hit with a DC and kicked off the queue.

Its just really bad.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2021-09-30 at 01:02 PM.

The amount of shilling for Amazon here is hilarious, I have to admit. We're reaching the Star Citizen levels of shilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Veya30 View Post
    Not sure what’s going on, but even Rich Campbell has stopped streaming New World and moved back to FF14. Maybe New World isn’t as great as I thought? Preach also did another day in FF14. Limit-Max was also in WoW yesterday; huge bummer.

Was hoping New World would be the change in the MMO genre I’ve been looking for, but I guess not.

Maybe because they were paid to play New World the first day and realized the game wasn't worth it or they don't like it.

Rich has a big interview coming up with some FF14 developer(dont know who, I dont play the game or follow it alot). Also - You might have to play the game at weird hours to avoid queues. Rich also grew his followers/viewers alot when he moved from wow to FF14 and he clearly likes the game.

Dunno why preach aint playing NW. maybe its just aint his sort of game.

Anyway. NW aint going anywhere so they can pick it up at a later stage anyway.

Why are other people influencing your perspective of the game so much? Literally streaming has nothing to do with how successful a game is. They might want to finish things in other games because these people have built core audiences around these games? If you enjoy new world just play new world.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    so having ALOT of people sitting in queue for hours is not a issue? ofc servers run flawlessly when they limit people on each server. If they let in few people, ofc it wont be a issue in-game.

Its NOT ok when im on the third day is being hit with a 700+ queue before 15:00.

Its just really bad.
    Find a server without a ridiculous queue. Even at prime time my server is only around 300 queue and takes my friends 15mins to get in.
    I've heard AGS even has free character moves for the first 2 weeks or so, if you start on one server and your friends on another, after everything calms down a bit, you all can combine into one server if you'd like.

I'm on Emain Albach if you want to come on down, although if you are an edge lord purple or try hard green I will crusade on your ass.

Aside from 'they were sponsored to play it and don't actually care' there is also the issue that they are streamers. They can't sit in queue for 5 hours as part of their stream. From a business perspective they are better of playing any game compared to sitting in queue for NW.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Outside the odd question to research, example is there a mini map? I've always hated when you find out something much later and you're like, so all this time i could have... Best example of this was swg at launch, going to Fort Tusken was on foot which was an epic journey i'll never forget, very far to travel from Mos Eisley, sure we could wait half an hour for a shuttle to Mos Espa which is much closer but even still that's far from the fort, but meh let's backpack it, there were no mounts, gargantuan worlds, so auto run ofc, i find out weeks later talking about the game he mentioned how it's such a pain to hold down the w key lmao doh moment. He's like there's an Auto Run? lol Gawd mmorpg's used to be so superior.

Btw devs, please do not include a mini map this is so much better for immersion.

Anyway what I've realized is I'm not researching builds, bis, nothing, which is so AWESOME!!! It is so enjoyable to just mess around trying different builds, i love it, think for yourself, i've been mainly going on feel, as in what clicks with me personally with this game. I mean in wow you look you're build up and make it happen, when you're a high end raider you have to do this but i did when i solo'd too, and I've been doing this with all the mmo's i've played at one time, even eso where it really doesn't matter.

Here though the world is so immersive, so enjoyable that trying different builds is fun, change to this wep, go kill some mobs, you know, i'm just taking my time. I know zero reason to burn hard on a brand new ip, brand new mmorpg. When i first started i was all S&B + Bow, the bow is done well with how it works, same with the musket, aim, zoom in, POW!!, bow aim, zoom, draw, release, i admit i was surprised with the detail, care and options put into all the weapons, now i'm still S&B but now + Hatchet, this is working well for me atm, feels right, feels good af, and i don't give a rats ass what the internet reads as best, i thought S&B/Bow was going to be my jam, i'm probably going to stick with S&B + H, even the Hatchet options, want some range tagging np, Gawd i love this mmorpg.

And now the map is changing, Muahahaha, you can feel how good this game is going to become.

The queue though ugggg amirite, being around mmorpg's i'm totally patient with a queue as once all the tourists leave and we are down to core players, i'd rather not endure any type of merges due to launch rush band-aid solutions.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Aside from 'they were sponsored to play it and don't actually care' there is also the issue that they are streamers. They can't sit in queue for 5 hours as part of their stream. From a business perspective they are better of playing any game compared to sitting in queue for NW.
    I thought sponsored streamers were given Queue priority. I.e., skip to the front of the queue. Seems a bit odd to sponsor streamers to sit in the queue window..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This might be the fastest I've ever seen the hype around an MMO die, and I was pretty hyped for WildStar at the time. The game looked fantastic during the beta, influencers hyped it up, and then they abandoned it at release. That doesn't mean it's a bad game by the way, not at all. They did the same thing for FFXIV, they do it for every WoW expansion, they do it for a lot of MMOs. If you're having fun that's more important than what your favorite streamer is doing btw.

That said I wonder if Towelliee is still planning on getting a New World tat.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    This might be the fastest I've ever seen the hype around an MMO die, and I was pretty hyped for WildStar at the time. The game looked fantastic during the beta, influencers hyped it up, and then they abandoned it at release. That doesn't mean it's a bad game by the way, not at all. They did the same thing for FFXIV, they do it for every WoW expansion, they do it for a lot of MMOs. If you're having fun that's more important than what your favorite streamer is doing btw.

It’s odd; I figured Amazon would pay them to only play New World for a few months. Seeing some top streamers already going back to FF14 is not a good image…

Isn't that every single MMO release? So many people think they can again get this feeling of logging into one for the first time, with the sense of scale and wonder the genre is good at, and hype themselves the fuck up in anticipation of that hit. Until they actually log in and it's still an MMO, AKA a grind-a-thon choke full of bugs, especially at launch.

To say nothing of influencers only being really interested in this thing, or anything, so long as it brings in views. Which sitting in queue probably doesn't unless you're Asmongold because his fans would watch him watch paint dry for some reason.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Btw devs, please do not include a mini map this is so much better for immersion.
    How is the lack of a mini-map more immersive? The map is still there and it still tells you all the same info a mini-map does only now you have to keep hitting the M key every 30 seconds to check your location.

This might be the fastest I've ever seen the hype around an MMO die....
    Please tell my 2000+ queue that lol. As far as streamers going back to ffxiv is not surprising, ffxiv is the new mmorpg king, literally blew wow out of the water, it's the largest audience. They will stream for what makes them the most $$$ it's not as if they have a choice.

New World is not going to be for everyone, for me it's hitting so many check marks, i'm beside myself impressed with this gem. A real mmorpg for mmorpg players.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Please tell my 2000+ queue that lol. As far as streamers going back to ffxiv is not surprising, ffxiv is the new mmorpg king, literally blew wow out of the water, it's the largest audience. They will stream for what makes them the most $$$ it's not as if they have a choice.

New World is not going to be for everyone, for me it's hitting so many check marks, i'm beside myself impressed with this gem. A real mmorpg for mmorpg players.
    Maybe when the queue issue is resolved they’ll get Preach and Rich back full time. Those two can turn it around for New World.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to leave this here as this is not yet common knowledge, when in queue and you get the too many connections error.

Press okay and wait, do not press play again and within a few minutes you will be automatically restored to your position in the queue.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Has anyone here some experience with playing in a different region than your own? How's the latency, and how much of an issue is it for the more action-based combat?

Quite a few of my friends started, but they're all in EU, while I live in the US. Now I'm thinking of joining. But I probably wouldn't enjoy it if it's too bad or too difficult to hit anything due to a high latency with this combat system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    Has anyone here some experience with playing in a different region than your own? How's the latency, and how much of an issue is it for the more action-based combat?

Quite a few of my friends started, but they're all in EU, while I live in the US. Now I'm thinking of joining. But I probably wouldn't enjoy it if it's too bad or too difficult to hit anything due to a high latency with this combat system.
    I would not do it, you can see the latency counter when selecting a server. I have seen streamers at 120-160ms the delay is rather bad and that was not even in the 50 vs 50 which would probably put you over 200ms.

You can try it out to know for certain but in a more action based game it would hinder your ability to respond correctly in several game modes, not to mention people would also annoy you be being able to tag a mob to skin or a node to mine etc faster than you.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins