Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    To quite the late great Terry Pratchett

“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”

Id say putting in a bunch of jokes at the expensive of woman while also having a work culture where sexual harassment is prevalent falls into his quote.
    I dunno, maybe they should stop harrasing female workers then?

There is a popular saying Blizzard. Get woke go broke! Just saying.

World of Warcraft is meant to evolve over time, and every day, new players from every walk of life and every corner of the world experience our in-game content for the very first time. As a team, we want the world they see to stand as an expression of our talents and principles.
    Changing a portrait of a female character that shows cleavage into one that doesn't isn't exactly representing people from all walks of life now is it? Or completely changing it to a portrait with fruits. There were plenty portraits with female characters that weren't wearing anything like that so it should've been left alone.

We also want players to be able to express themselves through their characters, so we don’t intend to change existing player looks or cosmetics. Instead, we want to ensure that we're offering a wide range of options for players to represent themselves. This work is ongoing alongside our development of new content and features.
    I sincerely doubt that they are doing this considering the above quote. It's just hypocrisy. Do you remember Robes of Creation?

I bet they ain't ever gonna add something like this again.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    So they're choosing to retcon story in a fictional universe (incubi) to fit an all-inclusive narrative in the real world? Granted, inclusivity and such is a noble goal to strive for in real life, but do we need to make all our fantasy and fiction stories mimic reality?

Next they will be retconning the entirety of Dragon reproductive process lore because they have consorts not mates and somehow consort is now offensive.
    Literally none of the story is being retconned they are already cannon just not in game, to quote the wowiki.

Aegwynn and Khadgar once encountered a demon who mentioned incubi as part of the Legion.[14] When dealing with succubi, Levia Laurence stated that in all of the Kirin Tor's research into succubi and other sayaad, they have come to one conclusion - they are not to be trusted.[15]
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Sayaad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I dunno, maybe they should stop harrasing female workers then?
    They absolutely should but there’s no reason they can’t do that and remove old punching down jokes.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I wish Blizzard would/could understand that taking agency and sexuality away from females does not solve their issues.

the problems with wow and blizzard are not in the game files, and acting like they are making strides to fix their problems by changing paintings of women into baskets of fruit is just a terrible joke.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and at the same time the more popular mmorpg has 0 problem with totaly oversexualised content in game - hell big boobied catgirls are one of selling points of it.

while wow is introducing sharia law in wow .

amazing direction you peopel take this game !
    Ya this totally fits Sharia Law!

Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-09-30 at 06:19 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    So they're choosing to retcon story in a fictional universe (incubi)
    It takes like 2 seconds to look up Sayaad lore on wowpedia
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Sayaad

Incubi exist in lore, there just isn't a model to use.
    So there aren't any in-game.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ya this totally fits Sharia Law!

Damn it, sexy incubi...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

All these posts about minor content changes, but what about the harassment of employees? Has that ceased yet or not? If not, when?

Holy shit after only two decades we're finally going to gett incubi? It only took a sexual harassment scandal to get them, which is oddly kind of ironic considering the lore of succubi and incubi....

I'm genuinely relieved to hear that they don't plan on touching old sets but I hope they meant it when they say that they plan to include a variety of options. More slutmogs on males and females please, and have the existing female models also equippable by males and vice versa. There are already orc NPCs that wear "female" variants of some bikini armor, so it's not like this is a particularly hard thing for them to do, and it even fits the aesthetic of the game well considering how many dudes run around shirtless in loincloths in this game.

I still think the whole campaign of censoring revealing paintings is hugely misplaced and they'd be better off maybe trying to rethink the litany of quests that use "male elves are feminine" as the butt of a joke, which are genuinely kind of insulting to gay dudes.

Honestly it's hilarious to see the pretzel logic of "this is basically sharia law" and "the gay agenda" trying to coexist in any sort of rational manner my lord XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    I wish Blizzard would/could understand that taking agency and sexuality away from females does not solve their issues.
    Question, where has this happened?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing they hid cleavage and midriffs, now how about paying their below management employees a fair wage and getting rid of crunch culture? *crickets*

Way more women play FF14 than wow, and that game has transmog that makes the sluttiest transmog in wow look like a burka (and plenty of actual real life girls wear them on their character).

And, still... all of this stuff going on and there's no actual new CONTENT in the next patch. Ugh.

How about making the game actually fun? Couldn't care less about "offensive content".

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Holy shit after only two decades we're finally going to gett incubi? It only took a sexual harassment scandal to get them, which is oddly kind of ironic considering the lore of succubi and incubi....

I'm genuinely relieved to hear that they don't plan on touching old sets but I hope they meant it when they say that they plan to include a variety of options. More slutmogs on males and females please, and have the existing female models also equippable by males and vice versa. There are already orc NPCs that wear "female" variants of some bikini armor, so it's not like this is a particularly hard thing for them to do, and it even fits the aesthetic of the game well considering how many dudes run around shirtless in loincloths in this game.

I still think the whole campaign of censoring revealing paintings is hugely misplaced and they'd be better off maybe trying to rethink the litany of quests that use "male elves are feminine" as the butt of a joke, which are genuinely kind of insulting to gay dudes.
    Basically this. Like some of the changes are just silly, telltale signs of being faced with an issue that's real, and not knowing exactly how to respond. The problem with innuendo within WoW is that it always leaned to one type of humor catering to a section of the audience, and no matter how many people cry and whine that it wasn't so, for a lot of players it always felt like being left out of the joke.

The problem, isn't with sexy and raunchy jokes, there's a reason why Bayonetta is one of the best characters of all time, the problem with innuendo in WoW is that it really never went beyond skimpy ladies hot, dick jokes and belves are gay.

PR moves bullshit.
    The only real problem is the bullying culture they seemingly had inside, and replacing a demon model with another is completely pointless and unrelated. It's the definition of virtue signaling.

cant wait when people realise that spaming "anal" joke in /1 will get them banned in wow soon

There's an irony in all of this. Blizzard will fly the pride flag left, right, and center - which is an inherent statement about accepting all forms of sexuality, but then turn around and remove anything in their game that is the physical manifestation of said sexuality.

Not to mention all the subtle narrative uses for things like that as well. But, no one has accused Blizzard of being competent story tellers.

15+ Year Old Account
    From the worst to another worst...

The whole theme of this game is a war between different races. How long before they decide that THAT is "problematic"?

What about PvP? Attacking other players might "go against their values" pretty soon.

Might be time to just hang up your hat, Blizzard.