Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is nothing short of pure stupidity. Removing /pizza..? Literally is just another way of typing /hungry in game. Like what the fuck? Is something missing here? Is pizza a sexual innuendo or did Blizzard go full Alex Jones or was this a mistake. And /doom? Dare you threaten someone in a video game that's about war!!

While we're at it, let's cover up Alexstrasza and reshape a Thousand Needles. Those two might offend some people.
    You know what? Remove /laugh and add a consent button when you target someone with /hug /love /kiss or /pat. If they don't, just send them to court. We can't have them learn about the hidden in game Cosby Suite!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I am a person who struggles immensely with performance stress which has led me to seeing a therapist the past couple months and I will judge because this literally feels like a mockery to serious issues. How is someone allowed to take a day off to recover from being called a troll in general chat in a video game?
    Must be new to getting lots of attention on the internet or is sensitive while on the internet. I don't know her but for me, I read hate comments here and other places and it used to affect me years ago, now I ignore them or just laugh. But breaking down for someone calling you a shrill and a troll? There's hidden issues at home she's going through. Never have I gotten upset for someone calling me a stupid name like a shrill or a troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Please god, don't let them change the male dwarf dance, so I can still make it look like I'm tea bagging my idiot guildies corpse before ressing them.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone needs to sound clip all the flirts in case they delete them. -I know I'm supposed to be an adult but I still giggle at juvenile humour.
    I'm telling you, the female Pandaren "Let me show you my Kung-Fu grip" and the Draenei female "I want you to *lick and splat* my *gurgling noises* *slurping noises" is the first getting removed.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Now they just need to remove /s and /y and people will finally be safe.

Good changes. Now disable rapid /sitting. Or do you support promoting sexual assault and necrophilia?

Looking at you especially, druids.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    World of Warcraft!! The game where we have people orphaning children by decapitating their parent's heads and bringing them in as a quest for a low reward of six silver and 3 copper and an ugly pair of pants. The game where we are given poison bombs by reanimated WW2 inspired alchemists and gas tons of innocent animals in their natural habitat. Where we go to concentration camps and hit people who've been buried alive over the head with a shovel for our sadistic and twisted pleasures. Where we can play as people who are addicts and brutish savages. Where we hang the corpses of our enemies from trees in front of cathedrals or sacrifice baby lambs to summon demons. But farting on people? Shaking your ass at someone for a laugh? IT'S TOO MUCH!! REMOVE IT NOWWWWWW!!

Jesus Christ. I can't imagine getting this upset over anything much less the removal of emotes you probably never used anyway.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-09-30 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    no you see they covered up Sylvanas' belly button so they might as well stick her in a Burqa.
    Oh no...they covered up her midsection! God forbid for someone who is getting shot at, attacked, and even killed a few times!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    snip.
    I'm not saying things are perfect with WoW, but the OP was literally complaining that he can't deck out his female character in lingerie like you can in XIV...if the only reason you play a game is because of the sex appeal of the pixels...then that person needs help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    snip
    Couldn't even quote my reply in good faith, thanks for admitting you had nothing to add to my reply other than "me horny, me want to look at half naked women to get off"

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    Jesus Christ. I can't imagine getting this upset over anything much less the removal of emotes you probably never used anyway.
    amazing isnt it... to have *GAASPPP* opinion and reaction about something you care about?

especially when it's something stupid and only done for business.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    As a woman I enjoy playing an attractive female, I enjoy the fantasy of looking stunning while also being able to kick ass. I also enjoy males in suggestive outfits because they look supremely confident, imagine someone showing up to war in a pair of pants and a sword, bare chested, and with the confidence and skill to not need anything more, how cool and attractive is that?
    I like playing attractive females, doesn't mean I need to stare at them in their underwear (or less) to be able to enjoy it. I don't base my choices of games and level of enjoyment off of how much skin can be shown...

So removing in game emotes and paintings will help fix blizzard... even though it was done to address issues that happened in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    I like playing attractive females, doesn't mean I need to stare at them in their underwear (or less) to be able to enjoy it. I don't base my choices of games and level of enjoyment off of how much skin can be shown...
    Who needs to stare? And who are you to judge what level of attire I should wear? As long as my character is not exposed that is my choice and should remain so. A lot of people enjoy outfits that look fantasy like, both with less armor than what is realistic, and with more armor than is realistic.
    That something looks sexy does not mean you need to instantly do the horizontal tango with it, just like you committing genocide in game doesn't mean you have some urge to kill people in real life.
    I enjoy some cleavage, I enjoy bare chested guys in tight pants, it is a style and look that resonates with me, it looks like supreme confidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Remember back in Hearthstone, when they removed the negative emotes, and then people just started sarcastically spamming the good-natured ones at players? BM always finds a way, pretty soon we'll see legions of people /applauding the TBC+ owners instead after Blizz deletes all the meanie-weenie emotes.
    I was joking when I said this back in July but now they're actually systematically neutering all the meanie-weenie emotes, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Surely if that were true they'd only be changing the emote people were actually using for that?
    No they change all the emotes they feel the players will start using to harass others after spit was removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    The emotes have been in the game since launch and you think the lawsuit and them getting removed now is just a coincidence? Come ooon.
    teh /spit emote was removed before the lawsuits. You think they just removed that and forgot about the rest? No,they started looking at the rest of them and decided if anymore should be removed. But why stick witb those facts when you can falsely equate correlation to causation?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    amazing isnt it... to have *GAASPPP* opinion and reaction about something you care about?

especially when it's something stupid and only done for business.
    le gasp, this works both ways. no if you really care about two or three emotes getting removed it's my opinion you go outside and touch grass.

shocking how a business that wants to keep making money makes choices it thinks will continue making them money. how unheard of... it's scandalous!
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-10-01 at 12:20 AM.

The people who created WoW and built Blizzard have long since departed.

The people who remain there not only create nothing, but they actively destroy what others built.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    The people who created WoW and built Blizzard have long since departed.

The people who remain there not only create nothing, but they actively destroy what others built.
    I guess people really need to be periodically reminded of the fact that this could all have been avoided if the people who built WoW and blizzard didn't make a den of sex pests in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Actually believeable when you got people in Blizz that take days off because they were called trolls in chat.

These people have infested every aspect of entertainment at this point. Movies, tv, video games, comic books, you name it. The great irony is they call everyone else toxic and they are by far the most toxic people on the planet.

Every company is terrified of these lunatics. They literally have mentally ill people essentially dictating company policy.

I don't know why so many of you are annoyed by this, Blizzard is legit a company that carries little weight anymore and it's clear to all that it is dying. Rushing TBC classic and now fresh classic is them trying to hold onto whatever numbers they can, their new IP's are creating little to no hype, their best ideas are re releasing their old games made by people who are long gone from the company and the long list of scandals is now causing blizzard to start cleaning their games of any soul left that hasn't already been wiped out. Removing these emotes is a fart in a hurricane when it comes to blizzards problems.
    The gravestone is already in the ground, all that needs to be added is the date of death for which each person will have their own date.
    And when I talk about death, I mean in PC gaming, blizzard will live on making mobile garbage for sure. If you are still heavily invested in Blizzard entertainment I recommend you move onto something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    These people have infested every aspect of entertainment at this point. Movies, tv, video games, comic books, you name it. The great irony is they call everyone else toxic and they are by far the most toxic people on the planet.

Every company is terrified of these lunatics. They literally have mentally ill people essentially dictating company policy.
    Imagine reading a situation where a fellow coworker insulted another coworker twice, and think that's fine.

I'm not here to defend whether or not firing the person as a result was the correct answer because we have no way of knowing if the guy had multiple strikes against him already, but seriously that's not the kind of behavior for the workplace anyway.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    More virtual signaling, more punishing paying customers for crimes they never committed.

- - - Updated - - -

They would kill off whatever RPers are left on Wyrmsrest Accord and Moon Guard.
    Who needs RP'ers when you only need a handful of whales to show more or less decent numbers to your shareholders.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    FF14:

ONE THIRD of FF14's playerbase are women.
    Doubt x 100

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Doubt x 100
    Maybe not exactly 1/3 [33.33(3)%] but pretty close, ratio is 3:7 [30%] : https://twinfinite.net/2017/07/surve...-gender-ratio/

Which is pretty damn high. So he wasn't wrong.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV