Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Like...normally with a dodge? Because I sure haven't been able to do that...is there a trick or something? >.>
    Both. You can roll cancel and if you read the skills, some have canceling built-in. I won't remember what they are called so look it up in-game. Also, don't forget to weapon swap cancel and use Grit and 'serk to reduce long animation cycles.

It's the only way to go besides Spear and Ice Glove IMO.

This game is about UNLOADING with as much shit as possible in as small a window as possible. Kill fast or die yourself.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-09-30 at 05:13 PM.

If there's sustained interest (i.e. months, not just launch week) there's the possibility of new subforums. But given that many have been closed down or are largely inactive as-is, it's not gonna happen in the immediate.
    The problem, this is the time they need to grab that traction and hold on to it or stagnate and die along side wow.

Why are all these 100% dedicated and focused wow podcasts, youtube channels not all just 100% wow focused anymore after well over a decade of operating that way.

It's not "Ctrl Alt WoW" anymore they are calling it "Ctrl Alt Games" now. They all know the writing on the wall? i dunno? But i mean it's looking like all your eggs in one wow basket ain't trending forward anymore as a viable future. I dunno?

Within 2 minutes i'm signed up for official forums, a couple fan sites and looking like reddit is scooping up all the fans of New World whom want a forum full of fellow adventurer's/posters to talk shop with.

Gotta strike while the iron is hot!!!

I'll admit it's nice over at reddit (i just say that? really? lol, don't worry i'll take my temperature) being around all New World fans not bombarded with worried wow players watching their game/life go up in flames.

Only being honest.

I mean if they wait months and then go oh, the game is a hit, they've already lost and no mystery why other forums are closed and or largely inactive. Didn't seize the opportunity. Snooze you lose is the expression.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    In the Completed & Expired window, you have a column titled Sold. In there, it shows how many of that particular item were sold. 0 means it was not sold.
    Unsold/expired items are automatically deposited in the storage shed in the town you put the item up for sale at the trade post.
    Money from successful sales are automatically added to your gold.
    thank you. thats a really solid answer
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by A Blue Smurf View Post
    Its Amazon Game Studio, a relatively small and brand new developer that has never released a live service game to date.

It's OWNED by Amazon, yes - the same way LucasArts was owned by Disney. That does not mean they have the full resources of it's ~$2 trillion dollar master to play with.

You're basically saying that because The Volkswagen Group owns Bugatti and every Golf should be equivalent to one.
    Yes, a new small studio project led by ex-president of SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT with half a dozen of MMO's under his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Yes, a new small studio project led by ex-president of SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT with half a dozen of MMO's under his belt.
    This ain't Smedley's game, he's apparently working on another project that hasn't been announced. Also, has far, far, far, far from the best track record with games, and while he's insanely passionate his direction kinda tanked SOE. He's also a god-damned nightmare for his PR team since he historically would go rogue and just ruin their days with regularity.

AGS ain't some tiny or underfunded team though. They've got ample staffing with plenty of experienced developers, tons of budget and resources too. This is their first game though (different teams handled Crucible and other games), and it's expected that brand-new teams may take a bit of time to really find their footing as they launch their first game.

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    The golden years of mmorpg's when mmorpg's were worlds. I broke the ice with AC2, and EQ2, SWG became my first real loves. Although EQ2 was the true dominant one for me, i played with a guild from EQ, we took the game to the extreme limit, such amazing memories and it's sad that today's mmo players will never truly understand or be able to experience that wonderment of extreme challenge, working for months if not a better part of year on one quest-line, deep af crafting, a true adventure, and the most amazing raids far better than wow raids today.

Agreed, i have far more memories in the four years we dominated EQ2 2004-2008 as SOE made the game stupid af easy, we left the game, but still to this day, it's like in retrospect that short time, is a mountain of cherished memories, where wow and all mmo's since are an ant hill at best. It's disappointing that so many players and wow babies will never have that opportunity to experience a real mmorpg world.

I could write volumes here, and i've done that so many times over the years in various forums, and it's nice to meet someone who gets it, understands that today's mmo's are sorely lacking, i mean wow is still putting in features that came out of the box with EQ2 ffs. Truth be told though as you nailed it, later in life i doubt i'd be able to keep up with such deep, deep, deep, abyss level really mmorpg's. I still play SWG:Legends 4 years now, and i'm still learning things but then again it's as is, it grows some, lots of community events like the latest housing purge was a freaking blast and days of old, so awesome!. So i guess the reality is that in odd ways i appreciate these easy to digest mmo's as yep, i don't have that kind of time anymore.

Wow is all M+ and Pocket Boss Raids which yeah, i'm known to express my displeasure with M+ becasue that's all wow focuses on, esports it's not a mmorpg anymore, had they been more in front with the rpg, then add all the M+ you want it's just tiring when that is all the game highlights, hopefully having the rug pulled out from under them they wake the f up, you know housing is coming they've held that ace up their sleeve for when the bottom drops out but unfortunately they have put a strangle hold on the genre for a decade and a half and is why the genre stagnated so badly, then peep's wonder why i wow bash, lmao, cause they have zero clue what they are missing, they simple don't know any better. I should add that wow raids are super fun, super challenging, and yeah i love that hard af, but it's all pocket bosses, no real raiding like back in the golden years, and i must say most of all, raid nights, scheduled, is huge for people with lives, so i loved that as you know what that meant in our day, it was your life or gtfo. Oh to be young again lol

I seriously feel you should check out Valheim, 20 bones, 1 gig on your drive limitless fun for years to come. Gawd i can't express how astounding the game is, which i only bought to pass the weekend for something to do till New World drops, now, it's on my drive for life. When a friend recommended it to me they said something about 3 bosses yadayada and how you finish the game. Well i went in thinking you build, get in ready state kill bosses game over in a couple hours and start again, far from reality this becomes a world you will be in for a very, very, long time, the world is staggering large, absolutely massive in scale, and yeah a home. I don't know you and have zero hesitation recommending this game to you based on your background. I know you'll love it.

Here we are at launch day and my head is still totally in Valheim, but Valheim isn't going anywhere and not a game you'll ever be done with so, "singing now", It's a Brand New World lol. Totally pumped i have really good feeling this is more in line with what i want from a mmo, a mmorpg.
    Yeah I've heard of Valheim. Funny my first toon on EQ1 was named Heimdall. He was a barb Warrior.
    Anyhow Part of the problem is that we live in an information age. Most games including New World have already been solved. Meaning that because of the ease of obtaining information about games and the META for just about everything from leveling to crafting, the thrill of adventure has mostly been figured out. By having a Beta which the whole game was opened up much of the game's secrets and strategies have already been worked out. I may try out Valheim at some point. I have heard good things. But the social aspect of MMO's is what always gets me. I don't even dig running huge raids or RP events like that anymore. It's just the fact of KNOWING other people are in the world doing similar things at the same time as my char and the odd chance to run into someone is always what excited me.

I actually had an idea for an mmo years ago that I would love if they made. My idea was a Castlevania style mmo with a huge surrounding countryside to explore ripe with crypts and monasteries and haunted forests to explore. You could have it so players have to search out hidden relics and solve riddles with clues they obtain in their travels by not only adventuring and killing mobs but talking to locals and also passing on info to each other to work out solutions to said riddles. Inside the main castle it could truly be set up like a Demon-Castle with randomly generated layouts so as to never give you the same feeling upon entering multiple times.
    Also you could have factions. Where players could choose to either play as the Heroic adventurers who are fighting to stop the spread of evil while the other faction is players working WITH the forces of darkness to thwart the Heroes.
    Imagine if you will that the High Priest Shaft was actually another player and his cadre of priests was other player characters working to complete a rite that would Resurrect Count Dracula. Those players could control certain wings of the castle and influence the denizens in those areas with zone-wide buffs and affix type status effects. That would give players a Reason to PVP that ties in with the lore perfectly.
    Also sometimes the bad guys would win. But that would only embolden the forces of light to fight back harder.
    The adventurers of good would be blessed with rewards such as magical items and powers to crush the darkness. While the warriors of dread command the forces of darkness and can influence the land itself.
    Of course those more inclined to be the bad guys might wonder what else is there for them to do ? Well the forces of good could have NPC's who are powerful bosses against those players for them to raid while the good guys fight to protect them.
    Not to mention I would have it designed with a Huge map as I mentioned with varied locations. Such as underground caves and waterways. Both in and outside of the castle with interconnecting junctions. Mountains and valleys. Various towns and hamlets. Also Could take a page out of the Movie Krull. Where the Castle can shift locations and move to different spots with the entrance randomly hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    That honestly is what genuine fun feels like and its the same feeling I get from XIV. If I sit and think about it I can find specific reasons for why I m having fun but when someone spontaneously asks me why the game is fun I cannot make a reason off the top of my head and yet it still feels like fun. On the other hand before cancelling my WoW sub I felt like I had to constantly remind myself what I like about the game to log in and play and that didnt feel like genuine fun. XIV and NW, I log in with no plans but I have this tingling dopamine shot every time I press the play button after a long day of work as if I m looking forward to what I ll decide to do while chilling.
    I think you are right I log in go to run a quest but decide to just gather instead and feel like I accomplished something. I love FF14 but to me as newer return player it feels lost and overwhelming at end game... thus I'm kinda on hold till endwalker and hope being fresh helps. NW though just immerses me into the world, the combat is fun, the setting different with the conquistador vibe going. I did have to slow walk forever to a town due to mining to much during a work meeting today though lol
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Yo fishing is like...alright? I dig that it's got the little minigame to it right now. I'm sure I'll get annoyed later, but it gets me into a nice rhythm reeling them in and is fairly soothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You can't even test it with paying. ;D
    lmao I guess they didnt expect it to actually hit that big. I guess I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    lmao I guess they didnt expect it to actually hit that big. I guess I'll wait.
    You can play if you wish. He's exaggerating. Yesterday me and my friends just decided to roll on a fresh server that had no queues since they ll merge anyway. They keep opening new servers so you can find one without queue

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo fishing is like...alright? I dig that it's got the little minigame to it right now. I'm sure I'll get annoyed later, but it gets me into a nice rhythm reeling them in and is fairly soothing.
    Fishing was messing with my head at first. I guess I am so used to hitting the button as soon as moves that the way New World does it with the "get ready" thing before you can actually hook the fish took some getting used to. I don't know how useful it will be in the long run, but I did always find fishing in other MMO's to be a nice and calming distraction. I would just toss a movie on netflix in the background and just fish for an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    I dislike that I heavily start feeling bored. The amount of walking inbetween quests has become horriffic. At 40 now the pure amount of grind behind everything compared with so much walking and doing nothing...phew.
    My pal as I said quit two days ago already after the beginning of the grind and said the game looks absolutely loveless. And the more I play I have to support him more.
    When I have to work next week again and have to wait in queues for hours in the evening for 1-2 gaming per day I don't see myself playing it anymore.

Let's see what the weekend brings, I think I can hit 60, it's my goal and the content probably will end there anyway. I will see.
    I agree with the traveling bit. I dont understand why we also gotta pay for the fast travels with a resource. Like - why? Whats the point of it? let us travel freely around. At launch it works fine for people to run around, but soon enough people will get annoyed of running all the time.

So far I enjoy the game, but I havent been able to put alot of hours into it due to horrid queue times. I have no stress of reaching 60 though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Fishing was messing with my head at first. I guess I am so used to hitting the button as soon as moves that the way New World does it with the "get ready" thing before you can actually hook the fish took some getting used to. I don't know how useful it will be in the long run, but I did always find fishing in other MMO's to be a nice and calming distraction. I would just toss a movie on netflix in the background and just fish for an hour or so.
    lol same here. im used to wow were when the bobble moves, you click. So when it did in NW and it said "get ready" I would just click. Took some adjusting hah

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of your guys haven't gotten into the warfare aspect of the game. Its the one that disappoints me the most. Having played a lot of RVR, WvW, large scale PVP, the system Amazon set up has a lot of potential. Its held back by some very strange design decisions.

PvEvP is fun and fine, the problem is that in this game PvP and PvE are separate but thrown on top of each other instead of complimenting each other, mixing like vinegar and milk.

Sieging and defending forts is fun...until half your team gets ported because theres a 50 player limit in a open world environment?!? And when the game ports you it buts you in a insanely long loading screen and punts you half way across the map (in most cases). This mechanic completly kills the spirit of a battle. Might as well completly remove forts from the overworld and make them an instanced game mode people queue up for.

Wars, a great concept. Again, very flawed, completly killing the spirit of pvp. A company/faction gathers up an army to wrestle influence of a town from their enemy. They siege up the surrounding land, putting on so much pressure that the faction that owns the town doesn't even want to leave the towns gate. No its time to move on the settlement and take it...oh wait you can't. You can only schedule wars in advance, some times days in advance and who knows if the people will still want to/'be able to fight 3 days later. Oh and and even though flipping the influence of a zone might have been a company/faction wide effort, only 50 people can actually participate in the fight to take the town. Oh and its heavily screwed towards the defenders no matter how yell you sieged up zone before the war.

Amazon has chosen to build this great playground for largescale pvp and make it drab.

I hope everyone gets to experience trying to snipe defenders on their rampants while your squad is hiding in the treeline like a band of Minutemen vs Redcoats. Just don't try to advance on the fort of half your detachment with be teleported to oblivion for reasons...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

It's good enough that I don't have any desire to play WoW ever again.

i tried some fort defending yesterday but i'll probably have level up my weapons a lot more as i was barely doing any damage at all to enemy players.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    who is corrupted, who is lost, who is ancient??? how do i differ them?

also why do i have 3k reputation cap on my faction vendor? further quests i complete just waste the rep
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

We won the first war on my server as Covenant last night.
    Syndicate owns most of the north but we're working on it.
    Most of the battle was like AB and they never took the spawn points.
    Pretty sure tons of kids just mash buttons too.
    I'm taking time and having fun though and I do love the wilds aspect of it.
    Just trekking it through all kinds of terrain and not caring is fun to do again.
    Ques are crap in the evening still though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    Yeah I've heard of Valheim. Funny my first toon on EQ1 was named Heimdall. He was a barb Warrior.
    Anyhow Part of the problem is that we live in an information age. Most games including New World have already been solved. Meaning that because of the ease of obtaining information about games and the META for just about everything from leveling to crafting, the thrill of adventure has mostly been figured out. By having a Beta which the whole game was opened up much of the game's secrets and strategies have already been worked out. I may try out Valheim at some point. I have heard good things. But the social aspect of MMO's is what always gets me. I don't even dig running huge raids or RP events like that anymore. It's just the fact of KNOWING other people are in the world doing similar things at the same time as my char and the odd chance to run into someone is always what excited me.

I actually had an idea for an mmo years ago that I would love if they made. My idea was a Castlevania style mmo with a huge surrounding countryside to explore ripe with crypts and monasteries and haunted forests to explore. You could have it so players have to search out hidden relics and solve riddles with clues they obtain in their travels by not only adventuring and killing mobs but talking to locals and also passing on info to each other to work out solutions to said riddles. Inside the main castle it could truly be set up like a Demon-Castle with randomly generated layouts so as to never give you the same feeling upon entering multiple times.
    Also you could have factions. Where players could choose to either play as the Heroic adventurers who are fighting to stop the spread of evil while the other faction is players working WITH the forces of darkness to thwart the Heroes.
    Imagine if you will that the High Priest Shaft was actually another player and his cadre of priests was other player characters working to complete a rite that would Resurrect Count Dracula. Those players could control certain wings of the castle and influence the denizens in those areas with zone-wide buffs and affix type status effects. That would give players a Reason to PVP that ties in with the lore perfectly.
    Also sometimes the bad guys would win. But that would only embolden the forces of light to fight back harder.
    The adventurers of good would be blessed with rewards such as magical items and powers to crush the darkness. While the warriors of dread command the forces of darkness and can influence the land itself.
    Of course those more inclined to be the bad guys might wonder what else is there for them to do ? Well the forces of good could have NPC's who are powerful bosses against those players for them to raid while the good guys fight to protect them.
    Not to mention I would have it designed with a Huge map as I mentioned with varied locations. Such as underground caves and waterways. Both in and outside of the castle with interconnecting junctions. Mountains and valleys. Various towns and hamlets. Also Could take a page out of the Movie Krull. Where the Castle can shift locations and move to different spots with the entrance randomly hidden.
    Nice read, thanks! Love the sounds of that, be impossible to log out of that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Watched my buddy stream fishing last night, he's 25, i'm 14 atm lol. Anyway I mentioned i wanted to check out some fishing last night but never got around to it BECAUSE the map was a popping hard last night.

WAR!!!!

INVASION!!!!

OMFG!!! AWESOME!!!! I BETTER START LEVELING FAST AF lol So became my focus went form 12 to 14 lol, we researched out and joined an awesome Company as well, so yeah a little distracted.

Later that night he started streaming fishing, and i said exact same thing it's an entire game in itself and the graphics omg, he's like oh a pike, cause he can tell by just viewing the fish in the water, the DETAIL is incredible, and it's when i thought... THEY AIN'T F'ING AROUND HERE!!!

Meaning a tremendous amount of work and thought has gone into this mmorpg. They're looking for a huge chunk of the pie, and thank GAWD cause this game is becoming to me NO WORDS this is the shit. The high quality, polish, stability, the little things too you discover in various systems, even how well inventory is manged and controlled is so freaking smooth, effortless.

Then lets take 40 bones admission fee, and no sub, ok most games are 80 and a sub, ok this game graphic wise it looks better and RUNS like a dream far better than most single player rpg ffs, and 40 bucks??? That's it? Sure wait out the cash shop, but atm, if that's how they make $ not a cash shop player in any mmo so, i'm fine, as long as it's doesn't get stupid p2w, which i highly doubt as they are looking for some dominance here, and they f'ing deserve it.

As i was watching by buddy stream i notice in the background ... and it's peeps talking shooting the shit so looking like a friendly af community so far as well. People helping people, players helping players, so many Hey thanks man, oh that was really nice of you... I think i'm home!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I think you are right I log in go to run a quest but decide to just gather instead and feel like I accomplished something. I love FF14 but to me as newer return player it feels lost and overwhelming at end game... thus I'm kinda on hold till endwalker and hope being fresh helps. NW though just immerses me into the world, the combat is fun, the setting different with the conquistador vibe going. I did have to slow walk forever to a town due to mining to much during a work meeting today though lol
    Agreed, my gaming window was coming to a close last night and i started to enter some ancient ruins, which omg the detail, but anyway i'm like yeah i'm not going to have the time for this and i can look forward to that tonight, so i went and chopped down trees, which hell yeah raised that skill, there's always something to do!
    Last edited by xpsync; 2021-10-01 at 01:19 PM.
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    While it can be fun, I don't think the giant scale PvP ever really interests me. It generally just feels like a mess or a giant WoW BG where everybody is kind of doing their own thing, with half of the team getting mad at the other for not playing the correct way. Then you have really organized groups who take it seriously just come in and stomp groups and suddenly people aren't as keen on this type of content anymore. I like small scale stuff like arena in WoW, but BGs and wPvP in addition to other MMOs that do mass PvP just is sort of like, whatever.

Not saying this game can't be different and maybe it breaks the trend, maybe I'll like it if I decide to pick up the game.

With that said, what type of actual PvE does this game have?

The game looks really nice and reminds me heavily of like a super upscaled Valheim by a big developer basically. I'm sort of on the fence and will probably decide by next weekend if I want to pick it up or not, but really don't want to just hit the 'end' game and have nothing that really interests me to do at that point. One of the things this game has going for it however is that there's no subscription and it's unlikely that the leveling experience would be so awful that I'd quit before hitting max level (then again, both GW and the original FF14 were both games that were games I quit before max level). At least they let you roll on any realm you want and give you a free transfer to whatever realm you want to go to when the dust settles down after launch (which is a lot better than what we get from other MMO developers).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Agreed, my gaming window was coming to a close last night and i started to enter some ancient ruins, which omg the detail, but anyway i'm like yeah i'm not going to have the time for this and i can look forward to that tonight, so i went and chopped down trees, which hell yeah raised that skill, there's always something to do!
    Yeah, I have been enjoying just gathering way more than I have in other games. I constantly find my bag full because I have so much ore and herbs from just gathering running from place to place.