Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Is this really gonna impact the gameplay for anyone? I don't get how these news warrant any strong reaction either negative or positive beyond a "that sucks, I'll miss that emote" or "Yeah it makes sense to remove it".
    Well, we've got some people declaring that they'll quit over it. I'm guessing those people are madly invested in RP, and literally nothing else, because WoW has had a shitload of core system features that have flopped horribly in various ways over the past several expansions.

The only other obvious explanation for people announcing that they'd quit over this is that they too want to virtue signal, and are seeking attention by virtue signalling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Doubt x 100
    Directly from the developers:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201707/...81.html?page=2

――What is the male-female ratio of players in your title?

Saito : There are overwhelmingly more men. I think it's between 7: 3 and 8: 2.

Miyashita "MHF" is about 9: 1.

Kinoshita "DDON" is about 8: 2.

Yoshida : Is "FFXIV" more than 7: 3? However, the Korean version has a female rate of over 50%.

Are they all serious (surprise)?

Yoshida Yes, there are more women in the Korean version. Many Korean online games have more exposed equipment than necessary for men, and I think there were few online games that women could play. There aren't many highly exposed equipment in "FFXIV", and at most, it's a swimsuit. It's a game where you can love the characters to the fullest, so I wonder if that is the influence. In particular, the number of female players has increased at a stretch as a result of all the young popular painters who draw illustrations centered on Instagram starting to do "FFXIV". When you hold an event in Korea, you can see that there are really many women.
    The fact that your instant reflex was snarky but absolute disbelief is... sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    Let's remove chat all together - can't hurt anyone's feelings if you can't communicate at all. Keep it plain and simple with only jumping and curated PG emotes
    Dude, you should know that nowadays, if you jump near another character, that could be seen as aggressive, intrusive, oppressive or whatever the term is nowadays.

Somehow in the World of Warcraft now, spitting/farting/burping on someone is seen as "intrusive", yet embedding your two-handed sword in their stomach is fine

I guess
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2021-10-01 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    They could be removing chat in a next expansion because it could be used to convey negative emotions that could hurt the feelings of some.

Instead of removing the alleged rape culture from inside their company they found that the source of all evil was "vicious" emotes. Political correct idiocy at its best. And I am sorry to say but this is the new form that fascism is taking to infiltrate our lives. Censorship by political correctness. Shut up because it hurts my feelings. Pathetic. (Not you obviously, the blizzard idiots).
    yep, its nothing but political correctness. No one demanded this change, no one wanted it. There has never been a movement against this, at all.

Atleast Blizzard now has new stuff to put up on the store - emotes.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    yep, its nothing but political correctness. No one demanded this change, no one wanted it. There has never been a movement against this, at all.

Atleast Blizzard now has new stuff to put up on the store - emotes.
    You say it like it's a bad thing.

On the cynical side, this is Blizz shielding themselves. We are left to our own devices and that's shifting the responsibility away from them and fully onto us players.You still have the freedom to be terrible to each other and if players choose to, at least Blizz can say it's not because of the emotes they added in.

If the toxicity problem persists and it naturally will, it's purely down to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am just curious to how different WoW is going to be going forward if it decides to continue. I get a feeling the game is going to be overhauled come the next expansion in terms of tone and feel after the recent happenings at Blizzard. Most can argue that WoW has already had a huge tonal shift since MoP. But I mean even bigger that that, I am talking on a social and ethical scale. Don't be surprised if they do intend to continue with WoW after Shadowlands then its going to be a completely different tone to what we know Warcraft as.

The old guard is considered dead and problematic, if you loved the game that was first made by a 'problematic team' then you can bet this 'new team' will gutter everything they started to make it their own. Small changes have already started to be made, and its going to be small changes at first but the overall scope of the games feel and vision will be nothing like what Warcraft was envisioned back when it started. This could be a good thing for some but fans of the old warcraft better be prepared.

Just a guess, but watch this space :P
    Definitely worrying, but I suspect you may be right.

I mean, the past two expansions have been nothing but "Girl power" moments, where "the world is out to get them, but these women are just too strong to be silenced!", or at least that's sort of been the vibe being put off. I mean, Draka was SUCH an obviously garbage choice for a character to show up as being prominent in Shadowlands (they literally already had Thrall connecting with BOTH his parents in WoD), Orgrim, Grom, or even Taretha would've been far more interesting and impactful choices. Sylvanas is constantly "a step ahead", despite the fact nothing she's actually done comes off as being overly intelligent. Sadly, Tyrande got completed shafted in booth BFA and Shadowlands (I actually thought the reveal that Elune intentionally let the Night Elves die could've been interested, but some amateur writer decided "nah, Tyrande would be totally cool with the mass genocide of her entire race, as long as Elune gave it the thumbs-up".

The Night Fae have been particularly disappointed. As a big fan of The Dresden Files book series, I was really hoping they were going to wind up being fairly savage, but they're just a boring, mostly "cute" faction. Legit just feels like another "Druid faction".

lmao what, I can't take these changes or the people the changes are directed at seriously.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2021-10-01 at 12:38 PM.

Still have a storyline where the one race I once cared about most was unceremoniously genocided and then told to choose between vengeance and renewal, where the chief culprit of said genocide is about to get redeemed.

But hey, at least a random person can't /fart on me.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    You say it like it's a bad thing.

On the cynical side, this is Blizz shielding themselves. We are left to our own devices and that's shifting the responsibility away from them and fully onto us players.You still have the freedom to be terrible to each other and if players choose to, at least Blizz can say it's not because of the emotes they added in.

If the toxicity problem persists and it naturally will, it's purely down to us.
    Well, Blizz is indeed shielding themselves. It is also coming the realization that maintaining an environment where toxicity can reign too easily is a reduction in revenue and profits. Sure, they are doing well profit-wise, but they could also be doing much better.

With the multitude of lawsuits Blizz is facing, senior leadership is likely realizing that being overtly sexist and encouraging the worst is no longer supported by the majority of gamers anymore (actually, it hasn't been for a long time now). Whether they will commit to a true overhaul is debatable (there are plenty of MRA whales), but they will put in at least this token effort if, for no other reason, to try to dampen the lawsuits a bit.

TBH, after reading a lot of the replies to this thread, the WoW playerbase really needs to start to grow up. WoW will not be around forever...at some point the toxic players will have to find other games, and they will find that their toxicity is not welcome elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Xez View Post
    Temple of Color -nods-
    I fucking spit up my drink everywhere, thank you

This company is a perma clown show, the problem is your work and company policies, the kind of person you signed for years, you filles the company with rude mysoginystic man, since your executives and ceo to your ground workers, because you actively looked for them.

the pissing in the lower level workers policy, the extra hours of work, the we pay you less than anyone, the problem with this problem is everything but your games!!!

Yet you act as if you dont get it and change nonsense on your games that HAD ZERO MOTIV in the goverment and fbi sues, its fine you retrieve a raper reference ingame to a worker, but that should bebit, the goverment sue you because you dont clean the wc's, so you are going to fix it, you will remove beans and coffee from breakfast!!!!!!

Everything makes zero sense, games are made foe mature audiences all the time, girs can rp into murder goddes or kitty cats and guys can be thevking in the castle or the lovely bisexual bard, its a fantasy game, things arent real, i can't belive you blizzard.

Like those in game painting changes they made to a painting noone actually has seen close in about 15yr, yeah blizz, sure thats gonna help your workers avoid raping any woman, blizz is delusional, in denial, and completely out of touch with the world they live in.

This company is a joke and wont take a single penny from me anymore, after 20yrs feeding them money nonstop, all i am is sad, very very sad but i will rather eat my money than buyng anything anymore from them.

In wow I have literally disabled all chat bar whispers and gchat and just get combat log messages and stuff like "X performed mining on Y ore". Community my ass. WoW is most hostile piece of crap ever nowdays.

- - - Updated - - -

I was inspecting someone's gear from a mile away and got whispered to "stop harrassing them". This is next level psychopath shit.
    In the last LFR I did someone /w me and told me to kill myself and that I was a piece of shit player. Why? cause I was last on healing meters. In LFR. On a boss we one shotted.

I just answered "Your mother should wash your mouth with soap", then he went on a long rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    These people have infested every aspect of entertainment at this point. Movies, tv, video games, comic books, you name it. The great irony is they call everyone else toxic and they are by far the most toxic people on the planet.

Every company is terrified of these lunatics. They literally have mentally ill people essentially dictating company policy.
    Man IMAGINE receiving an infraction for this... WTF did this person say that was worthy of an infraction??????????

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I can't imagine caring about this,.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I habitually get sat on when I get killed (I think it means tea bagging) in games like ashran and wintergreen of all things but hey let’s remove “pizza” because somehow somewhere someone can misconstrue it as something that could “offend” someone.

“Being offended” has become a weapon to curtail freedom of expression. This should be looked at while there is still time.
    That or sane people should move out of the states asap as this is not nearly as big an issue in Europe.

“Being offended” has become a weapon to curtail freedom of expression. This should be looked at while there is still time.
    That is why all this is so funny. Everything you can do ingame some dum dum can get offended by it.

Serious question have any of you guys ever got offended by any of these emotes? and if you did why?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    Dear Blizzard,
    You seem to be confused. The problem with sexual harassment, misogyny, and discrimination weren't in WoW. The problem was in your offices and with some higher ups. Changes to these emotes, names, mounts, paintings, etc in game is not solving your issue in any way and is actually just making you look silly. Get your shit together in-house and please stop wasting everyone's time with these meaningless changes.

Yours truly,
    Swagbag
    you are absolutely right. the problem was in their offices and with some of the higher ups. and their attitude made it's way into the game. I can absolutely guarantee that the things being removed or changed were put there by some dickhead who actively engaged in harassment or misogyny and added those things into the game to further harass their fellow co-workers

I habitually get sat on when I get killed (I think it means tea bagging) in games like ashran and wintergreen of all things but hey let’s remove “pizza” because somehow somewhere someone can misconstrue it as something that could “offend” someone.

tbh I always shrug it off and keep on going, rarely do anything with it. I REALLY dont care what strangers on the internet says or do to me(my gaming characters). Most of the times I dont even bother replying back, I just let them rant off without giving them an answer. Funnily enough, that just makes them even more mad.

On your last part - I 100% agree. Just because someone gets offended(doesnt take much these days) by something that others says or do, shouldnt mean its not allowed to say or do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I sorta blame the people who decided to spam emotes at other players for making choices of their own.
    No, fuck you. The only and the ONLY entity responsible for removing these emotes is Blizzard. There are ALREADY in game systems where people can ignore/report users that are abusing the emote system and/or harassing them

This is essentially a few naughty people doing something that should get them an account actions BUT INSTEAD multiple emotes are being removed from THE ENTIRE GAME FOR EVERYONE.

Im so close to unsubbing its unreal. I will just buy tokens from carries