Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When are racials getting removed? Imagine promoting the idea that certain races are better than others in certain fields in 2021. That's a big oofin yikers from me, sweaty

Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    Serious question have any of you guys ever got offended by any of these emotes? and if you did why?
    Apparently a lot but we'll never truly know why.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

5+ Year Old Account
    How can I threaten the Jailer if there is no /Doom! Excuse me!? Please, bring it back. He doesn't deserve softness!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Every emote has been destroyed or falsified, every voice line re-recorded, every picture has been repainted, every trash mob and raid boss has been renamed, every innuendo has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which Blizzard is always right.
    Post of the year:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    These people have infested every aspect of entertainment at this point. Movies, tv, video games, comic books, you name it. The great irony is they call everyone else toxic and they are by far the most toxic people on the planet.

Every company is terrified of these lunatics. They literally have mentally ill people essentially dictating company policy.
    Or is it this one? Both tell the honest truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    These people have infested every aspect of entertainment at this point. Movies, tv, video games, comic books, you name it. The great irony is they call everyone else toxic and they are by far the most toxic people on the planet.

Every company is terrified of these lunatics. They literally have mentally ill people essentially dictating company policy.
    Contest that infraction, my man.

Drag that moderator through the mud for giving an infraction for this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Several emotes such as fart, burp, cough, pounce, kick, punch, moon, rear, drool, stink, whistle, moan, and more have been removed. Why was this necessary.
    It is necessary because there has been a ton of bad pr and its all "evil Blizzard harassing employees vs the innocent players". They need to change the narrative. One way to change the narrative is to delete emotes and cover up sexy pics in order to bait some players into complaining about it. Then Blizzard can pounce and change the narrative to "Good Blizzard being kind vs evil players wanting to harass other players with emotes".
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    This is nothing short of pure stupidity. Removing /pizza..? Literally is just another way of typing /hungry in game. Like what the fuck? Is something missing here? Is pizza a sexual innuendo or did Blizzard go full Alex Jones or was this a mistake. And /doom? Dare you threaten someone in a video game that's about war!!

While we're at it, let's cover up Alexstrasza and reshape a Thousand Needles. Those two might offend some people.
    You know what? Remove /laugh and add a consent button when you target someone with /hug /love /kiss or /pat. If they don't, just send them to court. We can't have them learn about the hidden in game Cosby Suite!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Must be new to getting lots of attention on the internet or is sensitive while on the internet. I don't know her but for me, I read hate comments here and other places and it used to affect me years ago, now I ignore them or just laugh. But breaking down for someone calling you a shrill and a troll? There's hidden issues at home she's going through. Never have I gotten upset for someone calling me a stupid name like a shrill or a troll.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm telling you, the female Pandaren "Let me show you my Kung-Fu grip" and the Draenei female "I want you to *lick and splat* my *gurgling noises* *slurping noises" is the first getting removed.
    LOL nothing i posted here broke any rules. niceee

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Contest that infraction, my man.

Drag that moderator through the mud for giving an infraction for this.
    agreed..!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    To re-iterate, there is an active thread warning on this thread:

Let's try to keep this admittedly volatile topic on track. Drop the tangent discussions about mental health issues, gender identity, and real-world politics and focus on the PTR changes concerning player emotes.

In addition, the discussion of moderation is also not a suitable topic. PM a subforum or global moderator if you have further questions.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Imagine getting so butt-hurt that someone /spit on you. When people do that to me I get giddy, because I know they’re the ones that are actually butt-hurt, and salty. I usually give them a /cheer or /wave back for noticing me!

As for all the other virtue signaling changes. Pretty stupid.

Here's how you can tell they're a crock of shit that don't care one bit -

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE THEM TO REMOVE THESE EMOTES???

15+ years???

Shove it up your ***, you pandering scumbag~

Or what about the bot problem that plagued the game for 10+ years?

"We'll find out where those IP Addresses are coming from! We promise!

It's not like, we're a top Tech Company or somethin'!"

:/

Pandering.
    Last edited by Coolface330; 2021-10-01 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    To re-iterate, there is an active thread warning on this thread:

Let's try to keep this admittedly volatile topic on track. Drop the tangent discussions about mental health issues, gender identity, and real-world politics and focus on the PTR changes concerning player emotes.

In addition, the discussion of moderation is also not a suitable topic. PM a subforum or global moderator if you have further questions.
    Aren't those kinda envolved/linked in some way?

For example some may say being target of these emotes is impacting their mental health isn't it okay to discuss about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Miross View Post
    Aren't those kinda envolved/linked in some way?

For example some may say being target of these emotes is impacting their mental health isn't it okay to discuss about it?
    Preferably not, no. People talking about mental health issues, issuing unofficial medical/psychological advice, and similar topics aren't permitted under these forums' rules and guidelines. Not to mention that they're highly distracting and often derail threads.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Maybe not exactly 1/3 [33.33(3)%] but pretty close, ratio is 3:7 [30%] : https://twinfinite.net/2017/07/surve...-gender-ratio/

Which is pretty damn high. So he wasn't wrong.
    Quizzes do not make fact. I find it very hard to believe there are so many women paying a sub to play an MMO when compared to men.

Probably a bunch of dudes trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Directly from the developers:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201707/...81.html?page=2

The fact that your instant reflex was snarky but absolute disbelief is... sad.
    How in the world would Yoshi know whether the player is a male or female.

If they held polls, those are easy to troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Quizzes do not make fact. I find it very hard to believe there are so many women paying a sub to play an MMO when compared to men.

- - - Updated - - -

They look at account information presumably, gender is a field to be filled out so it is rather easy to just check the general account data to see what the ratios are. And yes, you do consent to them using that information in this manner when you sign up for an account (anyone who isn't aware of this is someone who signed up without actually reading the ToS).

You don't need to quiz or poll players when you already have the data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

- - - Updated - - -

From the payments. I know its hard pill to swallow but companies have pretty reliable way to determine if you are a male or female since your accounts have payment history and if you usually either have provide name + surname or its on your CC.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

- - - Updated - - -

Did Blizz ask our gender at any point in time? I don't remember. I'm curious how they got that data as well.

- - - Updated - - -

From the payments. I know its hard pill to swallow but companies have pretty reliable way to determine if you are a male or female since your accounts have payment history and if you usually either have provide name + surname or its on your CC.
    But a mother or father could pay for a family of four, two females and two males and hypothetically all that would fall under what... four women or four men depending upon who paid?

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    OT:
    It's not like I ever use emotes. Still, removing something to inhibit player interaction is always bad. I won't say this will break an MMO, but Blizzard will not change the players by changing the game. Removing something is never good.
    Disagree. WoW is a game first and foremost. It doesn't and shouldn't reflect all the interactions people can have IRL. For some reason people seem to think that since WoW has a strong social component is should place no limits on social interactions. While social aspects are pretty important to an MMO, they are there predominately to serve the gameplay. WoW isn't an internet forum or social media page, and it's not an educational tool for social interactions that is there to teach people not to be assholes or to have a thicker skin. Chat is there to get people together in order to facilitate things like questing, trading, dungeons, PVP, etc. If people want to also use WoW as a place to just chat with friends then that's fine, but Blizzard doesn't need to keep things (like emotes) that don't facilitate gameplay and can be prone to abuse.

Removing CONTENT is never good since that's what the game is actually built around. It's a very different thing to removing superfluous things that don't affect the core gameplay functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Did Blizz ask our gender at any point in time? I don't remember. I'm curious how they got that data as well.

- - - Updated - - -

But a mother or father could pay for a family of four, two females and two males and hypothetically all that would fall under what... four women or four men depending upon who paid?
    Doesn't matter. Its statistical error. They dont need to determine exact numbers, just the ratio. Which is roughly 30%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post

Removing CONTENT is never good since that's what the game is actually built around. It's a very different thing to removing superfluous things that don't affect the core gameplay functions.
    Its not a content FOR YOU, its a content for others. Also you are wrong about social stuff. People want to play MMOs for social aspect. Not for online loner simulator.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Doesn't matter. Its statistical error. They dont need to determine exact numbers, just the ratio. Which is roughly 30%.
    Again, there is no way of really knowing that. How many people are counted who don't even play, because they pay for their children, SOs, etc?

Its just not reliable, and if they use account info that you fill out when creating accounts .. that isn't credible either.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Blizzard is so intoxicated with this political correctness nonsense that they forgot about that genocide plotline they wrote not so long ago, which culprit they are in the process of redeeming

But sure, I'm certain that removing the /whistle emote will send a strong message.
    You mean Elune?

- - - Updated - - -

The only emote I miss is when we could slap someone with a rotten fish its the only emote i ever used, well that and moo