Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'd love to see that added.

This was posted on the official forums. I really wish blood elves had these options.

Red eyes for void elves? void elves use necromancy in zuldazar

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If they can do the hand magic effect for Nightborne then they can do it for Void elves too. Why limit it to just one race? I'd love to see Ren'dorei with their hands infused and overflowing with the Void. You can make the effect all astral-looking or simply void-y. The technology is getting there.
    Just dont...

Its a very specific nightborne thing, it should be exclusive to them. We have been begging to get that option as it was shown on their npc.. for a long time.

How I am not suprised to see you once again try to say it should be a void elf thing?

Varadoc logic:

Blood elf fans: we want tattoos like bc box and artwork/ magister.
    Literally 2 minutes after..

Varadoc: void elf should have those as well and we need blood elf hairstyles.

Blood elf fans: we want old blood knight back or maybe destroy the sunwell to get that old vibe back.

Again.. 2 minutes after

Varadoc: I want void elf paladins, lets use the old blood elf blood knight story, but replace the red with purple and makenit a void elf thing.

I mean.. really? Varadoc you are officialy the most greedy person out here and realy selfish. Your ideas are not your ideas. And all your ideas are just bad... like for real. This is just cheap. I cant wrap my head arround the fact that void elf fans.. like you are the hunters of vanilla.. everything is a hunter weapon.

From this day on you are an offical troll. Congratulation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    It should be an undead or blood elf thing. Its not as we have discussed this like a 100th times before.

Also weird coming from you.. its not a void elf thing.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-10-01 at 12:42 PM.

If you were paying attention, void elves in Zuldazar were not using necromancy. They were not using power of Death to pull souls from Shadowlands and insert them back to their bodies, creating standard undead. No. They were summoning Void entities and they used dead dinosaurs as vessels for them. That's all. They could easily use some constructs to accomodate Void, but they specificaly chose dead ravasaurs to break morale of defending Zandalari.

What they did is vastly different to standard necromancy, the one which was used to create san'layn. It's something completely different. Also, undead elves is a niche which belongs to the Horde since the day 1, so there is literaly no reason to give it to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    If you were paying attention, void elves in Zuldazar were not using necromancy. They were not using power of Death to pull souls from Shadowlands and insert them back to their bodies, creating standard undead. No. They were summoning Void entities and they used dead dinosaurs as vessels for them. That's all. They could easily use some constructs to accomodate Void, but they specificaly chose dead ravasaurs to break morale of defending Zandalari.

What they did is vastly different to standard necromancy, the one which was used to create san'layn. It's something completely different. Also, undead elves is a niche which belongs to the Horde since the day 1, so there is literaly no reason to give it to the Alliance.
    Void elves have dk (undead elves)

I think the Ren'dorei should have green eyes, since there are also Sin'dorei scholars amidst the ranks of the Ren'dorei.

I can also see why the Ren'dorei should have red eyes; after all, what's stopping an Undead elf from beseeching the knowledge of the Ren'dorei? This is the argument I used years ago to promote playable Void elf Death Knights.

Realistically there's no reason why an Undead Elf, a Dark Ranger, or even a San'layn, couldn't join the ranks of the Ren'dorei, seeking their knowledge.

Anyway I am confident that they will finally add these Ren'dorei-styled weapons in the game, since they added the Nightborne-styled ones for Legion Timewalking (source in the front page).

Now I don't play any tank but I will put that blade to good use, my Shadow Priest toon would look really good with it, coupled with the Ren'dorei Heritage armour.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-01 at 05:13 PM.

Void elves have dk (undead elves)
    DK is a class open to EVERY race in the game... so, blood elves have them too, for way loooonger and with way larger representation.

DK is a class open to EVERY race in the game... so, blood elves have them too, for way loooonger and with way larger representation.
    Why exactly can't Blood and Void elves both get red eyes, like they both got blue eyes? There's really no reason why red eyes should be exclusive to Blood elves when Thalassian undead also join the ranks of the Ren'dorei (Void elf Death Knights).

Isn't it about time that Void Elves should be getting "void" based features. I mean, Varodoc is basically asking for everything "Blood Elf" but not under the Blood Elf tag.

Or maybe Void Elves should be removed if their playerbase can't be anything other than Blood Elf clones.

Why exactly can't Blood and Void elves both get red eyes, like they both got blue eyes? There's really no reason why red eyes should be exclusive to Blood elves when Thalassian undead also join the ranks of the Ren'dorei (Void elf Death Knights).
    Red eyes for all dk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Isn't it about time that Void Elves should be getting "void" based features. I mean, Varodoc is basically asking for everything "Blood Elf" but not under the Blood Elf tag.

Or maybe Void Elves should be removed if their playerbase can't be anything other than Blood Elf clones.
    Well, I personaly don't share this desire with Varadoc and I think there should be something blood elves have for their own. High elf fantasy is now shared by both groups, plus void elves have their own theme.

What is left for blood elves is:
    - Fel theme
    - Undeath theme
    - Light theme

The story of blood elves evolved away from fel theme radicaly, so while I wouldn't mind blood elves having few customizations as a reminder of their dark times, I think there is not enough space for that already.

Light theme is most logical one and is also in direct opposition to Void theme of void elves, so I guess that's the most solid base which blood elves can build upon.

Undeath theme have quite huge potential too. Not that undead elves are part of the Horde for years through Dark Rangers and recently San'layn, I think it could give blood elf story new interesting twists how major society reconnects with their fallen, thus with how they are dealing with the trauma of their nations fall. It is kind of poetic, if you think about it.

Well, I personaly don't share this desire with Varadoc and I think there should be something blood elves have for their own. High elf fantasy is now shared by both groups, plus void elves have their own theme.

What is left for blood elves is:
    - Fel theme
    - Undeath theme
    - Light theme

The story of blood elves evolved away from fel theme radicaly, so while I wouldn't mind blood elves having few customizations as a reminder of their dark times, I think there is not enough space for that already.

Light theme is most logical one and is also in direct opposition to Void theme of void elves, so I guess that's the most solid base which blood elves can build upon.

Undeath theme have quite huge potential too. Not that undead elves are part of the Horde for years through Dark Rangers and recently San'layn, I think it could give blood elf story new interesting twists how major society reconnects with their fallen, thus with how they are dealing with the trauma of their nations fall. It is kind of poetic, if you think about it.
    Overall, I'd say that the one true theme out of these three that separates the Blood Elves from the others is their Dark Rangers/San'layn sections. Red eyes and pasty white skin can operate for both Blood Elf Hunters (Dark Rangers) or Blood Elf Mages or Warlocks (San'layn spellcasters.)

Fel - yes, I know where people get that, but High Elves have used fel magic and it wasn't fel magic that caused the rift between the High Elves and Blood Elves. Now, Felblood Elves are quite cool, but like High Elves - they don't warrant an allied race slot. If Blood Elves lost the Sunwell, could Felbloods make a come back? Maybe...but I'm not convinced. Lor'themar doesn't seem keen on fel magic.

Light - stronger with the Blood Elves, but High Elves can still be Priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Overall, I'd say that the one true theme out of these three that separates the Blood Elves from the others is their Dark Rangers/San'layn sections. Red eyes and pasty white skin can operate for both Blood Elf Hunters (Dark Rangers) or Blood Elf Mages or Warlocks (San'layn spellcasters.)
    San'layn rogues and warriors would work well too. The only class I'd have real problem with undead customizations are paladins, but I think most people who are attracted to paladin fantasy would naturaly stay away from undead features. Or you could perhaps roleplay your paladin as a fallen Blood Knight whose faith is still strong enough for him to be able to call upon Light. It's not a bad thing and it opens up another unique paladin fantasy, which is not a bad thing.

Fel - yes, I know where people get that, but High Elves have used fel magic and it wasn't fel magic that caused the rift between the High Elves and Blood Elves. Now, Felblood Elves are quite cool, but like High Elves - they don't warrant an allied race slot. If Blood Elves lost the Sunwell, could Felbloods make a come back? Maybe...but I'm not convinced. Lor'themar doesn't seem keen on fel magic.
    Yes, we have seen even Quel'dorei had fel magic practise, but most likely not really widespread. It become way more common thing with Kael'thas and it also stopped being defining type of magic for blood elves when he betrayed them to the Burning Legion. Blood elves more or less returned to their previous magical usage, which is mostly arcane, now complemented by the Light.

Light - stronger with the Blood Elves, but High Elves can still be Priests.
    Yes, that's true, high elven society was not centered around the Light though. It's also one of the important shift sin'dorei society had. If I'd roleplay high elf, I'd pick hunters and mages before priests.

San'layn rogues and warriors would work well too. The only class I'd have real problem with undead customizations are paladins, but I think most people who are attracted to paladin fantasy would naturaly stay away from undead features. Or you could perhaps roleplay your paladin as a fallen Blood Knight whose faith is still strong enough for him to be able to call upon Light. It's not a bad thing and it opens up another unique paladin fantasy, which is not a bad thing.
    True, but you could also RP your red eye'd blood elf rogue or warrior as a Dark Ranger. I was just thinking of ways as to why the spellcasters would have red eyes, which would defer to the San'layn.

Yes, we have seen even Quel'dorei had fel magic practise, but most likely not really widespread. It become way more common thing with Kael'thas and it also stopped being defining type of magic for blood elves when he betrayed them to the Burning Legion. Blood elves more or less returned to their previous magical usage, which is mostly arcane, now complemented by the Light.
    It became more popular with Kael's Sunfury and later, his Felblood Elves, but the only way I see "fel" returning in a big way to Silvermoon, would be through the loss of the Sunwell.
    If Blizzard wanted to push the Blood Elves into a more "Arcane/Fel" based spellcaster's role.

Yes, that's true, high elven society was not centered around the Light though. It's also one of the important shift sin'dorei society had. If I'd roleplay high elf, I'd pick hunters and mages before priests.
    High Elves had a Priesthood Order, such as Liadrin was close to being a High Priestess of the Quel'dorei.
    Blood Elves established the Blood Knight Order.

Yes, the Light is way more established with the Blood Elves, but it is also a part of the Sin'dorei, than many sin'dorei fans are having a problem with and is seen as the section that is neutralizing the blood elves in a bad way.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-10-01 at 06:16 PM.

Well, I personaly don't share this desire with Varadoc and I think there should be something blood elves have for their own.
    Demon Hunters and Paladins for the moment would remain a Blood elf-exclusive thing (although I foresee Paladins becoming playable for the Ren'dorei in the future).

As would a racial ability centred around the Arcane.

But lorewise there's no reason why only Blood elves should get red eyes, when Undead elves have also been seen joining the ranks of the Ren'dorei.

"Red eyes" were never a defining element of the Blood elves, but of Undead elves (like Sylvanas...). I would agree with you that the Ren'dorei shouldn't get them IF THE LORE DIDN'T ALLOW THIS, but the lore does allow this via the aforementioned playable Ren'dorei Death Knights.

Perhaps this option should simply be available to all Death Knight races, since it's not exclusive to Undead elves (see Nathanos, Delaryn...).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-01 at 06:18 PM.

We're never getting High Elf.

But that's fine we have plenty of other elven races, I'm sure that you can pretend that your nightborne or blood elf is a high elf.

Demon Hunters and Paladins for the moment would remain a Blood elf-exclusive thing (although I foresee Paladins becoming playable for the Ren'dorei in the future).
    If we ever get class skins, I'd like to see Void Knight and Riftblade skins for paladins and DHs, replacing their holy/fel abilities with void abilities. That would be cool indeed.

As would a racial ability centred around the Arcane.
    I doubt that. Perhaps only Entropic Embrace customization (if we ever get that feature) to adjust its look to be more arcane and less voidy.

But lorewise there's no reason why only Blood elves should get red eyes, when Undead elves have also been seen joining the ranks of the Ren'dorei.

"Red eyes" were never a defining element of the Blood elves, but of Undead elves (like Sylvanas...). I would agree with you that the Ren'dorei shouldn't get them IF THE LORE DIDN'T ALLOW THIS, but the lore does allow this via the aforementioned playable Ren'dorei Death Knights.

Perhaps this option should simply be available to all Death Knight races, since it's not exclusive to Undead elves (see Nathanos, Delaryn...).
    Ren'dorei Death Knights are void elves who died fighting in Fourth War and were risen by Bolvar to get second chance to defend Azeroth. Void elves death knights are not former dark rangers or san'layn, who were undead and part of the Horde prior to their transformation. Also, Death Knights are special kind of undead.

So while it's not completely impossible, it's really unlikely some of the undead would be interested in joining void elves. We already know that Death and Void don't have really good relations (Alleria's whispers screaming at the sight of Sylvanas, Void incursion of Bastion), so I don't think undead have any particular desire to delve into the Void. For these reasons, it feels more natural to have these options exclusive on blood elves.

If we ever get class skins, I'd like to see Void Knight and Riftblade skins for paladins and DHs, replacing their holy/fel abilities with void abilities. That would be cool indeed.

I doubt that. Perhaps only Entropic Embrace customization (if we ever get that feature) to adjust its look to be more arcane and less voidy.

Ren'dorei Death Knights are void elves who died fighting in Fourth War and were risen by Bolvar to get second chance to defend Azeroth. Void elves death knights are not former dark rangers or san'layn, who were undead and part of the Horde prior to their transformation. Also, Death Knights are special kind of undead.

So while it's not completely impossible, it's really unlikely some of the undead would be interested in joining void elves. We already know that Death and Void don't have really good relations (Alleria's whispers screaming at the sight of Sylvanas, Void incursion of Bastion), so I don't think undead have any particular desire to delve into the Void. For these reasons, it feels more natural to have these options exclusive on blood elves.
    Void elf Death Knights being playable is enough as a lore justification.

When we see that Undead elves like Sylvanas, Sira, Delaryn have red eyes; why exactly can't a Ren'dorei Death Knight, raised during the Fourth War, also have red eyes? Is there any reason why this can't happen?

Also there's already a precedent of Undead joining Void-based factions. The Twilight's Hammer had many Undead in its ranks; and one of their high-ranking commanders, Domina, was an Undead. So it would make sense and would have a precedent in the lore if some Undead Thalassian elves, seeking more power and knowledge, joined the Ren'dorei.

Void elf Death Knights being playable is enough as a lore justification.

When we see that Undead elves like Sylvanas, Sira, Delaryn have red eyes; why exactly can't a Ren'dorei Death Knight, raised during the Fourth War, also have red eyes? Is there any reason why this can't happen?
    I think the reason is that Death Knights are risen by different methods, possibly by power of Domination, which explains their special blue glowing eyes and exceptional powers over undead. The ritual to raise Death Knight must be exceptionaly powerful, because it can raise:

- worgen, who are shown to be immune to other forms of raising to undeath (seen in Silverpine, where humans willingly turn to Worgen on Fenris Isle to prevent Val'kyr to raise them as Forsaken)
    - Lightforged draenei, who are imbued by the Light, a cosmic force which is shown to be destructive towards undead
    - Void elves, who are infused by the Void, another cosmic force in a conflict with Death

So yes, Death Knights seem to be special case and thus there is not much reason for other undead void elves and red eyes. Speaking of new customizations, I'd rather see old god themed eyes (aka N'zoth eyes) or "starcursed" (the texture we have on our heritage armor and our racial mount) eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I'd love to see that added.

This was posted on the official forums. I really wish blood elves had these options.

Yes please! This would be such a cool addition to blood elven customisation (I've wanted to play a dark ranger hunter for yeeeaaars!)! I think it would be a nice consolation for blood elves having to share so much with the void elves recently and, like the golden eyes, would make them feel more distinct than their kin under the Alliance banner.

Red eyes for void elves