Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khann View Post
    I play since 2007, I don't feel like Blizzard is giving efforts to send me away.
    I have become more resentful towards the game due to community.
    I don’t think they are either. But Christ this community is disgusting and toxic. It has never been as bad as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    You just don't seem to get it.

Let's get this straight:

* Blizzard employees can't get their hands off of women and have to be massive fucking creeps
    * Sexual assault allegations commence
    * Blizzard punishes playerbase by removing absofuckinglutely unrelated shit from the game
    * Calls blatant virtue signaling that doesn't change anything "adjusting the game to our values"

Nope nothing wrong here. Move on. Everything is fine.

The game itself is garbage but it might not be the actual issue. It's the company that needs to go away. Horrid game developers, massively low skilled but so frustratingly arrogant. In my 35 years I've never seen anything like it.
    HAHAHAHA “PUNISHING” players LOL y’all are too much. You think this is punishment??? LOL please just quit the game clearly you hate it and the people who make it so why are you here other than to cry you can’t /fart at people now?

Not everything is virtue signaling. Y’all love to throw that around for any changes involving women, gays, or anything “PC”.

Good god you people are embarrassing

Oh and to add to it:

* Profession systems remain shallow and completely irrelevant outside of a very small handful of cases, such as alchemy for flasks

* Zero pastime activities within the game that are in it for the sake of just having fun

* Zero in-game community building outside of non-interactive gatherings in Goldshire, where most of the time shady things happen

* Breeding of almost exclusively toxic community habits by punishing players within their systems, such as depleting keys in m+ or failing to properly manage the boosting pandemic

* Adding systems upon systems and ignoring player feedback from beta stages, only to act once the keg is about to explode (see latest patch)

* Low innovation levels in basically all areas. Mostly just badly executed expanding of the current approaches to any design that they have. Example: Sylvanas encounter. Result? Massive lag fest.

* Each patch, but especially each new expansion, completely and utterly invalidates older content. The game currently HAS ONLY ONE RAID. Wtf???

Ah man the list goes on and on.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just don't seem to get it.

Let's get this straight:

* Blizzard employees can't get their hands off of women and have to be massive fucking creeps
    * Sexual assault allegations commence
    * Blizzard punishes playerbase by removing absofuckinglutely unrelated shit from the game
    * Calls blatant virtue signaling that doesn't change anything "adjusting the game to our values"
    It's clearly a response to the "frat-boy corporate culture" part of the lawsuit. It's weird how everyone overlooks that. Like there could never be any possible connection between a developer culture that acts like drunken college students and what ends up in the game. It's a mystery.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by leggomydairy View Post
    HAHAHAHA “PUNISHING” players LOL y’all are too much. You think this is punishment??? LOL please just quit the game clearly you hate it and the people who make it so why are you here other than to cry you can’t /fart at people now?

Not everything is virtue signaling. Y’all love to throw that around for any changes involving women, gays, or anything “PC”.

Good god you people are embarrassing
    You're so immature it's unbelievable.

You have something
    Now I take it away

I actively punished you. You did absolutely nothing wrong yet here I am taking something away from you.

You might not be able to see further than the tip of your nose, but the problem isn't that I cAnNoT fARt anymore on anyone, but that THIS is what the blizzard devs decided was the most urgent issue the game currently has and what needs to have their attention.

Not to mention that it's pointless fuckdrivel and doesn't change anything about either their company issues nor anything about the issues the game has.

You really think these changes take so much work that it deters from new content? Do you actually think that the same people making these changes are the same people designing raids and new zones and quests? Fucking lol
    The game is more than just 'raids and zones'. It's also about themes, stories, characters, flavour and fluff. A combination of these things is what gives the game its character and influences how one feels overall about the experience of playing it. Little things aren't important in isolation, but together it all makes a difference. And I don't know who does what. All I know is the mindset of some of these devs.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-10-02 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's clearly a response to the "frat-boy corporate culture" part of the lawsuit. It's weird how everyone overlooks that. Like there could never be any possible connection between a developer culture that acts like drunken college students and what ends up in the game. It's a mystery.
    What are you even talking about? You are just wrong on all levels. There was no problem with anything that they removed. Nothing they touched had made the game objectively worse compared to now.

Shit, final fantasy has string tangas, sexual cosplays, emote innuendos en masse, and what not. But they can pull it off because their company and devs aren't massive creeps. And NOBODY gives a fuck, it's actually celebrated that the game gives you so much ability for RP self expression.

And then we have blizzard.

If blizzard included their ACTUAL values in-game stronger, the only things we would get are more microtransactions. God damnit

Stop listening to the voices inside your head.

Shit, final fantasy has string tangas, sexual cosplays, emote innuendos en masse, and what not. But they can pull it off because their company and devs aren't massive creeps. And NOBODY gives a fuck, it's actually celebrated that the game gives you so much ability for RP self expression.
    I'm not sure using a comparison to fanservice in a game made by Japanese devs is the favorable argument you seem to think it is.

Someone sendt me a video of two players in retail trying to /kiss. When they did so, a box appeard were you had to press "yes" or "no" to give your concent for the kiss. Apparently it was done on the 9.1.5 PTR.

Is this real or what? The video looks real enough and all, like any ingame footage of retail wow, but I find it really hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Between the recent changes to old content in WoW Retail and the inclusion of Classic (plus ways to keep Classic refreshed) it seems like Blizzard is telling its aging playerbase to fuck off from Retail in an appeal for new fans from a modern age with different social sensibilities and values.

Considering how much of the “aging fanbase” exists on this site, how do you feel about this?
    Frankly I'd rather see more new players joining wow than having my every whim catered for as an ageing old fart. A constant source of frustration for me has been observing how wow never tries to bring in any new blood, just bring old players back. It is defeatist and depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm not sure using a comparison to fanservice in a game made by Japanese devs is the favorable argument you seem to think it is.
    But it is. It absolutely is. Give me a reason why it isn't .
    The game is way more popular and fun nowadays.

Games are supposed to be fun. Everything about WoW is completely unfunny right now to the point where shutting it down entirely would honestly be the best for all of us and the industry as a whole.

Asian games would only need to ever so slightly adjust their visuals away from the heavy anime style, and their games would crush our markets.

Western (MMO) devs are trash tier and it shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Between the recent changes to old content in WoW Retail and the inclusion of Classic (plus ways to keep Classic refreshed) it seems like Blizzard is telling its aging playerbase to fuck off from Retail in an appeal for new fans from a modern age with different social sensibilities and values.

Considering how much of the “aging fanbase” exists on this site, how do you feel about this?
    I don’t get the vibe you’ve described above at all. My take is that the development team has their heads up their arses so far praising their own systems design that they keep remaining blind to community sentiment (whatever it is) until everything comes crashing down around them and they have to pivot in a mad panic to course-correct.

This latest round of fruit ladies and renamed space-goat cities is just another pendulum swing to make up for a pack of creeper senior devs getting caught. That’s all it is.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Stop seeing what you want to see and understand the words. What direction would you like to see it go?
    Take your own words to heart.
    Why did this game become the awesome thing to play to begin with?

outdated and downright cringy, lame attempts to be cute—and that it should be encouraged.
    Who says its outdated? What is "cringy"? These are entirely subjective terms, and it seems that a lot of people do not agree with the direction they are taking. Is everyone who does not agree with this "woke" direction wrong? or, just maybe, is there a possibility that you are wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Who says its outdated? What is "cringy"?
    Horatio Laine in Westfall for starters.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I don’t think they are either. But Christ this community is disgusting and toxic. It has never been as bad as it is now.
    What disgusts me the most is how weak they mostly are and how very "strong" they are on words but when you put them before a concrete task that has to be performed - they flee like rats.

Oh yeah. I can't wait for them to overhaul Uldum to not be 50% Indiana Jones references.

Any day now....

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Oh yeah. I can't wait for them to overhaul Uldum to not be 50% Indiana Jones references.

Any day now....
    references like that are not what are being targeted though. It's only references to the Devs who insert themselves into the game that are being removed

Something must have gone wrong and the rest of my quote didnt link. Here it is for clarity:

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    These are entirely subjective terms, and it seems that a lot of people do not agree with the direction they are taking. Is everyone who does not agree with this "woke" direction wrong? or, just maybe, is there a possibility that you are wrong?
    What specifically is "outdated" and "cringy"? When EXACTLY did it swap from being time appropriate to outdated? If it is subjective, there will be no date. If it is objectively a fact, there will be an exact date that it swapped from being acceptable to cringy and outdated. You seem quite passionate about this, so im sure you either known the date or know someone who does.