Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcstealth View Post
    no we dont but if we enjoy to speedrun why should that be ruined because filth feels bad others get world buffs and pump? its so selfish
    You will still be able to speed run the main difference is the bosses will be *slightly* more challenging. Personally I think it's a great change, I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea though.

I might actually check it out after having not played for a few years.

I actually like the XP changes. Since they're messing with the buff/debuff system, I wish they would allow druid hots to stack as well.

And maybe add completely new boss mechanics in further seasons.

Some of the changes are against the vanilla design, like the increased XP and summoning stones.

May as well just make it instant 60 with dungeon/raid teleporters in cities.

I do like the no debuff limit, no world buffs and buffed bosses, even though ultimately bosses have very basic design and can't really be challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Some of the changes are against the vanilla design, like the increased XP and summoning stones.

May as well just make it instant 60 with dungeon/raid teleporters in cities.
    This is the most stupid

aren't you the 'wrath of the Bolvar' guy?

I like the sound of this. The main thing that would put me off of playing classic again was having to collect world buffs and raid log my character because its buffed. With world buffs removed Ill probably give it a go. I just hope the potential mage nerf wont be a nerf to mage aoe in general, as aoe levelling is a large part of the mage class, and being able to do certain dungeon farms in aoe spec is really fun. Im fine if they nerf the group xp side of things though when in group with a high level mage.

I guess they will go the Diablo 3 way - have seasonal servers and non-seasonals where the dead go to.

I am surprised it got announced this early, where is Wrath of the Lich King?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 20YearsInTheCan View Post
    aren't you the 'wrath of the Bolvar' guy?
    yeah it was me

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    I guess they will go the Diablo 3 way - have seasonal servers and non-seasonals where the dead go to.

I am surprised it got announced this early, where is Wrath of the Lich King?
    Wotlk after tbc that for sure. I wonder if there will be tbc + wotlk + xD with differenet settings but i would prefer that only in classic because we shouldnt divide players into too many version of game
    Last edited by Hastis; 2021-10-02 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    I wonder if there will be tbc + wotlk + xD with differenet settings but i would prefer that only in classic because we shouldnt divide players into too many version of game
    Well all of them are pretty close, and only differ by a few elements. Maybe they'll find a middle ground. I agree, there should be only 1 classic + and would be weird otherwise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Best solution is just to give 0 exp if your grp has high lvl mage or paladin.
    so then other classes start doing the farming easy as that, any class "can" do it technically, just some far easier then others.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    What buffs are they talking about?
    The are referring to the evolution of skills and talents over the course of the progression. Baseline you are much more powerful when nax comes out vs when mc originally released.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Agreed. Let's slip and slide to a better version of Classic
    We had vanilla, we had classic. Why not have a bit more fun with it?

I just like the game more than retail, fundamentally. Would love a substantial dump of additional classic content, too, even if it is a "hyjal was slated to be in vanilla originally so here it is".
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    We had vanilla, we had classic. Why not have a bit more fun with it?

I just like the game more than retail, fundamentally. Would love a substantial dump of additional classic content, too, even if it is a "hyjal was slated to be in vanilla originally so here it is".
    I'd love a talent revamp for Classic+. Also the PvP Ranking system... throw it in the trash, or do something drastic to make it not suck so hard.

So funny how some of you are constantly suggesting drastic changes to make it more like retail, when it not being like retail is the main reason why Classic was such a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    So funny how some of you are constantly suggesting drastic changes to make it more like retail, when it not being like retail is the main reason why Classic was such a hit.
    Would improving some terrible talents really make it like retail?

I am not really sure about 12 months, seems really fast to me. But the my major concern is the botting problem that Blizzard seems unwilling or unable to do anything about. Botting is a problem in the current game, Classic Vanilla and its really bad in Classic TBC. Blizzard seems to be relying almost entirely on players report them and it seems to take weeks for anything to happen. Blizzard needs to be more proactive, having their staff go in to the game world find and remove the bots. Blizzard also needs to do more then just ban these accounts. They need also ban the associated accounts of that user as well as IP and hardware ban.

Sure people will find ways around this stuff but these measures would slow the botters down and deter people.

I am not going resub to play on these fresh classic servers only to a worse experience then I would get on a free private server.

Agreed. Let's slip and slide to a better version of Classic
    Yepp, I'm quite confident Blizzard knows that if it derails to some kind of arcade version of vanilla people won't play it. People will however play classic with new dungeons ,raids, class balance and maybe even some new spells as long as it's consistant with vanilla WoW.

I really like the changes a lot!!

I would not use fresh servers though if world buffs are back. I really like that they removed them. However, one idea is this, you know how they had the boon at the end of classic to save your buffs? How about they add that back in at at price of 25 gold BUT all the world buffs are already inside. They last 2 hours, even on death.

Actually meh, just remove all world buffs.

Also I really like they are adding summoning stones. It's a time saver for sure, i'd rather play the game then run somewhere for 15 mins.
    Last edited by Grogo; 2021-10-05 at 03:35 PM.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Would improving some terrible talents really make it like retail?
    Apparently making all specs usable (not just "viable" but actually decent) would turn classic into retail

you truly know more about the "design" than the guys who made the game, bravo.