Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Void Elf Paladin and Zandalari Warlock

"Void" High elves could finally live out their fantasy of being a true High Elf champion of the Light.

Zandalari trolls can use a darker flair class option.

Also, unlock Worgen and Goblin Monks
    Last edited by Yehaw; 2021-10-02 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes no sense, except for Worgen and Goblin Monks, but ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather see Worgen Paladins, than Void Elf Paladins.

Else, add theme templates so we can utilize more characteristics of the various chapters of Paladin (Sunwalkers, Void Blades, Blood Knights, Paladins, Zandalari Prelates, Unholy Paladin/Knight, and maybe, Moon Blade (?)).

I do not just want to dump Paladin on anyone just because. It needs to fit - and no, Priest does not mean they automatically can become Paladins, though.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-10-02 at 12:50 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'm just going to copy-paste this post of mine from another thread, these are my thoughts on the topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I saw this on Wowhead, what are your thoughts on this? I very much enjoy this concept a lot:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/goblin-...n-races-324234

I love the idea of Ren'dorei "dark paladins" siphoning their powers from a Dark Naaru. Not only because it ties back to what the Blood Knight did in TBC (they did it with a Light Naaru), but it also ties into Alleria herself, who absorbed a Dark Naaru in Legion.
    I'd like to add that Ren'dorei Paladins are very likely to happen in another Cataclysm-esque expansion. Simply because both Ren'dorei and Paladins sell, so it just makes sense, even from a financial perspective, to make them playable.

And to the people here who think they wouldn't make sense, I say this:

You would have said the same exact thing about Tauren Paladins back in Classic, so just stop.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-02 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to copy-paste this post of mine from another thread, these are my thoughts on the topic:

I'd like to add that Ren'dorei Paladins are very likely to happen in another Cataclysm-esque expansion. Simply because both Ren'dorei and Paladins sell, so it just makes sense, even from a financial perspective, to make them playable.

And to the people here who think they wouldn't make sense, I say this:

You would have said the same exact thing about Tauren Paladins back in Classic, so just stop.
    Except, the Tauren Paladins actually did make sense when you look at its build up as Sunwalker. A paladin directly pasted on Void Elf does not make sense unless you alter the thematic look of it for them (glyph class theme, whatever) as we've already had described that lore-wise (lore =/= gameplay after all, though) Holy and Void is a no-go merge.

I mean, sure, if we go by popularity, and the chance of money, then you might as well give as Gnome Demon Hunters and Goblin Druids.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Except, the Tauren Paladins actually did make sense when you look at its build up as Sunwalker. A paladin directly pasted on Void Elf does not make sense unless you alter the thematic look of it for them (glyph class theme, whatever) as we've already had described that lore-wise (lore =/= gameplay after all, though) Holy and Void is a no-go merge.

I mean, sure, if we go by popularity, and the chance of money, then you might as well give as Gnome Demon Hunters and Goblin Druids.
    No one is that silly to think they would be directly "pasted" on Void elves, even the images I linked show that the abilities would be reworked thematically to fit the Ren'dorei's abilities and aesthetics.

For example, the Paladin's Holy shield spell would be reworked into a "nullification shield" of Void energy that nullifies incoming attacks (void = null = nullification capabilities).

Canonically we already have a precedent of Paladins working for a Void-based faction: the Twilight Vindicators, which served the Twilight's Hammer Cult, the Cult that worships the Old Gods and the Void.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Twilight_Vindicator

This is more build-up than Tauren paladins ever got, which was non-existent.

Also, to claim that Void and Light can't merge, is a silly argument to make; when we see that the aforementioned rogue paladins were living in a Void-twisted land and surrounded by Void users, and that the Naaru themselves are beings of Light, who can morph into creatures of Void.

Light and Void are two sides of the same coin.

Gnomes don't make money. Mechagnomes are clearly the least played and most hated allied race.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is that silly to think they would be directly "pasted" on Void elves, even the images I linked show that the abilities would be reworked thematically to fit the Ren'dorei.
    Your image posted depicts a theory that it could but as Blizzard has stated, they tend to plan things to happen according to the expansion. Currently, we see no future for such yet to happen (for now).

Canonically we already have a precedent of Paladins working for a Void-based faction: the Twilight Vindicators, which served the Twilight's Hammer Cult, the Cult that worships the Old Gods and the Void.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Twilight_Vindicator
    Worshipping the Old Gods does not mean you can't be a Paladin. The Scarlet Crusade already depicted that with blood, terror, and questionable acts, even they can wield the light, as light is apparently some shit the offers the ones with enough belief, the power.

This is more build-up than Tauren paladins ever got, which was non-existent.
    The most build-up we had, was already the knowledge of them worshipping a source of light before they were available. Then when added, they were displayed as Sunwalkers, fitting the knowledge that they were not praising the light but An'she.

Also, to claim that Void and Light can't merge, is a silly argument to make; when we see that the aforementioned rogue paladins were living in a Void-twisted land and surrounded by Void users, and that the Naaru themselves are beings of Light, who can morph into creatures of Void.
    The Naaru themselves, become a creature of the void once upon the enter the dying stage of their life. We've been educated on this through WoD, and Legion. We've also been told that they can be reverted - not that they can be both at the same time.

As well, these mercenary/cultist paladins have again, in a belief they did good/the right thing, and thus due to weird lore, light serving them.

Light and Void are two sides of the same coin.
    Indeed, and the two sides cannot be up at the same time. Turalyon cannot embrace his love, and his love can never see the Sunwell again.

Gnomes don't make money. Mechagnomes are clearly the least played and most hated allied race.
    Not the point. Options make money. And there are fans of Gnomes, thus more options make more money. And I bet you, as we've seen through a decade of forum threads, if Gnomes could be a druid, they would've had a lot more fans (according to people's statements in the hope to get shapeshifting fitting the race).
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-10-02 at 01:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Void elf paladins would be great as masochists. Imagine having a being made of void energies channeling the light constantly.

I say, lets allow void elves to become paladins. As soon as they log in for the first time, they explode and have their character deleted

Zandalari warlocks make much more sense than they being monks with pandaren teachings
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2021-10-02 at 01:17 PM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Void elf paladins would be great as masochists. Imagine having a being made of void energies channeling the light constantly.

I say, lets allow void elves to become paladins. As soon as they log in for the first time, they explode and have their character deleted

Zandalari warlocks make much more sense than they being monks with pandaren teachings
    This made me chuckle.

Worshipping the Old Gods does not mean you can't be a Paladin. The Scarlet Crusade already depicted that with blood, terror, and questionable acts, even they can wield the light, as light is apparently some shit the offers the ones with enough belief, the power.
    No, but it shows that Blizzard is not afraid to go beyond the standard segregation between "Light" and "Void".

Here we have a traditionally Light-based class, the Paladin, being part of a traditionally Void-based faction, the Twilight's Hammer.

Then when added, they were displayed as Sunwalkers, fitting the knowledge that they were not praising the light but An'she.
    And yet in-game this is not reflected anywhere. They have no special ability or rework. They even have angel wings as if they worshipped the Light. Thematically and aesthetically there is an obvious discrepancy. Even the Paladin sets never reference this unique aspect of the Sunwalkers.
    The Naaru themselves, become a creature of the void once upon the enter the dying stage of their life. We've been educated on this through WoD, and Legion. We've also been told that they can be reverted - not that they can be both at the same time.
    I didn't say they can be both at the same time, I said that the Naaru, creatures of Light, can morph into creatures of the Void.

It is canonically a fact that Light and Void are bound together, as if they were two sides of the same coin.

As well, these mercenary/cultist paladins have again, in a belief they did good/the right thing, and thus due to weird lore, light serving them.
    True for the Scarlet Crusade, unknown for the Twilight Vindicators.

All we know about the Twilight Vindicators is that they are surrounded by Void energies everywhere and live in a land perpetually twisted by the Void; and yet remain Paladins able to wield the Light.

Void energy is also infamous for being highly-corruptive, as seen in Mac'aree, yet these Paladins who live in the Twilight Wastelands retain the powers of Light.
    Indeed, and the two sides cannot be up at the same time. Tyrelyon cannot embrace his love, and his love can never see the Sunwell again.
    The same can be said for the other Cosmic opposites. Life and Death, Order and Chaos.

Except that we see that they can merge and be both present in an individual.

Life and Death: the Infested are orcs and other creatures who are twisted by the Botani's Life magic, essentially turning into zombies. Mindless beasts controlled by a hivemind. We also learn from this quest that the Botani, wielders of Life magic, can turn the corpses of the fallen into Infested:

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/We_Burn_the_Dead

I saw lots of bodies here. Kaz always said to burn the bodies.

That way they can't come back as the mean greens.

We should burn the bodies.
    According to the Chronicles, Life and Death are opposites; and yet the Botani's Life magic is capable of performing necromancy.

Order and Chaos: Sargeras. He is a Titan, a creature of Order, who is massively corrupted by the Fel, the energy of Chaos. And yet he is not a Demon, he remains a Titan, only one greatly corrupted by Disorder.

So we see that Life can raise Undead-like creatures and perform necromancy, and that a Titan (creature of Order) can be twisted by Disorder. Therefore there's no reason why it can't be possible for Light and Void to meld together.

And besides the idea here is that Void elf Paladins, or "Riftblades", would simply siphon the energies of a VOID NAARU, like the Blood Knights originally did with a Light Naaru.

The author of those pics, to whom the credit for this fan-idea goes, said this perfectly:
    Blood Elves can be Paladins - why can't Void Elves?

The idea here is one that builds off the old Blood Knight Lore. Back in the day, Blood Elves drained magic from the Naaru M'uru to acquire their power which later lead to the collapse and creation of a Dark Naaru. The concept here was to build upon that old idea of using energies from the Naaru to acquire Light-based powers, but flip it upon itself to drain those energies for Void themed powers.
    This, of course, could lead to a rift within the Ren'dorei and lead some to lean more towards the light-side of the Naaru while others fully embrace its dark, twisted form.

The concept on the left (above) would essentially grant Void Elves a base-Paladin skin (for all those High Elves out there) while still leaning into the Void themed with the idea of a 'Void Paladin'.

The Riftblade spell kit would easily transfer to Void Elf Priests, Mages and even Warlocks to give them all a 'Void theme'
    - - - Updated - - -

It should also be noted, and Yes I am going there, that the Chronicles are not the ultimate canon. They are written by the Titans.

According to the Titans, Light and Void can be considered opposites and contradictory to one another. But the Titans are not omniscient. Therefore there is always room for this information to be retconned (partially or completely) in the future Light and Void expansion.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-02 at 01:32 PM.

Just because anything can be justified if you reach far enough, doesn't mean it should be. We have Zandalari Paladins, Night Elf Mages and Gnome Hunters.

Why not Goblin Paladins or Lightforged Draenei Warlocks?

I am for more restrictive class/race combos, not less. Obviously, this is an already sailed ship, but I don't want to add more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Just because anything can be justified if you reach far enough, doesn't mean it should be. We have Zandalari Paladins, Night Elf Mages and Gnome Hunters.

Why not Goblin Paladins or Lightforged Draenei Warlocks?

I am for more restrictive class/race combos, not less. Obviously, this is an already sailed ship, but I don't want to add more.

I think a big problem is that... people will reason and reach and stretch as far as they want to justify what they want most, but immediately throw aside (or try to poke holes/dismiss) other people's reasoning/reaches/stretches for whatever other people want most. The cycle is back and forth and it's quite silly.

Blood elf botanist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Blood elf botanist
    *Blood Elf Naturalist, it is only part of the druids, not all.

shocking another thread demanding void elf paladins while choosing to ignore lore.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    shocking another thread demanding void elf paladins while choosing to ignore lore.
    The only thing really surprising is that it wasn't started by the void elf rper.

Taurens. Are. Not. Paladins! We do not worship the Light! We worship An'she! We are Sun Druids! We are only categorized as Paladins for gameplay purposes, because creating another heavy armor, magic wielding class just for Tauren would be unacceptable.

Sunwalkers have been done dirty by WoW. Our lore was laid out in Wrath and then was never further explored. Our one notable NPC hasn't gotten any focus since MoP, was dressed in Light worshipping Silver Hand armor, and was shoved into the Silver Hand's class order hall in Legion when he had no business being there. I think him being dressed up in Silver Hand armor and being shoved into their class order hall has really confused people's perception of what Sunwalkers are. We really need unique Sunwalker armor and a class skin to change our abilities to be more reflective of what our lore actually is.

- - - Updated - - -

The most build-up we had, was already the knowledge of them worshipping a source of light before they were available. Then when added, they were displayed as Sunwalkers, fitting the knowledge that they were not praising the light but An'she.
    I don't know where you got the idea that the Light and An'she were ever the same thing. An'she is connected to Elune and the Earth Mother, which is a completely separate cosmology than the Light.

Void Elf paladins should be Void Knights. Basically, a paladin that uses shadow instead of light.

For those who don't know, Sunwalkers are Sun Druids. Tauren theology worships the Earth Mother. The Earth Mother has two visible "eyes" in the sky: the moon (Elune), and the sun (An'she). The Night Elves worship Elune and taught the Tauren a form of Druidism that relies mainly on the Moon. In Wrath, Tauren NPCs have a conversation where they realize "you know, we're only really paying reverence to one eye of the Earth Mother by practicing Moon Druidism. Maybe we should start paying reverence to the other eye?" and that's how Sunwalkers came to be. At no point does the Light factor into this. Again, this is a gameplay compromise. In TBC, Blizzard made Shamans and Paladins available to the other faction, so they're not going to make a faction exclusive class, let alone a class that only one single race can play. So they just classified Sunwalkers as paladins for gameplay purposes. People keep getting confused because we were never given aesthetics to properly differentiate ourselves from light worshipping Paladins. Blood Knights at least got slightly different armor sets.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather see Worgen Paladins
    This makes sense. Gilneas was a human kingdom and all human kingdoms predominately worship the Light. Unlike the Forsaken, there is nothing about the curse of the Forsaken that would make Worgen averse to the Light.

- - - Updated - - -

A paladin directly pasted on Void Elf does not make sense unless you alter the thematic look of it for them (glyph class theme, whatever) as we've already had described that lore-wise (lore =/= gameplay after all, though) Holy and Void is a no-go merge.
    At this point it depends on what exactly the playable Void Elf race is supposed to represent. At first, Ion give the middle finger to the playerbase by saying "if you want to play a beautiful, fair skinned elf with blue eyes, then the Horde is ready and waiting for you". They've since been going back on this by adding exactly those options to Void Elves. Players will now be able to effectively play the High Elves they always wanted, the only difference is that ingame they don't get the actual classification of being a High Elf. The waters are murky here. If the playable Void Elf race is supposed to also include High Elves, then at this point adding playable Void Elf paladins makes sense, even if it only makes sense for those who RP as High Elves.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-10-02 at 11:09 PM.

didnt blizzard update the sun walker lore slightly in BFA to make them true paladins?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor