Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Now all the wussies at blizzard got more power because some idiots couldnt keep their hands to themself and behave properly. Now we see the results, everything is bad and this game will go into the shitter for good.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Dude its doesn't matter what what you think, it was a part of our routine, group experience. Yes it was valuable, it was a part of a game that was taken away.
    You do understand that IRL spitting on someone else is bad, right? It's a pretty universal and vile way of expressing anger and disgust. You understand that, right? You understand that that is what the emote was designed to convey, right? Just because you like to use it ironically at times, you understand the purpose of the emote given how you use it with NPCs. So if you understand how the emote is usually interpreted, how it's designed to be interpreted, then you should understand why Blizzard wouldn't want to keep it around. It's purpose was literally to communicate negativity between players.

Stop thinking about only yourself and the niche way you use certain features and try to wrap your mind around the intent and the potential use of those features.

Removing it isn't going fix shit. Its absolutely naive thinking that jerks won't find different ways to harass others. In fact most of the harassments i've witnessed was either whispers or group chat.

Effect is not minimal, effect is zero and in worst case, people are going to be more inclined to whisper some jolts at you.

The only way to fix that is to actually hire a damned GMs that will ban griefers and enforce their own damn policy. That and make gameplay less stressful.
    It's naive to think that removing one tool won't deter at least SOME people. The kind of jerks who enjoyed slinging around low effort insults by way of emotes are for the most part lazy cowards. I'd certainly wager that few are likely to resort to whispered insults at strangers that can be more easily reported even if that was the only way for them to spew their negativity.

And yeah, it would also be great if Blizzard were willing to spend the money to have a robust customer service team that could investigate and take appropriate action on all in game harassment, but alas they aren't so while removing emotes might be a cheap, lazy, low impact way of doing something it's still better than nothing given that no core gameplay features are being affected. It's not an all or nothing type of thing and it's pretty silly to suggest a company do absolutely nothing about an issue if it's not going to 100% fix it with a single action.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2021-10-02 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    Quizzes do not make fact. I find it very hard to believe there are so many women paying a sub to play an MMO when compared to men.

Probably a bunch of dudes trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

How in the world would Yoshi know whether the player is a male or female.

If they held polls, those are easy to troll.
    Men react this way to hearing 30% of players of an MMO are women and wonder why women don’t feel comfortable in gaming. It’s cause y’all suck and act like they don’t exist.

I know an equal share of men and women who play WoW in my life, and even the friend that got me into the game over 10 years ago is a woman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Now all the wussies at blizzard got more power because some idiots couldnt keep their hands to themself and behave properly. Now we see the results, everything is bad and this game will go into the shitter for good.
    God this attitude is so gross

Can somebody confirm on PTR if it's true that you can't remove pants from females anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you are absolutely right. the problem was in their offices and with some of the higher ups. and their attitude made it's way into the game. I can absolutely guarantee that the things being removed or changed were put there by some dickhead who actively engaged in harassment or misogyny and added those things into the game to further harass their fellow co-workers
    so everyone who fart, burp, cough IN A GAME or real life is a dickhead that engages in harassment and/or misogyny? Allrighty then.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    so everyone who fart, burp, cough IN A GAME or real life is a dickhead that engages in harassment and/or misogyny? Allrighty then.
    no of course not. that is not what I said at all

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no of course not. that is not what I said at all
    Then if these emotes got nothing to do with that, why remove them? Whats the reason?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Then if these emotes got nothing to do with that, why remove them? Whats the reason?
    I suggest you go and re-read what I actually said and then you might get it. if not, then your comprehension skills are demonstrably lacking and any explanation I give you will fly over your head

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    let us not forget about the woman who committed suicide while on a company trip because he boss had been sexually harassing her and talking down about her to other employees during said trip...
    That was Activision. Stop letting Activision slink away with how scummy they are by putting their share on Blizzard.

The point being by removing those emotes, Blizz is saying "this is not on us for we have removed the emotes that the players can abuse, some players are choosing to use their freedom and be a dick about it therefore they are wholly responsible, not us".

The blame is not on them anymore because there's no more "/spit". It's on the players who chose to follow up "/me" with "spit".
    Last edited by catalystical; 2021-10-02 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You do understand that IRL spitting on someone else is bad, right?
    I also distinguish between games and IRL, you know that spit in game is not exactly the same as in IRL right?

It's naive to think that removing one tool won't deter at least SOME people.
    No, its naive to think otherwise. Spit doesn't deter intent. If someone wants to be toxic he/she will, regardless of existence of spit. Well, now that he doesn't have this tool anymore /w is prolly gonna get used more.

And I will repeat this again:
    The only way to fix that is to actually hire a damned GMs that will ban griefers and enforce their own damn policy. That and make gameplay less stressful.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I also distinguish between games and IRL, you know that spit in game is not exactly the same as in IRL right?
    Irrelevant. If you can't wrap your mind around the fact that /spit is intended to be insulting regardless of how you personally use it then I can't help you understand this really simple concept.

No, its naive to think otherwise. Spit doesn't deter intent. If someone wants to be toxic he/she will, regardless of existence of spit. Well, now that he doesn't have this tool anymore /w is prolly gonna get used more.
    Well, since you contradicted yourself in your own post you at least proved my point. If it will "prolly" get used more then it's clearly not a one to one replacement. Some will probably decide to use whispers, others will not.

Irrelevant. If you can't wrap your mind around the fact that /spit is intended to be insulting regardless of how you personally use it then I can't help you understand this really simple concept.
    More like you can't wrap this around your head and understand it depends on how you use it since it's not the same as IRL. Your opinions do not affect me, the same way as It doesn't affect my ways of using emotes.

Calling someone "fucking idiot" "dumb ass" is also intended to be offensive, yet we call out each other that constantly. It would be offensive if someone used that outside of our circle.
    Hard concept to grasp?

Well, since you contradicted yourself in your own post you at least proved my point. If it will "prolly" get used more then it's clearly not a one to one replacement. Some will probably decide to use whispers, others will not.
    I haven't contradicted myself even once, you simply didn't understand what I wrote. Removing spit is not going to change people toxicity because it's entirely different matter. Same as knifes do not kill people, other people do.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

ETA on Captain Greenskin getting renamed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Can somebody confirm on PTR if it's true that you can't remove pants from females anymore?
    you always couldn't do this even with males
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by leggomydairy View Post
    Men react this way to hearing 30% of players of an MMO are women and wonder why women don’t feel comfortable in gaming. It’s cause y’all suck and act like they don’t exist.

I know an equal share of men and women who play WoW in my life, and even the friend that got me into the game over 10 years ago is a woman.

- - - Updated - - -

God this attitude is so gross
    More like because in every guild, community, private server I've ever been in there were 20+ dudes and maybe 2 women. The ratio has always been humongous in favor of men.

So no, I call bullshit.

And I don't know why you're trying to turn it into some SJW rant, I don't care if you're a man or a woman at all, but I've been playing MMOs for 17 years now and the ratio has always swung heavily towards men being the majority. There's no way these stats are accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot? Fraction, statistical error well below 0.1%.

I know its hard to admit mistake but in terms of basic statistics companies like Square or blizzard have rather precise data. Not to mention vast majority of players are adults. And even if there are male players paying with moms credit card there would be similar group paying with dads CC.
    Yes, boys playing with dad's CC.
    Last edited by starstationprofm; 2021-10-02 at 10:58 PM.

More like because in every guild, community, private server I've ever been in there were 20+ dudes and maybe 2 women. The ratio has always been humongous in favor of men.

So no, I call bullshit.

And I don't know why you're trying to turn it into some SJW rant, I don't care if you're a man or a woman at all, but I've been playing MMOs for 17 years now and the ratio has always swung heavily towards men being the majority. There's no way these stats are accurate.
    For over a decade I ran and raided in a guild that was roughly 50/50 male/female, HOWEVER, we were well aware that we were the exception to the rule. I often had alts or at one time my main in a different guild, and it was typically a couple of females to 20+ males in the raid team.

Im not sure if it changed on RP or PvP guilds, but I highly doubt it. 30% doesnt seem entirely unreasonable to me, but again, my opinion is slightly twisted due to being part of a 50/50 guild for so long.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-10-02 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    For over a decade I ran and raided in a guild that was roughly 50/50 male/female, HOWEVER, we were well aware that we were the exception to the rule. I often had alts or at one time my main in a different guild, and it was typically a couple of females to 20+ males in the raid team.

Im not sure if it changed on RP or PvP guilds, but I highly doubt it. 30% doesnt seem entirely unreasonable to me, but again, my opinion is slightly twisted due to being part of a 50/50 guild for so long.
    When for 17 years of MMO lives I've known 30 dudes for every 1 woman it's rather hard for me to swallow this statistic that completely contradicts my experience.

To the point where I think it's clear bullshit.

And no, Blizzard doesn't know if you're a boy or a girl. At best they know the CC owner.

When for 17 years of MMO lives I've known 30 dudes for every 1 woman it's rather hard for me to swallow this statistic that completely contradicts my experience.

To the point where I think it's clear bullshit.

And no, Blizzard doesn't know if you're a boy or a girl. At best they know the CC owner.
    Think this through - you immediately reject someone else's reality because it contradicts your own - that is NOT a strong argument, its ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Think this through - you immediately reject someone else's reality because it contradicts your own - that is NOT a strong argument, its ignorance.
    Just because they claim it's reality doesn't mean it is. There is no proof this is true. I already pointed out that if they use polls they can easily be trolled and if they use CC holders then a lot of people use their mom's credit card.

its ignorance
    There is no such thing as educated ignorance.

I played MMOs for 17 years. I've been in countless guilds, on countless servers. Even in RP servers women don't come close to matching men numbers.