Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Neither can any of us. Thus my pointing out of your claim that they are set to become playable - I asked you if it was what you think or what you know, and you haven't been clear on your answer, just pointing out how it's 'definitely gonna happen' even though it's purely speculation.
    Speculation with a solid basis.
    You'd have to be blind not to notice it.
    No one can ever say for sure whether it is certain or not, but it is highly likely.

If there is something you intend me to understand and you're not providing the latest information when I asked for a source, then what exactly am I looking for? Just provide it since you already know what it is.

My point of asking a source is so we can discuss the same relevant information. If I end up finding a Taliesen and Evitel doing their own how-cool-would-it-be report, then that's not what you want me to find or what you'd want to discuss as 'proof', right?

Just gimme the sources so we can be on the same page, otherwise I am literally still taking this all with a grain of salt based on what I've seen so far.

As a pre-next expansion allied race incentive? I wouldn't discount the possibility, but I don't think the videos you posted so far were strong enough to draw that conclusion, and I skimmed MrGM vids made more recently and didn't find one covering this further.
    Not anything in particular, since all of the speculation happened when the races were still fresh - in Alpha and Beta phases of the Shadowlands expansion. None are very recent...

Did more digging. Jeez, there was a T&E video on this after all, and he implies your CURRENT character would permanently become a covenant race in order to make sense of them playable. Yeah, thats more than a grain of salt if this is what you're talking about.
    No.
    I'm totally against it, since it doesn't make sense.
    This process would cause all 4 of the Shadowlands' races to be able to be every class.
    Meaning, Venthyr Paladins (when they burn from Light), Maldraxxus Paladins (when they're undead creatures), 4 new Druidic races with exclusive forms, Kyrian & Sylvar Warlocks, 4 new Demon Hunter races (with unique Metamorphosis looks as well), Shaman for non-shamanistic races. They, clearly, haven't thought this through.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    The problem with Maldraxxi is that the skeletons would have a problem wearing player gear with how their body kind of caves in below the ribs, like a more extreme form of Forsakens bony elbows and knees before they could choose less rotten skin complexions
    You probably mean the male (which is based on the Ogre skeleton), since the female is based on the Kul Tiran skeleton, which can already wear gear properly. There is, however, a fully geared Kul-tiran skeletoned Maldraxxi Gladiator:
    https://www.google.co.il/search?q=ma...aBGX_XlGxBRDvM

even if they use the Gladiators, that gives 2 more new problems, them being portrayed almost exclusively as warriors, and the fact they don't have any actual heads, just the hoods/masks so they'd have to get creative with how the head would get customized
    They would most likely be able to be:
    Death Knight, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest (maybe), Rogue and Warlock.

Yea... i don't get it. How come, by this time, they haven't given them proper faces yet? They already have Krexus (in Afterlives) to base them off of.

and on all the covenants joining the alliance or horde, I'd expect they'd all be neutral, or at least Kyrian and Sylvar should be, as there are Horde members among the Kyrians ranks such as Warbrave Oro, and the Night Fae story is just as connected to Trolls and the Loa as they are to Night Elves and the Wild Gods, and Venthyr and Maldraxxi both have strong connections to Horde with Kael and Aggra being prominent, though with Kael he's just a soul assigned to them, while Aggra leads a chunk of the Maldraxxi
    Kyrian makes sense in the Alliance, since their culture is very reminiscent of Humans - with emphasize on Valor, Honor and Justice. Plus, Uther's there as a representative.
    Sylvar makes sense in the Alliance, as well, as they are very reminiscent of the Night elves (even their covenant name contains Night). They worship nature and live in a perpetual night and star-lighted forest.
    Maldraxxi Gladiators makes sense in the Horde since their focus on strength and war is reminiscent of the Orcish culture - which can be attested by Draka being the representative.
    Venthyr makes sense in the Horde, as well, since their dependence on anima is very reminiscent of Blood elven and Nightborne magic addiction. Plus, their snob attitudes and looks justify the fact that Kael'thas is the representative there.

Do the Sylvar have female options even? I've only noticed the faerie-like people, and I doubt they would be playable.
    Of course they have:

So basically making my point that they're not using the Ogre-based model, which means Ogres aren't gonna be sharing a skeleton system with the Maldraxxi since that was a placeholder model.
    He meant the Abomination model in MrGMs video.
    The male Maldraxxi Gladiators still use the Ogre skeleton.

Where it concerns Ogres, my point is still that they do not have a rig to share as an allied race, and would need their own like the Maldraxxi Abomination placeholder. And I don't regard either the Ogre or Abomination to be 'working towards becoming playable'
    Abomination is not becoming playable and isn't in discussion here. You've mixed the two things. Blizzard used an Abomination model, during Alpha or whatever, to represent the Maldraxxi in the datamining files. This does not mean they are the ones to become playable - they were just placeholder models in the 'model viewer window'. Maldraxxus Gladiators are still relevant (and separate from the Abomination) since they do have a male (which uses an Ogre skeleton with a different posture) and a female model (which uses a female Kul Tiran skeleton). However, as i've said above, one male Maldraxxi Gladiator is using a male Kul Tiran skeleton (and is fully geared) - which could be another avenue for them to become playable if the Ogre one doesn't work.

The problem with Maldraxxi is that the skeletons would have a problem wearing player gear with how their body kind of caves in below the ribs, like a more extreme form of Forsakens bony elbows and knees before they could choose less rotten skin complexions, even if they use the Gladiators, that gives 2 more new problems, them being portrayed almost exclusively as warriors, and the fact they don't have any actual heads, just the hoods/masks so they'd have to get creative with how the head would get customized

and on all the covenants joining the alliance or horde, I'd expect they'd all be neutral, or at least Kyrian and Sylvar should be, as there are Horde members among the Kyrians ranks such as Warbrave Oro, and the Night Fae story is just as connected to Trolls and the Loa as they are to Night Elves and the Wild Gods, and Venthyr and Maldraxxi both have strong connections to Horde with Kael and Aggra being prominent, though with Kael he's just a soul assigned to them, while Aggra leads a chunk of the Maldraxxi
    Yeah, if the covenants are made playable(by no means assured, though possible), I'd prefer they be neutral(as in, choose your faction). Like pandaren, they would have no relevance to the story and thus could be explained as the odd ones who decided to get involved with mortal politics.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Speculation with a solid basis.
    You'd have to be blind not to notice it.
    No one can ever say for sure whether it is certain or not, but it is highly likely.
    Then I will be skeptically optimistic in this regard. I want to be clear that I'm not opposed to the option, just that I don't regard the particular videos you posted as evidence, since they were clearly speculatory.

He meant the Abomination model in MrGMs video.
    The male Maldraxxi Gladiators still use the Ogre skeleton.

Abomination is not becoming playable and isn't in discussion here. You've mixed the two things. Blizzard used an Abomination model, during Alpha or whatever, to represent the Maldraxxi in the datamining files. This does not mean they are the ones to become playable - they were just placeholder models in the 'model viewer window'. Maldraxxus Gladiators are still relevant (and separate from the Abomination) since they do have a male (which uses an Ogre skeleton with a different posture) and a female model (which uses a female Kul Tiran skeleton). However, as i've said above, one male Maldraxxi Gladiator is using a male Kul Tiran skeleton (and is fully geared) - which could be another avenue for them to become playable if the Ogre one doesn't work.

I assume this is what we're talking about?

If we have any more progressed information about these being hinted at being playable, then I'd be open to the idea. This is still fresh information for me though, and my digging for any recent information is still dated early 2021 or 2020, or talking about how to unlock current Allied Races in Shadowlands. So far nothing that really supports the idea that these races are actually going to be playable.

As a point of argument, the Maldraxxi skeleton IS what I consider a proper Ogre-based skeleton, so if Blizzard does adapt them into playable class with effort put into gearing them, then I would definitely consider that in favour of an Ogre Allied Race in the future. So right now it remains whether Blizzard will actually be adapting this skeleton as a Player race or not, and I'm still holding a neutral regard until we get more information about it. I'm absolutely not regarding this as 'they will become playable', since this was the same speculation that was being applied to Mogu back in BFA when they got introduced as a new Player Friendly faction, and nothing ever came out of that.

Then I will be skeptically optimistic in this regard. I want to be clear that I'm not opposed to the option, just that I don't regard the particular videos you posted as evidence, since they were clearly speculatory.
    Then look at the evidence yourself. All the criteria their models fulfill.

I assume this is what we're talking about?

If we have any more progressed information about these being hinted at being playable, then I'd be open to the idea. This is still fresh information for me though, and my digging for any recent information is still dated early 2021 or 2020, or talking about how to unlock current Allied Races in Shadowlands. So far nothing that really supports the idea that these races are actually going to be playable.

As a point of argument, the Maldraxxi skeleton IS what I consider a proper Ogre-based skeleton, so if Blizzard does adapt them into playable class with effort put into gearing them, then I would definitely consider that in favour of an Ogre Allied Race in the future. So right now it remains whether Blizzard will actually be adapting this skeleton as a Player race or not, and I'm still holding a neutral regard until we get more information about it. I'm absolutely not regarding this as 'they will become playable', since this was the same speculation that was being applied to Mogu back in BFA when they got introduced as a new Player Friendly faction, and nothing ever came out of that.
    The Mogu didn't receive updated models.
    This new faction, alongside a dev statement, does lead me to believe that they will become playable in the future, however.

Then look at the evidence yourself. All the criteria their models fulfill.
    You mean having zero Player Armor adaptable to their rig?

Yes, the criteria is current and absolutely unfulfilled, thus my regard that Blizzard has not actually done work into adapting it yet, and my reason not to consider it as becoming playable until they actually show they're doing it or have already done it.

Evidence is evidence, and there's a complete lack of evidence in this regard. The armor that the Maldraxxi wear are designed to fit their model, just as Kyrians aren't using player gear, but all have gear and accessories that are built to fit them as well. None of these have been adapted as player races yet.

The Mogu didn't receive updated models.
    This new faction, alongside a dev statement, does lead me to believe that they will become playable in the future, however.
    See, this is how you need to frame future opinions. "does lead me to believe" is an opinion, and I openly respect this opinion.

This is not how you framed the Maldraxxi earlier, and I still disagree that they will become playable on the basis of current information. We do not know if Blizzard is working on adapting them into Player races yet, and no new information has progressed in that regard either through datamines or other. Its a wait-and-see for me.

Just like considering Mogu, sure we can say they could become playable in the future, but if they didn't receive updated models that reflect Player Gear options then we've still got little to regard. The only thing to regard is wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-30 at 10:00 PM.

I would give my left nut to play a broken draenei. I would much prefer the old TBC tauren-skeleton broken. But even the later basically-regular-draenei ones would be okay I guess.

You probably mean the male (which is based on the Ogre skeleton), since the female is based on the Kul Tiran skeleton, which can already wear gear properly. There is, however, a fully geared Kul-tiran skeletoned Maldraxxi Gladiator:
    https://www.google.co.il/search?q=ma...aBGX_XlGxBRDvM

They would most likely be able to be:
    Death Knight, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest (maybe), Rogue and Warlock.

Yea... I don't get it. How come, by this time, they haven't given them proper faces yet? They already have Krexus (in Afterlives) to base them off of.

Kyrian makes sense in the Alliance, since their culture is very reminiscent of Humans - with emphasize on Valor, Honor and Justice. Plus, Uther's there as a representative.
    Sylvar makes sense in the Alliance, as well, as they are very reminiscent of the Night elves (even their covenant name contains Night). They worship nature and live in a perpetual night and star-lighted forest.
    Maldraxxi Gladiators makes sense in the Horde since their focus on strength and war is reminiscent of the Orcish culture - which can be attested by Draka being the representative.
    Venthyr makes sense in the Horde, as well, since their dependence on anima is very reminiscent of Blood elven and Nightborne magic addiction. Plus, their snob attitudes and looks justify the fact that Kael'thas is the representative there.
    Well, yes but they would still have to put work into making a model with Kul'tiran animation from scratch for male gladiators since that NPC is just using the Kul'tiran model with the Plate Covenant set, though that doesn't mean they wouldn't just that males might take more effort than females

As for classes, we have never seen any gladiators playing a Spellcaster role so Mage, Warlock and Priest are all a stretch, the rest can be justified by the martial nature, and the fact a few Gladiator NPCs use crossbows, except Death Knights, their already beings of the shadowlands so it might not be possible to raise them like that even if they armor set would fit their aesthetic

I mean the whole headless thing could give them something unique to differentiate them from Ogres if they wanted to add the latter in the future, and having it so anytime they wear an open faced helmet all you see is shadow and a couple eyes could be cool, given they give us mask option in place of normal face options

While you are correct with most of these, it should be noted that Kyrians do still have members that come from races of the Horde so they'd have to explain why Alliance get's them and Horde doesn't and with the Venthyr well there's no guarantee that the Court of Harvesters will allow those within their ranks to join the factions, since they kind of have a sacred charge of redeeming sinful souls, though hopefully they'd at least let Kael'thas pass on a few of their techniques to the San'layn/Blood Elves so that they'd still benefit, maybe just say it's part of his redemption
    Though that said I would absolutely love to play a Kyrian, given that they allow us the winged ones, otherwise their just blue humans
    Last edited by Psykho; 2021-10-01 at 05:13 PM.

I forgot man'ari eredar for the horde.

I just want to see things made playable that have strong ties to the factions already, or should've been playable a decade ago.

Taunka, Hozen, Ogres

Krokul, Jinyu, .... an equivalent, furbolg?

While you are correct with most of these, it should be noted that Kyrians do still have members that come from races of the Horde so they'd have to explain why Alliance get's them and Horde doesn't and with the Venthyr well there's no guarantee that the Court of Harvesters will allow those within their ranks to join the factions, since they kind of have a sacred charge of redeeming sinful souls, though hopefully they'd at least let Kael'thas pass on a few of their techniques to the San'layn/Blood Elves so that they'd still benefit, maybe just say it's part of his redemption
    Though that said I would absolutely love to play a Kyrian, given that they allow us the winged ones, otherwise their just blue humans
    TBH the reasons to join Alliance or Horde are mostly superfluous. We help Highmountain and Nightborne equally, yet they decide to join Horde with no more than a passing connection, while ignoring the other faction needlessly.

Blood Elves really had no ill will towards Stormwind, yet they chose not to ally with em because of a past connection with Lordaeron. But all those past atrocities with the Horde? No problem because this is a different Horde! Even though the old clans and its members are mostly still there....

TBH the reasons to join Alliance or Horde are mostly superfluous. We help Highmountain and Nightborne equally, yet they decide to join Horde with no more than a passing connection, while ignoring the other faction needlessly.

Blood Elves really had no ill will towards Stormwind, yet they chose not to ally with em because of a past connection with Lordaeron. But all those past atrocities with the Horde? No problem because this is a different Horde! Even though the old clans and its members are mostly still there....
    I mean at least those Highmountain Tauren had the blood connection thing to back it up, the Kyrians and Venthyr have members who were members of both factions prior to their death which cancel each other out

And honestly the only reason Blood Elves are on the Horde is because Blizz wanted to give them a pretty race and they were apparently strapped for options

But isn't that the whole point of joining a faction on the first place? Each group joined the group that fit them better, be it for political gain or simply a better relationship based on kinship.

Joining a faction is about having a support network, and all these races needed one, and picking one would automatically turn the other against you.

We all know the BE's had a meta reason for joining the Horde, but they did make the case in universe enough. The political impasse with the alliance was still fresh, and the Blood Elves were not being trusted by the alliance fully; and instead of trying to prove themselves to them, the Horde was basically offering them an equal seat to the table, because they also needed the Blood Elves for their arcane prowess and connections to Outland.

It's convenience, a partnership based on what's the best political option. Same is true for HMT and NB. HMT simply got marvelously with their cousins, NB simply got along better with BE, and there was no underlying grudge there as there was with the NE. It's... diplomacy.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But isn't that the whole point of joining a faction on the first place? Each group joined the group that fit them better, be it for political gain or simply a better relationship based on kinship.

Joining a faction is about having a support network, and all these races needed one, and picking one would automatically turn the other against you.

We all know the BE's had a meta reason for joining the Horde, but they did make the case in universe enough. The political impasse with the alliance was still fresh, and the Blood Elves were not being trusted by the alliance fully; and instead of trying to prove themselves to them, the Horde was basically offering them an equal seat to the table, because they also needed the Blood Elves for their arcane prowess and connections to Outland.

It's convenience, a partnership based on what's the best political option. Same is true for HMT and NB. HMT simply got marvelously with their cousins, NB simply got along better with BE, and there was no underlying grudge there as there was with the NE. It's... diplomacy.
    The point is politics are all made up reasonings, and any reason can be formed for any connection.

Kyrian for Horde? Absolutely plausible, and a political reason can be applied. The connections and reasons aren't all that necessary in the first place, given that the lore is absolutely flexible when we consider the Blood Elves being given a reason to join Horde despite them being better off independent.

Name any race. There can be a reason for any race to be given a connection to the Alliance or Horde for political reasons, and to join.

Goblin refugees were attacked by Alliance ships, saved by Horde. If we want Goblins on Alliance? Just switch the attacks being Horde ships allied under a rival Trade Prince.

Worgen joined Alliance because of the Forsaken threat. How to switch this to Horde? Have Alliance be the fearful aggressors who refuse to take refugees, while Forsaken take them in since they know what it is like being 'forsaken' by their own kind.

Lightforged Undead? Could either side with Alliance under a reformed Lordaeron banner, or as Horde as they kinda already are.

Maldraxxi? Whoever they feel is stronger, or value either as being weak. If join the Horde, obvious values of Strength and Honor. If join the Alliance, they could see the Horde losing three warchiefs as a means to criticize weakness and instability.

I don't think the reasons are all that jmportant since they bullshit all sorts of reasons to get anything playable anyways. Let's not forget that the current Draenei are literally Holy versions of a race of demonic Warlocks established in Warcraft 3.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-10-03 at 02:23 AM.

The point is politics are all made up reasonings, and any reason can be formed for any connection.

Kyrian for Horde? Absolutely plausible, and a political reason can be applied. The connections and reasons aren't all that necessary in the first place, given that the lore is absolutely flexible when we consider the Blood Elves being given a reason to join Horde despite them being better off independent.
    Oh yeah I do agree with that; my underlying problem with Kyrian or Night Fae or Venthyr joining either alliance or horde is why would they care for it on the first place. That's the issue for me, what political gain do they pursue on the first place, for what reason would they join the politics of a completelly foreign world?

That's why it would make a bit more sense to me if they were neutral, like it's just some individuals that left the Shadowlands for individual reasons and just kinda chose a faction for protection. But the moment the question is "Why would a group of Kyrians join the Alliance" is where it becomes a bit weird to me.

Because it would necessitate these Kyrian -for example- to have a mission on Azeroth, and choosing to side with the Alliance is deemed the best way to fullfill it. But there lies my issue, what mission should beings from another plane of existence have in Azeroth that would require the protection of a faction?

Oh yeah I do agree with that; my underlying problem with Kyrian or Night Fae or Venthyr joining either alliance or horde is why would they care for it on the first place. That's the issue for me, what political gain do they pursue on the first place, for what reason would they join the politics of a completelly foreign world?

That's why it would make a bit more sense to me if they were neutral, like it's just some individuals that left the Shadowlands for individual reasons and just kinda chose a faction for protection. But the moment the question is "Why would a group of Kyrians join the Alliance" is where it becomes a bit weird to me.

Because it would necessitate these Kyrian -for example- to have a mission on Azeroth, and choosing to side with the Alliance is deemed the best way to fullfill it. But there lies my issue, what mission should beings from another plane of existence have in Azeroth that would require the protection of a faction?
    To be honest the concept of 'Alliance' and 'Horde' have utterly been destabilized by the writers.

They're both pretty weak when we get down to it. Sure, they accomplish some great stuff, but just as easily some 3rd party can send some flying minions and kidnap the fucking High King of the Alliance and a bunch of top Horde officials just like that. Like fuck, really? Why would ANY race seek protection from these guys?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-10-03 at 02:39 AM.

To be honest the concept of 'Alliance' and 'Horde' have utterly been destabilized by the writers.

They're both pretty weak when we get down to it. Sure, they accomplish some great stuff, but just as easily some 3rd party can send some flying minions and kidnap the fucking High King of the Alliance and a bunch of top Horde officials just like that. Like fuck, really? Why would ANY race seek protection from these guys?
    Kinda agree; part of the reason why neutrality seems more appealing to me. Cause that way you can give your own character whatever reason to join either faction based on a personal choice rather than to answer that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    I would give my left nut to play a broken draenei. I would much prefer the old TBC tauren-skeleton broken. But even the later basically-regular-draenei ones would be okay I guess.
    I think the latter ones are more probable.

Well, yes but they would still have to put work into making a model with Kul'tiran animation from scratch for male gladiators since that NPC is just using the Kul'tiran model with the Plate Covenant set, though that doesn't mean they wouldn't just that males might take more effort than females
    We don't know how it looks under the armor. Perhaps, it is a completed Maldraxxi model.

As for classes, we have never seen any gladiators playing a Spellcaster role so Mage, Warlock and Priest are all a stretch, the rest can be justified by the martial nature, and the fact a few Gladiator NPCs use crossbows, except Death Knights, their already beings of the shadowlands so it might not be possible to raise them like that even if they armor set would fit their aesthetic
    I'm basing it off of the House of Rituals. We can't just give them physical classes because they are Gladiators. I don't think the race would be called that when becoming playable. Death Knight would fit perfectly, as they are literally in the place of origin of necromancy magic and they literally practice with rune-forged weapons.

I mean the whole headless thing could give them something unique to differentiate them from Ogres if they wanted to add the latter in the future, and having it so anytime they wear an open faced helmet all you see is shadow and a couple eyes could be cool, given they give us mask option in place of normal face options
    They are not Ogres.
    And faceless options is a big no-no in customization. They would get faces.

It doesn't matter. We helped almost all allied races in one way or another. Yet, they only joined one faction. Kyrian's purity doesn't fit well with the Horde. Each of the covenant races have a role to play in the Shadowlands. It doesn't mean one is less or more likely to join the factions. Besides, if the Shadowlands get re-ordered after all of the Jailer/Sylvanas shenanigans, then these roles would become obsolete.

I mean at least those Highmountain Tauren had the blood connection thing to back it up, the Kyrians and Venthyr have members who were members of both factions prior to their death which cancel each other out
    Vulpera have no blood relation to the other Horde races, and Nightbone and Void elves are on opposite factions.

And honestly the only reason Blood Elves are on the Horde is because Blizz wanted to give them a pretty race and they were apparently strapped for options
    They also had a dark side.

Why did the Vulpera join? why did the Pandaren? the Mag'har were literally brought from another alternate planet, in a scenario made just for that, and so were the Lightforged. None of them had anything to do with Azerothian politics. It is based on relations and kinship.

Kinda agree; part of the reason why neutrality seems more appealing to me. Cause that way you can give your own character whatever reason to join either faction based on a personal choice rather than to answer that question.
    Why would nature lovers like the Sylvar join the faction that was responsible for Teldrassil? Why would the Alliance accept warmongering undeads like the Necrolords?

We don't know how it looks under the armor. Perhaps, it is a completed Maldraxxi model.

I'm basing it off of the House of Rituals. We can't just give them physical classes because they are Gladiators. I don't think the race would be called that when becoming playable. Death Knight would fit perfectly, as they are literally in the place of origin of necromancy magic and they literally practice with rune-forged weapons.

They are not Ogres.
    And faceless options is a big no-no in customization. They would get faces.

It doesn't matter. We helped almost all allied races in one way or another. Yet, they only joined one faction. Kyrian's purity doesn't fit well with the Horde. Each of the covenant races have a role to play in the Shadowlands. It doesn't mean one is less or more likely to join the factions. Besides, if the Shadowlands get re-ordered after all of the Jailer/Sylvanas shenanigans, then these roles would become obsolete.

Vulpera have no blood relation to the other Horde races, and Nightbone and Void elves are on opposite factions.

They also had a dark side
    It's a Kul'tiran model, there literally is no completed gladiator model because 1) if there was one it would see more use than a random mob of zero significance and 2) seriously I check both here and on wowhead for new models every time a new patch is on the horizon I think I would have noticed if their was a model like what your convinced exists

There are no Gladiators in the House of Rituals, their all skeletons and liches and while yes they could fit the theme of Death Knight abilities, from a lore perspective it's probably impossible for them to be true Death Knights

Yes their not Ogres but honestly while you could have both them and ogres on the same faction with no problem, we kind of have to ask ourselves, are Gladiators even the best choice to represent Maldraxxus, seems like examples of Gladiators outside the House of the Chosen is low, the Skeletons however if Blizz put a little imagination in making it so they can where armor with out having holes literally everywhere they would make an excellent addition that add something a bit more unique than Gladiators

Okay I have to agree with you on this point, even if a couple of those Allied races had some divisiveness in what faction they joined, I remember what it was like when Nightborne joined Horde, you could say they kind of had that conversation between Thallysrya and Tyrande shoved in to justify it, though some people felt it was a half assed justification

Yes but only Horde had positive interaction with the Vulpera, seeing as the extent of Alliance interaction was burning their caravans for tranporting supplies for the horde, Nightborne were as I mentioned divisive for joining one faction over the other, and Void Elves were actually stated to be Elves that didn't fall into the whole For the Horde stuff, and High Elves were part of The Alliance anyway

And as for Blood Elves fitting on the Horde because they "have a dark side" 1)how would that have stopped them from rejoining the Alliance 2)honestly that dark side would have made Alliance more interesting and 3) that dark side hardly even lasted past the Expansion they were introduced in
    Last edited by Psykho; 2021-10-15 at 03:34 PM.

It's a Kul'tiran model, there literally is no completed gladiator model because 1) if there was one it would see more use than a random mob of zero significance and 2) seriously I check both here and on wowhead for new models every time a new patch is on the horizon I think I would have noticed if their was a model like what your convinced exists
    We need someone with a model viewer that can strip the armor off of it. Nonetheless, it shows how it can either use the Ogre or the Kul Tiran skeleton.

There are no Gladiators in the House of Rituals, their all skeletons and liches and while yes they could fit the theme of Death Knight abilities, from a lore perspective it's probably impossible for them to be true Death Knights
    There's no need to. They are all part of Maldraxxus and its various themes.
    Forsaken can be Death Knights. There's no reason why Maldraxxi ones can't be.

Yes their not Ogres but honestly while you could have both them and ogres on the same faction with no problem, we kind of have to ask ourselves, are Gladiators even the best choice to represent Maldraxxus, seems like examples of Gladiators outside the House of the Chosen is low, the Skeletons however if Blizz put a little imagination in making it so they can where armor with out having holes literally everywhere they would make an excellent addition that add something a bit more unique than Gladiators
    Well, i didn't choose them. Blizzard did. In the beginning, i thought they were aiming for the Necromancers. But, only the Gladiators have a female counterpart.
    The problem with skeletons is that they don't have genders.

Okay I have to agree with you on this point, even if a couple of those Allied races had some divisiveness in what faction they joined, I remember what it was like when Nightborne joined Horde, you could say they kind of had that conversation between Thallysrya and Tyrande shoved in to justify it, though some people felt it was a half assed justification
    Well, they fit very well with the Blood elves, as per their shared culture and strife. And, although the Night elves did shun arcane magic, they accepted the Highborne back into their society. So, it's a mixed bag.

Yes but only Horde had positive interaction with the Vulpera, seeing as the extent of Alliance interaction was burning their caravans for tranporting supplies for the horde, Nightborne were as I mentioned divisive for joining one faction over the other, and Void Elves were actually stated to be Elves that didn't fall into the whole For the Horde stuff, and High Elves were part of The Alliance anyway
    That's the thing. They come up with scenarios to justify it, like the Burning of the Vulperas' caravans, which was kinda out of left field if you ask me...
    Same as with Void elves. They can just write new stuff that explains it.

And as for Blood Elves fitting on the Horde because they "have a dark side" 1)how would that have stopped them from rejoining the Alliance 2)honestly that dark side would have made Alliance more interesting and 3) that dark side hardly even lasted past the Expansion they were introduced in
    1) I think High elves had a problem with that foul magic addiction that made them tap into demonic sources. But, after the Sunwell's redemption, there was really no reason for them to not rejoin the Alliance. Only Jaina's actions in Dalaran prevented it from happening. I still believe they fit more in the Alliance, aesthetically.
    2) You've got "dark side making the Alliance more interesting" with the Void elves.
    3) True. That's why Kael'thas needs to return. He represented the true Blood elf nature.

It's incredibly odd how you think those Gladiators will actually become playable when the original hints towards it were all based on a datamine that was utterly debunked as Covenant UI test material.

Everything being discussed after that is literally talking about an NPC skeleton that was never meant to be playable and trying to pass it off as a potential new class. The whole point is that there's no indication that the Ogre or Gladiator skeleton is usable as a Player Character at all, and to point out that all the 'hints' that existed were thoroughly old datamine information that was not relevant to new Allied or Player classes whatsoever. Continuing on that point and saying that fans need to use a model viewer to strip off the armor to show that it can work has nothing to do with Blizzard choosing them to be playable.

I could take a Quillboar model and adapt it to an Orc skeleton pretty easily, but it doesn't make Quillboar any more likely to be playable just because it's possible for me to re-rig it to an Orc. Hell, I do this all the time for WC3 modding. Any model can be adapted to any skeleton. The question is whether Blizzard intends to or not.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-10-15 at 05:26 PM.