Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Factician View Post
    You'd have to go around deciding for yourself.

/console overrideArchive 1
    /console overrideArchive 0

It's as simple as that. 1 to turn on, 0 to turn off. Requires a client restart and that's it. Also works on Classic WoW. The best thing about me checking this out was what AV battles looked like:

Skeletons are replaced by little gravestones. It would look like a graveyard sometimes.
    lol that's fucking pathetic man
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's listed as one of the regulations and wasn't disputed by the Chinese speaker in the that reddit thread, so it sounds to be true.

Thats the one i read, my question comes from it might not cover remakes.
    Reskin is probably asset flips and stuff like chinese devs cloning other games like that wow clone on mobile or arena of valor and lol. So it makes sense in that regard when it just means "stop cloning others to steal success", Rerelease is more difficult, some mmos did re-release same game no changes. WoW classic might count under this but d2 remake is a new game so might be exempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd have to go around deciding for yourself.

/console overrideArchive 1
    /console overrideArchive 0

It's as simple as that. 1 to turn on, 0 to turn off. Requires a client restart and that's it. Also works on Classic WoW. The best thing about me checking this out was what AV battles looked like:

Skeletons are replaced by little gravestones. It would look like a graveyard sometimes.
    Just wanna add one of my favorite screenshots from Chinese servers.

... Nw, back at it. China has its own version of WoW if people didn't know, I've stated this before. Said version has a different crew re-touching up to fit the rules from the government of China.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Lmao, that's awesome.

If they're making woke changes to the game they can't bow down to China, they can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I can't imagine Blizzard giving up chasing after those China bucks.
    What Chinese bucks? If people aren't allowed to play more than 2 hours you honestly expect them to pay a monthly subscription? If anything this is removing their chinese playerbase almost entirely. Let Blizzard focus on the west again. It's where the money is at at this point.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    What Chinese bucks? If people aren't allowed to play more than 2 hours you honestly expect them to pay a monthly subscription? If anything this is removing their chinese playerbase almost entirely. Let Blizzard focus on the west again. It's where the money is at at this point.
    there is no monthly sub in china they pay per how long they play and there is already a soft cap at 3 hours.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    No doubt there is two versions of the game. This much is absolutely true. But you have to ask yourself this. Would it be cheaper to just kind of not make things "offensive" to China in the original game so you do not have to change / edit it to be "non offensive" in China later? Before a lot of it was just a few graphical changes. Don't have bones. Etc. Really not sweeping narrative changes.

At the same time I look at the new Chinese criteria and I see it almost as impossible for anything to get in. It almost has to be Chinese propaganda to make the cut. For some reason the Chinese aren't just outlawing video games outright for some reason but instead making it almost impossible for them to function within the country legally. Sadly I believe we will see the western companies bend as far as possible to appease the CCP because if they lose that market their investors are going to shit a brick. Even though I think the market is already lost to them. If this round of regulations doesn't end it they will only increase them to make it harder. So I guess the question is how much of their western market do they want to ditch before they realize it is a lost cause over there. Probably a lot. Sadly.
    No you don't. Since they've been doing it for over 10 years, Blizzard feels it is worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    serious question, why would blizzard still pander to China, when they recently passed law, that limits people to playing no more than 3 hrs per week? and 1 hour for those under 18, only on fridays, public holidays and weekends?
    It's still a huge market. It's money on the table. Of course they won't walk away. Still too early to do that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    there is no monthly sub in china they pay per how long they play and there is already a soft cap at 3 hours.
    Players in China pay for game time in 30,90 and 180 day increments.

Here's the page for purchasing game time in China:

https://shop.battlenet.com.cn/zh-cn/...t-game-time-cn

Here's the page for US:

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...t-subscription

The change to their payment model was made over 5 years ago. You could do a little research instead of relying on information that's over half a decade old.

Oh the double standards. Well Blizzard can just change the "evil" shit they have in to mirror what China does in RL and see if that passes their screening. Wouldn't that just be fun.

This is really simple you just change the quest text to make the sides in chinese wow morally equivalent or remove the evil choice for china. Idk its really simple tbh and they redo all the undead models and that takes more time than changing quest text.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Players in China pay for game time in 30,90 and 180 day increments.

Here's the page for purchasing game time in China:

https://shop.battlenet.com.cn/zh-cn/...t-game-time-cn

Here's the page for US:

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...t-subscription

The change to their payment model was made over 5 years ago. You could do a little research instead of relying on information that's over half a decade old.
    Ah so they did, the more you know.

One of the things that were listed on that mandate is that LGBTQ additions in their games would likely not be approved either, same with gender non-binary. Blizz staff has pushed and are composed of individuals that (seemingly) heavily support diverse groups, such as the LGBTQ community. While it's easy to just change that Mathias Shaw and Flynn are just really good buddies in the Chinese version, doesn't it seem very hypocritical to push one social agenda in the West and the direct opposite in the East?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    ...doesn't it seem very hypocritical to push one social agenda in the West and the direct opposite in the East?
    China imposing their own standards on companies that want to do business there does not make those companies hypocritical. If true, then nearly every media company doing business in China is guilty of the same thing. Books, movies, games, practically anything else you can imagine, are often released in different versions in different countries, especially China. Blizzard is guilty of wanting to be profitable. Stockholders in Activision would not accept anything less nor should they.

One can easily accept that the game they develop in the U.S. for U.S. customers is their preferred version since that's the version that most of the world sees.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

One of the things that were listed on that mandate is that LGBTQ additions in their games would likely not be approved either, same with gender non-binary. Blizz staff has pushed and are composed of individuals that (seemingly) heavily support diverse groups, such as the LGBTQ community. While it's easy to just change that Mathias Shaw and Flynn are just really good buddies in the Chinese version, doesn't it seem very hypocritical to push one social agenda in the West and the direct opposite in the East?
    Very. I'd lose what little respect I had left for them in an instant. It's really bad that they're using our game to push a social agenda in the first place but if all that goes out the window as soon as there's money involved they can seriously go fuck themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    China imposing their own standards on companies that want to do business there does not make those companies hypocritical. If true, then nearly every media company doing business in China is guilty of the same thing. Books, movies, games, practically anything else you can imagine, are often released in different versions in different countries, especially China. Blizzard is guilty of wanting to be profitable. Stockholders in Activision would not accept anything less nor should they.

One can easily accept that the game they develop in the U.S. for U.S. customers is their preferred version since that's the version that most of the world sees.
    Fair point. However, do you feel that other businesses doing the same thing actually negate that Blizzard are actually hypocrites in this regard, or rather, that these other companies too, much like Blizzard, are also guilty of the same thing? Do note that, even if inclusive, many of these companies, unlike Blizzard, did not use it for promotion purposes. They treat it like normal, as inclusivity should be. Blizzard, on the other hand, wears it like a badge of honor or a signal of virtue. So, how moral is it to fool a group of people into believing in their seemingly similar ideals, when behind their back, in hopes they don't hear about it, they would strike them away at a moment's notice? I believe attention should be paid to both sides, not whichever one makes them the most money regardless of location.

Bet you havent seen this yet:

10+ Year Old Account
    They're gonna have to turn the quests into fruit too, just to be safe

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    Bet you havent seen this yet:

No, I haven't. I love it.