Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    They didn't hijack anything, they were hired and trained by older Blizzard staff who then went on to retire. On top of that let's not forget that it was the "old guard" who started this process by doing stuff like covering Sylvanas's midriff and other terrible crimes.
    They weren't trained else the game wouldn't be in this mess right now.

Most of the comments here about gameplay holds water. We've ignored all these things because the gameplay and story from the past was enough for us to close an eye and not see the problems that exists.

These things are surfacing because the game is stale, like literally grey all over. The ugly parts are coming out and until 10.0 is announced, there's nothing to distract us from the dirt hiding under the carpet all this while.

The people who used to run the show have problems. Presently the game itself has problems. I'm not going to conflate both issues together. They are separate issues and they will need to both clean house and make the game better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It was always their game.
    The game we loved was a game made by a different team with a different mindset. This is an important nuance.

If you support the devs of games, please be aware that we also have opinions on inclusion in our games.
    Some of us do not care about their identity politics crap. I personally do not support them. I want them fired. I can not tolerate incompetence. If I as a software developer consistently fucked the speed/efficiency of our software, I'd be fired by now.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2021-10-03 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It was always their game.
    Haha it will never be YOUR game because you are on the same side as them. People are sick and tired of your culture war being present in everything these days.

I don't recognise these shit devs. It's not their game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    Most of the comments here about gameplay holds water. We've ignored all these things because the gameplay and story from the past was enough for us to close an eye and not see the problems that exists.

These things are surfacing because the game is stale, like literally grey all over. The ugly parts are coming out and until 10.0 is announced, there's nothing to distract us from the dirt hiding under the carpet all this while.

The people who used to run the show have problems. Presently the game itself has problems. I'm not going to conflate both issues together. They are separate issues and they will need to both clean house and make the game better.
    There's not a problem with dick jokes. There's no dirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Haha it will never be YOUR game because you are on the same side as them. People are sick and tired of your culture war being present in everything these days.

I don't recognise these shit devs. It's not their game.
    I mean I play this game for what... 16 years now?

Yeah, guess what - I could not give a fuck about some random painting I never even knew existed or some NPC names from 5 expansions ago. I play this game for 16 years for its raiding and social aspect of guilds - I know exactly what I want of this game and I do get it and it's fine.

I was not jacking off to "concubine" NPCs in TBC when I was late teen and most certainly I'm not going heartbroken of them not being named that there now.

Going OoOOOoOOooooOOo about shit that does not concern me in slightest? Yeah... That's like somewhere down at the 7541th line in my "shit to care about" list.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    I find myself as a centrist slightly leaning towards left, and this is exactly why I can't indentify myself completely with the left - due to extremism like this. Different side of the fence, but this same aggressiveness, "my way is the only right one", "if you don't agree with me you're a monster".
    The anti-vaxxers on the right are pushing me back towards the center a little bit, although the delusion on the left is even worse. It didn't take me very long to go through the Twitter profiles of current and former employees to realize that Blizzard is an echo chamber of far-left extremism.

7+ Year Old Account
    Man threads like these make me feel like i have dementia

Wernt we only a couple weeks ago demanding blizzard listen to the employees demands
    but now suddenly we are demanding the devs shut the fuck up, and blizzard to not listen to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Coolface330 View Post
    Ignoring the tiny molecules of garbage is part of society's ignorance.

Smells are the modern equivalant of fantasy "Auras". Everything exhibits a 'smell', or an aura of tiny molecules that exhibit your scent. Smell and taste are practically the same. You smell shit all day? You might as well be tasting shit.

Most people don't talk about smells because they like how stupid people act guilty. The source of smells can paint pictures of evidence. Food exhibits aura of smells. You walk by a resturaunt, you get covered in an 'aura' of smell. You walk a mile away. And now your clothes smell. As if those tiny molecules dug deep into your clothes and you're still tasting it.

But it's not just smell they fuck up. Sight has touch like properties. Video games joke "they know if you see them." but what about us? "I feel like someone is watching me." They claim as if they felt the touch of sight upon them.

I even go back to looking at sound, in its most primal form, you drop an object, it exhibits a shockwave, your ears pick up that shockwave, and it translates into sound. Basic. To advanced, Music and communication to your ears.

As a Lactose Intolerant, obsessing about smell, and wondering why I'm getting sick for smelling pizza when I never even took a bite. People don't wanna go through that level. They rather tell someone its all in their head, feeling sick from smelling something...Then actually setting up an enviroment where the smell is under complete control.
    I dont know what I just read but pls give me some of what you're smoking

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Wernt we only a couple weeks ago demanding blizzard listen to the employees demands
    but now suddenly we are demanding the devs shut the fuck up, and blizzard to not listen to them?
    People demanded that ActiBlizz addresses real problems, such as harassment at workplace, etc. Not removing boobs composed of 120 pixels on a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    People demanded that ActiBlizz addresses real problems, such as harassment at workplace, etc. Not removing boobs composed of 120 pixels on a video game.
    Words like "People" and "real problems" are such a meme on these forums. Try "I" and "my pet peeve and personal agenda" instead, would be much more suitable.

This is really killing my hope for the future of the game, I don't want a sanitized product, I like some sexy, some dick jokes, some immature humor. What a strange bunch these devs....

Do anyone even expect to see any of these devs saying otherwise?
    Of course not and their 'my opinion is my own not Blizzard' does not change it in any way.
    Funny enough almost all of these people form OP's post use anime/cartoon/furry as main picture (LOL) instead showing their faces on Twitter.
    'She/them' statements or flags are 'totally normal' today so won't even mention it...
    If there is a dev saying total oposite he/she would be fired immidietly as racist, homophobe or at least 'not progressvive enough for our standards'.

Man... i am so sad what happened with this company past few years.
    I just wanted to finish TBCC content and quit forever ANY of their games... but somethig tells me it will happen much sooner.

Were the devs publicly demanding to make pointless changes to quest titles or NPC/item names or to replace women with bowls of fruit? I don't think they were, because if they had been I'm pretty sure the community would have said something about that.

I mean if that is the case then that simply shows where their priorities are and what we can expect in the future.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

What can you expect when you're payed a salary worse than what the homeless make. You're not gonna get talent that's for sure.

Look, I'm alright with these devs being twitter warriors but please, keep that shit there and out of the game. I don't want to fucking see it. It's why I fucking avoid social media.

Something here feels a little fishy, how can a company be half sex pests and half land whale twitter warriors? I'm trying to imagine the company culture where these 2 things coexist. I guess the sex pests got removed with legion, and the whale brigade ran the game from BFA onwards? I'm not defending the sex pests here, fuck them, but I just find it strange..

Imagine going to a party, and you have a group of sex pests and the rest are twitter whales, what even happens at that part? This feels a bit like that thought experiment where you put a buttered sandwich on a cat for infinite energy

This sure doesn’t look like WoW will have a bright future ahead. More and more people will just continue leaving and the woke crowd won’t be there to replace them, they just want to get everything cancelled and then move on to the next thing. Should have just ended WoW with Legion and make another game with this whole new dev team, I doubt that it would be a game I’d be interested into.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Except they are, by listening to their developers that want these things changed to make the work place more accepting, and to not support inappropriate talk at the work place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Were the devs publicly demanding to make pointless changes to quest titles or NPC/item names or to replace women with bowls of fruit? I don't think they were, because if they had been I'm pretty sure the community would have said something about that.
    Yes, yes they are and were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Something here feels a little fishy, how can a company be half sex pests and half land whale twitter warriors? I'm trying to imagine the company culture where these 2 things coexist. I guess the sex pests got removed with legion, and the whale brigade ran the game from BFA onwards? I'm not defending the sex pests here, fuck them, but I just find it strange..

Imagine going to a party, and you have a group of sex pests and the rest are twitter whales, what even happens at that part? This feels a bit like that thought experiment where you put a buttered sandwich on a cat for infinite energy
    I mean the solution is obvious. The sex pests were a small part, the blue-haired landwhales weren't the target of the sex pests and the ever so slightly biggest chunk of them is probably just normies. Now the show is just run by the landwhales.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I mean I wasn't... I remain consistent in telling them to stop fucking up their game with progression system they are to stupid to implement correctly.

I am the stone along the riverbed unchanging and unmoving.