Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    you always couldn't do this even with males
    No, I mean literally you can't remove the EQUIPED pants from them anymore, not the underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    No, I mean literally you can't remove the EQUIPED pants from them anymore, not the underwear.
    Who is them? The player charcters? NPCs?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do they insist on removing fun from the game

10+ Year Old Account
    I just went through most of the playable races on the PTR and it seems they have removed approximately 40-50% of ALL joke and flirt voice lines from the game, leaving female dwarves and male trolls among the worst to get hit by this with only 2 silly voice line remaining for each.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I sorta blame the people who decided to spam emotes at other players for making choices of their own.
    So instead of adding spam protection, like limiting use of a single emote once per 10 second, they remove it and many more... Thank you Blizzard!

Good thing I'm unsubbed right now, and each of this stupid changes slowly tip down "never sub again bowl" on my imaginary scales. My guess is by the release of 10.0 this game will be so streamlined and dumbed down, it will lose all remaining appeal it had.

As long as we can /e "whatever we want" who cares?
    I supose that the playerbase has no idea what some of this emotes meant internally in Blizzard. That might be why they remove them, not because of players, but because of what it meant for them to be in the game. It is not hard to imagine that the same people who when drunk went cubecrawling arround could set some emote in their game in reference of any of they abusive practices for the lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Who is them? The player charcters? NPCs?
    Player characters. There was this video on one of the discord channels showing some guy unequipping his female dark iron dwarf, but when he's about to remove pants, a window pops up saying: "Removing this item is prohibited on female characters."

So now I'm here asking, for anyone who's on PTR if any of this is true.

Player characters. There was this video on one of the discord channels showing some guy unequipping his female dark iron dwarf, but when he's about to remove pants, a window pops up saying: "Removing this item is prohibited on female characters."

Sounds fake as fuck, because if that was the case you'd be seeing headlines about it. They also wouldn't have specified it to be females only.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Jesus, it’s like talking to a rock…

There’s nothing difficult to grasp about using words/emotes out of their intended context. What I clearly said was that it’s IRRELEVANT.

Your context doesn’t matter because Blizzard didn’t add the /spit emote thinking “lol kids are going to have so much fun spitting on their buddies for laughs”. They added it at a time when their devs thought it was cool to really push faction animosity both in and out of the game. They’re not so big on that now and have come to the (correct) conclusion that including emotes that were specifically designed to be antagonistic is not a good thing for the game.

Again, the fact that you and your fiends use it as a joke DOESN’T MATTER. It’s not a hard concept to grasp, it just DOESN’T MATTER.
    Context doesn't matter? Really? You know killing someone is bad IRL too?

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    They also wouldn't have specified it to be females only.
    You really wanna bet on that one considering the current state?

You really wanna bet on that one considering the current state?
    They wouldn't give you a popup saying it's only women affected. They'd have used a neutral phrase, because that is maxium corporate wriggle room and possible deniability.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Blizzard (and some players): "Taking /fart and /spit out is okay because such behavior does not reflect our values."

And now, some quests where you physically torture people and make them scream.

BONUS EDIT: "Go beat the slaves."

Slavery? Fine.

Beating slaves? Fine.

Farting? UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR and MORALLY REPUGNANT.
    this and there's a few quests which suggest rape and physical domestic abuse in the game such as the TBC quests referring to the Draenei and Orcs and Garona Halforcen's lore. These people are selectively ignorant as selective ignorance can be.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    I guess Blizzard just loves creating more controversy around themselves. First they just can't keep the quality up, then we have the rape fest reveal, and now they pander to a minority of players or maybe not even people playing the game while alienating their playerbase. Keep it up Blizz
    They should hold a GDC talk about how to drive your customers away, they're doing everything right

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Do you actually have any knowledge about statistics? It really doesn't seem so.

This really isn't up to debate. You do not need to have every single account gender assigned to know the ratio. Even polls with large enough sample size would absolutely suffice.

There are many ways to determine gender, poll, payment information, account information etc. If game director says its 3:7 then it is 3:7.

Not to mention it literally in the line with other statistics: http://quanticfoundry.com/2017/01/19...mers-by-genre/
    You did not at all answer any of my questions, can you do that? Where are you getting that Square and Blizzard are finding its players gender by their payment information? My own bank and Blizzard accounts have no gender information in them.

Just screeching "you don't know about statistics!" at me over and over isn't really an argument. You are the one that stated that they (Square and Blizzard) get this information from payment information and that THAT is a good source of information. Where are you getting that?

Just checked on my lightforged draenei, I could take her pants off allright. Must be a joke. They couldnt possibly be this dense.

That it would be for female only.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Read the famitsu article (google translate is good enough to get the general idea), because they mention the gender ratios for several games and most of them are indeed male dominated. MHF(Monster Hunter Freedom) had about a 9-1 male to female ratio, DDON(Dragon's Dogma Online) was about 8-2, and FF14 was about 7-3 (with there being an exception in the Korean region, in which over women account for over 50% of the playerbase).

The interview even makes mention of the other developers in the interview being surprised by the FF14 ratio. It follows up by mentioning the PSO2 ratio, though I'm not sure which direction it is skewing in there because I'm relying on google translate to read it.

Seriously, just go read the article. https://www.famitsu.com/news/201707/...81.html?page=2

I'd recommend using Chrome to read it, since the translate option is included as part of the browser. The question about the male to female player ratio is about halfway down the article if you want to know where to look for it. Mind you the article is from 2017, DDON has shut down since then and I haven't checked for any newer numbers regarding the player ratios for the other titles listed in the interview.
    It makes no sense to me that FF14 would break this historical ratio where men outnumber women 8,9,10 to 1.

What does FF14 do that appeals to women more than other games to the point where a 9 to 1 ratio turns into 7 to 3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    It makes no sense to me that FF14 would break this historical ratio where men outnumber women 8,9,10 to 1.

What does FF14 do that appeals to women more than other games to the point where a 9 to 1 ratio turns into 7 to 3?
    Among the most relevant things in my opinion, player housing is a significant factor. Decorating their in-game house is very much an activity that I see people spend a good deal of time on in FF14 (it is why the Market Board, FF14 equivalent of an AH, has so many pieces of furniture on it). Next is outfits, FF14 has a lot of variety in aesthetic choices for customizing your wardrobe. It has more conservative styled clothing as well as more risque outfits, so there is a lot of choice available for people who enjoy spending time dressing up their characters. I think both of these aspects appeal more to women than games that have a focus on PvP or PvE as the core game content.

Coming back around to the overall game appeal: FF14 is not really marketed for hardcore gamers, it is marketed for more casual and story oriented players. The base GCD being 2.5 seconds I think actually helps the game in weeding out gamers who have more impatient temperaments, and in my experience male gamers do trend to being significantly more impatient than female gamers. The overall tone of the in-game community is more relaxed because of the stricter community standards. You know if someone starts being bigoted they are going to get banned for that behavior, and those bans often come quickly.

Lastly there is the strict community policies of FF14, their moderation is significantly stricter than that of most MMORPGs I've played. I don't recall seeing anyone ever making sexist remarks in public chat channels over the year or so I spent playing FF14. It isn't that it doesn't happen at all, it is that people who do it get banned very quickly and the community has very low tolerance for bigoted behavior. Half of the shit I've seen in a single run of LFR in WoW would be sufficient for those players to get banned in FF14, while there little to no consequence to them in WoW.

Mind you, this isn't even close to an exhaustive list, these are just some of the things that I think are among the most relevant factors in it having a wider appeal to female gamers.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-10-03 at 09:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Simply offering more than dick measuring as endgame content?

3+ Year Old Account

I can't speak from personal experience, as I've never touched FF14, but it's worth noting that in the gaming sphere, women tend to favor more casual/cooperative aspects of gameplay and are less likely to be involved with more competitive aspects. If memory serves me right, in WoW's case, RP servers have higher female populations than PvE/PvP servers, and in general, it seems like higher-end raiding guilds and PvP teams have less of said population. Additionally, casual-oriented mobile games are famous for having high-portion female bases Obviously, there are exceptions to the rule, and one could theoretically argue about social factors playing in, but as it stands, it seems like the divide between casual and hardcore is, in itself, largely a gap between the sexes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    Context doesn't matter? Really? You know killing someone is bad IRL too?
    You probably thought you were being clever, but you clearly overlooked the INTENDED context part. But hey, this actually helps further support my point.

People who claim that violent video games incite real life violence are putting their own context over the intent of the developers (exactly what Kaminaris is doing). Are you arguing that the context they view these video games through should supersede the intent of the video game creators? I'm gonna guess your answer would be no. For that same reason, the humorous context that Kaminaris uses for certain emotes doesn't supersede the intent Blizzard had when they put those emotes in the game. If Blizzard wants to do away with emotes that were designed to be insulting and negative, people who argue "but I only used those emotes to joke around" don't really matter.