Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Something here feels a little fishy, how can a company be half sex pests and half land whale twitter warriors? I'm trying to imagine the company culture where these 2 things coexist. I guess the sex pests got removed with legion, and the whale brigade ran the game from BFA onwards? I'm not defending the sex pests here, fuck them, but I just find it strange..

Imagine going to a party, and you have a group of sex pests and the rest are twitter whales, what even happens at that part? This feels a bit like that thought experiment where you put a buttered sandwich on a cat for infinite energy
    I would also be confused if I was trying to imagine a fantasy situation based on a diet of too much 4-Chan (or 4-Chan related web material) and ridiculous strawmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I mean the solution is obvious. The sex pests were a small part, the blue-haired landwhales weren't the target of the sex pests and the ever so slightly biggest chunk of them is probably just normies. Now the show is just run by the landwhales.
    Most sex pests disguise themselves as far left woman advocates. It's worth digging through a few cases most are cases of wolves in sheeps clothing.

Small reminder that all of those people instantly pull the trigger if you're a contractor accused of sexual harassment and will instantly scrub your contribution to the game from it.

And no, even if your accuser turns out to be a nutcase, they're not going to change their mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wernt we only a couple weeks ago demanding blizzard listen to the employees demands
    but now suddenly we are demanding the devs shut the fuck up, and blizzard to not listen to them?
    How about real issues such as Equal pay, forced Arbitration and whatnot?
    You know, elements that visibly improves the situation of employees?

Corporate doesn't care about those changes, about losing a bit of control over the employees, they sure do.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-10-03 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I mean the solution is obvious. The sex pests were a small part, the blue-haired landwhales weren't the target of the sex pests and the ever so slightly biggest chunk of them is probably just normies. Now the show is just run by the landwhales.
    You'd think so, but sex pests and land whales are like polar opposites, it'd be like your freezer having both ice and lava in it. It can't exist for very long in the same space.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I mean... Obviously the developers of the game are behind the changes... In other news; water is wet.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I mean... Obviously the developers of the game are behind the changes... In other news; water is wet.
    Thanks for pointing out the obvious. But there's no need to act so obtuse about it.

I have doubts, i believe it's an PR firm auditing the game for changes, Wirt's 3rd leg is not a dick joke as it's literally his third leg (second was in WC3) yet got removed, it's also possible these younger devs didn't play D2 & WC3 to get the reference, which wouldn't be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I would also be confused if I was trying to imagine a fantasy situation based on a diet of too much 4-Chan (or 4-Chan related web material) and ridiculous strawmen.
    I'd be really confused if I didn't understand humor and then read some, thinking it was a scientific analysis.

Also, I've never been on 4 chan even once in my life, also, your dead rabbit is triggering me, remove it, you are being offensive, and I'm a woman, and a POC so you are shit out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, yes they are and were.
    Can you point me to one specific example of them doing that, i.e. a dev explicitly saying they want to change the names of 'problematic' quest titles/item names/fruit bowls etc from before they started doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    You'd think so, but sex pests and land whales are like polar opposites, it'd be like your freezer having both ice and lava in it. It can't exist for very long in the same space.
    Nah they run in the same circles. The sex pests know the easiest way to get what they want is to claim to be an ally then gas light.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nah, this forum was filled with people crying about the changes being dictated by management for PR purposes. Now devs have come out saying they asked for the changes the same people are crying about blue-haired strawmen "infiltrating" Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinglong View Post
    I have doubts, i believe it's an PR firm auditing the game for changes, Wirt's 3rd leg is not a dick joke as it's literally his third leg (second was in WC3) yet got removed, it's also possible these younger devs didn't play D2 & WC3 to get the reference, which wouldn't be surprising.
    You need to look up the phrase "double entendre."

I'm very much pro-inclusivity changes. Games should be inclusive (though not at the cost of quality). I don't have particularly strong feelings on the changes made, but the devs are deluding themselves, if they think the tiny changes (fairly arbitary ones) are inclusivity changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Nah, this forum was filled with people crying about the changes being dictated by management for PR purposes. Now devs have come out saying they asked for the changes the same people are crying about blue-haired strawmen "infiltrating" Blizzard.
    I mean they are not wrong either I've taken a glance at what the people cheering these changes on look like.

I would like to go back to early gaming culture myself perhaps china will get us back on track... that or japan will make harder mmos whatever comes first.

3+ Year Old Account
    They flat-out admitted in the Bluepost from the other day that the censorship was 100% an internal decision.

In early August, we set up internal channels where the WoW team could share feedback on content that doesn't represent who we are as a team today. [...] our internal feedback identified some in-game content that is inconsistent with our goal of building an inclusive and welcoming game world.
    While yes, the game is technically the creation of the current devs, as is the case of an ever-changing world, is it entirely reasonable for players to critique their decisions, or vote with their wallets. The fact that the devs can't seem to wrap their minds around the criticisms of their decisions is yet another example of developer-player disconnect.

Actually, now that I think of it, have ANY of the current devs spoken out against the existence of these changes? I can only think of one former dev (Kern) that's been critical of this sort of thing. I'd wager no offhandedly, given that anyone against such changes would have to keep their head down on the matter, lest they lose their job, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Christ, it's all people with pronouns in their bios and people wonder why the game is in such a shit state.
    Maybe hire actual professionals outside of Cali instead of all these Twitter activists if you want to make a good product, clearly they don't know what the fuck they're doing as this was never a problem in the past until they hired way too many back a few years ago.

Yikes dude, the devs need to sit down, make a good fucking product and get off Twitter. Should be company policy for devs not to have public twitter accounts.
    Pathetic.
    You nailed it.

Eh let them do what they want. Won't be playing a Blizzard game again any how. The US has gone back to being puritans... which is being reflected in their changes, and as a company, in an incredibly nauseous condescending way.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-10-03 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Most of the tweets are so delusional and detached from reality that I think I'll just never return to this game if these particular devs are behind the game's production.

Especially this:

is like, I don't know.

I find myself as a centrist slightly leaning towards left, and this is exactly why I can't indentify myself completely with the left - due to extremism like this. Different side of the fence, but this same aggressiveness, "my way is the only right one", "if you don't agree with me you're a monster".

Interesting how such an extreme shift in their ideology changed overnight. Such changes, to seem genuine, should be spread out over time and not turn from one extreme to another in a blind of an eye. And one more thing: you must be... silly... to believe these changed were always wanted by the devs, but they just weren't allowed to implement them. Yes I'm sure those poor devs always wanted to add a male sexy demon or ban the word consort, but the evil company blizzard forbode it.
    Yeah I'd consider myself pretty solidly left and I find these changes extremely silly. A few changes to names and words here and there are whatever, but the idea of censoring "consort" which has virtually no innately sexual connotation in a medieval setting is hilarious.

I would say the common opinion of a lot of the more sensible people on the left is that expression of sexuality needs to be accepted and not shamed if someone of any gender wants to do it, and yes, that includes in a fictional universe. The idea that an orc with absurd muscles can run around shirtless and nips out is completely fine for box art of an expansion, while a woman with a plunging neckline is too obscene or "sexual" is laughable. A woman can wear revealing clothes to show confidence just like how a man shirtless in a loincloth charging into battle is seen as confident (or reckless).

It's funny that I can see these changes actually aging much worse than a few potty-mouth jokes and sexual innuendos ever could. This is a mind disease brought on by a puritanical mindset about the female body being pushed by people too dense to realize that they're actively pushing for the denial of women's rights.
    Last edited by Irian; 2021-10-03 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Christ, it's all people with pronouns in their bios and people wonder why the game is in such a shit state.
    I received an infraction for mentioning that particular thing about Twitter, just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I received an infraction for mentioning that particular thing about Twitter, just FYI.
    Yeah this place kind of lives in the past... just call them " those who can not be named" like Harry Potter. Everyone knows what your talking about but gets the jannies off your back.

1. they arent developers, they are artists
    2. they all have pronouns listed in their twitters, these are the lowest tier of social media junkies
    3. they are lying, there is no way that these virtue signaling changes are independant of anything happening in relation to blizzards lawsuit, there is no such thing as coincidence.