Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard's "Get-Woke? Go Broke!" problem

Blizzard is currently trapped in a "Get-Woke? Go Broke!" situation.

A More in-depth definition of "Get-Woke? Go Broke!": Not giving customers what they want and rightfully expect from your product, in order to appease an agenda or 'Social-justice' movement. Resulting in a natural loss of sales and profit, that increases progressively overtime. As more and more customers move on and seek out products from a competitor that meet their needs instead.

The ongoing desexualization of their games is cringe and is dividing their communities even further.
    Last edited by Hyrja; 2021-10-03 at 10:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't put your own political agenda slogans where they don't belong.

I'm far from "woke" myself, but pushing this shit is about as pathetic as the whole woman -> fruit thing.

It would be nice to see companies appeal to their audiences rather then lecturing them but it seems the current trend atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Don't put your own political agenda slogans where they don't belong.

I'm far from "woke" myself, but pushing this shit is about as pathetic as the whole woman -> fruit thing.
    Funny how you're still continuously defending Blizzard when their entire company is a leftist echochamber full with cronyism.

This kind of mindset isn't only the fault of left or "woke" mentality, America has a seeping disease of idiocy where women as a whole expressing any level of sexuality is seen as indecent or inappropriate. The depressing irony of the situation is that these people who think they're advocating for a more inclusive WoW are doing the literal exact opposite and they don't even realize it.

These morons are to the left what Flat Earthers are to the right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Funny how you're still continuously defending Blizzard when their entire company is a leftist echochamber full with cronyism.
    Me "continually defending" hahaha...

Roll like 30 posts back and see me hammer them for the whole 9.1 shitty story and Korthia being dogshit.

It's more like - I have my own mind and not driven by some shitty echo-chamber "us vs them" agendas (on the either side, by the way). There are more than enough real issues in WoW to raise. This shitty nitpicking over some picture or NPC name? That is your issue? Haha... dayum, of all complaints I seen over these years - this one takes the cake in mountains out of molehills department.

Gaidax the lefty... dayum - if OT forum would hear it, 30% of them would die of laughter instantly.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-10-03 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Blizzard is currently trapped in a "Get-Woke? Go Broke!" situation.

A More in-depth definition of "Get-Woke? Go Broke!": Not giving customers what they want and rightfully expect from your product, in order to appease an agenda or 'Social-justice' movement. Resulting in a natural loss of sales and profit, that increases progressively overtime. As more and more customers move on and seek out products from a competitor that meet their needs instead.

The ongoing desexualization of their games is cringe and is dividing their communities even further.
    Its more like the fact, the player base does not give a fuck about these things and generally the same goes for the 99% of any games player base.

Its not exactly a "Get woke, go broke" thats happening to Blizzard, but more like irrelevant stupid stuff to appease and lower the focus from the company.

Especially since it seems its some sort of "revenge" from the new gen devs to the older devs as those twitter posts point out.

In reality its all about the negative press, no one really gives a fuck, but they have to pretend they do.

Eventually they will learn when another movie will not make any money cause they are pushing feminazi propaganda or similar stuff, but whats happening to WoW atm, isnt that, its literally an irrelevant "Revenge story", like anyone gives a rats ass if some NPC is no longer called McRee or Afrasiabi or w/e his name is.

Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    It would be nice to see companies appeal to their audiences rather then lecturing them but it seems the current trend atm.
    Just western, primarily American, companies mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Just western, primarily American, companies mostly.
    I suppose so but I can't get into many Japanese manga or anime.

Yeah, the sole reason they're under investigation is because they have been "woke" all the time.

Companies are unfortunatley driven by twitter and facebook trends, not necessarily their fanbases, and this means they'll listen to any outrage that twitter/facebook has but not what the fans actually want them to do.

And its frustrating.

Really, they should spend less time on big media looking for reasons to care about things nobody else actually does, and focus on giving care to the things they should be, like the absoletuley laughable $18Mil settlement for damages they did which is pathetic.

This "pandering" right now is damage control, anyone that believes otherwise or defends it, has a problem in that they're failing to see this isnt new.

Remember Real ID?

This isnt the first time blizzard has come up with terrible ideas nobody wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Companies are unfortunatley driven by twitter and facebook trends, not necessarily their fanbases, and this means they'll listen to any outrage that twitter/facebook has but not what the fans actually want them to do.

And its frustrating.

Really, they should spend less time on big media looking for reasons to care about things nobody else actually does, and focus on giving care to the things they should be, like the absoletuley laughable $18Mil settlement for damages they did which is pathetic.

This "pandering" right now is damage control, anyone that believes otherwise or defends it, has a problem in that they're failing to see this isnt new.

Remember Real ID?

This isnt the first time blizzard has come up with terrible ideas nobody wanted.
    Aye... I'll never understand companies that listen to people that aren't even their customers to begin with.

It's like a vegan going to KFC and complaining, and KFC listens to that vegan to take chicken off the menu. Why annoy the majority of customers to adhere to complaint of this non-customer?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-10-03 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Especially since it seems its some sort of "revenge" from the new gen devs to the older devs as those twitter posts point out.
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    but whats happening to WoW atm, isnt that, its literally an irrelevant "Revenge story", like anyone gives a rats ass if some NPC is no longer called McRee or Afrasiabi or w/e his name is.
    Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomer View Post
    Wait what?
    There is a thread on here about it, basically a copy/paste from reddit about the twitter a dev, claiming all these SJW changes are what the devs really want and has nothing to do with SJW, bla bla bla, you can find it if you search for 10 seconds.

Its both an appease on all 3 fronts, like it matters if a painting from 17 years ago get changed to a fruit, now every sexually harassed female is free of that..What?

Makes me wonder if someone can name a single time that this dumbass phrase was actually true.

Remember Real ID?

A perfect example of the complete lack of perspective people have when they get swept up in this sensationalist nonsense. Displaying people's real names on the forums was legitimately a situation where there was massive (arguably justifiable) backlash to a decision that had the potential to negatively impact people outside the game. Changing some in-game names and textures...not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Aye... I'll never understand companies that listen to people that aren't even their customers to begin with.

It's like a vegan going to KFC and complaining, and KFC listens to that vegan to take chicken off the menu. Why annoy the majority of customers to adhere to complaint of this non-customer?
    Newsflash, KFC offers vegetarian and vegan options in many parts of the world. They don’t take chicken off the menu. They add to it…

Damn, when will these straight guys finally get it all their own way?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Newsflash, KFC offers vegetarian and vegan options in many parts of the world. They don’t take chicken off the menu. They add to it…
    Nah his analogy is correct. He said it would be like them removing chicken altogether, instead of supplement it.

Like idc add some dicks into wow if you want to be all inclusive n shit. I don't actually know who benefits from the wave of censoring and memory-holing. Please explain if you do....

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically they are listening to their employees not facebook/twitter. Just so happens a lot of them use twitter but I digress.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I'm sure they're fine with losing even more subs to FFXIV if it means that they can have all their women properly suppressed and covered up so that they don't invite men to sexual assault.