Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yes, actually, it is in fact wrong to oppose rectification of social injustices.
    Nope and cope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Nope and cope.
    Why 'cope'? I'm not the one raging at Blizzard owing to falling for very obvious corporate trollbait.

Rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now it’s even so shameful to tell friends about playing any Blizzard game… So shameful! Glad I haven’t paid for Blizzard since the launch of Shadowlands to support that womanising and then woke company.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by troy garland View Post
    I never said, what you claim I said, and you intentionally misrepresent my own opinion to make it sound unreasonable. I said that they are dickless cowards, because they give in to the demands of internet bullies, who are pressuring them into doing something with their game they don't actually want to do.
    I am not misrepresenting because you stated just that. You don't like the changes Blizzard is making so you are calling them cowards, saying they are giving in to internet bullies, saying no one at all at Blizzard wants these changes, and whatever else you can think of to hate just for the sake of hating. You honestly can't see why Blizzard might now have a problem with things they put in the game 14 years ago in some cases? You don't understand how the world has changed and people have grown up?

If nobody was thinking about these things and nobody had a problem with these things then what backlash did Blizzard fear? You contradict yourself. Either they feared it or no one had a problem with it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I am not misrepresenting because you stated just that. You don't like the changes Blizzard is making so you are calling them cowards, saying they are giving in to internet bullies, saying no one at all at Blizzard wants these changes, and whatever else you can think of to hate just for the sake of hating. You honestly can't see why Blizzard might now have a problem with things they put in the game 14 years ago in some cases? You don't understand how the world has changed and people have grown up?

If nobody was thinking about these things and nobody had a problem with these things then what backlash did Blizzard fear? You contradict yourself. Either they feared it or no one had a problem with it.
    People don't grow up different groups just grab hold of power for different periods. This is no different then religious censorship in the 90s.

It's the modern day burning pokemon cards because they make your child worship satan.

Why 'cope'? I'm not the one raging at Blizzard owing to falling for very obvious corporate trollbait.

Rofl.
    Cope because even here, there are plenty of people that won't fall for your fragrant weaponizing of the notion of virtue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Empower View Post
    People don't grow up different groups just grab hold of power for different periods. This is no different then religious censorship in the 90s. It's the modern day burning pokemon cards because they make your child worship satan.
    People never change? Yeah you can lie to yourself but don't try to project that lie onto the world. Things always changes. This is nothing close to religious censorship or burning Pokemon cards. It is removing or changing crude humor. Things that many see as immature. The types of things many grow out of when becoming an adult. Is it bad to stay? Not really. Is it bad to go? Not really.

To equal it to religious censorship just shows how crazy you all are taking it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

People don't grow up different groups just grab hold of power for different periods. This is no different then religious censorship in the 90s.

It's the modern day burning pokemon cards because they make your child worship satan.
    dude, this victim complex over the removal of emotes in a video game is just so absolutely fucking absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Nope and cope.
    May I recommend that you don't go on that annoying ride with the quoted person? You'll be none the wiser engaging with individuals who've set themselves up as arbiters, thinking they wield the power to brand any opposition as some form of -ism

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    May I recommend that you don't go on that annoying ride with the quoted person? You'll be none the wiser engaging with individuals who've set themselves up as arbiters, thinking they wield the power to brand any opposition as some form of -ism
    Well, that's as close to refraining from humoring them without ignoring them entirely, to be fair.

People never change? Yeah you can lie to yourself but don't try to project that lie onto the world. Things always changes. This is nothing close to religious censorship or burning Pokemon cards. It is removing or changing crude humor. Things that many see as immature. The types of things many grow out of when becoming an adult. Is it bad to stay? Not really. Is it bad to go? Not really.

To equal it to religious censorship just shows how crazy you all are taking it.
    You read my post but didn't understand it. Give it another shot really look at the wording I use.

It doesn't. A lot of them are deliberately inflammatory changes designed to rile up reactionary sentiment among players and poison actual reform - and y'all are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

As evidenced by the people who seem to believe that it's possible to be both woke and a puritan simultaneously.
    The people that even mentioned puritan anything in this thread until this post are just three people, so I doubt they prove your weird conspiracy theory. Especially since two of them didn't even talk about anything in the neighborhood of woke and the last one (the one you were probably referring to as it was less than a page earlier, unlike the other two at that were at pages 10 and 14 respectively, making it rather unlikely you randomly stumbled upon them) talked about people on the left that prove horseshoe theory right in regards to puritans. I.e. people that are explicitly not puritans themselves. Those are some high grade reading skills you're exhibiting right here.

Putting that aside, you have some weird understanding of woke. As in, just bad. So bad, that it's disproved by your own article in support of it.

Milquetoast.

Also; no. It's a literal contradiction in terms because part of being woke is sex positivity - which is kind of, you know, the exact opposite of being a puritan.
    And you'd be hard pressed to call any of them woke as a result. I'm aware that TERFs exist.

Once again: these changes are deliberately inflammatory, and y'all are falling for it.
    Let's address the middle one first. Because as @troy garland already pointed out, TERFs have squat to do with sex negativity. TERFs are, as the term it is an acronym to quite clearly explains, feminists that are exclusionary towards trans people, especially trans women. I.e. it's a view that focuses on issues of gender identity, not sex negativity or positivity. Getting this this badly doesn't exactly paint you as the authority on the meaning of terms you're pretending to be here.

Moving on to your article. Had you actually read it, you'd have noticed it doesn't mention sex positivity once. Neither does the Wikipedia article on the issue. Or any kind of positivity, for that matter. One would think that if sex positivity was such an integral part of being woke, it'd had been mentioned in its dictionary definition or its Wiki article.

That's one thing. Another is that by somehow finding sex positivity in the definition you yourself provided you're not only ignoring the hell out of what that very definition actually says, but by doing so you're also effectively painting woke people as some kind of hive mind. Because that definition (that you clearly didn't read before posting it) defines wokeness as being aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice).

Aware of and attentive to facts and issues. That's all. It says absolutely squat about the reaction to said issues, particularly of the solution kind. Which means that as long as some feminist is aware of and attentive to the issue of, let's say, objectification of women in media they are already woke. And they will remain woke even if their idea of how to fight is to pressure creators to make their female characters wear burkas to prevent the dreaded male gaze, because the latter is immaterial to the definition that (again) you yourself invoked.

Which is where your twisting of your own definition effectively makes all woke people a hive mind. Because the only way for what you said to be congruent with your definition is if all woke people had the same sex-positive opinions and proposed the same sex-positive solutions to the issues they are supposed to be aware of and attentive to. But even then that would be just incidental to that definition, not a part of it.

Then again I doubt you were actually genuine about it and were just invoking no true wokesman as @Yarathir mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    no one has been able to explain how the "feminist', sex positive puritans" (a term that doesn't make any sense) that are the targets of harassment are somehow the transgressive ones in this situation, but then again I'm not a right wing reactionary.
    It's also a term that didn't appear in this thread until you brought it up. And the person who brought sex positivity up was Elegiac, arguing for the same position as you (while engaging in no true wokesman fallacious nonsense). You're tilting at windmills. Especially since the response to Elegiac's point was explicitly that the people in question are not sex-positive and it was already made before you wrote this post. Which makes your later posts where you accused @Video Games and multiple other posters of posting in bad faith rather... interesting.

Especially this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I accept that you have to literally make things up to for a point no one is arguing against... it's real easy to win debates you're having with yourself.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2021-10-03 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    You read my post but didn't understand it. Give it another shot really look at the wording I use.
    I understood it just fine. You just like to deflect rather then engage. Different groups don't just grab power and then lose it. People do change. Things change.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if they are going to remove the Consort title from Korialstrasz or if thats ok because hes a dude
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Moreover, not seeing a lot of "defense" from much of anyone; the reactions only seem to go so far as mild indifference.
    Yeah, I don't know if praising these changes as something that may prevent another Afrasiabi in the video game business because it removes things like what he got his views on women from is just "mild indifference". And we've had that already on page 6.

It confounds me as well but it's why most alternative media on the internet goes down... it's far left bankers fighting Chinese backed librarians.

Like I said its confusing times we live in.
    Ah, yes. The librarian cabal. Very serious threat to... I'm not even sure what, actually. Are alt media sites going down because the librarians are fighting them or is it because those sites are ran by the librarians?

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You must not have even spoken to a leftist in your entire lifetime (or rather more likely, not listened to what they actually said in favor of what you think they said) if you think the most milquetoast center-right President in American history is a hardcore leftist. Plus ya'll are quite lucky the mods are asleep and don't nuke this thread from orbit with how much off-topic nonsense is packed in it.

All I'll say in closing is that Elegiac is right. You're falling for basically trollbait and empty virtue signaling and taking it far, far too seriously.
    Even calling the mainstream democrats like Biden center-right is going too far to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yeah, I don't know if praising these changes as something that may prevent another Afrasiabi in the video game business because it removes things like what he got his views on women from is just "mild indifference". And we've had that already on page 6.

Ah, yes. The librarian cabal. Very serious threat to... I'm not even sure what, actually. Are alt media sites going down because the librarians are fighting them or is it because those sites are ran by the librarians?

Even calling the mainstream democrats like Biden center-right is going too far to be honest.
    I don't know if I would call democrats outright leftists. At least not the Biden guys. But surely nobody actually believes identity politics, white privilege, critical theory and all that nonsense is right-wing.

Demons based on rape in folklore? That's hecking awesome! Totally not hypocrtical.

An incubus is a male demon who preys on women, especially while they are sleeping. They rape and impregnate women. The victim may wake during the rape, or may not know anything has happened until her health suddenly deteriorates as she hosts the Incubus’ parasitic baby.
    LMAO nice going Blizzard.
    Last edited by Overlordd; 2021-10-03 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Wonder if they are going to remove the Consort title from Korialstrasz or if thats ok because hes a dude
    These changes were based on feedback from individual devs who took issue with these things in game. Hard to imagine anyone at Blizzard will care about this.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    If "punching down" exists, then does that mean that certain groups are in fact lesser than others? Cause I believe that makes you a racist/sexist/somethingist. Id be careful bro, thats not allowed here.
    It's allowed if it is going the right direction. I'm not angry about the changes. I haven't used most of those emotes since vanilla. Haveing more options for demons is good. I'm angry at the horse shit blizzard is trying to feed us.

"Oh, we are an inclusive company and we care about being inclusive" Fuck off Blizzard. How inclusive were you when people were killing themselves? How inclusive were you when you allowed people in power to abuse that power to sexual harrass (and some people say) and rape. The entire executive needs to go. Fuck those guys. TBH, I hope California gets 10s of billions from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I understood it just fine. You just like to deflect rather then engage. Different groups don't just grab power and then lose it. People do change. Things change.
    Most people work off group think.