Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yet for all that talk, you're camping out in threads policing what others should care about rather than actually contributing to the topics you claim to care about.
    oh sorry, I should totally buy into the premise that Blizzard's strategy for keeping the game going is to give the finger to it's fan base as so many of you assume to be the case. sorry you can't address my arguments and have to whine about me presenting things you don't like to hear. so you're about as meangilful to the conversation as you seem to think I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Well I haven't been in this whole thread, but it seems like you are defending the changes in this last section I have been in, so maybe don't? Be more concise in your posts? The changes are stupid, and its gotten people antsy because they think its like the genesis to more changes to come, and they have good reason to think that way.
    my overarching point has always been maybe Blizzard shouldn't have been a den of sex pests who created a work place so toxic it might have led to a woman killing herself on a business trip, and led to the state and now the shareholders suing the company. instead of being mad at people changing the game be mad at the people who for all intents and purposes caused this to happen in the first place.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-10-03 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Yes, because thats why classic and tbc classic was such failures...
    Uh yeah technically they're fresh because they haven't always been around. What happened to Classic Vanilla once TBC came? Super popular still?

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    my overarching point has always been maybe Blizzard shouldn't have been a den of sex pests who created a work place so toxic it might have led to a woman killing herself on a business trip, and led to the state and now the shareholders suing the company. instead of being mad at people changing the game be mad at the people who for all intents and purposes caused this to happen in the first place.
    No one said this was Blizzard's fault. This happened in Activision-Blizzard. It could've been on the Treyarch team aswell.

You're projecting your problems onto WoW than throwing a fit when people call you out on it lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    But Changing things just to change them is mostly bad. Im sick of Spec Reworks with almost every new addon, loosing all cool mechanics/skills that we got thru borrowed powers and seeing Shit System A got replaced with Shitsystem B and Shitsystem A get implemented with lower focus on it.

And its not fun to be forced to grind shit you dont wanna do so you can do the things you wanna do. "You dont wanna grind PvE Daylies, Raids and M+? To bad, so u will stuck on 1,6 forever in PvP!" "You dont wanna grind PvP? To bad, no BiS SHITSYSTEM-SKILL-NAME and perform much worse then people with bis"
    Genuinely hard to understand what this rambling post of terrible english is even trying to say. Sorry you didn't like the changes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    No one said this was Blizzard's fault. This happened in Activision-Blizzard. It could've been on the Treyarch team aswell.

You're projecting your problems onto WoW than throwing a fit when people call you out on it lmao.
    for god sakes when I say blizzard I mean Activison-Blizzard. and no this has been shown to be a very big problem with the WoW team, not only them, but they are a significant part of the problem. so no, you don't know what projecting means.

Of course this thread had to become political. Can you Americans discuss anything without it turning in to a communist vs nazi shit throwing contest?

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Of course this thread had to become political. Can you Americans discuss anything without it turning in to a communist vs nazi shit throwing contest?
    Because the changes these devs did are in itself political rofl.

- - - Updated - - -

for god sakes when I say blizzard I mean Activison-Blizzard. and no this has been shown to be a very big problem with the WoW team, not only them, but they are a significant part of the problem. so no, you don't know what projecting means.
    What big problem was there with the WoW team other than Alex Afrasiabi?

Because they changed these things under the radar on the PTR? They even admitted this. Even going against their so called "corporate overlords" who told them no.
    I seriously hope these people get fired.
    And yeah people notice. When these devs admitted that it irked them, but the state of the game doesn't. They should get fired. The whole team. Blizzard should move their HQ to Texas or something. Away from that progressive hellhole.
    Citation for their "corporate overlords" telling them not to do this?

10+ Year Old Account
    What big problem was there with the WoW team other than Alex Afrasiabi?
    All of the other stuff in the lawsuit. Frat-boy culture, push back from HR if you reported a problem, probable firing if you reported one of the higher-ups to HR, HR covering management asses at the expense of the rest of their employees, pay equity, promotion opportunities....it's quite a list. You should read it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Citation for their "corporate overlords" telling them not to do this?
    https://twitter.com/trulyaliem/statu...911025667?s=20

if it were intended as a smokescreen it would have been promoted. you only know this exists because someone went datamining.

getting upset with team 2 because we have corporate overlords who won't listen to our v. reasonable collective demands is... a choice one could make, ok.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    All of the other stuff in the lawsuit. Frat-boy culture, push back from HR if you reported a problem, probable firing if you reported one of the higher-ups to HR, HR covering management asses at the expense of the rest of their employees, pay equity, promotion opportunities....it's quite a list. You should read it.
    Frat boy culture is such a meme. Jesus Christ that it is an actual thing lmao.
    That the payment is bad is due to these devs staying with Blizzard because they enjoy the political climate is one part you forgot to add aswell. Everyone would've left long ago but these people are having a message to spread around.

snip
    cool, so I can't even fault the team for making these changes out of some cynical reason. I'm glad to be wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

Blizzard and its fans behave in a similar manner. The players are fully going thru the desertion phase. They aren't coming back.
    That much should have been obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes and a brain.

There was a time when Hollywood celebrities bragged on late night TV shows about being WoW players. WoW was up 12 million subscribers.
    Now telling people you're a WoW fan is like telling people you still cheer for Penn State Football.

cool, so I can't even fault the team for making these changes out of some cynical reason. I'm glad to be wrong about that.
    You were never going to fault the team because they're on your political side.

You were never going to fault the team because they're on your political side.
    maybe, or again I'm on the side of the people and victims who aren't involved with the frat boy culture at blizzard.

The collective demands is the list of things the ABK staff walked out over last month, not a few minor content changes...

maybe, or again I'm on the side of the people and victims who aren't involved with the frat boy culture at blizzard.
    People fail to realise they're fighting a culture war, but you seem to acknowledge it but act obtuse about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The collective demands is the list of things the ABK staff walked out over last month, not a few minor content changes...
    This was a response to them changing every joke in the game.

Yeah, I can do that and still think these changes are stupid. The changes here do nothing at all to change that, as you have agreed, so why bring it up in a thread about these specific changes?

my overarching point has always been maybe Blizzard shouldn't have been a den of sex pests who created a work place so toxic it might have led to a woman killing herself on a business trip
    To my knowledge that incident happened at Activision, not Blizzard.

Are millenials really this sensitive?

oh sorry, I should totally buy into the premise that Blizzard's strategy for keeping the game going is to give the finger to it's fan base as so many of you assume to be the case. sorry you can't address my arguments and have to whine about me presenting things you don't like to hear. so you're about as meangilful to the conversation as you seem to think I am.
    No, you don't need to do anything. That's the point- you don't care. So then don't care. Go find a thread with a topic you do care about.

And if you clearly do care, then stop pretending you don't care so you can come off as the cool as a cucumber hip fencesitter who is above everything. The act is tired.