Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    and down goes the aggies. AHAHAHA

- - - Updated - - -

The disrespect to Cincinnati!
    They’re a good team, but they would get annihilated by Alabama and Georgia. Probably Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan as well. I still don’t know who the best team in the Big 10 is. So far Iowa has impressed me the most granted they haven’t really played anyone yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Florida: Almost beats Bama, loses to Kentucky. Sure, why not...

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington loses (see, not everything is bad @cubby !), and LSU loses to Auburn IN Baton Rouge for the first time since 1999.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No we don’t. 12 teams is just diluting the pool. Like I said there’s not even four best teams this year. There’s probably three. Those two SEC teams and whoever wins the Big 10.
    the SEC getting half of the playoff spots and Cinci being left out is reason alone to expand.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    and down goes Florida. Today has been a day of upsets!
    I missed that last night - gave up on watching after Oregon lost. Fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

No we don’t. 12 teams is just diluting the pool. Like I said there’s not even four best teams this year. There’s probably three. Those two SEC teams and whoever wins the Big 10.
    That's so ridiculous it's laughable. According to you, it should just be 2 teams. Does the 64 team bracket in basketball "dilute the pool"?

No, it's clear the CFP needs to go to an 8- or 12-team playoff. Your statements just make that case clearer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Targeting was justified, that was leading with the crown and I saw intent.
    We can agree to disagree then, and obviously the refs agreed with you. But it wasn't - Thib went in for the tackle, no intent at all with the crown. He led with his hands ffs - you can see it clear as day in the video.

- - - Updated - - -

and down goes the aggies. AHAHAHA
    Holy shit - what a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Clemson got lucky, showed a bit of life on offense but still the chemistry between DJ and the receivers is just bad. I have no clue what's going on but tonight was dropped passes as much as bad throws.

if Cincy wins out they should be in the playoffs

The play-offs just need to switch to Conference champs of the current power 5 plus adding in some of the non-power 5 schools (conferences?) into a conference, with 1-2 wild card slots. I HATE how this year is likely going to end up with the same teams at the SEC champ going for the natty.. would be like 2 NFC teams in the super bowl.
    The 12-team model they were floating before the Big-12 migration to the SEC was perfect. They should use that no matter what. The SEC should be ok with it because it would include at least their top two teams (the SEC Conf Champ and the runner up). It would be more money, more exposure - everyone wins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Florida: Almost beats Bama, loses to Kentucky. Sure, why not...
    This is definitely something to keep in mind. Georgia almost lost to Clemson, who then loses to NC State. Bama almost loses to Florida, who then loses to Kentucky. Alabama and Georgia are definitely looking like the teams to beat this year, but the both had close calls to mediocre teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Washington loses (see, not everything is bad @cubby !), and LSU loses to Auburn IN Baton Rouge for the first time since 1999.
    ROFL - indeed. Some wins to take away from this day.

And really, if I were to be objective, Oregon has been playing like shit since their excellent win against Ohio State. I hope this loss to Stanford wakes them up and gets them back for their usual climb to the top. If Oregon wins out they might have a chance at the CFP....

- - - Updated - - -

the SEC getting half of the playoff spots and Cinci being left out is reason alone to expand.
    I could not agree more.

Here are the details of the 12-man CFP proposal in case any one isn't sure of the details. It's still just a proposal, several steps to go before it would come into affect, and then years before it would be implemented.

That’s not reason to expand. The playoff is about the 4 best teams even if they’re all from the same conference. I know it’s not fun from an entertainment perspective, but it’s the right thing. I don’t like it either when there’s two SEC teams in the CWS finals either, which has happened.

@cubby

Basketball is a little different it’s a 5 person sport with a handful of bench players. Basketball is a lot more balanced, because of that. Often times one or two players can carry the team. Also it has been mostly 1 seeds that have won the tournament.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-10-03 at 08:23 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    That’s not reason to expand. The playoff is about the 4 best teams
    And Cinci/BYU, who are currently making the best damn arguments for a G5 to get to play for a natty since 2008 Utah aren't best 4? What if Oregon runs the table, and doesn't take a loss to anyone, even in the championship game? That's best 4 material.
    Right there you have 5 teams who have strong arguments to get in, not to mention whatever the big ten and big twelve do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    We can agree to disagree then, and obviously the refs agreed with you. But it wasn't - Thib went in for the tackle, no intent at all with the crown. He led with his hands ffs - you can see it clear as day in the video.

I could not agree more.

Here are the details of the 12-man CFP proposal in case any one isn't sure of the details. It's still just a proposal, several steps to go before it would come into affect, and then years before it would be implemented.
    Hands out doesn't matter. What does matter is where your actual body initiates contact, which here was the crown. Remember, you're talking to a fan of a team who's received TWO offensive targeting penalties despite that penalty not existing. (thanks Larry Scott)
    And yes, the playoffs NEED to be expanded.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hands out doesn't matter. What does matter is where your actual body initiates contact, which here was the crown. Remember, you're talking to a fan of a team who's received TWO offensive targeting penalties despite that penalty not existing. (thanks Larry Scott)
    And that's what pissed me off about the call. In the video replay it was impression that his hands initiated contact, then crown.

Totally agree re playoff expansion. Do you think it will still happen?
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-10-03 at 11:36 PM.

I know Clemson is struggling but did not expect to drop totally out of the top 25 with all the other chaos and considering BC was a 4-0 team....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

And Cinci/BYU, who are currently making the best damn arguments for a G5 to get to play for a natty since 2008 Utah aren't best 4? What if Oregon runs the table, and doesn't take a loss to anyone, even in the championship game? That's best 4 material.
    Right there you have 5 teams who have strong arguments to get in, not to mention whatever the big ten and big twelve do.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Cincinnati, and BYU would have multiple losses if they played in the SEC or Big 10. Cincy had one good team on their schedule. They are not a top 4 team. And that "good" team is a team that always chokes in the playoff, or just gets exposed. Notre Dame and Texas A&M are the two most overrated teams in CFB.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...dule/_/id/2132
    Last edited by muto; 2021-10-04 at 09:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Cincinnati, and BYU would have multiple losses if they played in the SEC or Big 10. Cincy had one good team on their schedule. They are not a top 4 team. And that "good" team is a team that always chokes in the playoff, or just gets exposed. Notre Dame and Texas A&M are the two most overrated teams in CFB.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...dule/_/id/2132
    This sounds a lot like what was said about TCU, and until the last few years they were just fine after moving to the Big 12. You cant know if they're actually good until you give them a shot. What you're saying is how non blue bloods get stuck in a damn loop of never good enough.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This sounds a lot like what was said about TCU, and until the last few years they were just fine after moving to the Big 12. You cant know if they're actually good until you give them a shot. What you're saying is how non blue bloods get stuck in a damn loop of never good enough.
    Agreed. Who knows how Cincy would do in the SEC/Pac-12/Big-10 - I know for sure Muto doesn't, lol. I assumed Cincy would get clobbered by ND, and they owned that game for the entire 60 minutes. I wish they played more Conf 5 teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. Who knows how Cincy would do in the SEC/Pac-12/Big-10 - I know for sure Muto doesn't, lol. I assumed Cincy would get clobbered by ND, and they owned that game for the entire 60 minutes. I wish they played more Conf 5 teams.
    Good news! They're moving to the Big12 at least!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good news! They're moving to the Big12 at least!
    Lol, well, that's a step in the right direction. Too bad it was just gutted. Wouldn't it be hysterical if Cincy started dominating the Big-12.

TCU has had two or three good seasons in the Big 12. The rest they’ve lost a bunch of games.

10+ Year Old Account
    TCU has had one or two good seasons in the Big 12. The rest they’ve lost a bunch of games.
    Mainly because they havent found a good QB since. Although Kenny Hill actually did get TCU pretty good success. Their defense has also been consistently REALLY good, complete with sending a lot of talant to the NFL. Point being, even after TCU moved to big12 they were able to keep their high performance, which is why you should give teams like Cinci a shot because you flat out do not know.

Lol, well, that's a step in the right direction. Too bad it was just gutted. Wouldn't it be hysterical if Cincy started dominating the Big-12.
    Yeah that would never happen. They’d fair about like Maryland, Rutgers, and West Virginia.

So the SEC Championship game is really the National Championship game again?

There was only one Targeting call in that game - the Targeting call on Thib was total bullshit.
    Players are also prohibited from targeting and marking forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless player with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. The rulebook says: “When in question, a player is defenseless.” And in this case, there needs to be at least one indicator of targeting.

Here are some of the rulebook’s examples of a defenseless player:

A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.
    It's textbook targeting rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    So the SEC Championship game is really the National Championship game again?
    Occasionally, yes.