Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Are millenials really this sensitive?
    Yes they are. And they don't even realize that boomer is a compliment, that generation was tough as nails.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    All of the other stuff in the lawsuit. Frat-boy culture, push back from HR if you reported a problem, probable firing if you reported one of the higher-ups to HR, HR covering management asses at the expense of the rest of their employees, pay equity, promotion opportunities....it's quite a list. You should read it.
    I'm wondering if some of these very recent changes are motivated by lower level dev anger at those who were doing this. Carpet bomb the sketchy stuff those guys had in the game now that they can't retaliate.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Yes they are. And they don't even realize that boomer is a compliment, that generation was tough as nails.
    The generation that coasted on the accomplishments of the previous generation, burned every bridge down behind them, and then became the first generation in American history to hand off the country worse than they got it?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Boomers aren't that great either. They let themselves become consumed by capitalism and money. (this is coming from someone that hates Communists with a passion). They let their cultures almost dissolve and change because of money and we're seeing the result. Kids being raised by the internet or cartoons instead of real parenting. Quite sad to see how kids are out of touch with their countries culture aswell. Almost everything is getting Americanized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm wondering if some of these very recent changes are motivated by lower level dev anger at those who were doing this. Carpet bomb the sketchy stuff those guys had in the game now that they can't retaliate.
    It might be. I have a theory which makes sense but is 100% unconfirmed: One look at any picture of the staff from Blizzard confirms that this is not a nest of right-wing conservative Christians. No matter how much some of these employees have been screwed by Blizzard's HR department and management they were at least hired and some of them have been around for a very long while. Those people have noticed things in the game. Once noticed they cannot be unseen and if they cannot be unseen they lodge themselves in the brain and never quite go away. It's like the trim on a window in your home that isn't quite right. You notice it, you decide not to fix it but you keep seeing it day after day until eventually it's a real irritant.

I think that for some of these employees that's part of this. The emergence of the lawsuit and the other changes that are happening because of it was a chance to say, "We'll never have a better opportunity so let's change this." And so it was. Unconfirmed of course but if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. I simply cannot imagine that any of this would have happened if the founders hadn't left and been implicated in the creation of Blizzard's office culture.

It seems now it's blossomed into some kind of hunt and who knows how far that will go. I will trust that Hazzikostas will keep a lid on it and limit the changes to mostly cosmetic stuff that is essentially unimportant. For one I welcome a lot of the changes, especially to the emotes, some of which should never have been in the game to start with. Many of the people complaining about that are virtue-signaling on their own. The virtues aren't virtuous in the least but the principles are the same.

It was great watching people defending players torturing NPC's as critical to the WoW experience. That's a form of signaling where personal virtues and priorities lie.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-10-03 at 08:14 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No, you're not getting it.

This about not " (not) enjoying the game", this is about that a person saying that the people who disagree with a radical ideology are the problem, not the promotion of that radical ideology.

And that person also happens to be a in position where they can influence what goes into the game no less.
    And your immediate solution to this is to use the only power that you have. Walk way. The advice given is perfectly acceptable. If people actually feel (fake outraged) the way you do then she will lose her job. Money is the only outcome that actually matters. In the end "radical" ideology is not radical if people keep paying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    Who the heck quits over these changes?
    They are silly but don't impact my gameplay in any way.

I quit due to 9.0 stretch and 9.1 not being interesting enough for more than a few weeks, these are actually things that I'd wager drive away the younger blood more than older players.(Faster done with things due to more free time and different temperament.)
    You hit the nail on the head. Shit was just not interesting after Legion, and i didnt give two shits about any of the characters this go 'round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The generation that coasted on the accomplishments of the previous generation, burned every bridge down behind them, and then became the first generation in American history to hand off the country worse than they got it?
    This reply made my day absolutely! Thank you btw

As for the average player: most of us are between 26-36 give or take 4-5 years. Sure there are boomers that play wow, but I think OP meant the sweaty players actually playing classic right now: True.. Real.. Sweaty

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I've literally listed like a good amount of developpers that are basically saying their opinion = law but the moderator locked it because he'd rather not spread the amount of Blizzard devs being specifically hired for political cronyism than quality.
    Who else would be "the law" for a game if not the people developing it? Why is it only bad to hire devs for political cronyism when the views don't agree with you but in the past it was perfectly fine? Because if it is happening now then it was happening before.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why change it? If the customers despise it and it won't change the behavior of sexual predators at the office then what's the point?
    Because they want to, and it is their game? Shocker right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Without devolving this thread into a hot political debate, that's a sweeping generalization. While some bad things can be traced to this generation, good things can be found, as well. However, I think pointing to a single generation with respect to this topic is too narrow with regarding what's going on around it.

How does this relate to the topic? It's heavily tied to people today in relation to what's going on, whether it's the players or the people working at ActiBlizz. One generalization that tends to hold true is that during rough times, people will be way more focused on what's important... but during peaceful times, people will lose focus on what's important or just straight-up start focusing on things that don't matter. Over the past couple decades in the US, times have been insanely peaceful (unless you watch the news, then it's WW3 every night because that sells), and a sign of such peaceful and easy times is that people are focusing WAY too much on stuff that doesn't matter or sometimes destructive because they have too much free time to do so. Furthermore, many non-peaceful times are exacerbated or even begin due to such idleness of all.

As the phrase goes, "Idle hands are the Devil's workshop; idle lips are his mouthpiece." Such tendencies are insanely easy to see nowadays, just hop onto any forum or social media website. Not only is insanely crazy and baseless crap and redefining (or rather attempted destruction) of truth being propagated everywhere, but also it's being embraced and even incorporated at all levels of ActiBlizz. The evidence is the iniquity within their halls as well as the reflection of their lack of morality in their decisions in response. While not everyone may proclaim the same viewpoints and 'morality' within the company (or they may seem opposite at times), the bad direction and actions are still enabled by all as their viewpoints (even if seemingly divergent) all lead to the same end if not based upon any reality. This is a fundamental human nature observation that has been observed for thousands of years, ActiBlizz is just a prime example of this.

In the end, this is why I feel there has to be fundamental change within Blizz to get anywhere close to what it once was, and a leadership change is only a first step to a marathon. It's very obvious that there was a shift in driving motivations for their content over time, and where Blizz currently stands was only natural result of embracing terrible things. Could it have been avoided? Absolutely, but the culture makes it hard as people tend to want to follow the crowd and be idle versus stand up against evil or protesting that which is objectively false. While some people think that the 'frat boy' culture was the only bad culture in the company, I can guarantee you that it's only one of many bad cultures in the company... it's just the one culture more people can agree upon as being wrong.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I don't post often anymore (Because I have no time to play) but my thoughts on the recent changes are as follows:

I do not mind the changes. I do mind the implication.

If so many of these quests, NPCs, and encounters can be updated this quickly what in the fuck is happening with the drip fed bullshit with the content? They obviously have the capability to do more than the minimum with the team they have, so why is a patch a subzone and a raid when 7 years ago it was 1-2 entire zones, a massive raid, a massive multiple month (Multi-hour if ungated) questline, and multiple other systems like reputations and daily quests that also had associated stories and rewards?

I do not feel I am getting value out of the game as a customer and while I do see some people saying they feel like the changes are a slap in the face or Blizzard has "Gone PC" by and large the issue is just that they are demonstrating to me that the entire time I have played over the last 6 or so years I was nothing but a sucker being drip fed slop when they could have provided so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Of course it wasn’t because the company was full of either sexual harassment like Alex, people who supported them and reprimanded those who came forward like morhaime or those who turned a blind eye like ghost crawler.
    Or maybe no one cared enough to imagine it as you do.

You know there are other countries than America right? Every american generation is the worst so it's really not a good measuring stick.

You know there are other countries than America right? Every american generation is the worst so it's really not a good measuring stick.
    It is generalizing. However Blizzard is located here in the US, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    how do you feel about this?
    I refunded wc3 refunded and shadowlands. I wont give whatever trash heap 10.0 is a shot. I'm done with WoW and Blizzard after classic wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    I refunded wc3 refunded and shadowlands. I wont give whatever trash heap 10.0 is a shot. I'm done with WoW and Blizzard after classic wotlk.
    Honestly good to hear.

They are making these changes for article headlines like this so they can point to them for the lawsuit. These devs are fucking retarded if they actually believe replacing a painting of a woman with a bowl of fruit is making the game less toxic.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/re.../1100-6496722/

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    If it's not an issue then why change anything?? It's not their game either, they are just the parasitic leeches that inhabit the once mighty Blizzard Entertainment. They have no connection whatsoever to the origins of the game, its beginnings or its journey.

And yes you're right, a small handful of degenerate sociopathic narcissists that are employed by Blizzard that find offence in absolutely everything that isn't utterly devoid of any character, fun or humour decided to, surprise surprise, find offence in something and complained.

The spineless cucks that currently call the shots in the wow team bent over for these people instead of the players that pay the wages. This is what happens when your hiring policy is ideologically motivated. You get what you fucking deserve.

- - - Updated - - -

That's right, wow would not last a year if it was released today. Part of what made it what successful was success of Blizzard games in the 90s and reputation for genre-defining quality. Blizzard has been trading on the franchises goodwill for years now and shit like this is really the nail in the coffin.

- - - Updated - - -

It's woke because to these degenerate pieces of shit, any display of female sexuality or any form of sexual innuendo in a game that is designed, run or played by men is purely meant to denigrate women and keep them down.

Only gender-neutral, bland, grayscale, humourless content is allowed in this game now. This is what the woke world is, a miserable, soulless, humourless world where no fun is allowed.

It's no wonder these woke idiots are depressed and are mentally fucked in the head. Seeing a problem with anything and everything must be a living hell inside someone's head
    It's an issue for them and other people. Not everyone.
    Fine, it's Blizzards game, if you want to be pedantic. Either way, the ones who are working on it are the ones that make the decisions.

I don't understand why this "upsets" you so much. How does this affect you in any way? I think your energy is better spent on actual game design issues.

So...these devs aren't the old..they're more recent.
    They wouldn't be the ones responsible for WoD?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Or maybe no one cared enough to imagine it as you do.
    Ya all those people coming out about how they left blizzard due to the sexual harassment and the frat work environment don’t exist and blizzard isn’t being sued for any of it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.