View Poll Results: Is 24/7 boosting ok, for more content?

Voters
70. This poll is closed
  • Yes ! forget the boosting give us more content

8 11.43%
  • No! We hate boosters we can wait for content

14 20.00%
  • Shut up / Stupid poll / Get the block adv. addon.

48 68.57%

Arrow Boost poll - the real deal

So as we know Blizzard is not going to ban boosters because its good business..

Should be demand more content as boosters issues is not fixed?

1 for 1 as we accept the boosting but then give us more content for all that wow tokens used on boosting?

Poll is up.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. You want Blizzard to give us more content because they won't stop boosters (which is something that isn't against their TOS)? You know what that will lead to right? more boosting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xesco View Post

1 for 1 as we accept the boosting but then give us more content for all that wow tokens used on boosting?

Poll is up.
    Adding more content does not counter the booster problem though?

Even more so, to expect more stuff from the income of the token, does that not mean that you are okay with boosting as well?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    lolo I never thought that last option would be winning so badly but DAAAANG (I chose option 1) - I could care less about boosting, wow is ded why even play RIGHT

I boost because it's the only realiable way for skilled and geared people to farm gold without either playing the auction house or bot mining/herbs with druid alts.

Eh? Want to try again when you're sober?

Really confused by this one. I don't see any link between boosters and content, so imo, the entire premise of the thread and poll are flawed.

So why do you care if people boost or get boosted? Why shouldnt people be able to skip leveling content to get to the actual meat of the game? I personally think the only point of leveling is to teach newer players about how to play characters as you get abilities slowly. Other than that leveling serves no purpose.

Boosting sucks but its obvious a whole lot of people do it and want it. Or it wouldn't be what it is today. The disease is the game about collecting thing and not accomplishing things. Get the title. Get the gear. Get the transmog. Get the mount. If just throwing gold or dollars at it makes it happen to satisfy the collection than people do it. Right or wrong doesn't matter at this point. Because it is what it is and the community is all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Really confused by this one. I don't see any link between boosters and content, so imo, the entire premise of the thread and poll are flawed.
    There's a link, but I don't think the OP's linking it well.

Boosting will always be a thing, as even a person running their lowbie dungeon is an example of boosting. However, boosting as a service can be directly proportional to how fun and engaging content is. If everything is about the destination and the journey sucks, boosting to the destination is going to reign supreme. In essence, the volume of boosting in a game can indicate the quality of the content.

If the content was more fun and engaging, there would be less boosting, as the volume of boosting is a symptom to a much larger problem with the game. Treating symptoms is viable if you cannot fix the main problem or don't know what it is, but it ultimately is a fruitless endeavor if you cannot fix the main problem.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

7+ Year Old Account
    im for adding a boosting channel beside trade chat and a boosting tab in group finder

Quote Originally Posted by Xesco View Post

Poll is up.
    You have the solution to your problem in your poll so just stop whining.

I don't give a damn about boosting. Let people buy all the boosts they like; and let people sell all the boosts they like. Totally fine with me.

What I DO give a damn about is ADVERTISING. If you're spamming channels or group finder with your boosts, then we have a problem. Now it's not just between boosters and buyers, but NEGATIVELY impacts other people. And that is most definitely NOT okay.

Not sure what the best solution would be. Separate channels perhaps? Draconian punishments for offenders? Banning boosts altogether seems like a very radical solution, though.

It really shouldn't have to be a choice between "make pugging possible again without filtering through obscene amounts of spam advertising what amounts to blatant cheating" and "content."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.