Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    That is why this is so bad. These people are not working in your best interest. They are serving themselves.
    Only because you don't agree with it though. When Blizzard was political with their social in the past it wasn't an issue right? The game would have long since been poisoned if what you say was true. It really does just boil down to hate for the sake of it at this point.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Only because you don't agree with it though. When Blizzard was political with their social in the past it wasn't an issue right? The game would have long since been poisoned if what you say was true. It really does just boil down to hate for the sake of it at this point.
    Care to point out a time in the past that they had made such sweeping censorship of content?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Then why change it? If the customers despise it and it won't change the behavior of sexual predators at the office then what's the point?
    how about dismantling the sexual harassment culture that was clearly prevalent at Acti-Blizz. These jokes might not be offensive to some, or to anybody, but I would bet that they were either put there by devs who were into that type of culture or by the named people in the lawsuit. and for that reason, they should be removed. because the only reason they were put in there is because of the sexual harassment culture

15+ Year Old Account
    Care to point out a time in the past that they had made such sweeping censorship of content?
    Indicating my point perfectly. Did you have a problem with developers in the past inserting their views into the game with crude humor and other things that have been removed? You are only crying foul now because of the perceived views of those making changes. You are acting radicalized and hating just for the sake of hate. I would wager that more then half of the outraged people in these threads are no longer subscribed. Yet still hate and want to control the game and company when they should no longer be invested.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I've been getting those vibes for the past 7 years.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been pretty clear for several years now that the game is run by people who don't play the game and aren't designing the game for their paying customers. They actively resent the actual Warcraft audience and have been gaslighting and insulting them for years.
    God that is so cringey and “woe is me” that it’s hard to even read. Imagine being that sensitive that you genuinely believe that LOL.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Can't say I get any of those vibes at all, where do you get that from?
    from every single system in the game that is designed around a certain pace which the player cannot surpass. Its "show up once a day for 15min then fuck off", If thats not telling a population of players that grinded out this game 16 years ago without artificial barriers to fuck off i don't know what is.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Indicating my point perfectly. Did you have a problem with developers in the past inserting their views into the game with crude humor and other things that have been removed? You are only crying foul now because of the perceived views of those making changes. You are acting radicalized and hating just for the sake of hate. I would wager that more then half of the outraged people in these threads are no longer subscribed. Yet still hate and want to control the game and company when they should no longer be invested.
    Crude humour is apolitical.
    A dick joke is apolitical.
    A quest about a damsel in distress is apolitical.
    A harem in the Black Temple is apolitical
    A painting of a woman in a random building in wow is apolitical

You know what is political? removing those things because your political world view sees them as 'problematic' when any rational person can see the difference between a joke or humour and not feel like they need to cower in a safe space.

I'm still subscribed. I have about 40m gold from garrisons and boosting over the years for tokens to cover my sub fees and expansion purchases if I so choose. My guild is very tight so if I was not playing with friends I would have been gone ages ago.

Crude humour is apolitical.
    A dick joke is apolitical.
    A quest about a damsel in distress is apolitical.
    A harem in the Black Temple is apolitical
    A painting of a woman in a random building in wow is apolitical

You know what is political? removing those things because your political world view sees them as 'problematic' when any rational person can see the difference between a joke or humour and not feel like they need to cower in a safe space.

I'm still subscribed. I have about 40m gold from garrisons and boosting over the years for tokens to cover my sub fees and expansion purchases if I so choose. My guild is very tight so if I was not playing with friends I would have been gone ages ago.
    Have you thought about it that the things changed/removed have a inside story or where created by some of the not so nice employees?

No, it must be political.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    Have you thought about it that the things changed/removed have a inside story or where created by some of the not so nice employees?

So the response to a previous employee who inappropriately touched someone's hand is to remove any and all things ever created by said employee? Said employee also had a significant role in Sylvanas' story, should we remove her too?

I mean you just need to look at all the flirts they've just removed to show you that it's motivated by their politics.

I think I might just sell my gold instead. This has actually gone too far

Are you trying to tell me that the random painting in Kharazan was a painting of someone in blizzard? And wirts third leg was also a reference to something one of the sex pests did? Together with a lady wearing a plunge neck?

Draw me the line here, pixelated plunge neck -> harassments. You find plunge necks like that at most parties, including upper class ones. For something to be a viable harassment method, you need both parties to know about it, and it needs to be something you can use to harass with.

Lets say you were one of the sex pests looking to do something idiotic (I'm not defending any of the sex pests here, they can go die in a fire if they are found guilty) how would you go about using a pixelated painting in Karazhan to attack?
    How about the rest of pop culture, there is a slew of things to use from Kim Kardashian to that Anaconda song.

I know Talesin made a vide speculating that there might be some personal story behind the paintings etc, I'm just having a very hard time buying it since its pixelated shit from 15-16 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    yet the WoW dev team has been the source of most of these complaints and why the state investigated...
    That doesn't automatically mean this incident has happened at the WoW Team, let alone Blizzard.
    There is a reason why Activision Blizzard is being sued, not just Blizzard.

Disregarding that the WoW Team is quite likely the biggest team and frankly one of the oldest teams at Blizzard, not exactly a big surprise.

And here we are ignoring that people like Ben Kilgore, who was seemingly Morhaime's supposed protegee, was even let go before this entire incident went down - because of he was sleeping with his assistant and that guy was on the Battle.net team.
    So why they don't replace it with something equivalent that removes the reference to the employee but leaves the overall image for the player the same?

Besides, what do you think was the "inside story" on something like "Jormuttar is so fat"?
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-10-04 at 07:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Here is my issue with that outlook. A lot of the stuff in this game was created by those devs. Would you be in favor of changing a lot more things, even important things, just because they touched them? It is one thing to remove something directly related to harassment in the workplace, it is another thing to try and purge the game of everything old guard. Because that -is- almost everything. At what point would it stop being World of Warcraft, and would you be okay with that?

Jeez, I sure as hell didn't know that I started playing WoW in 2005 because of some emotes and painting.

Beside, WoW was already going downhill, it's not those things that are gonna drive people away.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    from every single system in the game that is designed around a certain pace which the player cannot surpass. Its "show up once a day for 15min then fuck off", If thats not telling a population of players that grinded out this game 16 years ago without artificial barriers to fuck off i don't know what is.
    I think the game has always had problems but in this specific case I actually prefer the legion/bfa/shadowlands way of having something to do compared to wotlk/cata/wod for example where i spent half my time running laps around Dalaran/SW/Org/Garrison. Just for my own perspective I definitely enjoy having something to do over nothing to do. With that said I think the problem you mention surfaces in other areas though, such as M+ reward structure and how you can do as many keys a week (or as high) as you want and you will never equal the weekly vault reward. I think that is a big flaw because they're trying to timegate your gearing process and I think 252 should be obtainable from the run - either if you do high enough a key or with a certain rating allowing you to upgrade to that level.

On the other hand I no longer have the time to play for 6+ hours a day so exchanging stupidly long grinds for ones that take less time per day with timegating works much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think the game has always had problems but in this specific case I actually prefer the legion/bfa/shadowlands way of having something to do compared to wotlk/cata/wod for example where i spent half my time running laps around Dalaran/SW/Org/Garrison. Just for my own perspective I definitely enjoy having something to do over nothing to do. With that said I think the problem you mention surfaces in other areas though, such as M+ reward structure and how you can do as many keys a week (or as high) as you want and you will never equal the weekly vault reward. I think that is a big flaw because they're trying to timegate your gearing process and I think 252 should be obtainable from the run - either if you do high enough a key or with a certain rating allowing you to upgrade to that level.
    its not really an issue of something to do vs nothing to do. Its more of a pacing choice.

Anchoice between 1. play for 40-80 hours in whatever pace you like vs 2. Play for 1-2 hours a day, for a total and minimum of 40days.

I prefer the binge option. If im "into" something i want to do that thing all the time, i dont want to toggle between games to meet some daily threshold because that reminds me too much of a chore rather than a hobby. Also it doesnt help that the activities in recent expansions have often been quite mindless.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe for you. I play a couple of times a week, do most everything that needs to be done by the end of the expansion, don't get bored, don't grind, don't worry about barriers, artificial or otherwise. I think a lot of players are not-every-day players. I think there's a lot wrong with the game and especially with systems but this isn't a concern. There are too many good games out there to limit myself to spending a lot of time 'grinding' anything in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

its not really an issue of something to do vs nothing to do. Its more of a pacing choice.
    It has everything to do with making sure there's something to do. It's not an accident that systems like this proliferated after Warlords.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Here is my issue with that outlook. A lot of the stuff in this game was created by those devs. Would you be in favor of changing a lot more things, even important things, just because they touched them? It is one thing to remove something directly related to harassment in the workplace, it is another thing to try and purge the game of everything old guard. Because that -is- almost everything. At what point would it stop being World of Warcraft, and would you be okay with that?
    Obviously not. But to claim that any of these things have anything to do with politics is absurd even if the far right seem to want it to be.

The changes are obviously absurd but for the love of God stop making it about politics. This isn't some grand plan to stop Donald Trump at the gate, it's just delusional snowflakes doing what they do best.

Anchoice between 1. play for 40-80 hours in whatever pace you like vs 2. Play for 1-2 hours a day, for a total and minimum of 40days.

I prefer the binge option. If im "into" something i want to do that thing all the time, i dont want to toggle between games to meet some daily threshold because that reminds me too much of a chore rather than a hobby. Also it doesnt help that the activities in recent expansions have often been quite mindless.
    When I was 15 I thought that was neat too, as an adult with more responsibilities and less time I don't mind the change that lets you get a couple of things daily and space things out a bit. But I think even in the bigger picture, the "there's nothing to do" problem that was pretty big in Wotlk/Cata and peaked in WoD, they kinda fixed that by adding some more time gates and such.

I do think there's a middle ground though. Some things IMO make sense to be time gated but other things don't. They've always seemed to struggle to find that balance IMO and they go too far on either side of the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can almost wholeheartedly say, after seeing the comments from the devs with 24 pronouns on twitter gloating about the changes they pushed for, that they were NOT the target of any alleged 'cube crawl'
    So without knowing we just attack them regardless... classy. Maybe you should be taking your blame out on the butt touchers instead, because of them all this stuff would still be in the game. Don't blame the people who you don't know may or may not be victims in this.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance