Page 7 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who left WoW back in January before all this shit went down I feel like I escaped a capsizing ship and I'm ojn the lifeboat with cocktails and popcorn watching it drown and just not caring in the process.. :P

EDIT: So I learned that the master baiter isn't a problem but that the person who implemented it was implicated in the recent events and don't want his jokes in the game... so whatever... thats fine.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-10-04 at 12:19 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Wow, this is amazing, I'm sure when word gets out that the "Let me show you my kung fu grip" flirt has been removed from wow, sexual harassment will go down at least 6%

This honestly feels like a stinky fart escaping the dying corpse that used to be blizzard.

https://twitter.com/valentine_irl

These are the people running the show at Blizzard now. Narcissistic lunatics with 50 pronouns and flags in their twitter profile.

They're doomed.

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2021-10-04 at 12:17 PM.

What a shitshow, no wonder current WoW is shit. This sort of stuff takes priority for Blizzard.

Glad I left the game. Probably for good this time. Let the company go bankrupt at this point, it won't ever become better. Go woke, go broke.

in 2004 they tried to make game fun for people to play

in 2021 devs try to make game "safe" for them to work(?) on it

wrong people in the wrong place

they clearly shouldn't be in game development

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I see them doing this as a big troll job to trigger the incel crowd in the game. Will probably work.
    Hard cope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Some of the ones they're removing were added in BfA. How does that make sense? Last year it was cool, this year it's unacceptable? Quick 180
    I'll explain.

A good portion if not all of the devs that came out claiming they pushed for these changes haven't worked there for more than 4 years. That means they tacked on around late Legion to early to mid BfA.

Does that paint a clearer picture?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    As someone who left WoW back in January before all this shit went down I feel like I escaped a capsizing ship and I'm ojn the lifeboat with cocktails and popcorn watching it drown and just not caring in the process.. :P

EDIT: So I learned that the master baiter isn't a problem but that the person who implemented it was implicated in the recent events and don't want his jokes in the game... so whatever... thats fine.
    Hitler drank water, you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Wow, this is amazing, I'm sure when word gets out that the "Let me show you my kung fu grip" flirt has been removed from wow, sexual harassment will go down at least 6%

This honestly feels like a stinky fart escaping the dying corpse that used to be blizzard.
    Uhm... sweetie? We don't use that word anymore. It's abusive and not conductive to maintaining a safe and exclusive space.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Uhm... sweetie? We don't use that word anymore. It's abusive and not conductive to maintaining a safe and exclusive space.
    Please, refrain from using words like these. Can be taken as an offense.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Please, refrain from using words like these. Can be taken as an offense.
    Uhm, being smug, smarmy and condescending ackchually makes me a part of the good boy club. All us virtuous goodboys who fight the heckin chuds can't be bad.

It's the "your momma" jokes that are actually harassing!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Uhm, being smug, smarmy and condescending ackchually makes me a part of the good boy club. All us virtuous goodboys who fight the heckin chuds can't be bad.

It's the "your momma" jokes that are actually harassing!
    Oh shit, someone is in trouble now! Not sure if it's you or me or both though, we better ticket blizzard to find out who made the bigger booboo, I'm a woman and a POC, how does your race/gender card look?

Bobby Kotick needs to fire these people. They clearly want to work on a game that's not Warcraft. Why did they even apply at Blizzard?
    Game is about murder, war, people getting thrown off cliffs, souls being forcefully ripped from their bodies... No flirting.

I can't fathom how backwards these fools are in their thinking. Really goes to show how brainwashed people have become that violence is ok but sexual material isn't.

Fucking close your doors already Blizzard. You suck. Don't want anymore games from you with this mentality at the reigns

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Oh shit, someone is in trouble now! Not sure if it's you or me or both though, we better ticket blizzard to find out who made the bigger booboo, I'm a woman and a POC, how does your race/gender card look?
    U-uhm.. please excuse me! I did not know I was replying to a bipoc persxn of uterus bearing quality. I am so very sorry and I will be in contact with somebody from higher up on the oppression ladder to educate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Sense of humor is an accompanying attribute to intelligence. Blizzard already posted a blog explaining how removing these things helps their own development teams. Combined with the quality of the product those teams have been (barely) producing lately we can sum up a good picture of how creatively and mentally potent they are.
    Unfortunatley we live in an age where a sense of humor equates to fart jokes, apparently, oh wait, no even those are offencive these days, I guess were going back to the canned laughter era of christmas comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Thanks for the link! From their comments, I'm kind of wondering if it's something that's been bothering the devs for a while. They do seem like the sort of jokes that the 'cubical crawl' staff would have used.

I wasn't aware /flirt was the core element of Warcraft.
    I wasnt aware, people were offended by something so baselined, and also, please, lotting in humor with the cubical crawlers is like comparing Xi Ping to China, you have to seperate the stupid people from the majority somewhere or your just painting everyone with the same brush.

Otherwise if thats your perogative then you really are a lost cause.

And what is even wrong with /Flirt anyway? Let me ask you sincerely, try to explain to me exactly 'what' you can nitpick out of a thousand tiny nothings that actually makes it so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    These jokes aren't a product of predatory behaviour, it's a product of normal human behaviour.

It's silly to go after something that's just normal human behaviour when it comes to jokes with sexual innuendos.
    ...is it normal human behaviour? The only people I've encountered who do use those sorts of "flirting' lines are real sleezeballs. I'd never describe the lines as "normal human behaviour."

Good to know if i ever get the desire to come back to wow, I should find a P server

Blizzard: "We've been absolutely terrible to our female staff, Let's fix that by taking our game from a T for Teen to an E for Everyone, Remove female agency and sexuality, and become just another carbon copy mmo!"

Dude... we just wanted you to acknowledge that you've done terrible shit to the female employees, apologize, and pay restitution. none of this other stuff is even really related, seems to be the typical kneejeck reaction blizzard generally gives, or at worse is simply window dressing to cover that blizzard is only doing the literal bare minimum of actual changes.

We dont need to see changes in the game. we need to see changes IN THE OFFICE. Changes in the game just show that blizzard really isnt listening.

Its strange that all this time people thought that there was going to be a "wow killer" game, when all along blizzard was going to kill it themselves.

...is it normal human behaviour? The only people I've encountered who do use those sorts of "flirting' lines are real sleezeballs. I'd never describe the lines as "normal human behaviour."
    The JOKES were a product of normal behavior, not the act of flirting in this way, that's the joke... I swear, the most basic fallacy that the puritans first drummed up never runs out of style. Silly behavior by a fictional character does not condone said behavior, it never ever has.

Some of these made me cringe when I read them. Clearly this is the unpopular opinion but most of these wouldn't be appropriate to say to someone while flirting in real life (removing the warcraft spin to them of course) so to me it makes sense they'd be removed. Shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    Good to know if i ever get the desire to come back to wow, I should find a P server

Blizzard: "We've been absolutely terrible to our female staff, Let's fix that by taking our game from a T for Teen to an E for Everyone, Remove female agency and sexuality, and become just another carbon copy mmo!"

Dude... we just wanted you to acknowledge that you've done terrible shit to the female employees, apologize, and pay restitution. none of this other stuff is even really related, seems to be the typical kneejeck reaction blizzard generally gives, or at worse is simply window dressing to cover that blizzard is only doing the literal bare minimum of actual changes.

We dont need to see changes in the game. we need to see changes IN THE OFFICE. Changes in the game just show that blizzard really isnt listening.

Its strange that all this time people thought that there was going to be a "wow killer" game, when all along blizzard was going to kill it themselves.
    Thank god someone said it.

Yes, changes, in the WORKPLACE not the game, if anything keeping your shame is proof you own it, rather than hiding it in the ditch in an attempt to pretend it doesnt exist.

Using them as flirting lines? Yeah, sleazy people do.
    Using them as jokes? Almost everyone is doing innuendos. It doesn't have to be these lines specifically. If you haven't done any jokes with sexual innuendos I find that hard to believe tbh. Though that would be abnormal behaviour if you ask me. It's even ingrained in most comedy movies or shows. Sexual jokes/innuendos are normal.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-10-04 at 12:58 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Joking is normal human behaviour. These lines are jokes. That's the point. It's funny coz they're kinda lame. But context has no meaning anymore.

Of course someone actually using these 'flirting' lines in an actual serious setting is just going to be rejected for being an idiot.

I'm actually amazed at this point that Pandaren haven't been removed for stereotypical depictions of Chinese culture. And Trolls, how on earth have they survived the Great Purge??

This is where are at now. I feel utterly embarrassed. Pathetic