Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    More games should let you hang dong and have no players.
    Well, at least WoW is heading in the direction of Age of Conan in the latter sense. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I'm wondering if any of the remaining /flirt reference genitals or sex acts.
    My totem thunders. All. Night. Long.
    Get as rough as you like. I've got a thick hide.
    Before we go any further, I need to know... How high is your pain threshold?
    My safe word is "zug-zug".
    No illusions here. Everything you see is real... very real.
    Only an insecure troll brags about the size of his tusks.
    You tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    Okay, the flirts I understand their reasoning, even though I don't agree with it. But the jokes? What's offensive with "I give myself a Dutch oven pedicure every night. I've got no foot fungus at all. My toes are pristine."? Or ""One time I laughed so hard I milked all over the floor." (this one is great btw)?
    When you look at the

Twitter bios
    of the devs behind the changes
    it all becomes clear

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...on_twitter_to/

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    You tell me.
    Oh thanks! I wonder if they'll go in a third pass.

Context has meaning, but context is always changing. The context now is that a company with a culture of grossly inappropriate sexual misconduct has a game with jokes like Hey, hot stuff. Want to try breeding in captivity? and I must be asleep, 'cause you are a dream come true. Also, I'm slightly damp. in it. That maybe jokes about bondage sex and wet dreams aren't great in the current context.
    context
    /ˈkɒntɛkst/
    noun
    the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood.
    "the proposals need to be considered in the context of new European directives"

Pandas are fucking shit at sustaining themselves in the wild.

Thanks for proving context has no meaning to you

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I dunno really, they should be upset at the sex pests who ruined the companies reputation, not the devs trying to salvage it. As misguided as it may be.

I almost forgot they existed tbqh.
    Yep, but that would mean confronting what they love as potentially flawed. And that's hard to...cope with.

Context has meaning, but context is always changing. The context now is that a company with a culture of grossly inappropriate sexual misconduct has a game with jokes like Hey, hot stuff. Want to try breeding in captivity? and I must be asleep, 'cause you are a dream come true. Also, I'm slightly damp. in it. That maybe jokes about bondage sex and wet dreams aren't great in the current context.
    And Hitler drank water.

https://twitter.com/Stiven_SRB/statu...53551118249985

Leave it to new Blizzard, to remove a line that was already censored.

...Thanks, now I know why its screwed.

*sigh* more revisionism and censorship.

I quite liked pressing /joke on my Tauren and Pandas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Can the company please start acting like a professional business and quit fueling fire of antagonizing the customer base please?
    The company is run by manchildren who believe in pushing their ideology. They're never going to change. The old Blizzard as you knew it is dead and is never coming back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I didn’t play with sound on so I never heard a lot of those jokes. They had some good ones. Didn’t they remove the troll one about killin gnomes forever ago, too?
    I keep hearing people say that they don't play with the sound on. Why? WoW had a stellar soundtrack (up until Legion). Incredible ambience. Plus a lot of the voice acting was really good. Sounds like a lot of people missed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    *sigh* more revisionism and censorship.

I quite liked pressing /joke on my Tauren and Pandas.

- - - Updated - - -

The company is run by manchildren who believe in pushing their ideology. They're never going to change. The old Blizzard as you knew it is dead and is never coming back.
    If only there was some middle ground between sex pests making a mildly enjoyable game with some flavorful elements and boring automaton puritans that make a meh game with a story ripped from the MCU and every slight edge sanded off to make sure nobody can possibly get offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    So when will they drop the T rating to PG?
    They would have to cull like 70% of the game's entire content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    wow well its going to far now
    The Silverpine Forest questline revisionism years ago wasn't when WoW started going too far?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    They would have to cull like 70% of the game's entire content.

- - - Updated - - -

The Silverpine Forest questline revisionism years ago wasn't when WoW started going too far?
    Years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Instead of passing the torch they went for torching the past. Good for them, I guess.

At least they can't remove things from private servers.
    Sadly hardly any WoW private servers go past Wrath.

Yeh Blizzard this will fix everything, be like someone suffering an illness and hoping it'll go away if they ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    Good to know if i ever get the desire to come back to wow, I should find a P server
    Ascension is pretty fun. The current draft server, Alar, exploded with new players, to the point that they had to start incentivizing players to spread out into other cities and to do dungeons and BGs to keep the servers from crashing. That made the open world less populated but they will probably have the servers improved by the time the next season rolls around, so just treat the current season as a special BG/dungeon server. The draft server just unlocked Molten Core and will reach BC next year. The freepick server, Area 52, is in BC right now and will reach Wrath next year. It's not as active as the draft server, but if you don't like the frustration of RNG then you'll like the Freepick server as you can just pick any build you want, no strings attached.

There is also Conquest of Azeroth with its 17 brand new classes like Necromancer or Tinkers or Son of Arugal which looks great, and will have the same features as Ascension (made by the same team).

There is also the Revelation server which is reimagining Azeroth and completely overhauling the old zones.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Some of the ones they're removing were added in BfA. How does that make sense? Last year it was cool, this year it's unacceptable? Quick 180
    Given that Alex was still at the company in bfa and JAB was still sweeping it all under the rug it’s not surprising there would still be stuff added that others wouldn’t be ok with but wouldn’t have the power to change.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Yeah when I saw it in that thread in reddit, it all became clear. In a sad way.

I can see two explaination for this madness:

1). Blizzard was overrun by "non binary" and all that stuff people. They don't care about the legacy of the game, they don't care about the players, the customers. They only care about making their beliefs come to life. Sadly, the choice they made is to do it in an aggressive way, cancelling everything that doesn't agree with their new vision. It's typical extremism, just on the other side of the fence, and extremism is never good. For people who are into the LoL esport scene, they might recognize Froskurinn - she's the exact example of toxic representation.

2). Blizzard, as an act of trying to salvage their ruined image, surveyed their employees, found out who's "non binary" etc. and gave them a free reign for a bit. Literally just do what you want. That way those people, who were judged before or were witness to it, are suddenly consumed by "fixing the game" and get the impression that Blizzard cares about them. Of course as is tradition for Blizzard by now, their intentions were good, but execution was terrible.

Either way, imagine being an employee in Blizzard who lives their normal life, without the need to "identify their gender" but also not being abusive towards people that are different than them. They are witnessing this madness unfold first hand and there's nothing they can do. Keep in mind we've seen tweets just from a few people, some of them not even working in Blizzard anymore. There are tens if not hundreds employees who remain silent for now. Can't blame them though. It must be painful seeing the legacy of WoW brand being tarnished and "adjusted", yet also scary that if you voice your opinion about it and it's not 100% "supportive towards the devs" you're gonna get cancelled and potentially fired.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Being requested by devs who weren't working there when they were implemented so yeah pretty much same as randoms on twitter. Also anyone who would say hold on this is getting absurd would be 100% getting called a misogynist racist right now. Not exactly an environment that's conducive to any disagreement at the moment.
    Given that alot of this stuff was put in when Alex was still sexual harassing people and Morhaime was still there to reprimand people who came forth it’s not really a surprise that the devs working there didn’t have a problem with it or couldn’t speak out.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Yeah when I saw it in that thread in reddit, it all became clear. In a sad way.

I can see two explaination for this madness:

1). Blizzard was overrun by "non binary" and all that stuff people. They don't care about the legacy of the game, they don't care about the players, the customers. They only care about making their beliefs come to life. Sadly, the choice they made is to do it in an aggressive way, cancelling everything that doesn't agree with their new vision. It's typical extremism, just on the other side of the fence, and extremism is never good. For people who are into the LoL esport scene, they might recognize Froskurinn - she's the exact representation of toxic representation.

2). Blizzard, as an act of trying to salvage their ruined image, surveyed their employees, found out who's "non binary" etc. and gave them a free reign for a bit. Literally just do what you want. That way those people, who were judged before or were witness to it, are suddenly consumed by "fixing the game" and get the impression that Blizzard cares about them. Of course as is tradition for Blizzard by now, their intentions were good, but execution was terrible.

Either way, imagine being an employee in Blizzard who lives their normal life, without the need to "identify their gender" but also not being abusive towards people that are different than them. They are witnessing this madness unfold first hand and there's nothing they can do. Keep in mind we've seen tweets just from a few people, some of them not even working in Blizzard anymore. There are tens if not hundreds employees who remain silent for now. Can't blame them though. It must be painful seeing the legacy of WoW brand being tarnished and "adjusted", yet also scary that if you voice your opinion about it and it's not 100% "supportive towards the devs" you're gonna get cancelled and potentially fired.
    The transphobia is 10/10.