Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some of these are fantastic removals. Orc estrogen one? Perpetuating the idea that all strong women have an estrogen deficiency, while alienating MtF trans players at the same time (because... yes you can eat estrogen lol). Black joke in undead male? Totally justifiable. Goblin male borderline rape joke? I was so baffled when I heard it the first time that I thought I must be hearing things, that had to go.

Removing a joke about a cow wearing leather because you're working with a sex negative feminist perspective and it could be misconstrued to be kink related, then leaving the actual kink one asking "hey are you into leather"? Removing the goblin female calling themselves independent and that they "still let men do stuff for them but don't give credit" but keeping the "let's go to town and buy me expensive jewelry?" These are just inconsistent, *and* working with a paradigm that doesn't satisfy me even as someone who is extremely SJW, socially-minded and queer. They should do another pass that isn't them obviously trying to be able to tell their boss "we removed at least one thing from each race!"
    Last edited by Firefall; 2021-10-04 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The new universal flirt they are going to replace it with is going to be something like:

"Hello individual; I appreciate your uniqueness and would like to become friends with you. Should you desire a romantic relationship with me at a later date I would gladly accept and am willing to wait years for that opportunity if that is ok with you."

Game has a literal road made from bones of Draenei who were raped and murdered and yet they are removing jokes/flirts lol.
    Uniqueness huh? Sounds a bit like not everybody can be like that, and that's offensive and hurts feelings. Remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Using them as flirting lines? Yeah, sleazy people do.
    Using them as jokes? Almost everyone is doing innuendos. It doesn't have to be these lines specifically. If you haven't done any jokes with sexual innuendos I find that hard to believe tbh. Though that would be abnormal behaviour if you ask me. It's even ingrained in most comedy movies or shows. Sexual jokes/innuendos are normal.
    Its astonishing that some few indivuals doesnt know this. Sexual jokes are some of the most used themed jokes in human history. We can drag it that far because its true.

Joking about the human body. Mind blown.

Real life is over here. Step into the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Who is that fragile that they find these flirts and jokes to be offensive or pointed at them?
    nu-blizz devs

*popcorn eating remote*

Who is that fragile that they find these flirts and jokes to be offensive or pointed at them?
    The devs themselves. There's a thread on reddit with their tweets where one of them acknowledges that.

The game is officially dead and it's not just about these pathetic changes. They're gonna change the whole game with this mindset. The story, characters, quests... RIP.

The thigh joke made people with flat butts offended
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Just.... ridiculous.

Now not even JOKES are allowed to be jokes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope someone's keeping a thread open about every change made after this. We need these categized. I get the feeling blizzard aint even halfway done. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    I never even noticed these jokes in-game, I think I briefly read some of them on Wowpedia, but that was it, basically. I'm not even sure if most players knew how to access them.

There are plenty of jokes possible without such references, perhaps references to popular culture or something else. I'm a bit surprised, because the in-game content seems pretty tame, there's not even much kissing or hugging between characters (more fighting and killing each other and NPCs), and yet the jokes seem to be pretty mature by comparison.
    Because the game used to be for mature audiences. It wasn't supposed to be a children/all ages game.

Weird since there is such a movement for freedom in everything, including sexuality and adult themes overall, but they're going the opposite of it.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The new universal flirt they are going to replace it with is going to be something like:

"Hello individual; I appreciate your uniqueness and would like to become friends with you. Should you desire a romantic relationship with me at a later date I would gladly accept and am willing to wait years for that opportunity if that is ok with you."

Game has a literal road made from bones of Draenei who were raped and murdered and yet they are removing jokes/flirts lol.
    Just remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Sadly hardly any WoW private servers go past Wrath.
    I think there's some Hungarian MoP server but yeah, most people play Classic/TBC/WoTLK.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Very soon WoW will be rated G+ by the ESRB. You won't kill mobs anymore either. We will just kindly ask them to go play over there after freely handing over all their loot to us. Oh and we will give them a good-bye hug as well. This is getting down right pathetic.

So many triggered snowflakes in this thread. Who cares? How exactly does this effect your gameplay? It doesn't, but so many people love the dopamine rush of complaining about the dumbest shit. Sad.

This is the literal END of WoW!...not

Never even seen any of these text lines, nor did 99% of the players. Yet somehow it's the apocalypse they are getting removed. Grow up please.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    So many triggered snowflakes in this thread. Who cares? How exactly does this effect your gameplay? It doesn't, but so many people love the dopamine rush of complaining about the dumbest shit. Sad.
    Yet here you are, complaining about people complaining, clearly worked up that people care about something you don't care about which was brought about in the first place because people apparently cared enough about it to remove or modify it.

Wanna keep this roll going or are you going to be a big boy and let people have their own priorities and things to care about?
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2021-10-04 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always wondered what would happen if you gave the twitter mob control over a project and apparently it is ending up as bad as i guessed it would be.

WoWs world was always littered with popular cultural references, taste can be argued about but if this is seen as offensive it should give you a good idea what the future will bring, not a whole lot of good as they do not know what people got bothered by, so they are changing things around based on social justice values they pick up from a loud minority on twitter.

Ah well lore wise the game ended a long time ago, so changing the rest of the setting for the worse is not going to do that much more harm, because if you think this is bad wait till you see the -new- lore that gets created by this sort of influence.

The irony is WoW is trading in one echo chamber for another at the development level.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's the kind of shit people would dramatically suggest is going to happen and then be called doomsaying slippery slope fools for like 2-3 years ago.
    Even worse are the people who say of every single censorship

"it's just one small thing, who cares!"

These people are the absolute worst as they ensure this shit continues to happen and always gets worse. It's the classic death by a 1,000 cuts scenario.

Blizzard has been aggressively censoring their old material for many years now, either for China, or for PR, or for political reasons. It's utterly sickening and watching people excuse it is what's allowing it to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait why even have flirting at all? It's almost like the entire point of flirting is to be sexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This is the literal END of WoW!...not

Never even seen any of these text lines, nor did 99% of the players. Yet somehow it's the apocalypse they are getting removed. Grow up please.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    If you aren't able to comprehend that it's really not about these changes but the agenda behind them and that it will affect the whole game in the future, the story, characters, quests, events, everything, then that's your problem.