Page 18 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Stereotype?

(please don't hang me, I am the one that cook)
    Tailoring and cooking is something that's considered a female chore / related to housewife. Which obviously is problematic to joke about.
    Just explaining which kind of ruined my sarcastic original post
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Tailoring and cooking is something that's considered a female chore / related to housewife.
    Just explaining which kind of ruined my sarcastic original post
    I was also sarcastic.

Damn, forgot that /s, twice! Though my last sentence should have made it clear! Sarcasm doesn't really read well, I know

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    "Your mother" jokes, flirts and the ability to /fart on other players are like Confederate statues...
    100%. Simple shit that is bizarre to get worked up about. It won't solve the greater problem, but it's something.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    100%. Simple shit that is bizarre to get worked up about. It won't solve the greater problem, but it's something.
    Now I know what they meant when they said 2012 is the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    If you were not aware, Blizzard is being investigated for creating a unsafe work environment and other sexual assault/harassment issues. Taking out stuff like this from the game is the easiest thing to do to affect their image. It's like the basic things to do before attacking the big problems.
    Ah, Virtue Signaling. The absolute worst thing to ever arise on this planet in the past 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I was also sarcastic.

Damn, forgot that /s, twice! Though my last sentence should have made it clear! Sarcasm doesn't really read well, I know
    damn, one upped me. Just got it... *facepalm*
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    If you think that only impact is this, then you are confused. This is the new direction. A game that revolving around murder and attempted genocides swapped with nerf bats with the same intent.

This is the new direction. It will likely turn off many players. WoW isn't in the healthiest position right now.

The core problem people have is if you think changing those lines magically removes all the harassment problems that humans did to other humans, not innuendos in a game, then clearly they don't understand what harassment is.

They honestly, and sincerely, think removing these dialog lines "helps" their position and "helps" remove the problem they have.

This is what happens when 'wokeness' is taken to an extreme. You have a game revolving around murder but they're problem is you aren't killing people "the polite way". Not that they have a problem with murder. They have a problem with the gender or some other silly thing about HOW you're doing the murder. This is akin to your brakes not working while you're about to drive off of a cluff and you complaining that your seatbelt isn't comfortable. Your priorities are jacked up.

But maybe this is what you want. I dunno. I can tell you if that's the new direction of WoW, then I likely won't be interested. It will mean they are effectively banned from any actually interesting dialog or plots.

Now if they fix PvP then I might reconsider. Not like you need plot or anything interesting for that.

Ah well, it was fun... well... up through WotLK... and MoP.. and Legion. Everything else was a dumpster fire.
    No man, it's literally just you posting a wall of text because someone removed a sex joke from a game. There are no major issues of any sort here that impact the gameplay in any significant way. They are removing things most people never even seen, but things which may be seen as inappropriate in such a game by some people. No one loses here. You are either unaffected or you are happy. Unless you want to tell me you're playing WoW to read sexual innuendos uttered by female dwarves then yeah, you lose here.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I hope this kind of thing doesn't ever reach FFXIV. Sounds like a fucking nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    Ah, Virtue Signaling. The absolute worst thing to ever arise on this planet in the past 3 years.
    EVER!!!....In the past 3 years??? I dunno, perhaps that ol global pandemic thing may be a little worse than some bullshit that conservative incels like to whinge about.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Except this is all the devs, they have said so themselves in multiple places. This isn't coming corporate.
    It is a small group of whiny and loud people gloating that they got something they wanted. Even if it was the devs I really am not going to clap my hands because a bunch of new hires started shitting up a franchise I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I hope this kind of thing doesn't ever reach FFXIV. Sounds like a fucking nightmare.
    So long as the Japanese don't really pay any heed to Westerners and our weird cultural reversal process, we should be fine.

Now I know what they meant when they said 2012 is the end of the world.
    Actually in 2012 there were survivors, so while it was catastrophic and a bad movie, not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    That’s nice supposition and all but the devs have already came out and said it’s all them while they still push for there earlier demands, so that idea doesn’t have a leg to stand on.
    It is what... six devs? Juniors at that? If it is every dev and I doubt it is, the situation was say this or be fired.

flirting is terrible and world ending...

but not impaling the heads of your enemies on the spires of ogrimmar.

inb4 there's a female raid boss... but you're not allowed to hit her because shes a woman.

..... is america getting weaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    flirting is terrible and world ending...

but not impaling the heads of your enemies on the spires of ogrimmar.

..... is america getting weaker?
    This is nothing new. We have major hang-ups about sex, but not about violence.

Blizzard devs: "Remove the sex jokes."

Players: "But we don't even use them and they aren't even funny...we come up with better ones in Trade chat all day every day..."

Blizzard devs: "But how will you know we are serious as a company about changing our culture and promoting a safe working place for all genders and walks of life?"

Players: ".....How about by not being pieces of shit?"

Blizzard devs: "Got it."

*deletes King Ymiron's bleeped out dialogue*

These are good changes. Hopefully the devs are soon feeling safe enough in the game to continue developing the game. /s

Seriously, that’s what you get when you let mentally ill/weak sjw develop a game. How sensitive can you be to feel offended/triggered/unsafe by those jokes or even pixels. How the flying fuck have they managed to survive this long when seemingly everything triggers these poor mentally weak people. Jfc

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    So it's an all or nothing thing right? The game was developed and produced by abusers and enablers. So why are we even still playing it? I thought cancel culture demanded total blackout of an artist's work if they were even associated with abuse or enabling it?

Maybe because people don't actually believe it should happen. So removing a few pieces of dialogue literally means nothing. The Misogynistic devs are still going to be as such, the abusers are still going to abuse, and the enablers are still going to enable. These lines are not going to change that. None of them were like "Hey, this is Mike and I love Alex, he's the coolest fking guy to party with! Total ladies hound RAWR!" It's meaningless. Do it, don't do it, whatever. However, telling me this is something to promote a different culture? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's like lying to your kid that it ain't gonna hurt when he crashes his bike without the training wheels for the first time.

Blizzard really needs to treat its consumers like free thinking adults, let them make market decisions, and change the culture within the company not within the game. The game culture is set and final.
    I can’t speak for cancel culture as I can’t say say I’ve ever wanted any thing canceled.

As far as I’m considered if the abused devs wants to remove the abusers and there enablers and trim down the problematic parts they added I’m all for it even if I like some of the stuff being removed.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

So long as the Japanese don't really pay any heed to Westerners and our weird cultural reversal process, we should be fine.
    Gotta love the Japanese

Norm Macdonald: "I've never heard a rape joke in my life. Comedians don't make rape jokes. Well, I've heard about rape joked one way and that's the prison way. 'Oh you better not drop the soap and bend over buddy, or you're gonna get raped' queue the laughter. But no one actually jokes about men raping women."