Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nothing says defeating sexism quite as much as depriving women of sexual freedom. They all should be chaste, asexual beings with no ways to ever act otherwise.

I don't know what side they're on anymore, but it surely isn't one that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Actually in 2012 there were survivors, so while it was catastrophic and a bad movie, not the end of the world.
    Darn you pedantry.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Nothing says defeating sexism quite as much as depriving women of sexual freedom. They all should be chaste, asexual beings with no ways to ever act otherwise.

I don't know what side they're on anymore, but it surely isn't one that makes sense
    Yea man, if I use /flirt with a verified girl with a verified vagina on the internet, I must be looking to make her my sex slave and impose my male ideas over her free will. I'm glad females are finally safe on the internet again. That random creepy guy in my guild will NEVER message them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So long as the Japanese don't really pay any heed to Westerners and our weird cultural reversal process, we should be fine.
    Japanese and Asian Countries in general already have enough of their own weird cultural issues

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    It is what... six devs? Juniors at that? If it is every dev and I doubt it is, the situation was say this or be fired.
    Do you think the few devs who have spoken out have the power to change what ever they want? That there is no team oversight or any actual chat on what’s being removed and it’s just those six sitting in a dark room editing the game?

If this was a corporate push we wouldn’t have a few juniors taking about it they would be silent like always and it would be the big names talking about it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Japanese and Asian Countries in general already have enough of their own weird cultural issues
    That's true for every single culture on Earth. They are all unique in good and bad ways. Everyone has their positives, and everyone has their issues. To pretend like Humans are correctable mistakes is quite interesting.

Great, so we've just traded one problem for another. Fantastic.

You can't even hear the jokes/flirts unless you're in a party with the person doing the jokes/flirts. They work solo, sure, but the player using them is literally the only person that's ever going to hear them. Blizzard seems to have forgotten that they made this change.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So long as the Japanese don't really pay any heed to Westerners and our weird cultural reversal process, we should be fine.
    Square Enix actually regularly censor there games for western releases and have been doing so for some years now with bravely default being the first game that comes to mind where they did.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Hey what's that term everyone uses for when someone gets too much spit on the joint, its so moist and wet....

You just thought of the term in your head.

You a racist.

That's what making these moves believe how people act and behave. They think something this small is somehow justification for a larger issue, even though as with my example, you can think of a racist term/word and not be a racist. These thoughts can pop into your head and go nowhere. Trying to pretend like humans never make these comments or that they should never make these comments I think is silly. These are words that represent sounds. We are animals who make sounds. Banning sounds makes no sense. My dog certainly doesn't agree with the Bark ban.

Blizzard, I'd like to believe you are changing your culture as a company, but it all just seems so superficial at this point with no real changes. We've seen what what the executives have put out, and it was damage control damage control damage control and then nothing. And now we get some small removals from the game. Nothing about the culture of the workplace though.

- - - Updated - - -

Soon people will be having sex with all their clothes on, and only unzipping their pants enough so the penis can go through the pants hole into the vagina. No other touching allowed. No noises. No comments/complaints/compliments. You sex to sex not to enjoy, laugh, feel, have fun.

And then robots will just take the sperm from men and inject it into a female with no contact. That's the only way to confirm she wasn't raped. By a human anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I hope this kind of thing doesn't ever reach FFXIV. Sounds like a fucking nightmare.
    Square has dabbled in self censorship to appease the West, and Yoshi-P has made some worrying statements. Plus whoever manages FFXIV's twitter is also likely converged. Nothing blatant in the game, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Bamco bent the knee a while back.

pathetic. what a garbage game and company

Go woke go broke.

It’s all I have to say anymore about the cancel filter some devs put over WoW. We will now see if blizzard still can resist these crazy people impact on the company and their products or if it’s to late for blizzard to fight these SJWs.

This is a major mountain out of something that doesn't really matter. If you are that outraged at the idea of them cleaning things up a bit, then you should probably find a better hobby in life.

Personally, I think the changes are unnecessary, and surely not going to fix the image problem that Blizzard has. This is simply their way of making changes, without actually making meaningful changes that acknowledge that it's a shitty company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Square Enix actually regularly censor there games for western releases and have been doing so for some years now with bravely default being the first game that comes to mind where they did.
    FF6 with Kefka's now famous "SON OF A SUBMARINER!!!" comes to mind before Bravely Default
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This is a major mountain out of something that doesn't really matter. If you are that outraged at the idea of them cleaning things up a bit, then you should probably find a better hobby in life.

Personally, I think the changes are unnecessary, and surely not going to fix the image problem that Blizzard has. This is simply their way of making changes, without actually making meaningful changes that acknowledge that it's a shitty company.
    You are a moron.

This is how the crazy SJWs work, they start with very small things and put the defense crowd up like you and then over time start to make bigger and bigger changes and you are one of those people that are part of the problem.

Its not like they are developing the game with the "new" vision from 9.1.5 onwards, they are literally going back, and burning the vision other developers had in the game in the past, a vision 14M players liked, and it seems that it was more liked than this "new" vision they want.

Lets see who did that some years ago, taking the artistic things that people with a different vision did in the past and burn them. Oh yeah, those guys, congratulations blizzard you no good piece of beep

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    You are a moron.

This is how the crazy SJWs work, they start with very small things and put the defense crowd up like you and then over time start to make bigger and bigger changes and you are one of those people that are part of the problem.
    and you are nerd raging, hard.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    You are a moron.

I'm not sure you recognize the irony of your comment. The sheer outrage demonstrated by you over this shows you to be what you seemingly most despise.

I even said I think the changes are pointless, as is the overblown outrage.

7+ Year Old Account
    i could complain, get mad, or do a little rant, but rly, those things do not even get me angry anymore, just sad.

Sad that the game is hostage of people like this, sad for the future.