Page 25 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I'm so glad blizz is working very hard at making their game better with these flirt changes, totally what we needed.
    i think you forgot ur /s
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

While flirts as a feature is incredibly minor, and unlikely to affect anyone's enjoyment (or otherwise) of the game, I do feel the team would be well served to state (even anonymously) what about these they found upsetting, or offensive.

While many things have obviously aged poorly when put into a modern context, I am struggling with quite a few of these. They're obviously tongue in cheek and often poking fun at the race doing the emote.

And most importantly, when you're talking about your values etc, it's always important to explain what they are. Because otherwise it's a rather useless gesture and provides no context to what is now out of date.

On a side note, completely minor, but a lot of minor things do add up to give a game personality

"Baby come back we can change!"

I'm sure that poor womans family finally feels recompensed. They removed a panda man joking about pants. #weovercame

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feolthanos View Post
    The game is becoming more Puritan than the Mayflower as of late. I mean, "sure", Blizzard is covering their asses but their fanbase is going to drop more rapidly than it already has, not often do you see a dev team do a speedrun to kill their own game.
    All these jokes and flirts will be lost like tears in rain. Time for wow to die

10+ Year Old Account
    As a woman, I actually like some of the jokes such as the female undead line joking about her breasts. Sorry that it makes you uncomfortable, devs, but either grow a thick skin or find other areas to work in.

man about time they removed all these JOKES, as I was highly highly offended. I was looking for the nearest safe room for a good cry

Blizz, you're dumb

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I don't see any of the undead jokes removed?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...jjw/edit#gid=0

"Yes, they're REAL! They're not mine, but they're real!"
    "Us undead girls really know how to have a good time, because after all, what's the worst thing that could happen?"
    "Once you go dead, you never go back."

Ah blizz, always good for a laugh these days.

"homogenized? No way I like the ladies"

OOOOH NOW I get it, I never put thought into that one when I was younger and forgot it existed

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    If anything, this does not address the issue at all.

It only shows they don't understand the problem to begin with!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    "homogenized? No way I like the ladies"

OOOOH NOW I get it, I never put thought into that one when I was younger and forgot it existed
    It was actually removed in BfA or something apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    If anything, this does not address the issue at all.

It only shows they don't understand the problem to begin with!
    it's not the art team's job to fix the problems with the systems and mechanics of the game.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    I believe it is entirely a corporate push
    Well there’s no real way to disabuse you of that notion if you think every dev who says it’s not is lying.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Good, they are tasteless trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Except, all you had was the continued strawman...

Meanwhile, you're trying to call me names, because I see no reason to be outraged by them getting rid of this.

For the record, i also see no reason to be outraged by them not getting rid of those emotes.
    For someone who doesn't care either way, you're oddly invested in this thread. Politics being that boring lately? lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    As a woman, I actually like some of the jokes such as the female undead line joking about her breasts. Sorry that it makes you uncomfortable, devs, but either grow a thick skin or find other areas to work in.
    Nothing I love more as a woman than when people are enraged on my behalf. Please, continue shielding my fragile female sensibilities from big bad jokes.

Oh, the enlightened age in which we live.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    That literally makes no sense, since China and the Taliban are as averse to change as the incel crowd is. :shrug:
    you 100% haven't been laid in over a year lmao

people who use the insult incel unironically are as cringe as incels themselves

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    For someone who doesn't care either way, you're oddly invested in this thread. Politics being that boring lately? lmao
    Oh, I rather enjoy the shit out of irony. And, people screaming at the top of their lungs about SJWs whilst whining about such a trivial thing... are providing an endless amount of said irony.

Quote Originally Posted by h8ryan View Post
    you 100% haven't been laid in over a year lmao

people who use the insult incel unironically are as cringe as incels themselves
    From experience? Yeah, totally lol.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    When the first started making changes to past content of this nature, I told my friends "I guarantee you that the jokes and flirts will get changed or removed... may just take a while since there's voiceovers to worry about on top of replacing them with 'non-problematic' sayings." Well, joke's on me, looks like they're getting removed without being replaced for now.

So are the Steamy Romance Novels getting removed? Some of those are hilarious. At that point, may as well call this purge a digital book-burning. Make it an in-game event at least, I'd give them credit for having the gall to do that. They could reuse the Wickerman pyre this season and have people throw in-game books into it that were deemed problematic by their factions. But seriously... if all this wasn't silly beforehand, it certainly is now.
    Blizzard retconned Sylvanas to burn books that referenced old Lordaeron in the BFA book. Now Blizzard is burning records of abuse towards employees IRL and content in the game.