Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    TCU has had two or three good seasons in the Big 12. The rest they’ve lost a bunch of games.
    Teams that have won the Big 12 or were Co-Champions since TCU has joined: K-State(Co-Champs), Oklahoma, Baylor, TCU(Co-Champs).

Hmmm, not bad actually.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    So the SEC Championship game is really the National Championship game again?
    Muto's currently arguing that the national championship should just be 2 SEC teams, no G5s, etc. At least, where he's coming from makes it seem that way.

- - - Updated - - -

TCU has had two or three good seasons in the Big 12. The rest they’ve lost a bunch of games.
    Okay, what about Utah? They almost won the PAC-12 South THEIR FIRST YEAR IN THE CONFERENCE. The South has run through LA and SLC since 2011 as well. Beat a top 5 Stanford in 2013. Knocked Oregon's teeth out and hosted a top 25 GameDay in 2015. Back to back conference championships in 2018-2019. Might return to form finally in 2021 as it is.

EDIT: THREE THOUSAND AND FIVE HUNDRED POSTS ON THIS BOARD! WOOT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    EDIT: THREE THOUSAND AND FIVE HUNDRED POSTS ON THIS BOARD! WOOT!
    WHAT A NERD
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I laugh at your puny post counts!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that would never happen. They’d fair about like Maryland, Rutgers, and West Virginia.
    The only thing we know for sure is that you do not know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    It's textbook targeting rofl.
    Except initial contact with the QB was hands to the shoulder. So precisely not textbook targeting. Rofl. (did I do that right?)

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only thing we know for sure is that you do not know.

- - - Updated - - -

Except initial contact with the QB was hands to the shoulder. So precisely not textbook targeting. Rofl. (did I do that right?)
    Yeah actually I do.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Targeting can have initial contact with the hands. It's whether he had intent and lowered his helmet to contact with his crown, which he did.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah actually I do.
    It's amazing, we've gone 40 posts without you actually listing an argument in favor of remaining at four teams that hasn't either been destroyed or worked in the favor of everyone who's advocating for twelve teams here. Yet, you're acting like you're the only one who knows what they are talking about despite having been dead wrong.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Crissi can I post the current rankings now?
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2021-10-05 at 05:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it doesnt break the page again, sure! Been trying and failing to manually make a table. I'm a terrible mod xD

Targeting can have initial contact with the hands. It's whether he had intent and lowered his helmet to contact with his crown, which he did.

- - - Updated - - -

It's amazing, we've gone 40 posts without you actually listing an argument in favor of remaining at four teams that hasn't either been destroyed or worked in the favor of everyone who's advocating for twelve teams here. Yet, you're acting like you're the only one who knows what they are talking about despite having been dead wrong.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Crissi can I post the current rankings now?
    There is no argument. The further down in the rankings you go the worse the teams get. After the top four the quality of teams starts to drop significantly. And I’d argue in some cases after the top two like this year with Georgia, and Alabama. Sorry but no body wants to watch Alabama roll Oklahoma State or Georgia roll Michigan State. 1 vs 12, and 2 vs 11 if the season ended today. They could of course give the top four byes, but the result would be the same.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-10-05 at 11:57 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    You heard it here first folks, Muto wants a ALL-SEC BCS.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah actually I do.
    You don't. Objectively. But keep on doin' your little lying-a-thon, it's adorable.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no argument. The further down in the rankings you go the worse the teams get. After the top four the quality of teams starts to drop significantly. And I’d argue in some cases after the top two like this year with Georgia, and Alabama. Sorry but no body wants to watch Alabama roll Oklahoma State or Georgia roll Michigan State. 1 vs 12, and 2 vs 11 if the season ended today. They could of course give the top four byes, but the result would be the same.
    And your post right here shows you literally not only don't know what you're talking about, you haven't even bothered to learn what's out there. You're taking a bullshit snapshot in week 6 of the rankings and making ridiculous assumptions that that's it - here we are, nothing else can happen and no one can possibly beat either team (GA/AL) - even though Clemson almost did.

Oh hey - you mean those rankings that had Clemson in Top 5 at the start of the season?

- - - Updated - - -

To me he didn't, however, I can also see there is room for disagreement. And obviously your side of the argument has both the field refs and the reviews guys as well, so, there we are.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure we even need to consider his posts at this point. He's so ridiculously biased and offers zero analysis.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-10-05 at 10:38 PM.

I want the four best teams. If they all happen to be SEC teams so be it. Cincinnati is not one of them though and neither is BYU. Both would lose to the top end of the SEC, and Big 10.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-10-05 at 10:54 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I want the four best teams. If they all happen to be SEC teams so be it. Cincinnati is not one of them though and neither is BYU. Both would lose to the top end of the SEC, and Big 10.
    This is where you show you don't understand the game.

This is where you show you don't understand the game.
    Keeping dreaming in your fantasyland where you think Cincy or BYU could beat Alabama or Georgia. You know what, I hope Cincy and/or BYU make the playoff now so I can watch them get throttled.

Alabama and Georgia have 4 and 5 star recruits across the board.

Cincy probably has a few 4 star recruits, and maybe one 5 if any.

It’s the same reason why the worst NFL team would beat the best college team, because the NFL team still has better players.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-10-06 at 12:34 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Keeping dreaming in your fantasyland where you think Cincy or BYU could beat Alabama or Georgia. You know what, I hope Cincy and/or BYU make the playoff now so I can watch them get throttled.

It’s the same reason why the worst NFL team would beat the best college team, because the NFL team still has better players.
    These are literally the same arguments that *checks notes* have been deployed since 2004 to keep midmajors out of BCS bowls my dude. Have you ever heard of talent development?

"G5 schools just can't compete with P5 schools, even if they ran the table." The exact same argument was given until BSU beat OU and Utah throttled Alabama. Then the argument was that sure, they might be able to beat them in a single game but they'd be basement dwellers if they actually moved up to a P5 conference. And since then both Utah and TCU have won their divisions and played in or been conference champions/co-champions and have had multiple winning seasons. Hell, we even see the same argument all the time about the SEC, yet TA&M has done better than half of the SEC since they joined, have yet to have a losing season, and has finished in the AP top-5 twice.

When teams rarely play head to head, much less have common opponents, some teams travel further for a single conference road game than some teams do in an entire season, and so many teams can go literally decades without playing each other, the only way to verify whether or not a team could compete against another one is to let it play out on the field.

If those 4 teams really are the best then they should have no problem beating any other team in a playoff system. Plus expanding the amount of people who get in, especially those who have a shot at a guaranteed berth, helps create parity because now the only option for getting national exposure isn't limited to two or three schools.

Sure, because they waited so long to give us an actual playoff the first few years of an expanded playoff would likely result in a lot of blowouts (which is why they should have gone straight into an actual 8-12 team playoff straight out of the BCS instead of this BCS with more steps they gave us). But over time that extra exposure (and revenue from having a conference member in the playoffs) would help to build up other programs. Because, if you really wanted the 4 best teams, then you should have been furious when TCU and Stanford were left out of the top 4 and went on to absolutely annihilate their opponents (including teams who almost beat ones that were in the playoffs) in their respective bowl games while teams who barely squeaked in because they were undefeated got absolutely destroyed.

The longer FBS football is left in the feedback loop it's currently in that continues to feed two or three teams, the longer it will take to regain a lot of the parity which has been lost over the last two decades. So, if you really wanted the best teams every year, then you shouldn't be okay with a system that has excluded worthy teams in favor of teams that were worse just because one of them went undefeated against an easier schedule.

How many playoffs have those teams that moved up to Power 5s been to?

Oh yeah, zero. Only TCU managed to win their conference, which is the weakest of the Power 5s. Texas isn’t the same Texas as when they had Vince Young, and Baylor was only good for a few years because of Griffin III. And then there’s Chokelahoma.

But please invite Cincy to the playoff, so I can prove my point.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-10-06 at 01:43 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    How many playoffs have those teams that moved up to Power 5s been to?

Oh yeah, zero. Only TCU managed to win their conference, which is the weakest of the Power 5s. Texas isn’t the same Texas as when they had Vince Young, and Baylor was only good for a few years because of Griffin III. And then there’s Chokelahoma.

But please invite Cincy to the playoff, so I can prove my point.
    But that's just it - you can't prove your point, at all - because teams like Cincy have almost zero chance of getting invited. Your own statements prove the need for an increased CFP pool.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-10-06 at 02:07 AM.

if you don't give other schools a shot at the playoffs how are they ever supposed to get to the point they can compete? If you took all the P5 conference champs and G5 champs and put them into the playoffs then just maybe in a few years things could balance out. After all if you are a 4-5 star why would u want to go to a G5 vs a P5 school.... But if you though you could start a G5 and help carry them to the playoffs that offer just got more tempting

(albeit NIL hurts this and will continue to funnel recruits to a few select schools)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    if you don't give other schools a shot at the playoffs how are they ever supposed to get to the point they can compete? If you took all the P5 conference champs and G5 champs and put them into the playoffs then just maybe in a few years things could balance out. After all if you are a 4-5 star why would u want to go to a G5 vs a P5 school.... But if you though you could start a G5 and help carry them to the playoffs that offer just got more tempting

(albeit NIL hurts this and will continue to funnel recruits to a few select schools)
    Agreed. 100%.

That 12 team playoff proposal is pretty good for all around solutions. All the P5 Champs, then 7 other teams based on ranking and other conf. Top 4 gets a bye with the bottom 8 going head-to-head.