Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    What's wrong with castrum/prae? Every msq roulette has been a great time with fun conversations.

Pretty sure they're working on a trust system for them for next expansion though.
    Quite often it is the people will rush through it leaving unknowing sprouts behind. What may seem like a fun experience to you is terrible for the first timer who doesnt know what is going on, dies before the first teleporter and has to wait for people to get to the boss and be teleported to it. Ive had a couple friends want to quit from that being thier first toxic experience in the game.

It could really do with a revamp into the trust system as a story quest instead of what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Quite often it is the people will rush through it leaving unknowing sprouts behind. What may seem like a fun experience to you is terrible for the first timer who doesnt know what is going on, dies before the first teleporter and has to wait for people to get to the boss and be teleported to it. Ive had a couple friends want to quit from that being thier first toxic experience in the game.

It could really do with a revamp into the trust system as a story quest instead of what it is now.
    I think they also want to get rid of the unskippable cutscene issue, making it a trust thing would solve both, though it would be sad to get such a large chunk of XP removed.

Though I wouldn't really call rushing "toxic", no one is giving them a bad time on purpose, it's just the nature of the scaling, nothing is hard in there so theres no reason to pull just 1-2 packs a time.

I think they also want to get rid of the unskippable cutscene issue, making it a trust thing would solve both, though it would be sad to get such a large chunk of XP removed.

Though I wouldn't really call rushing "toxic", no one is giving them a bad time on purpose, it's just the nature of the scaling, nothing is hard in there so theres no reason to pull just 1-2 packs a time.
    Leaving people to die because they are irrelevant, especially with low gear, is surely toxic. The solution of making things unskippable didn't fix the whole issue. Even just adding the OPTION to trust system it with a warning that the experience may vary in grouped situations would be a perfect fix. More often than not when using roulette you are with others in a rush, but there will be the occasional sprout and they are bound to have a rough go of it.

I think he means the point where you just ignore an entire floor and go to the teleporter. If you don't do this because you don't know, you can get stuck there until everyone reaches the boss.
    Though tbh that section is terrible anyway. It's a disaster of a climax because nothing is remotely challenging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Sprouts need to speak up in Castrum/Prae. I'm more than happy to tell them that it's a rush fest, to stay with the group, and when to be ready to click on teleporters. I got commendations the other day for that by the two people who said it was their first time in Prae. It doesn't have to be a bad experience as long as you have someone to guide you through what to do.

One thing I don't like is I've been in a couple groups now where someone clicks on the lifts in Prae before everyone is on, which does screw them out of the entire magitek experience.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

First time in there I tried to ‘tank’ it like any other place and died to being left behind. Made me not care about the rest of the run and just didn’t bother doing anything for the boss, was really disheartening.

Aye, they should have just kept the teleporters inactive until you kill everything, or locked by a key, like the doors. It would just prolong the run for around 30 s and avoid the issue of these deaths.

Some of the solo content is fun and I got addicted to some of the challenges inside raids. But the combat feels very clunky and for the most part the game gets you addicted through misery and not fun. WoW combat is really good and that's why even grinding can be fun at times but in FF that's just not the case. Ofcourse the endgame community in FF is beyond cringe and disgusting though; we need the elites from WoW to come offer us something to inspire to. If I have to be completely honest with myself I was just addicted to FF (the mmo before it) and I was so addicted that the only thing I could relate to was FFXIV and so I kept playing FFXIV - rarely enjoying it.

Here is what I am talking about:
    https://ffxivthebalancediscorddrama....subreddit.html

https://youtu.be/MHNz7VSHRgw

Leaving people to die because they are irrelevant, especially with low gear, is surely toxic.
    Literally never saw this leveling every job to 80 on 2 chars, part of that time on Primal, most on Aether

are you EU by chance?

What’s good, no needless cuts to emotes and jokes lol

Quote Originally Posted by Albertacanady View Post
    Some of the solo content is fun and I got addicted to some of the challenges inside raids. But the combat feels very clunky and for the most part the game gets you addicted through misery and not fun. WoW combat is really good and that's why even grinding can be fun at times but in FF that's just not the case. Ofcourse the endgame community in FF is beyond cringe and disgusting though; we need the elites from WoW to come offer us something to inspire to. If I have to be completely honest with myself I was just addicted to FF (the mmo before it) and I was so addicted that the only thing I could relate to was FFXIV and so I kept playing FFXIV - rarely enjoying it.

What you're trying to do is kinda obvious and quite obnoxious

So assuming this is the current negative thread... in my very drunken state... i am stupidly confused by 5.4.

I mean, i get it. I actually dont get it. For some reason im solving limsa lominsa stuff. ...I, er... dont entirely get it. Im back to being a lvl 10 gopher.
    Gopher this quest objective. Gopher this quest objective.

Its natsukashii as hell. But im kinda beyond it, right? Perhaps it'll be explained. Because right now, im very confuzzled.

ETA: I like the storyline. Dont get me wrong. But it feels like the tiniest of potatoes. Pirates yarring is great. But i just defeated hades... and then a shadow of our favorite npc. Now im solving limsa's internal politics... its a step down, right? Even if its a really fun storyline.

Im not totally irritated. Its fine. But its really... not jarring... but something else? Tangential? Its gonna pay off though... if i pay attention to my very mild irritation, theres gonna be a point to this? And its not just the lominsan's getting along with everyone. Its deeper? Right? Katchii, i missed something again? Theres a point to this...(just tell me if i did - not what specifically i missed).
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-10-10 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Its gonna pay off though... if i pay attention to my very mild irritation, theres gonna be a point to this?
    I think it's just part of the lead in to wrapping everything up in EW. Unfortunately, no, there is no payoff if you don't care about the relations between the Beast Tribes and the City-States.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

FFXIV is a fun and interesting game I like playing it. But the real problem is the Balance Discord and the ffxiv reddit discord to an extent. Balance discord mods are the same people who gatekeep the entire endgame community. The are some of the worst most miserable people on the planet and a majority of them are beyond disgusting when you get to know them.
    Not a single time did anyone from some obscure discord server show up during our progression this expansion and gatekept us, how would they even be able to enforce that?? If there's something on the Internet you don't like, just avoid it.

Haven't done much outside of it yet but damn the msq is addicting, start to finish in 4 months total, 300 hours.

Even if i really dislike the endgame loop (which i doubt as my job and most encounters got really fun to play around SB) I'll likely always buy the current expansion and some sub time to enjoy the msq.

Also glamour... sadly a bit inconvenient system behind it but damn it looks good, I have never been a transmog/mount guy in WoW but for xiv I might make an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    There's a preeeeetty big, permanent change in the world that comes from that particular bit of the story.
    I guess I don't remember what that was unless you mean the cure for tempering.

Did you honestly make a new account just to attack FF14?

Every single one of your posts is doing it.

Just go back and play WoW if that's your thing, man. We all see what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    [SNIP]

Im not totally irritated. Its fine. But its really... not jarring... but something else? Tangential? Its gonna pay off though... if i pay attention to my very mild irritation, theres gonna be a point to this? And its not just the lominsan's getting along with everyone. Its deeper? Right? Katchii, i missed something again? Theres a point to this...(just tell me if i did - not what specifically i missed).
    Yes, you missed something. Why you're dealing with the politics in Limsa is pretty thoroughly explained in the story. It's not something that will be explained later, because it's discussed and explained at the beginning of the issue, when you start the series of quests there.

Yes it's a "step down" from super hero work, but in regards to the overall trajectory of the story, it makes complete sense.

Bottom line: Cure for tempering, peace between the city-states and the beast tribes, one of the pirate crews in Limsa isn't OK with that and by their actions is threatening the tenuous peace with them, so we volunteered to get them in line, so that Eorzea both man and beast man can finally be united.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yes, you missed something. Why you're dealing with the politics in Limsa is pretty thoroughly explained in the story. It's not something that will be explained later, because it's discussed and explained at the beginning of the issue, when you start the series of quests there.

Yes it's a "step down" from super hero work, but in regards to the overall trajectory of the story, it makes complete sense.

Bottom line: Cure for tempering, peace between the city-states and the beast tribes, one of the pirate crews in Limsa isn't OK with that and by their actions is threatening the tenuous peace with them, so we volunteered to get them in line, so that Eorzea both man and beast man can finally be united.
    Ah im so dumb. I got so caught up in the provincial nature of the 5.4 story that i forgot the bigger thing at play here. We're not just solving the petty conflicts regarding tempering. We're solving 'tempering' itself. And that's why its not just a side quest. Its directly leading into the endwalker conclusion. Thanks, Katchii.
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-10-12 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

I dont even see it as a step down. Its a profound and fundamental change to Eorzia's dynamic that we are ensuring moves forward. (massive pre-Endwalker spoilers) We have made aether crystals and primals as they were before irrelevant. Applying new lessons from ShB to the defining core issues of Eorzia which have plagued it since 1.0. When we speak to the pirate factions (something we did before where we got a very brosque response), we see they have naturally moved on with the times and are happier for it, except for one group. We also resolve old wounds between the beast tribes and other Eorzians that even the miracle cure does not magically resolve.

The entire thing is us making Alphinauds broken dream from ARR a reality, but doing it the right way on a scale he never realized could be achievable, using the lessons we learnt since then, especially during ShB. That is ENORMOUS.