Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    Holy shit, that noise wasn't even up when I posted. Anyway: seconded, both regarding that post and the one to which it's a reply. (Funny about how "politics" is always defined, too.)
    I keep getting shit for pushing back on the politics angle of this and it's always from people who cannot keep politics out of the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Rest in Peace.
    They removed this too?????!?

I will say over and over and over, who do they think actually play this game??

Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    All you morons still subbed only have yourselves to blame, being mad simply isn't a good enough response anymore - enjoy your dying game and supporting a dying company that protects abusers and criminals

So many already unsubbed and the game is "dying" according to you. So if even more people unsubbed they would of added these changes regardless. It's a problem of woke culture and brainwashing in schools. I wouldn't be suprised if one of the male devs said one of these removed jokes at the office and that is what was considered sexual harassment and rape by the state of California

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I keep getting shit for pushing back on the politics angle of this and it's always from people who cannot keep politics out of the conversation.
    Eeeyup. "Politics" always means "anything that doesn't pander exclusively to me, at all others' expense." Note that I say this as someone who considers a lot of the innuendo that was removed to have been irrelevant to the actual ethics scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    I wouldn't be suprised if one of the male devs said one of these removed jokes at the office and that is what was considered sexual harassment and rape by the state of California
    I can assure you that jokes about flattening steel with one's thighs and/or having wet tongues are not, in fact, considered "sexual harassment," much less "rape," here. In fact: the only one talking about rape here seems to be you.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-04 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    All you morons still subbed only have yourselves to blame, being mad simply isn't a good enough response anymore - enjoy your dying game and supporting a dying company that protects abusers and criminals
    Tell another mmo to get raids and dungeons down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

I keep hearing people say that they don't play with the sound on. Why? WoW had a stellar soundtrack (up until Legion). Incredible ambience. Plus a lot of the voice acting was really good. Sounds like a lot of people missed out.
    I heard it enough in the first couple years. I think I started turning off the error noises then kept going. I was also turning off everything unnecessary for better performance when raiding as my pc was already struggling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    Eeeyup. "Politics" always means "anything that doesn't pander exclusively to me, at all others' expense." Note that I say this as someone who considers a lot of the innuendo that was removed to have been irrelevant to the actual ethics scandal.

I can assure you that jokes about flattening steel with one's thighs and/or having wet tongues are not, in fact, considered "sexual harassment," much less "rape," here. In fact: the only one talking about rape here seems to be you.
    Well that would be re assuring if Blizzard didn't remove it from their game and they weren't a part of a sexual harassment lawsuit in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    They removed this too?????!?

I will say over and over and over, who do they think actually play this game??

Jesus Christ
    They removed the last voiceline. I had it timestamped but MMO-Champion doesn't take that into account with embedded videos.

Funny, that one was already censored in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Well there’s no real way to disabuse you of that notion if you think every dev who says it’s not is lying.
    I don't think the ones that support it are lying I just don't believe they are even a majority

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    I don't think the ones that support it are lying I just don't believe they are even a majority
    There’s no reason to think they aren’t as there hasn’t been a single dev as far as I know to come out against it and a couple of lower devs can’t change any thing without the team wanting them to.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean supporting the idea and liking the idea are two different things.

Do I support the women who were victims and their opinion to remove the emotes? yes

Do I like that they removed the emotes? No. I think its dumb...

Also I wanna remind everyone there are some great Fantasy RPG's on the market. Since I quit Blizzard in January I have been engulfed in some great fantasy games as well as some games I have revisited. Remember to enjoy, support and play games you love, stop supporting and getting mad at games you don't love/no longer love
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    Well that would be re assuring if Blizzard didn't remove it from their game and they weren't a part of a sexual harassment lawsuit in California.
    I'm saying that the removed jokes have nothing to do with their being part of a sexual harassment lawsuit, and the fact that it's in CA is also irrelevant. I'm not sure what you've heard goes here, but: jokes about flattening steel with one's thighs and wet tongues are not considered to cross a line. The removed innuendoes seem more like them making a great show of "cleaning up their act" than in any way actually relevant to the ethics scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I mean supporting the idea and liking the idea are two different things.

Do I support the women who were victims and their opinion to remove the emotes? yes

Do I like that they removed the emotes? No. I think its dumb...

Also I wanna remind everyone there are some great Fantasy RPG's on the market. Since I quit Blizzard in January I have been engulfed in some great fantasy games as well as some games I have revisited. Remember to enjoy, support and play games you love, stop supporting and getting mad at games you don't love/no longer love
    Also being a victim or in close contact with one or multiple doesn't immediately make everything you say or want correct. You're not beyond reproach just because you were victimized.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    So is this still blizzard or the company that owns Veggie Tales? Next thing you know they are going to change the color of any blood and replace weapons with pool noodles all in the name of making it kid-friendly and a "safe space". New Expansion 10.0 - World of Warcraft: Hello Kitty Adventure~
    Woah, woah, woah. Don't bring VeggieTales into this, their writing was more clever than it had any right to be. Heck, they somehow managed to make a kid-friendly version of a Bible story about adultery.

OT: As much as I disagree with the removals on principle, there's at least some sound logic with some of the removals, but several seem just petty. Too many to list in a single post, but I count at least a dozen easily. Special shoutout to the removal of "Why does everyone automatically assume I know tailoring and cooking?" from Female Humans, which in itself is a very blatant satire of gender roles.

All those flirts and jokes getting taken out of the game.. See, it's safe to work at Blizzard again! Thats how it works right?

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Aren't all flirt lines just sexual innuendos?

Shouldn't Blizzard just remove the /flirt emote altogether to save time?
    I agree. at this point, what is even the point.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yeah it's just a big old coincidence that they are doing it now, right?
    I mean it's been shown that they are pretty much AWOL on these changes, no one in positions of power have explicitly signed off on them.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Oh sure...we're all sooooo sorry that you have one fewer avenue for being a creep toward others.

Good lord. If getting rid of these things truly bothers you, call 1-800-Hire-A-Therapist.
    oh oh oh found a blizzandy. You're not seeing the point. These changes.. Almost NO ONE had a problem with until blizzard started spewing about. The only problem people had with blizzard, was the fact that they were touching girls.. you know ... in real life.. and seriously? You're right. If these things truly bothered you that they were in the game in the first place, call 1-800-Hire-A-Therapist.. cause you know.. THEY'RE JOKES. Where was your rage and out cry YEARS ago when these jokes were added into the game? Oh thats right. You're just as bad at virtue signaling as blizz is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    VA are hired per project / work usually. 3D artists are full time employee. It's not the same kind of expenditure. New models require some time, but VA require both time and extra expenditure.

Not saying it can't happen, but comparing the two doesn't work.
    would like to point out, you say that but they freely hire VA's all the time for just a line or two, its not that unusual for them to hire VA's literally for just a couple lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yeah it's just a big old coincidence that they are doing it now, right?
    because a lawsuit happened, so blizzard opened a program for the program for their devs to requested changes that made them feel uncomfortable or attacked.

7+ Year Old Account
    More much needed changes that will make the game better and fix the social issues in the office game.