Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just sad now, maybe I won’t resub when my time runs out..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You really think that painting of the girl they changed into fruit in obscure parts of the game was making current devs feel attacked? C'mon now...

This is the most blatant virtue signaling I've seen in quite a while. I mean don't get me wrong it's their game and they can do w/e they want with it, and I couldn't really care much about these changes either way, but let's call a spade a spade here.
    Yes, because we dont know who made that artwork, we know there is stories behind some of these things being changed, and who knows if maybe that artwork was made by some creep who made it based on a co-worker he liked but didnt like him back.

and really, virtue signaling? its the devs changing it, for themselves, there is no virtue signaling, if they wanted virtue signalling they would have done nothing, cause if they wanted praise from the playerbase, you really think they would be doing things that purposefully upset them?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh the real discrimination is in the unchanged world boss respawn timers... *hint hint nudge nudge* @everyone

Fuckin' bang up job you're doin', Blizz. Keep throwing Square more money/subs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Blizzard becoming a puritan hell hole lol
    I'm sure that female characters will soon be wearing a burka or something, all of them.

While they are at it, devs will also make sure that you cannot buy booze from NPCs anymore. I mean, one of the biggest problems in their work environment were people drinking like it was a Saturday evening at the local disco, so the solution is obviously to remove alcoholic drinks from the game, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The portion of the playerbase that frequents MMO-C and is often called toxic by Blizz devs themselves? Blizzard sees us the same way they see Asmongold, neckbeards with toxic masculinity,and we all know they aren't shy about expressing how they feel about him. Also theres the fact that one of the first things one of the devs did when this whole shit storm happened was to blame the players and say it's our fault lol. So yeah, I very much do think they would do things to purposefully upset that portion of the playerbase while at the same time virtue signaling to the 'greater' audience in order to get good PR.

I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but for several years now there has been a ''devs vs players'' energy surrounding Blizzard and it has only escalated.
    You mean a "players" attack devs energy.

I mean hell, just looking at what you said even.

One Blizzard employee vocalized their disdain for Asmongold. You're trying to pin the entire thing on Blizzard.

One Blizzard employee vocalizes their frustration with people missing why these changes are important. You're suddenly lambasting Blizzard, falsely accusing them of "blaming the playerbase".

And at what point of self awareness can we start to criticize "virtue signaling about virtue signaling"?

My point went right over your head I think.
    no I'm telling you why these things are happening. you're fishing for a reason to be pessimistic, if that's your MO, fine. don't mind me.

- - - Updated - - -

The portion of the playerbase that frequents MMO-C and is often called toxic by Blizz devs themselves?
    I mean I would say a solid 2/3rds of this site is toxic. seeing the responses to these changes...
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-10-05 at 02:16 AM.

At what point does it stop becoming "just one guy" and a pattern then? I feel some huge hand waiving going on here tbh. Not to mention you act like those are the only 2 incidents just because they were the ones I chose. I mean take your pick...
    That isn't handwaving, it's pointing out you're misrepresenting the situation AND now you're doing a slippery slope argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I was being highly facetious. :v
    oh lol, my bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    they never will, because to them on one hand those people are lying about the sexual harassment they faced and on the other they are taking advantage of the situation for being the victims of sexual harassment.
    le politics subforum has arrived, with their trademarked strawman.

big doubt that the people who have a problem with mechagnome flirts weren't a part of the team just a couple years ago, but now they have a golden opportunity to virtue signal and morph the game around their prog values

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    le politics subforum has arrived, with their trademarked strawman.

big doubt that the people who have a problem with mechagnome flirts weren't a part of the team just a couple years ago, but now they have a golden opportunity to virtue signal and morph the game around their prog values
    +1000. Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    oh oh oh found a blizzandy. You're not seeing the point. These changes.. Almost NO ONE had a problem with until blizzard started spewing about. The only problem people had with blizzard, was the fact that they were touching girls.. you know ... in real life.. and seriously? You're right. If these things truly bothered you that they were in the game in the first place, call 1-800-Hire-A-Therapist.. cause you know.. THEY'RE JOKES. Where was your rage and out cry YEARS ago when these jokes were added into the game? Oh thats right. You're just as bad at virtue signaling as blizz is.
    Yeah, we get it. You want to be a creep in a video game and now Blizzard won't let you.

Like I said, seek therapy.

I'm doing neither wth? How is it slippery slope to say that I only used 2-3 examples out of a pool of dozens? lol

I already told you these changes don't really mean much to me either way, just a little insight into their internal priorities (virtue signaling >> fixing the actual game) which is disappointing, but meh that's what most (if not all) companies and corporations do these days so par for the course.

I've already spent too much energy into this thread for somebody who supposedly doesn't really care so I'll leave it at that. I see what I see and waving a hand in front of my face ain't gonna change that I'm afraid, but I respect your opinion and optimism.
    You're misunderstanding.

You're misrepresenting the situation by using two situations of single employees to say the ENTIRE company is doing something, one of which wasn't even what you described it as.

And then you're using a slippery slope argument by saying "At what point does it stop becoming "just one guy" and a pattern then?"
    That's like, an perfect example of a slippery slope.

Lastly, 9.1.5 has plenty of fixes for things players have asked for. Solo island expedition queues. Mage tower return. Fixed legacy content to be soloable again. Ability to swap freely between covenants. Expanded Torghast to be usable for leveling. Removed cap to Torghast so you don't have to run it twice weekly, you can just knock it all out by spamming it if you want. Extra customization for allied races that they said wouldn't get extra (Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne).

People are quick to forget how much is going on because it's easy to narrowly focus on these smaller tweaks it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    There’s no reason to think they aren’t as there hasn’t been a single dev as far as I know to come out against it and a couple of lower devs can’t change any thing without the team wanting them to.
    Imagine that people want to keep their jobs...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You're misunderstanding.

You're misrepresenting the situation by using two situations of single employees to say the ENTIRE company is doing something, one of which wasn't even what you described it as.

And then you're using a slippery slope argument by saying "At what point does it stop becoming "just one guy" and a pattern then?"
    That's like, an perfect example of a slippery slope.

Lastly, 9.1.5 has plenty of fixes for things players have asked for. Solo island expedition queues. Mage tower return. Fixed legacy content to be soloable again. Ability to swap freely between covenants. Expanded Torghast to be usable for leveling. Removed cap to Torghast so you don't have to run it twice weekly, you can just knock it all out by spamming it if you want. Extra customization for allied races that they said wouldn't get extra (Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Nightborne).

People are quick to forget how much is going on because it's easy to narrowly focus on these smaller tweaks it seems.
    You are correct its more or less shadowland release version.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    no I'm telling you why these things are happening. you're fishing for a reason to be pessimistic, if that's your MO, fine. don't mind me.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I would say a solid 2/3rds of this site is toxic. seeing the responses to these changes...

Blizzard devs tend to be woke idiots. Their sensibilities don’t tend to reflect reality. People like that ruin anything good once they get their claws into it.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Yeah, we get it. You want to be a creep in a video game and now Blizzard won't let you.

Constantly insulting the person shows a lack of intelligence on your part.

Nothing wrong with dirty jokes. Most people over 14, which is a freshman in high school can handle a dirty joke. Have a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Constantly insulting the person shows a lack of intelligence on your part.
    LMAO "insult"

I told a clearly ill person to seek the help to relieve them of that illness.

Maybe you should join the lad in the therapist's waiting room?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Nothing wrong with dirty jokes. Most people over 14, which is a freshman in high school can handle a dirty joke. Have a sense of humor.
    Congratulations on being an adult with a 14-year-old's sense of humor. Also congratulations for making my point for me.

LMAO "insult"

I told a clearly ill person to seek the help to relieve them of that illness.

Maybe you should join the lad in the therapist's waiting room?

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations on being an adult with a 14-year-old's sense of humor. Also congratulations for making my point for me.
    You constantly calling them creepy because they don't fit your definition of puritan bullshit is definitely not doing you any favors here, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    You constantly calling them creepy because they don't fit your definition of puritan bullshit is definitely not doing you any favors here, bud.
    I consider those folks not liking me to be a badge of honor. You want to defend creeps, that's your business. You want to be a creep, that's your business. Just don't expect Blizzard to take that ride with you.