Page 30 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Okay? They probably had their hands in a lot bigger things too like class, quest, and zone development, etc… Are we going to remove whole ass classes, raids, and zones, etc… too, because certain devs that were abusing people were developing that content? “Sorry guys no more Thunderfury since Afrasiabi made that quest chain.”
    no, no reason to remove content people made, but if an abuser made a sex joke, fuck yeah remove it, but we arnt gunna retcon the lich king existance because chris metzen was a fuckwitt.

you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, no reason to remove content people made, but if an abuser made a sex joke, fuck yeah remove it, but we arnt gunna retcon the lich king existance because chris metzen was a fuckwitt.

you serious?
    So you think ALL of the semi lewd to lewd jokes that were removed were made by the abusers? Every last one?

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    So you think ALL of the semi lewd to lewd jokes that were removed were made by the abusers? Every last one?
    Except... not all the semi lewd jokes have been removed... there is still a fair few left that literally have not been touched...

Except... not all the semi lewd jokes have been removed... there is still a fair few left that literally have not been touched...
    They removed like 80% of the flirts in the game. This move is purely in an attempt at PR and damage control. If you think they actually care about what's offensive and what isn't, you're incredibly naive.

you serious?
    Why not? Not lich king but sylvie was apparently Afrasiabi's doing. Purge her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Yeah, we get it. You want to be a creep in a video game and now Blizzard won't let you.

Like I said, seek therapy.
    Lol classic. Simply assuming shit about someone you know nothing about or how they spend their time in the game. I have no time to chase after people and spam /flirt. I get on, do my dailies / farming / raid then im off ( I have a real life and don't need pixels to get off ). Plus how often do people really go around spam /flirting with people? And if pixels and audio really offends you, you need to turn of the internet and take a break.

Stop making assumptions about people. Not a good look. Should look into therapy or something..

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They removed like 80% of the flirts in the game. This move is purely in an attempt at PR and damage control. If you think they actually care about what's offensive and what isn't, you're incredibly naive.
    so apparently the random developers are PR and damage control?

so apparently the random developers are PR and damage control?
    Yeah because they're getting orders from corporate.

Yeah because they're getting orders from corporate.
    There was another thread with twitter posts saying the devs want this change, and pushed some of the changes under the radar.

I'm more inclined to think that due to the lawsuit and everything they can push these changes because whoever approves what flies and what doesnt cannot say no because he/she will be painted as sexist/misogynistic or what have you out of fear.

lol i've played wow since launch and have missed hearing several of these jokes and flirts. Some of them are quite funny. Glad Blizzard removes them cause if not I would never have read/heard them.

This move is purely in an attempt at PR and damage control. If you think they actually care about what's offensive and what isn't, you're incredibly naive.
    Actually is just the purple hair devs that redeemed these chenges. Check twitter and you will find out.

comments/pzcznn/some_blizzard_employee_reactions_on_twitter_to

There are more things that are offensive than any of those jokes or flirts. Heck, if you don't play with the sound on or even use those emotes, you'd never even know they exist. As others have said, some of those are just things I never even heard of when trying to hear them all.

This game has a rating for a reason. They need to stop the over zealous pandering they are trying to do and focus on getting the game in a good state.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Only thing getting some community interest is Blizzard turning WoW into a PEGI3 game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    There was another thread with twitter posts saying the devs want this change, and pushed some of the changes under the radar.
    'Devs' being a vocal subset bullying the team at large.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    "Homogenized? No way, I like the ladies" is basically a "hahah no bro I'm straight" joke. Which is mildly deragotry to gay folks, and also pretty noninclusive since some guys who play Tauren most assuredly like the men, rather than the ladies (or both!)
    Still not sure what's homophobic about it. The joke isn't how taboo it is to be gay... it's about misunderstanding of the word homogenized milk.
    If someone asks me if I'm gay and I say I'm straight, am I being derogatory to gays? If someone asks if I'm straight and I say I'm gay, am I derogatory to straights?

I mean the joke is literally
    "Is your milk homogenized?"
    "Homogenized? No I'm straight".

It's literally just stating ones sexuality. There is nothing derogatory in that statement. Unless the answer is yes to the questions above.
    This seems like regressive thinking which causes more divides and tension about something that's normal... sexuality.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    "Homogenized? No way, I like the ladies" is basically a "hahah no bro I'm straight" joke. Which is mildly deragotry to gay folks, and also pretty noninclusive since some guys who play Tauren most assuredly like the men, rather than the ladies (or both!)
    Then add jokes that are inclusive to gay men women whatever, dont remove stuff.

I hope everyone feels safe now.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    I can see why most of these would be considered "offensive" in the mentally weak snowflake world we live in nowadays where everything has to be tailored to 7 year olds and 100% positive, which is sad but only a sign of things to come.
    What snowflakes? None of this has been asked for.

They're doing that "Wait we're in trouble for stuff that relates to sex?... Fine... We'll remove all sex/innuendo/humour from the game... happy?" Childish overreaction that will make zero difference to the real issue and likely will fail to appease anyone. Instead of the changes needed within their company, they're sterilising the game. Honestly, has anyone ever heard a complaint about harassment by emote... ever? Plus cant you still make up your own using /e or whatever the command was? I'd be less concerned if I honestly thought their reasoning related to actually trying to fix something, but they seem to be throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentavius View Post
    What snowflakes? None of this has been asked for.

They're doing that "Wait we're in trouble for stuff that relates to sex?... Fine... We'll remove all sex/innuendo/humour from the game... happy?" Childish overreaction that will make zero difference to the real issue and likely will fail to appease anyone. Instead of the changes needed within their company, they're sterilising the game. Honestly, has anyone ever heard a complaint about harassment by emote... ever? Plus cant you still make up your own using /e or whatever the command was? I'd be less concerned if I honestly thought their reasoning related to actually trying to fix something, but they seem to be throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
    Think the snowflakes in this case are the particular devs that pushes for these changes. Who said outright on twitter they've done it because they wanted the changes etc etc.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-10-05 at 08:53 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Comments on wowhead are now insta locked... you can't say you do not agree with these changes anymore... 'Free speech'...
    Good to see many people here defendeding this shitty company past few years finally changing their minds.
    Sadly some will be stuck in whiteknighting forever...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-10-05 at 08:59 AM.