Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they will very likely be replacing them, just that will take time, especially as they are voice acted, so they need to get the voice actors in.
    Let maddie record the missing voice lines instead! She can't do no wrong, she gets to keep her NPC after all.

tbh I hope this image is actually fake. I don't even have ptr installed to make sure

Quote Originally Posted by LithicFire View Post
    I hear you, as a (currently) 23 year old cis-female I grew up being taught that it wasn't right for me to play video games. 5 years ago when I started playing wow I joined not just because I thought it would be fun but because MMO's do exactly what real life cant, allow you to CONTROL your own life.
    Thank you for your comment. You were brave for refusing to conform to the roles the society enacted on you.

What I have talked about has nothing to do with Twitter or even necessarily about the original topic of removing emotes. I am referencing the fact that an undeniably large number of people showed their dislike for this change on WoWhead and the WoWreddit only for them to be silenced by the moderators removing all possible threads or comments that showed even a hint of disagreeing with Blizzards decision.

This is no different than a company removing reviews from a PAYING customer just so that they can make their record look clean.
    Spot on.

And the devs certainly have the right to do what they want, but if they just want to do it to themselves without caring about what the others say, why release the product to the public? You can do it privately, for your own healthy relationship within the culture.

But once you release the product to the public, you have no say in what others will say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias1212 View Post
    To be fair ff14 didn't come out with this kind of popcorn fiesta yet.

So it's safe to assume it's truly from within the team and not higher ups, but these guys are now against the majority of fans (on social media anyways.)

What will it be? After all the trouble with SL? *grabs popcorn*
    I mean the team has been against the majority of fans on social media from the moment the lawsuit became public.

SL's problems are exclusively SL's problems. changes to emotes and art assists doesn't take out having to farm soul ash or optimize soul binds or spend hours of your time farming animia or~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Let maddie record the missing voice lines instead! She can't do no wrong, she gets to keep her NPC after all.

tbh I hope this image is actually fake. I don't even have ptr installed to make sure
    There is no way that npc is real hahaahahaaha

I have an ex I met in Wow back in vanilla. I didn't realize her wanting to constantly talk and spend time with me meant she liked me. Even after we exchanged photo's(non nude) I was oblivious. It took her using flirt and kiss emotes on me every time we would meet up in game for me to realize and then I started giving them back and that then lead to a real life relationship.

I'd hate for some dense kid to miss out on a positive relationship just because some dev thought flirting = rape. Although now days there probably is a wow tinder app for kids to figure out that ZZZGoKuZZZ likes them.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I find it funny how that game has males that are prettier than any female model in WoW yet that's the one that's standing up to whatever progressive boogieman you guys are dreading at the moment.
    How is removing jokes being progressive?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It's not. It's just a cynical move to pacify the prosecutors. Even if some devs want them removed, the only reason Blizzard is agreeing to do so is to win more mea culpa points. They don't give a damn about progressivism or inclusivity or anything in that vein. It's just another corporate move. I can't think of any sensible person who actually thinks removing this promotes inclusivity or keeping it promotes toxicity. It's lazy inclusivity.

some of these are pretty good

it's not, in of itself. that's what makes all the people calling it progressive seem so obnoxious.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-10-05 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post

Big Yikes if this is true.

Its about Equality. Men and Women should both be held to the same standard. If a Man wrote tweets like that he'd be castrated and his career would be over. But a woman does it and "YOU GO GIRL YEAH!"

https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=173000/madeleine-roux

Y i k e s
    Last edited by SinR; 2021-10-05 at 08:00 PM.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

Its about Equality. Men and Women should both be held to the same standard. If a Man wrote tweets like that he'd be castrated and his career would be over. But a woman does it and "YOU GO GIRL YEAH!"

Y i k e s
    This is what happens when the misandrist masquerade as feminists, and puritans as progressive people.

"We don't care that Holy Pala is doing too much damage. We don't care that Feral's PvE damage is too depended from Convoke. But we care that 17 years old flirts and jokes suddenly are too suggestive."
    Last edited by Daan; 2021-10-05 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

Y i k e s
    Nevermind genders, invert races and it's more inflamatory. Thank god she didn't say "Green Men"

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    https://twitter.com/valentine_irl

These are the people running the show at Blizzard now. Narcissistic lunatics with 50 pronouns and flags in their twitter profile.

They're doomed.

Infracted.
    Holy moly...the fact a 10-year member with 1.6k posts just got banned for pointing that out...why, MMO-C? :S

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Holy moly...the fact a 10-year member with 1.6k posts just got banned for pointing that out...why, MMO-C? :S
    what does it matter if he has 1.6k posts and 10 years?
    he will be back in 3 days my dude
    also yeah making fun of people like that is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    To a prog, anything insensitive must be removed and forgotten about.

So while it isn't progress in the literal sense, it's standard procedure in progressive politics.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2021-10-06 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Being a 10 year poster who spends too much time on MMOC does not allow them to practice targeted harassment and nor does it mean they are right/wise since that is what you're implying.

Additionally, pronouns and LGBT do not have anything to do with the removal of the /flirts and /jokes. That poster (and you) are only looking for a minority scapegoat....like usual.

Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    Additionally, pronouns and LGBT do not have anything to do with the removal of the /flirts and /jokes. That poster (and you) are only looking for a minority scapegoat....like usual.
    What? You mean to say, finding a designated acceptable target and/or bugaboo to blame every time one gets one's comfort zone breached...isn't a rational response? Wow; there's certainly gonna be egg on a lot of faces.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-06 at 04:26 PM.

If diablo 2 Resurrected set a precedent here, start saying goodbye to gnomes as a race. Midgets are apparently offensive and they have no right to exist just in case. They will be swapped with walking pink muffins or something.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.... This world is becoming crazier everyday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    If diablo 2 Resurrected set a precedent here, start saying goodbye to gnomes as a race. Midgets are apparently offensive and they have no right to exist just in case. They will be swapped with walking pink muffins or something.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.... This world is becoming crazier everyday.
    What did they change in Diablo 2? surprised I haven't heard anything if there was any changes aside from LAN/TCP/IP getting canned.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    https://twitter.com/valentine_irl

These are the people running the show at Blizzard now. Narcissistic lunatics with 50 pronouns and flags in their twitter profile.

They're doomed.

Infracted.
    Seems like freedom of speech is dead apparently.

And I thought diversity is good and everyone is an equall and stuff like that.