7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Is there a Feb Blizcononline next year? I thought they said there wasn't, unless they just said no fall Blizzcon and I am misremembering.
    Standard Blizzcon 2021 was cancelled.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is there a Feb Blizcononline next year? I thought they said there wasn't, unless they just said no fall Blizzcon and I am misremembering.
    We are not getting a Blizzcon this year, instead we get another online event early next year.

Formerly known as Arafal

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    https://blizzcon.com/en-us/news/23655116

Relevant portion:

Quote Originally Posted by Saralyn Smith, Executive Producer of BlizzCon
    But we don’t want to let too long go by before we connect with everyone again. So in the meantime, we’re planning a global event for the early part of next year, combining an online show along the lines of our recent BlizzConline with smaller in-person gatherings, and we’ll share more as our plans come together.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't be surprised if Blizz and other companies used pandemic excuse to completely ditch live events to cut the costs and reduce hassle.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Minor correction, these have been in the most recent few 9.1.5 builds as well but nobody noticed.

My guess would be it refers to Azeroth in general (as it is regularly referred to as "Living World" outside of the game). It being proximity only means it might only happen near a crossing, say the Torghast/Icecrown hole, but that's extremely speculative.

Also, this reminds me of these test maps that we saw during 9.0 beta which might or might not be related:

Well, let's hope this means 9.2 takes place (partially/completely) on Azeroth.

I could see this as some kind of blended reality where the Shadowlands have rifts throughout Azeroth, breaking the veil. That's where you basically enter or leave the "living world". Or it could be like Legion portals that brought us to other planets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Blizz and other companies used pandemic excuse to completely ditch live events to cut the costs and reduce hassle.
    I think Blizzcon always was a very lucrative event. Ten thousand fans attending for $100+++ should be good money for the kind of stuff they're doing there. Plus online ticket revenue.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Considering there's a Murloc Backpack that was added with 9.1.5 PTR, I'm going to assume they will do a Virtual Ticket this time around.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Seamless World Transition" was probably for testing the flying between zones in Shadowlands.

Though I wonder what "Living World" means for Classic. Are they maybe trying to revamp how dying/corpse running works across retail and classic?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I will be surprised if industry events like E3 ever return with the scope they had before the pandemic, but fan events like Blizzcon or anime conventions will return.

That said, it would require there would be any attendees left. Blizz might not be feeling too hot on that front after these past few years of constant dumpster fire.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think Blizzcon always was a very lucrative event. Ten thousand fans attending for $100+++ should be good money for the kind of stuff they're doing there. Plus online ticket revenue.
    I don't know how it balances out costs of huge hall staff, electricity, food, concert etc. Plus, they can fully control on-line presentation, big boon in current times of horrible PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    "Seamless World Transition" was probably for testing the flying between zones in Shadowlands.

Though I wonder what "Living World" means for Classic. Are they maybe trying to revamp how dying/corpse running works across retail and classic?
    Shadowlands doesn't have between-map transitions so not sure why they'd need an A, B and transfer map for that, all of the Shadowlands zones are one map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands doesn't have between-map transitions so not sure why they'd need an A, B and transfer map for that, all of the Shadowlands zones are one map.
    Isn't there an animation that plays when you travel to them, though? Might be for that.

Otherwise, there's always the... holy grail of WoW.

Merged EK+Kalimdor+Great Sea.

Isn't there an animation that plays when you travel to them, though? Might be for that.

Otherwise, there's always the... holy grail of WoW.

Merged EK+Kalimdor+Great Sea.
    Yeah, but that's still a single map with just flight points, I don't think that'd need multiple maps to test it with (like in the image). It might be an iteration of that though, where taxis can go between continents and maybe like you say have a somewhat merged feeling of maps. That would be really cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but that's still a single map with just flight points, I don't think that'd need multiple maps to test it with (like in the image). It might be an iteration of that though, where taxis can go between continents and maybe like you say have a somewhat merged feeling of maps. That would be really cool.
    Oh yeah maybe Holy Grail Lite.

Where you can now taxi anywhere on Azeroth and the "transition" zones is just flying over ocean (with maybe some islands) while your destination loads in the background.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    We had Blizzcon online details on late September last year, still no news about next one. So it's not like February is a given. Maybe first they planned smaller online event early 22 and real Blizzcon late 22, but after July new people said: "yeeeaaah.. it will be better to skip live audience Blizzcon this year as well".

Of course if they plan to release expac in 2022 (which I don't think is super likely), March/April is deadline for revealing stuff - with assumption Alpha start literally days after reveal.

EDIT: Still not Mage Tower this week? November release for 9.1.5 start looking more likely than 19th October.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-10-05 at 08:29 PM.

I definitely would not expect a Blizzcon live event in 2022, maybe not even in 2023. A live event means there will be protestors at the venue and a live event means Blizzard can't control what's going on / the narrative.

7+ Year Old Account
    I definitely would not expect a Blizzcon live event in 2022, maybe not even in 2023. A live event means there will be protestors at the venue and a live event means Blizzard can't control what's going on / the narrative.
    Protestors lol. People don't care that much, and by that time everybody will forget about all the shit. Fresh Blitzchung drama caused only one "free Honk Kong" during questions panel.

Protestors lol. People don't care that much, and by that time everybody will forget about all the shit. Fresh Blitzchung drama caused only one "free Honk Kong" during questions panel.
    People might not care, but (paid) activists do. And be sure they're swarming Blizzard events, if they'll exist in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    People might not care, but (paid) activists do. And be sure they're swarming Blizzard events, if they'll exist in the future.
    Dunno, did Ubisoft got any of these?

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Disagree. Outland gave us Garrosh and the Mag'har. Blood Elves and Draenei. It introduced elements to the lore that have carried on long after that expansion was over and done with. Same with most others. I think the least impactful (unless we revisit Yrel in the future) was WoD, which can be summarized as "Gul'dan resurrected" without missing a beat in the overarching narrative. I suspect we'll be able to summarize SL as "Sylvanas was (killed/redeemed)" without any other narrative elements having an impact on the plot at all.
    Please, you are just proving my point that this is how every expansion is. The Mag'har are a completely irrelevant sideplot, Blood Elves and Draenei are only important because Blizzard arbitrarily picks them to be the "group" doing shit. You could have put anyone on Isle of Thunder or Suramar Horde side and changed a few lines of dialogue. The Draenei don't even make sense in Legion, the only place they were really important, because the expansion already had the Illidari, a force specifically bred to fight demons.

Being a thing that can be used later doesn't make any expansion more or less filler, because every group is that and ever expansion has those groups, see the explorer's league being constantly involved in world-ending shit, or Khadgar, or Tyrande and the Night Elves. It's all just arbitrarily picking what groups they want involved, and until that point things are just introduced and left in limbo, like the Mag'har who were introduced and then were completely unimportant until what, vague relevance in the last patch of MoP? the Blood Elves who were unimportant after BC until basically Suramar, or the Draenei who never really became important again, because besides Velen, the only important Draenei are a completely new group introduced specifically for Legion.

SL details what happens after passing on, establishes what guided the cosmic powers into existence and expanded on their relations to one other, that is far more fundamental to lore than anything at all that happened in most expansions.

That's exactly it. An animation. Not a separate map.