Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    i heard what we have now is exactly 18% of content they have in store for us, whatever that means.
    just remember, NW doesnt require ur active subscribtion, which is great, so u can come back to it anytime
    All will depend on how the monetize said updates.

A game not requiring a subcription isn't always a net positive for the customer.

10+ Year Old Account
    alright, its 3 fucking hours in, and im still unable to play because of offline servers. its 12-15 my time (12am-3pm), so its middle of the day. absolutely fucking outrageous

someone quote me when shits available to play again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    All will depend on how the monetize said updates.

A game not requiring a subcription isn't always a net positive for the customer.
    well, i assume those 82% are free fucking patches with content, not the next big paid expansion or whatever. thats what i expect
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

7+ Year Old Account
    Extended maintenance btw

Until 8AM PT /12PM South America/ 17PM EU I guess
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

alright, its 3 fucking hours in, and im still unable to play because of offline servers. its 12-15 my time (12am-3pm), so its middle of the day. absolutely fucking outrageous

someone quote me when shits available to play again

- - - Updated - - -

well, i assume those 82% are free fucking patches with content, not the next big paid expansion or whatever. thats what i expect
    you know they've got a fancy website that you can visit and get simple info on maintenance and stuff like that right?
    or you can sit there trying to log in over and over again and complain about it here. your choice.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Extended maintenance btw

Until 8AM PT /12PM South America/ 17PM EU I guess
    hahaha holy shit. back right at the queue peak

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    you know they've got a fancy website that you can visit and get simple info on maintenance and stuff like that right?
    or you can sit there trying to log in over and over again and complain about it here. your choice.
    checked it. only info i found was about the patch theyre updating to and the time it starts

7+ Year Old Account
    checked it. only info i found was about the patch theyre updating to and the time it starts
    Just follow them on twitter

https://twitter.com/playnewworld/sta...63461899939848
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    i dont have one/dont use it, but thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    I'm confused... why are people claiming this is a great game then? Like all I hear about is praise for it.

I'd understand placeholders... but apparently this is launch? As much as vanilla wows molten core didnt have loot at launch, the beta of wow had so much more to it than copy pasted zones and creatures.

Like seriously wtf? Am I missing something or are people just desperate for something new?
    Play the game yourself and see if its for you, you will either like it or not, its still a good game and much more enjoyable than WoW for me, its far from perfect but its new and will take some time for it to develop further.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Like seriously wtf? Am I missing something or are people just desperate for something new?
    Nope you're not missing anything, people were desperate for something f'ing LEGENDARY not NEW, and we got is all.

Nit picking is Nit picking, f'me i've even read peeps thinking it should be more like wow in design, lmao, omg peeps have no idea, yeah for sure we're so desperate for yet another wow clone people will burn out in a week and dispose of it cause it's just like wow, if that's what you want then go play wow ffs.

You want a rock solid MMORPG WORLD, New World is your new home. Gawd this is such a f'ing good world/game/mmorpg. No level scaling kindergarten bs, no cross realm nonsense, your server is your server; Your Home, your new world!
    looking out of my lonely room day after day

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Slightly off topic, but just because it's one island doesn't mean it need to be one climate. Hawaii's big island famously has 8 of the 13 climate zones and seems a comparable size to Aeternum. So they definitely could have payed around a bit and kept it "realistic" (as realistic as it can be with zombies and magic etc)
    Ok, now you have to think that this is not the full island, it is only a portion (the full map was somewhat leaked and was 2-3x bigger) so similar climate in the current map is very reasonable imo. Lets judge it when it is fully released.
    Last edited by Greyhart; 2021-10-06 at 02:01 PM.

i dont have one/dont use it, but thanks
    Yeah i've no facebook, twitter, or any of that silliness, i mean don't even get me started, all they do is spy on you all, but you can still check it through a browser, which i never do, but is possible.

I mean if the NSA said to someone, hey we got this device and it'll literally track your every move, listen to all your conversations, log everyone you contact, and you have to carry it around with you like your life depends on it, but!!! it's 100% FREE!!!, how many people would put their hand of for that. I mean Hell NO will be everyone's answer.

Where now you do all that for them but instead YOU PAY monthly for them to spy on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    how can it take 5 hours to apply a minor patch???

is AGS ran all by interns?

- - - Updated - - -

how can a gaming company owned by the worlds richest person be so bad at what theyre doing

Just got the game, and now there's a loooooooooooooooong maintenance...

15+ Year Old Account
    how can it take 5 hours to apply a minor patch??? is AGS ran all by interns? how can a gaming company owned by the worlds richest person be so bad at what theyre doing
    It is the first patch of a new release and they are doing server maintenance at the same time. Relax. Even Blizzard still extends downtime sometimes and they have been doing it for almost 17 years now.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Just got the game, and now there's a loooooooooooooooong maintenance...
    Enjoy your remaining time of having a life. Once you enter your new world, there's no looking back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, we are having some technical difficulties and need to extend the maintenance for two more hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and support!

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiit
    Last edited by Proskill; 2021-10-06 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Enjoy your remaining time of having a life. Once you enter your new world, there's no looking back!
    how much is amazon paying u to shill this game? xd

I'm waiting to see how it fares after Endwalker launches. I want more healthy competition within the MMO market and New World may be the MMO to bring it to the table. At the same time, so many MMO's have launched and then collapsed due to poor decision making as the likes of Wildstar and Rift have proven.

If the queues are as bad as is being claimed, then I don't mind holding off for a while before trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh stop with this, it's starting to sound like you're on the payroll. Just dial it back a notch, jeez.
    No! lol

Just waking people up from their antiquated mmorpg wow clone slumber.

Quote Originally Posted by xpsync View Post
    Just waking people up from their antiquated mmorpg wow clone slumber.
    Folks usually don't respond well to folks on the extreme ends of the love/hate spectrum. And real, other MMO's are fine too. New World is good, but so are plenty of other good MMO's.

The whole, "MY MMO is the only good MMO and all others are bad." stuff is silly.