Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

I don't know where the ivermeticin thing came from, I really don't. I suspect it was Some Guy On Twitter again, with his lack of medical degree somehow turning into scientific research in the minds of (checks news) Trump supporters. I'll admit this guy was dying so there weren't a lot of useful options left, but the family made a huge public showing of pushing for a drug everyone knew wouldn't work and...it didn't work.

I hope this story is seen by every single person who thinks vaccines don't work but horse dewormer does. The funeral was Friday.
    I've given up any hope these people are ever gonna just get the vaccine. Actually I have more hope that Some Guy On Twitter is gonna get these idiots trying dog poop as the next miracle cure. I don't even think it would be that difficult to convince them....

As Corvus mentioned, it's a misinterpreted study in lab conditions where the amount used is toxic to humans.
    That's too much information for Q.
    Also, it's not a three word chant they can memorize.
    But "it kills covid" is.
    That lead virologist guy(not fauci, can't think of his name off hand) has said this to death in fact and I feel bad for him having to clarify it so many times.
    All they saw is it kills covid.
    You know what also kills covid?

Guns.
    Patriotism.
    Faith.
    In that order.

You gotta method act Q.
    Daniel Day Lewis that shit.
    Be the chimp.
    That's how we understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    It comes from anti-vaxxers latching onto anything that isn't vaccines in the vain hope something works.

In ivermectins case, they saw a report about it showing promising results against vivid - and ignored the rest of the report of how that was only in lab conditions and that it would have to be at toxic levels to work in humans.
    Yeah, it kills covid in a petri dish. (Spoiler alert: so does pretty much everything else.) It also gave them another conspiracy theory so they could say, "See, they're squelching it!" and intone "follow the money" on a loop.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Yeah, it kills covid in a petri dish. (Spoiler alert: so does pretty much everything else.)
    Yeah...I'm a little worried what the next big "nobody knows about this" conspiracy theory COVID killer they'll invent next. Even something standard like table salt will kil COVID in a petri dish, and injecting enough will kill you -- granted it would take several ounces to outright kill you, but we're talking about the same group that wanted to shoot up bleach.

Yeah...I'm a little worried what the next big "nobody knows about this" conspiracy theory COVID killer they'll invent next. Even something standard like table salt will kil COVID in a petri dish, and injecting enough will kill you -- granted it would take several ounces to outright kill you, but we're talking about the same group that wanted to shoot up bleach.
    These people’s diets have enough salt to help them then.

Tuesday's report:

94,811 new cases; about 19k fewer than last week.

Top 10:

Fuck Florida.
    Texas: 9,879 new cases; 281 deaths
    Minnesota: 7,124 new cases; 22 deaths
    California: 6,707 new cases; 84 deaths
    Ohio: 5,533 new cases; 55 deaths
    New York: 4,388 new cases; 54 deaths
    Wisconsin: 4,168 new cases; 1 death
    Pennsylvania: 4,019 new cases; 79 deaths
    Tennessee: 3,181 new cases; 81 deaths
    Illinois: 3,058 new cases; 26 deaths

I'm fairly sure cases will head north of 100k again by the end of the week but overall they continue decreasing. Overall. You'll note Minnesota is way up there today with a total that's in their top 10 of all time as the Great Lakes region continues contending with their part of the latest wave. We'll likely see those states more in the top 10 as the week goes on and as other states' totals keep declining. California is down to about 17 cases per 100k and Alaska is down to 121 (yes, down, from about 176 last week). Hospitalizations are also continuing to drop nationally which is a decent indicator that we're on the right side of this wave overall.

1,811 deaths is over 150 fewer than last Tuesday and brings the total to 724,728. Texas, Florida and Georgia round out the top three (for Florida's total I refer to NYT's 7-day average for the state which is 222 at present). Texas will probably head back north of 300 if their reports follow the pattern of the past few weeks. Unsurprising given they're still getting nearly 10k cases daily. The 7-day average has fallen to around 1,550.

Related news:

Doctors treating Covid feel defeated by their patients' relentless skepticism--The upside is that if these patients keep ignoring doctor's advice they won't be a problem for anyone soon enough.

Covid grocery licking hoax sends Texas man to federal prison--So, a Texan was sentenced to a year in jail for "making false hoaxes related to biological weapons", meanwhile people actively preventing the containment of said "biological weapons" through anti-mask mandates continue to be allowed to run Texas and Florida.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-10-06 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they take the next miracle COVID ender. Then the next miracle Covid ender. Then the next one.
    I'm pretty sure being dead does end your case of Covid.
    Problem solved, problem staying solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

https://www.newsweek.com/t-funded-ov...eories-1636126

Go figure...OAN's primary funder with over 90% of all funding is...AT&T. Who knew they were such big players in the right wing fictional media space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    These people’s diets have enough salt to help them then.
    Well supposedly the lethal dose is like 10 ounces, over half a cup of straight-up salt. Even a high-salt American diet isn't half a cup a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Doctors treating Covid feel defeated by their patients' relentless skepticism
    Deaths aside, this might be the single biggest tragedy. We keep saying about Republicans "well you invited Trump, you deserve this" We say about people who sign up to be a soldier then go to war "well they knew the consequences" Hell, even people who decide to become teachers during either a budget crunch or outbreak, we say "you knew that going in".

Nobody said about doctors and nurses "they signed up to help people, they should have expected people to ignore their expert, professioal advice and try to murder themselves and blame the professionals when they get injured or die".

Nobody. It was unPresidented. I mean, do you remember in the late 90's when people said "eh, my mechancis are saying I can't use leaded gas in this engine, but I have a good feeling about it!" or "airbags save live? I'm pretty sure I can just turn that off and just use a Nerf steering wheel1" Remember in the last 10 years when people said "they say my phone is only water resistant, but surely salt water is larger water particles and I can dunk it in the ocean"? Nobody said that. There weren't lines and lines and lines of people pushing their cars to Pep Boys saying "my lead gasoline broke my car, sell me whale oil to fix it". There weren't lines and lines and lines of people at the Apple store saying "salt water killed my phone, I demand you flush it out with battery acid".

Our front-line medical professionals would have deserved our respect even if the public had been sensible the entire time. This? Nobody signed up for this. This isn't just disrespectful, this is biting the hand that feeds you then complaining your food tastes like copper.

1 This was a joke by stand-up comedian Gallagher.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...I'm a little worried what the next big "nobody knows about this" conspiracy theory COVID killer they'll invent next.
    Last I heard some folks were going to gargling and snorting Betadine, but I don't think that picked up the same kind of traction as over-the-counter livestock de-wormer.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about Christopher Charles Perez.

"He's fucked?"

Well, he's going to prison so...at least metaphorically. Perez claimed on social media that he paid someone with COVID to go licking things in a grocery store. Well, the FBI saw that and takes a dim view about threats of biological weapons -- even hoax claims. It's called 18 U.S.C. § 103 and, yep, it's a federal crime.

My homeboys cousin has covid19 and has licked everything for past 2 days cause we paid him too. Big difference is we told him not to be these fucking idiots who record and post online. . .YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!
    -- Perez

Those who would threaten to use COVID-19 as a weapon against others will be held accountable for their actions, even if the threat was a hoax.

Perez’s actions were knowingly designed to spread fear and panic and today’s sentencing illustrates the seriousness of this crime. The FBI would like to thank our law enforcement partners for their help in this case.
    -- the FBI

Perez got 15 months and a $1,000 fine. Also, I'm just going to go ahead and guess 15 months is a felony, which means from now on, when Perez fills out a job application, he will have to tell his prospective boss he lied about having his cousin lick a grocery store because he didn't want to stand in line.

Technically, Perez wasn't a terrorist. He wasn't trying to change political viewpoints by force, threats, or violence. He just didn't want long lines at the grocery store. Plus, he was lying. He's an idiot, and maybe a sociopath, but not a mass murderer. I hope that he has time to reflect upon his behavior over the next 15 months in prison -- rumor has it people lick everything there, too.

Well the both funny and horrible issue about this trend is: labs are actually trying to create a working treatment.

Vaccines have drastically reduced mortality/hospitalizations but since they don't prevent infection/spreading the herd inmunity is a empty concept now so it would be terrific to have a simple pill that would cure you.

If we ever create such thing....they are not gonna believe it. If the FDA or the EMA approves a treatment with robust clinical trials they are gonna keep pushing their Homo Retardis bullshit and reject it so there's this fundamental paradox where there can never be a solution for this problem (for them): if it is clinically approved it's part of the New Order plan...if it's not it simply just does not work.

Isn't a wonderful moment to be alive? Yeeeeahhh...it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Last I heard some folks were going to gargling and snorting Betadine.
    Oddly enough, you are supposed to gargle with it if it's low enough concentration.

Big surprise: this probably came out of a level five test trials, as shown here:

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Yeah, it kills covid in a petri dish. (Spoiler alert: so does pretty much everything else.)
    Betadine is topical iodine, which, yeah, is a wound treatment. It kills things, that's it's job. That's why you don't want to swallow that shit. If you keep it down, it'll come out as bloody diarrhea. Or...kill you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Vaccines have drastically reduced mortality/hospitalizations but since they don't prevent infection/spreading the herd inmunity is a empty concept now so it would be terrific to have a simple pill that would cure you.
    Just for the record, while I'm no medical expert, I'm calling bullshit on a pill that, you wait until you have COVID, then take the pill, preventing spreading. By the time you have symptoms, you've already spread the disese.

Also, did you say the vaccines "don't prevent infection"? Um...you want to clarify that?

- - - Updated - - -

If we ever create such thing....they are not gonna believe it.
    On that: just hit refresh, Fauci has already said the results were promising. So, no, they won't believe it. They think Fauci, who Trump hired, is some kind of deep state fake doctor.

Dont we have an actual covid pill in P3 RCT like, right now, that has shown efectiveness? or is the mechanism of action of molnupiravir too difficult to understand for the trumpettees?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Donald Trump has dropped off the Forbes 400 list
    Not a huge surprise, but the Moderna founders helped push him off.

- - - Updated - - -

So we all remember Dan Scavino, don't we? No? One of Trump's WH aides. He also promoted the Trump rally that became the murderous insurrection.

Well, as expected from context, the Jan 6th commission wants to subpoena him, but they can't find him. My guess, is he's hiding in his bunker somewhere, crying like a bitch.

Scavino was reportedly also in a Jan 5 meeting in which Trump was discussion how to decertify the election in which he fairly lost. Because he both did that, and also helped organize the rally, he could either be a hostile witness or a suspect.

Fleeing from a subpoena should be a crime, depending on the situation. If you intentionally do it long enough, that's contempt of court. More importantly in this case, if law enforcement (or whoever the House or Senate has) can't find you, not only will they start harassing your friends and colleagues -- and yes, that will be your fault, and yes, they could get dragged into court too -- but the case doesn't necessarily stop. If two people are charged with a crime, and only one shows up, that one can say "well it was all his idea" and you can't do anything about it because you weren't there. Again, how this Jan 6th thing will work might not be 100% in line with a standard court case, but the DoJ is not friendly to these people at all, and if Pelosi, Schumer, or hell Oscar the Grouch asks for DoJ help to track down insurrectionists, they'll get it.

Scavino has two choices, run indefinitely or give up now. He's already low on friends (Trump doesn't count, Scavino is no longer useful to Trump) and it's not like he's rich.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Dont we have an actual covid pill in P3 RCT like, right now, that has shown efectiveness?
    Not just Fauci, but the WHO seem to think things are progressing well. So...yes?

Just for the record, while I'm no medical expert, I'm calling bullshit on a pill that, you wait until you have COVID, then take the pill, preventing spreading. By the time you have symptoms, you've already spread the disese.
    r.
    Yeah of course it does not. We still can't make Tachyon pills who travels back in time but the people who got infected by you...can still take the pill and don't have severe symptons.

Since we still can't make a vaccine that blocks the infection preventing you from spreading right now this is the most promising path.

Also, did you say the vaccines "don't prevent infection"? Um...you want to clarify that?

Covid-19 vaccines does not prevent you from exposure and does not stop infection. Vaccines in general prevents infection from developing to disease ( in Covid-19 case lower the chance of sever symptons).

This graph explains it:

Scavino has two choices, run indefinitely or give up now. He's already low on friends (Trump doesn't count, Scavino is no longer useful to Trump) and it's not like he's rich.
    Looks like they've all decided to defy the subpoena anyway
    According to reporting from The Guardian, which cited a source familiar with the matter, the former aides — which include Dan Scavino, who managed Trump’s social media when he was president; Steve Bannon, a right-wing provocateur and former chief strategist to Trump; Kash Patel, who served as the acting chief of staff for the defense secretary on January 6; and Trump’s former chief of staff Mark Meadows — will refuse to comply with the commission’s orders to turn over documents relevant to the Capitol breach, and will not appear behind closed doors to testify about it later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/t-funded-ov...eories-1636126

Go figure...OAN's primary funder with over 90% of all funding is...AT&T. Who knew they were such big players in the right wing fictional media space.
    Guess I will never use them again.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vaccines in general prevents infection from developing to disease
    Okay, that's the clarification I was hoping to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Looks like they've all decided to defy the subpoena anyway
    Well then it's time to force the issue. I'd love nothing better than to see Steve Bannon led out of his house in handcuffs by a SWAT team. I don't think that would happen, but man, it'd be delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Guess I will never use them again.
    I think that's something a LOT of people have been saying for a while...but either they can't drop them entirely or are unknowingly supporting companies owned by AT&T, like freakin HBO.