Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm fine with Velfs stealing the Belf looks, but I just want the skin option to be all void like when your racial procs.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    They should rename Void Elves to Star Elves, and go all-in on the Starry Void aesthetic, that would be wonderful.
    The Void has always been associated with the aesthetics of stars. After all the Void Lords dwell in the Void, which pretty much looks like deep space.

Even though the Kaldorei are the "Children of the Stars", the Void and thus the Ren'dorei are also connected to the astral aesthetic.

Wouldn't you agree @ravenmoon, do you want to share your thoughts on the subjects of Stars, Ren'dorei, Kaldorei, Void, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Since this is more of a VE focused concept, this would be a better place for it than the HE megathread.

Starcursed Hair Effect Concepts

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/MyErhsS.png[/MG]

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/8vuZrEV.png[/IG]
    These are beautiful! Amazing work, bud!

I especially love 9, 10 and 14 in the second set!

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    I'm fine with Velfs stealing the Belf looks, but I just want the skin option to be all void like when your racial procs.
    Like, the armor? because the skin itself becomes very very blue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    These are beautiful! Amazing work, bud!

I especially love 9, 10 and 14 in the second set!
    Thank you! !

Since this is more of a VE focused concept, this would be a better place for it than the HE megathread.

Starcursed Hair Effect Concepts
    These are gorgeous! I'd love to see these as options someday!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you! !
    I hope you've poked some Blizz artists with this stuff on twitter or something!

Like, the armor? because the skin itself becomes very very blue

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! !
    Sorry, I meant the skin, yes. The deep dark voidy blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Void has always been associated with the aesthetics of stars. After all the Void Lords dwell in the Void, which pretty much looks like deep space.

Even though the Kaldorei are the "Children of the Stars", the Void and thus the Ren'dorei are also connected to the astral aesthetic.

Wouldn't you agree @ravenmoon, do you want to share your thoughts on the subjects of Stars, Ren'dorei, Kaldorei, Void, etc.
    Makes me think of the quote from 2001 Space Odyssey, the book describes the scene in which Bowman is entering the star gate, and he says the following phrase just before losing contact with Mission Control: "The thing's hollow -- it goes on forever -- and -- oh my God! -- it's full of stars!"

I think that would be a cool way to approach the Void - not as something that is just pitch black and absent of anything, evil for its own sake - it could be representative of the vast infinite foreverness of space, pitch black and empty for the most part, but full of stars!

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Makes me think of the quote from 2001 Space Odyssey, the book describes the scene in which Bowman is entering the star gate, and he says the following phrase just before losing contact with Mission Control: "The thing's hollow -- it goes on forever -- and -- oh my God! -- it's full of stars!"

I think that would be a cool way to approach the Void - not as something that is just pitch black and absent of anything, evil for its own sake - it could be representative of the vast infinite foreverness of space, pitch black and empty for the most part, but full of stars!
    If you look on voided land we seen in Mac'Aree, it's mostly deep darkness filled with stars. It looks awesome. Void elf heritage reflect that as well, so I believe that is the theme fitting for Void elves perfectly.

We already know what the Void looks like, and it looks like this:

As we know that Telogrus Rift exists tethered to the brink of the Void, meaning that we can see the Void from it:

Drathir's quest for power led him to seek the fragments of an ancient world, one teetering on the brink of the void itself.

His notes said it existed within a rift in the very fabric of reality. He never found this place... but I have succeeded where he failed. The way will soon be open to us!

Drathir believed this site held an ancient object of unspeakable might. Perhaps this will be the key that allows us to gain control over the shadows.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Umb...Dawnstar_Spire

Or anyway we can expect the Void to look similar to that, regardless we know that Telogrus Rift indeed exists at the very edge of the Void and could serve as an entry way into the Void.

I definitely expect the Void to look like that, but now that I think about it the Void has never been shown in any game or lore source, which is very interesting. We have been to Ny'alotha, but is that a dimension within the Void? Perhaps.

Also to be fair there is a potion in WoD that sends you into the "realm of the Void", but the "realm of the Void" is basically Shadowmoon Valley with a reused skybox from the Ner'zhul dungeon encounter, so frankly it might simply get the Shadowlands treatment (as we all know Shadowlands originally was just a ghostly version of Azeroth...).

Totally not expansion material

Although it might be difficult to truly flesh-out the Void, and it might have the same problem Argus had (there's not a lot of room for variety in races, factions, landscapes, etc. since it's a cursed place ruled by the Void Lords); which is why the Void expansion might also feature the former homeworld of the Ethereal species, which was consumed by the Void.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-07 at 03:57 PM.

Although it might be difficult to truly flesh-out the Void, and it might have the same problem Argus had (there's not a lot of room for variety in races, factions, landscapes, etc. since it's a cursed place ruled by the Void Lords); which is why the Void expansion might also feature the former homeworld of the Ethereal species, which was consumed by the Void.
    Maybe we could get "BfA" treatment with two separate continents, one for Void realm, other possibly for Light realm. That could give us more creative space and we could finaly explore that unique link Light and Void have.

I'd also love to explore "evil" part of the Light and "good" part of the Void, as we've been shown Light is not only benevolent as we thought.

Void elf Connections with High elves and Night elves.

I really wish blizzard would expand this and develop it meaningful. Void elf development is still pretty shallow. Lacking a zone like Suramar or highmountain where we properly explore them or develop them, yet they have much potential to develop the high elves you can now sorta play as and also give the night elves some close friends THAT AREN'T HUMAN.

High Elves:

I'd love to see something like a soulbind connection. TH elore is ripe for it.. a faction of high elves join the ren'dorei in a story that ends up leading tot hem forming a unique bond. Maybe some tried to get rid of htem in the name of the light or understand them, or just help em out by balancing the void.

With the bonding, void elves are able to tap into much more of the void without sanity issues because of the link and bond to their soul bonded high elf who's light based. The high elf partner finds he gests much stornger in the light because it reacts to the void intensely as if to figh ti t, allowing the high elf to wiled the light more powerfully.

And so you have high elf and void elves in pairs - wouldn't it be cool if you actually had to design your pair? basically if you're toon is pale skinned, your pair has to be void skinned and vice versa..so you can either be the high elf or the void elf in the relationship. Paladin class opens up.

This coupled up with some cool void elf customisations like the hair above would be awesome.

Night elves:

Void elves really want to understand more the power of the night warrior and use it, so alluring is this that some turn tot he faith of Elune to explore this side a lot more. Besides, Elunism has a lot of arcane in it anyway, so it's right up their street and funny thing is their insight helps Tyrande pas on that power. So they connect to ngiht elves via the priesthood.

Highborne connection - ofc, the Shen'dralar and their new Darnassian caste have no trouble with the void elves, they get on very well in a friendship that rivals the Nightborne/blood elf one. Shen'dralar also have some lost knowledge of the void too. while their libraries were ravaged and destroyed in the sacking of Dire Maul, these knowledge fanatics would never leave physical copies as the only source of the thing they prize most, knowledge. They use highly advanced magical means to store their vast knowledge libraries within themselves or in crystals. The library books are more like prized collections book fanatics have over first editions - we know the Shen'dralar had a penchant for original material too. Wrathion did not approach any individual in his search for clues to fight N'zoth, knowing anyone could be compromised and no one outside the hero, Magni and M.O.T.H.E.R could be trusted this is why he had to search libraries.

Long and short is that void elves get on well with Highborne.

Druids: You'd think this would be a problem.. but guess who the druids went to for help with the nightmare, and guess who actually found new ways of heping? yes.. void elves - in some areas their knoweldge was the key to reversing the void damage in the emerald dream, in other places too far gone, their knoweldge was the key in actually utilising the void to benefit nature or at least to boost power to fight - this also led to void elf druids and a good relationship.

The excitement ove rne wknoweldge, and the need for harmony again, allowed these elves to bury the hatchet and animosity - afterall, they've fought together for a while now. and cannot afford to be killing one another or waste time in hate.

New Void elf Customisations

Void elves could get
    1. void taint skin effects - these have degrees of purple on the skin, so from just hands and and feet, and then growing - obviously it can work on all skin shades, but it's most pronounced on the paler skin shades. Your example would be the second to last highest setting. Highest setting might add a purple fire like glow to the hands.

2. Tattoos. Your design is quite cool, so blizzard would provide a few variations
    3. Tattoo colour - colours would be 3 shades of purple, 2 x shades of blue, 1 x white/silver, 1 x forest green, 1 x pink, 1 x darker gold (like the race crest)

4. Void corruptions: like in the picture above. Second pair of eyes, void eye, void spikes, also void tentacles (one option on back, one on arm)
    5. New eye types (placed in the eye colour category) - like in the picture above, 3 types of void eyes, black eye colour and also normal non-glowy eyes
    6. Entropic form customisation: a variety of options for your entropic embrace, including a light version which could alternatively be a glyph for those who role play as high elves.
    7. Some additional fuller beard options.
    8. Void corruptions - like in the picture above
    9. Jewelery options - a jewellery bar - can add a necklace, forehead gem and head band of vearying deisigns (purple and blue gem colour, only gold optoin

I also feel Night elves should have a star effect version of this, but just a glitter effect.. i.e. like people who have glitter in their hair, rather than the void misasma above. Night elf customisations include.

Night Elves:
    1. Star tattoos: Tyrande night warrior tattoo, Tyrande avatar of Elune star tattoos. Great for the priest and Highborne fantasy, also works on the druid too
    2. Magical star effects: Similar to Moonkin astral form: boosts both the priest and Highborne arcane night elf fantasy. Showers of stars, arcane star effects,
    3. Selection of additional faces for males similar to what they did for Nightborne, that look young, without growls etc - smooth skinned versions of the existing NElf ones could work.
    4. Neck posture adjustment on NElf males- to look like the classic night elf, this was fixed in the Zandalari troll model, and Nightborne posture changed that for Nightborne.
    5. NElf males have in addition the neat beard option they had removed
    6. Eye colour options: Blue-black colour and Emerald green colour (in addition to the black eyes, the blue shade of black that was removed should also return as an additional option, Emerald green glow like m
    7. Thin manicured eyebrow type option - for highborne and temple priestess/priest fantasy
    8. Hair effects: Change vines to a slider, you can now have vines or stars in your hair, star options can be silver, purple and blue tinged.

I am very pleased that the Ren'dorei are now one of the two main races of the Alliance (alongside the LF Draenei). Just as High Exarch Turalyon sits on the throne of Stormwind, Alleria Windrunner co-leads from the War Room next to the throne.

From exiles in the Ghostlands to leadership of the Alliance, perfect and a natural outcome for a race comprised of the first mortals in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers.

I have no doubt that, under the co-leadership of the Ren'dorei and LF Draenei, the Alliance shall prosper and heal from the wounds of war.

I am very pleased that the Ren'dorei are now one of the two main races of the Alliance (alongside the LF Draenei). Just as High Exarch Turalyon sits on the throne of Stormwind, Alleria Windrunner co-leads from the War Room next to the throne.

From exiles in the Ghostlands to leadership of the Alliance, perfect and a natural outcome for a race comprised of the first mortals in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers.

I have no doubt that, under the co-leadership of the Ren'dorei and LF Draenei, the Alliance shall prosper and heal from the wounds of war.
    Is it getting that feeling of the old alliance to you? Humans, elves and dwarves? The original alliance core?

Alleria isn't co-leader of the Alliance. She is essentially an advisor to Turalyon and that's it. She has no title and holds no political sway within the Alliance, cause many people still distrust her and her kin, as shown in Shadows Rising. Shaw doesn't trust her at all and I bet SI:7 spies are watching her closely ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Alleria isn't co-leader of the Alliance. She is essentially an advisor to Turalyon and that's it. She has no title and holds no political sway within the Alliance, cause many people still distrust her and her kin, as shown in Shadows Rising. Shaw doesn't trust her at all and I bet SI:7 spies are watching her closely ever since.
    The Alliance is not a democracy. Alleria is the second highest-ranking member of the Alliance, as High Regent Turalyon's chief advisor and advisor of the room next to the Throne Room.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    She is the leader of the Ren'dorei - furthermore, would she need to hold a title specifically, she is a hero for the alliance clearly respected amongst all the original alliance races, including the blood elves. She has brought the might and magic of hte high elves back into the alliance. And she is both wife and advisor to the leader of the alliance. I mean, do you doubt her influence?

Even i f it's not been stated exactly, given what they've shown currently, she's right there, both as a racial leader and in the faction.

New nightborne weapons look surprisingly good with Void Edge illusion. It fits our heritage quite well... but I still hope we would get void elf weapons eventually too.

Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-12-13 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    New nightborne weapons look surprisingly good with Void Edge illusion. It fits our heritage quite well... but I still hope we would get void elf weapons eventually too.

If only that void enchant could have purple star and deep face effect like the void wings on the heritage armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    If only that void enchant could have purple star and deep face effect like the void wings on the heritage armor.
    Yes, that would look awesome. Perhaps Wild Soul illusion (night fae) will be closer to that, but I'll be able to try it once I reach renown 80 on my DH.