10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I just found this out, so maybe it will help someone:
    Equipped items, food and drinks do not add to weight. Feel free to craft as many travel rations as you want and equip as much Water as you want for a cheap HoT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    woodcutting and stone cutting, it will be mind numbingly boring and tedious but you could conceivably lvl up both of those professions from just mining stone and logging wood from outside a settlement > refine inside > sell/store to empty bags > repeat process over ad nauseum.
    well, these are refining, but i asked about crafting. thanks tho

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Hey, I just found this out, so maybe it will help someone:
    Equipped items, food and drinks do not add to weight. Feel free to craft as many travel rations as you want and equip as much Water as you want for a cheap HoT.
    also, dont wear shield if u dont use sword as it DOES add weight to your armor aka equip load. unless u want to increase it on purpose or just dont give a fuck and want to look cool xd
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    also, dont wear shield if u dont use sword as it DOES add weight to your armor aka equip load. unless u want to increase it on purpose or just dont give a fuck and want to look cool xd
    Ah good to know!

Currently playing Fire Staff (Mage) and Ice Gauntlet (Builder).

Quick query -- currently respec'ing is free till level 20, will respec cost be based on times used or flat charge depending on level?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Quick query -- currently respec'ing is free till level 20, will respec cost be based on times used or flat charge depending on level?
    In short, both. It costs azoth and the higher level you are, the higher the cost but also increases exponentially with every respecc.

Just an example. I'm lvl 38, only respeccted my Hammer points once so far and the next respecc costs me 120 azoth, at the moment. I remember looking at it a few levels ago and the respecc cost was much lower.
    I believe there's a max threshold though as it cannot be higher than 1000 azoth since that's the cap.

--------------------

EDIT: Weirdly enough, this is the first game I don't care about levelling up. To get to 60 only to return to lower zones for gathering and crafting?!
    I have so many professions I want to level up, I'm literally not interested in getting levels at all. I pick up quests in the world as I run into them but not chasing them. Very different feeling than the usual MMOs... and I quite enjoy it.

And fishing... maaan, I so want to max fishing, even though I know it's the slowest to level. It can bring you legendary fish which you can either display as a trophy in your house, granting you permanent stat buffs, cook them for temporary stats increase (like +40 to every stat) or sell them at the trading post for a load of money (since they are legendary, I'm guessing they will be fairly uncommon).

After playing WoW since 2006, hardcore raiding, guild leading and raid leading through multiple expansions, New World is a totally new experience. I think it works for me because I don't have a lot of time to play anymore, like I used to. I now have weekends and a couple of hours in the evening during weekdays so this definitely fits my schedule.

I understand a lot of people will get bored of it because they are used to play an MMO for many hours, do dungeons and raids but for older players like me, with work, family and kids, NW has a lot to offer.
    I also strongly believe that Amazon will introduce a lot of PvE content in the future. They have seen what success the launch has brought to their gaming division and will not want to stop here, makes no business sense to do so.
    Last edited by Pretorian; 2021-10-07 at 10:07 AM.
    “There is no right or wrong, only consequences.”
    -------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    In short, both. It costs azoth and the higher level you are, the higher the cost but also increases exponentially with every respecc.

Just an example. I'm lvl 38, only respeccted my Hammer points once so far and the next respecc costs me 120 azoth, at the moment. I remember looking at it a few levels ago and the respecc cost was much lower.
    I believe there's a max threshold though as it cannot be higher than 1000 azoth since that's the cap.

--------------------

EDIT: Weirdly enough, this is the first game I don't care about levelling up. To get to 60 only to return to lower zones for gathering and crafting?!
    I have so many professions I want to level up, I'm literally not interested in getting levels at all. I pick up quests in the world as I run into them but not chasing them. Very different feeling than the usual MMOs... and I quite enjoy it.

And fishing... maaan, I so want to max fishing, even though I know it's the slowest to level. It can bring you legendary fish which you can either display as a trophy in your house, granting you permanent stat buffs, cook them for temporary stats increase (like +40 to every stat) or sell them at the trading post for a load of money (since they are legendary, I'm guessing they will be fairly uncommon).

After playing WoW since 2006, hardcore raiding, guild leading and raid leading through multiple expansions, New World is a totally new experience. I think it works for me because I don't have a lot of time to play anymore, like I used to. I now have weekends and a couple of hours in the evening during weekdays so this definitely fits my schedule.

I understand a lot of people will get bored of it because they are used to play an MMO for many hours, do dungeons and raids but for older players like me, with work, family and kids, NW has a lot to offer.
    I also strongly believe that Amazon will introduce a lot of PvE content in the future. They have seen what success the launch has brought to their gaming division and will not want to stop here, makes no business sense to do so.
    Same. Im coming from 16 years of playing wow, this feels like a nice change of pace. im just lvl 28 but I get distracted from leveling often enough. Sometimes I end up farming proffesion stuff, then im in a town making & selling stuff. Then theres portals to deal with, my faction attacks a fort or random pvp fights happen. Sometimes I do the pvp missions for the added tension of meeting enemies to fight against, or even hide against at times.

The game has its flaws and all that, but I do believe Amazon got something good here. Def something to keep expanding and build on, for sure.

my question is how will they handle faction imbalance on servers... Purple started out dominate on mine but green is quickly taking over, and yellow is just sort of there.... At some point people will shit to the faction with the most control or stop playing out of frustration. Has there been anything posted about balancing?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    my question is how will they handle faction imbalance on servers... Purple started out dominate on mine but green is quickly taking over, and yellow is just sort of there.... At some point people will shit to the faction with the most control or stop playing out of frustration. Has there been anything posted about balancing?
    Havent ready anything, but yeah I bet its going to be difficult to balance it. But, theres 3 factions so if one is controlling everything, the other two can collaborate to take them down atleast.

But in general, people tend to join whoever is the strongest and go with that. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Valid question.

On my server, Covenant dominates at the moment; I'm Syndicate. We started quite equal with both Syndicate and Covenant having 3 territories each. Marauders were slower but have 2 now.
    Because the Covenant boys have rushed to 60 and they have a streamer on their side, they managed zergs where they stomped everything.
    By the time the Syndicate mobilized, the territory was taken. We have 2 territories left but Covenant already declared war there and they might take them. They also have a war against a Marauder territory tonight. If things continue this way, the whole map will be painted yellow.
    I'm guessing a lot of people will transfer server because of that. As most people like to play for the winning side and faction change is only available once every 4 months plus you cannot join the dominant faction, I think a lot of players will try to find a server where their respective covenant is at least balanced, and transfer.

I personally think that once most people get to max level and a lot of players from the dominant faction would have done their thing and just stop playing, things will balance out on the map. Remains to be seen if I'm right...

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Havent ready anything, but yeah I bet its going to be difficult to balance it. But, theres 3 factions so if one is controlling everything, the other two can collaborate to take them down atleast.

But in general, people tend to join whoever is the strongest and go with that. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretorian View Post
    Valid question.

On my server, Covenant dominates at the moment; I'm Syndicate. We started quite equal with both Syndicate and Covenant having 3 territories each. Marauders were slower but have 2 now.
    Because the Covenant boys have rushed to 60 and they have a streamer on their side, they managed zergs where they stomped everything.
    By the time the Syndicate mobilized, the territory was taken. We have 2 territories left but Covenant already declared war there and they might take them. They also have a war against a Marauder territory tonight. If things continue this way, the whole map will be painted yellow.
    I'm guessing a lot of people will transfer server because of that. As most people like to play for the winning side and faction change is only available once every 4 months plus you cannot join the dominant faction, I think a lot of players will try to find a server where their respective covenant is at least balanced, and transfer.

I personally think that once most people get to max level and a lot of players from the dominant faction would have done their thing and just stop playing, things will balance out on the map. Remains to be seen if I'm right...
    The big way they try and neutralise that is if you don't have many/any territories, you get a massive influence buff, so you can take forts way easier. Had some instances of like 20 people losing to a 5 man cos the faction the 5 guys were on had no territories.

It won't flip the map, but makes it easier to make a foothold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    The big way they try and neutralise that is if you don't have many/any territories, you get a massive influence buff, so you can take forts way easier. Had some instances of like 20 people losing to a 5 man cos the faction the 5 guys were on had no territories.

Yeah. Tbh im not to fussed about controlling areas alot, but having a somewhat balanced pvp experience is imporant. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post

that might would work, I was thinking of something like the fewer maps owned the stronger your forts got as you consolidate resources, the more you own the more your resources are spread so they are weaker/easier to take. (note that I have not PVPed nor engaged in the war yet so not 100% sure how it works beyond relaying information in faction chat when groups are spotted)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

in reality the 2 strongest factions will shit on the weakest one, cuz it actually requires a leadership to unite and plan and ppl lack the will to do so

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    You have to wonder if Wildstar had launched today with WoW in a weakened position, if it would have succeeded.
    If Wildstar had launched today, I would drop my sub to WoW in a heartbeat. That game was superior in every possible way to WoW at launch, and only failed because of the same server queue/crash issues that NW had at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, these are refining, but i asked about crafting. thanks tho

- - - Updated - - -

stone cutting is both a refining and crafting profession as it's used for both cutting gems into usable versions, also you need woodcutting higher up to make the materials for other items, hence my suggestion.

my question is how will they handle faction imbalance on servers... Purple started out dominate on mine but green is quickly taking over, and yellow is just sort of there....
    Hello fellow Karpathenburgian!

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope they manage to balance factions

On my server, there's a whole guild controlling several territories as they zerged a lot
    They have guild, guild 2.0, guild 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 all under one leadership so there's nothing the other factions can do against them
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    btw how long till they merge all the trading posts in this game as they did in WoW with auction houses (storage sheds aka banks too)?
    especially that theres this whole territory control aspect that just makes it unconvienient for some players. its more like EVE economy system now than WoW

I was not expecting this so early in New World's life; but it looks as if Bellular has formed a new channel to cover FF14 and New World news specifically and is not covering WoW content that much anymore. I'm curious what he sees to make this change; I feel New World is still in the honeymoon phase and he should wait, but I guess he has access to data and inside information that we normal players don't. Maybe the MMO market is switching over to FF14 and New World, while WoW and other MMOs are being left in the dust.

Guess we'll see in the weeks and months ahead!

btw how long till they merge all the trading posts in this game as they did in WoW with auction houses (storage sheds aka banks too)?
    especially that theres this whole territory control aspect that just makes it unconvienient for some players. its more like EVE economy system now than WoW
    If they merged them, it would take away part of the incentives of controlling territories; I believe it's an integral part of the design.

Open World PvP in this game can be damn fun. Late last night I was fishing out in Everfall while being flagged (I'm level 25), and I was ambushed by a level 26. We were basically dueling 1v1 for 15 minutes. Was a close call but he ultimately got the upper hand and finally did me in. We whispered each other afterwards with a "well played, good sir". Was super satisfying and wholesome.

Yes, the game has it's problems, but what it does well...it does really well.