The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliad View Post
    If you don't believe this about marvel and Dc, check out sales of graphic novels where manga has been slaughtering them. There have been rumors that WB wants to just end Dc comics to save money.
    this is only a thing in Japan in north america the manga market is out sold by just floppy's let alone total sales.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...time-high-2020
    https://www.comichron.com/yearlycomi...ustrywide.html
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

According to ICv2 Manga has been dominating one category for several months: Adult graphic novels
    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...graphic-novels
    And if you compare the total of the markets then Japan wins: 5,6 billions USD in sales last year.

I can't find any reliable numbers of how much of the 1.28 billions goes to manga and how much to western comics, nor any numbers for the current year.
    If you find them, please link them.
    Last edited by segara82; 2021-09-25 at 07:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    According to ICv2 Manga has been dominating one category for several months: Adult graphic novels
    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...graphic-novels
    And if you compare the total of the markets then Japan wins: 5,6 billions USD in sales last year.

I can't find any reliable numbers of how much of the 1.28 billions goes to manga and how much to western comics, nor any numbers for the current year.
    If you find them, please link them.
    In total market your right japan wins but japan seems to be the only place where it pulls that kinds of numbers being behind western comics almost every where else.

The first chart there would be how much of the 1.28B goes to manga as it's the total sales for manga in NA in 2020, so it would be 1.28-240m. For reference the second chart says comic book but that would only be floppy's the 20 or so page comics you on book stands and stuff which is something Manga doesn't tend to sell in north America as they mostly just self volumes.

So just floppies would be out selling the total manga market in NA not even taking into account digital or GN sales.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-09-25 at 07:58 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

ScarJo and Disney settle their lawsuit. As expected, terms not disclosed, but Johansson was seeking $50m.

They all seem somewhat relieved it's behind them, I guess? Disney was probably shitting bricks once Feige expressed his displeasure of potentially screwing over one of his Avengers.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/s...ed-1235078355/

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    ScarJo and Disney settle their lawsuit. As expected, terms not disclosed, but Johansson was seeking $50m.

They all seem somewhat relieved it's behind them, I guess? Disney was probably shitting bricks once Feige expressed his displeasure of potentially screwing over one of his Avengers.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/s...ed-1235078355/
    I doubt that Disney was "shitting bricks" over the situation. More likely everyone just wanted to settle it quickly and move on...to keep from completely tanking their working relationship. Scarlett might not be Black Widow anymore...but she still has projects on the horizon with Disney.

7+ Year Old Account
    Huge leak about multiverse of Madness, don't know if its true, but spoilers anyway:

Wanda is the main villain, Shuma only has a small role as a demon Wanda summon to bring Chavez to her.

The Darkhold is the reason it's corrupting Wanda's mind with the idea of doing whatever it takes to get her kids back it makes her think they need help and are in danger somewhere in the Multiverse.

Wanda is trying to reach them but can only use astral projection to travel the multiverse and she needs to make it so her whole body could go through to get to her kids. The solution is Chavez who can create portals. Wands use the Darkhold to summon demons to bring Chavez to her but the demons destroy everything in their way including Chavez's reality. Chavez get to MCU and seek help and get to Strange who's attending Palmer's wedding at the time and then Shuma gets there and is attacking New York.

Strange beat Shuma and talk to Chavez. After that Strange goes to Wanda and they have a fight. Strange trying to bring her back to her senses but there's no use.

Wanda get to Kamar Taj and blow the place up looking for Chavez. Strange and Chavez run into other realities escaping Wanda. They go through a lot of crazy places till they get to a Mordo variant who's the master of the mystic arts in his universe. He trickes them and bring them to the Illuninati a police keeping force of the multiverse led by Charles Xavier. They put Strange and Chavez in prison. To get to them Wanda takes over the body of this universe's Wanda who's just a normal housewife with her kids. She uses her body to kill some of the Illuminati and get Chavez out. But before she can do that Xavier enter her mind and tries to free her mind from MCU Wanda. He's also trying to reach MCU Wanda and help her come to to her senses. When Wanda finally get to her kids she realize they were never in any danger and were living happily with the other Wanda in that universe on a farm. The kids want their "real" mother back and fear this Wanda. This breaks Wanda and she disappear. But not before she does the same thing she did in WandaVision but this time to the whole multiverse. Strange and Chavez get back to the MCU but the Multiverse is more broken than ever. I'm guessing what Wanda did will get her kids to the MCU and they'll be older.

they said an "important character from x-man will show up, i was not expecting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Huge leak about multiverse of Madness, don't know if its true, but spoilers anyway:

Wanda is the main villain, Shuma only has a small role as a demon Wanda summon to bring Chavez to her.

The Darkhold is the reason it's corrupting Wanda's mind with the idea of doing whatever it takes to get her kids back it makes her think they need help and are in danger somewhere in the Multiverse.

Wanda is trying to reach them but can only use astral projection to travel the multiverse and she needs to make it so her whole body could go through to get to her kids. The solution is Chavez who can create portals. Wands use the Darkhold to summon demons to bring Chavez to her but the demons destroy everything in their way including Chavez's reality. Chavez get to MCU and seek help and get to Strange who's attending Palmer's wedding at the time and then Shuma gets there and is attacking New York.

Strange beat Shuma and talk to Chavez. After that Strange goes to Wanda and they have a fight. Strange trying to bring her back to her senses but there's no use.

Wanda get to Kamar Taj and blow the place up looking for Chavez. Strange and Chavez run into other realities escaping Wanda. They go through a lot of crazy places till they get to a Mordo variant who's the master of the mystic arts in his universe. He trickes them and bring them to the Illuninati a police keeping force of the multiverse led by Charles Xavier. They put Strange and Chavez in prison. To get to them Wanda takes over the body of this universe's Wanda who's just a normal housewife with her kids. She uses her body to kill some of the Illuminati and get Chavez out. But before she can do that Xavier enter her mind and tries to free her mind from MCU Wanda. He's also trying to reach MCU Wanda and help her come to to her senses. When Wanda finally get to her kids she realize they were never in any danger and were living happily with the other Wanda in that universe on a farm. The kids want their "real" mother back and fear this Wanda. This breaks Wanda and she disappear. But not before she does the same thing she did in WandaVision but this time to the whole multiverse. Strange and Chavez get back to the MCU but the Multiverse is more broken than ever. I'm guessing what Wanda did will get her kids to the MCU and they'll be older.

they said an "important character from x-man will show up, i was not expecting him.
    What's a Chavez?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    What's a Chavez?
    Charles Xavier

i think they said like that to avoid things

i think they said like that to avoid things
    A "Chavez" it's not that. She is America Chavez, an already confirmed character in the film. Member of the Young Avengers and the Ultimates.
    Superstrength, invulnerability and ( this is the main reason she is in the film) the ability to create portals to other multiverses.

About the other character mentioned above ( i'll keep the spoiler)...I'm sceptic about it. I don't know: it is weird to introduce it this way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    A "Chavez" it's not that. She is America Chavez, an already confirmed character in the film. Member of the Young Avengers and the Ultimates.
    Superstrength, invulnerability and ( this is the main reason she is in the film) the ability to create portals to other multiverses.
    that is a way to completely kill the hype for the movie lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s weird that having strong female characters ruins movies for you.
    yeah, and not because i was expecting another character

you do have a weird complex don't you

Why?

Because the other character (let's call it ....X ) it's not in the film?

Well I haven't said that ( just expressed my skepticism). In the story that you posted X and Chavez can coexist. I merely stated X is not Chavez.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Rofl, you twisted yourself in knots to make a confirmed character into someone you’re hoping shows up and are now disappointed your mental gymnastics were wrong. Maybe instead of searching for leaks all day start with the official information that’s available.
    And whats matter for you that i get disappointed? like, did i ask your opinion or advise? get over of yourself dude

- - - Updated - - -

Why?

Because the other character (let's call it ....X ) it's not in the film?

Well I haven't said that ( just expressed my skepticism). In the story that you posted X and Chavez can coexist. I merely stated X is not Chavez.
    more because i though it was him that they were talking about, it was a turn, because the leaker change names of the heroes, like saying Dr Strange is "dr weird"

i honestly more interested in the implications of the multiverse and they maybe, bringing the x-man on it

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean it's been common knowledge that she has been in the movie for a long while now. this isn't breaking news.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean it's been common knowledge that she has been in the movie for a long while now. this isn't breaking news.
    not for everyone

And whats matter for you that i get disappointed? like, did i ask your opinion or advise? get over of yourself dude

- - - Updated - - -

more because i though it was him that they were talking about, it was a turn, because the leaker change names of the heroes, like saying Dr Strange is "dr weird"

i honestly more interested in the implications of the multiverse and they maybe, bringing the x-man on it
    Ah ok now I get the situation...so the leaker introduced a "code" and when he was talking about Chavez you "translated" into X.

Yeah ,no, that would be an extremely confusing way of introducing X into the MCU.

Plus: America is a multiversal being ( meaning there's no different versions of her in every universe of the multiverse...just one) and the protector of the multiverse so it 100% fits into the rol she would have in the leak you posted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah ok now I get the situation...so the leaker introduced a "code" and when he was talking about Chavez you "translated" into X.

Yeah ,no, that would be an extremely confusing way of introducing X into the MCU.

Plus: America is a multiversal being ( meaning there's no different versions of her in every universe of the multiverse...just one) and the protector of the multiverse so it 100% fits into the rol she would have in the leak you posted.
    i suposse yes, but they did say an important character in x-man was goign to show up and fight Wanda, pretty sure i read that

The leaker also confirmed it was him, so, ther eis that.

I think they made a path for mutants already with shriek in venom.

i suposse yes, but they did say an important character in x-man was goign to show up and fight Wanda, pretty sure i read that

The leaker also confirmed it was him, so, ther eis that.

I think they made a path for mutants already with shriek in venom.
    There is a leak and an article on one of those Hollywood magazines about a character from the X-men showing up and that it is Professor X. Some even said Wolverine too, because of a few Hugh Jackman tweets (was sometime a few months back, can't remember off the top of my head what exactly it was). And last year there was the interview with Patrick Steward, where he said he had met with Kevin Feige, but he wasn't actually coming back (which was, of course, questioned, because they all say that until they are officially announced ^^). But so far those are all leaks and rumors and nothing has actually been confirmed by Marvel.

America Chavez had been announced when the movie was announced. Thing is, I think she makes former X-men characters more likely, because hopping through the multiverse is kind of her thing. But that is just my take on it, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    America Chavez had been announced when the movie was announced. Thing is, I think she makes former X-men characters more likely, because hopping through the multiverse is kind of her thing. But that is just my take on it, of course.
    I seriously think people need to drop the idea that the X-men are ever gonna show up, particularly as a continuation from the Fox films. At best, they'll cast new people in the roles and start their stories fresh. There's a lot of baggage with the Fox films, and most of that baggage is . . . not really worth bringing in.

"But Hugh Jackman!" People should recall when that casting was first announced. "The 6' tall rom-com song-and-dance guy? As Wolverine? GTFO!" He made it work, because he's a good actor and threw himself into the role, but that casting wasn't the kind of perfect fit that RDJ or Chris Evans were for their respective roles in the MCU. You're just used to Jackman in the role, by now.

And he had a perfect sendoff. In his best film in the role. In Logan.

Other than Jackman, there's Stewart and McKellen as Xavier and Magneto, and they're both old. Like, super old. I can't see them reprising those roles at this stage. Hell, two of Stewart's latest reprisals of his classic characters (Logan, and ST: Picard) were both framed from a "he's so old" perspective. The actors the MCU would be most likely to poach for those roles are the First Class cast, and they were fine. But they aren't the ones people rave about in the roles, in the first place.

Narratively, you can make pretty much anything work. But in practical terms, I just don't see that cast resurfacing in the MCU, the way some fans seem to think is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I seriously think people need to drop the idea that the X-men are ever gonna show up, particularly as a continuation from the Fox films. At best, they'll cast new people in the roles and start their stories fresh. There's a lot of baggage with the Fox films, and most of that baggage is . . . not really worth bringing in.

"But Hugh Jackman!" People should recall when that casting was first announced. "The 6' tall rom-com song-and-dance guy? As Wolverine? GTFO!" He made it work, because he's a good actor and threw himself into the role, but that casting wasn't the kind of perfect fit that RDJ or Chris Evans were for their respective roles in the MCU. You're just used to Jackman in the role, by now.

And he had a perfect sendoff. In his best film in the role. In Logan.

Other than Jackman, there's Stewart and McKellen as Xavier and Magneto, and they're both old. Like, super old. I can't see them reprising those roles at this stage. Hell, two of Stewart's latest reprisals of his classic characters (Logan, and ST: Picard) were both framed from a "he's so old" perspective. The actors the MCU would be most likely to poach for those roles are the First Class cast, and they were fine. But they aren't the ones people rave about in the roles, in the first place.

Narratively, you can make pretty much anything work. But in practical terms, I just don't see that cast resurfacing in the MCU, the way some fans seem to think is inevitable.
    I think in a scenario where Strange and Chavez are on the hunt through different universes and they come across the one where Xavier exists, he could show up. Not that he would somehow find his way to the MCU-universe and from then on be their Professor Xavier. I really hope they find a good actor to play MCU Xavier (and other mutants) who wants to stay around for a long time, if they choose to have mutants in a bigger capacity.