Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Those unreasonable manchildren with this weird idea that the best gear at the game should come from the most difficult content. How dare there be commensurate rewards for commensurate content! Everybody should be equal in a video game!!!
    Thank you for coming in and proving the point.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Thank you for coming in and proving the point.
    Proving what point? That you're just hoping for more prompts to write steamy FFXIV love letters on a WoW forum?

Proving what point? That you're just hoping for more prompts to write steamy FFXIV love letters on a WoW forum?
    That the response to "We should make this game more fun for more people" is just childish, condescending whining.
    -ynnady

That's intentional. Blizzard wants you to raid or do M+ to get better quality gear.
    They did it better in BFA. Heroic/Mythic raiding and upper level M+ still had the best gear, but WQ's and things like Visions offered an alternative path to decent gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always loved Coop RPG's and WoW was just that, but on a much larger scale. My fondest memories was playing Lord of the Rings on my PS2 with friends, Gauntlet Legends for N64 with my brother and various other coop titles back then. I talked to someone about WoW while we were playing a Green TD in WC3 and I was convinced to give it a whirl. I was immediately hooked and spent as much time playing as I could. Back then I could play the game without needing a guild or some social network in game. If I wasn't in a guild now, I would quit the game. The only thing keeping me attached to WoW is raiding with my guild.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

That the response to "We should make this game more fun for more people" is just childish, condescending whining.
    Good thing "fun" in a video game is universally accepted fact, right?

Good thing "fun" in a video game is universally accepted fact, right?
    Explain to me how something like a badge system that allows any casual player to target and obtain BiS gear over a long period of time makes the game less fun for you.
    -ynnady

Explain to me how something like a badge system that allows any casual player to target and obtain BiS gear over a long period of time makes the game less fun for you.
    Because over the course of the expansion you end up with the same problem that WotLK had: Multiple types of badges coming from different kinds of content that is in no way intuitive to new/returning players. There's also the very real fact that there's no correlation between the ability to obtain BiS gear in this game and engagement from casuals. I'm fine with more deterministic rewards but I'm not okay with the best gear in the game being on a vendor.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP: it was and always will be raiding/content with people I like...guilders, friends, etc.

Wrath was great for me because of the emblems and vendors. The vendor had specific items and I could work towards them, and once I had them the character was done. Always felt like I was progressing towards a definite goal and it made playing multiple characters enjoyable. Also most of the zones had a nice sense of space and didn't feel cluttered or annoying, plus they really nailed the vibe with the visuals and music.

Many things made me want to quit.

1 - HC 5man not being locked to 1 a day. Meant that i felt like i had to keep doing the same one over and over again untill i got the drop i needed.
    Before you would do it once peer day and you would move on to doing something else like pvp, dailys, fininshing a questline or play on your alt. It didnt really bother me much in WOTLK since it came later in the expansion and i didnt really needed anything from 5mans anymore, it was a pain in my butt in CATA.

2- HC 5man giving badges to buy raid gear. It didnt piss me off in wotlk. you would get 2 badges for ICC gear peer day and i was getting enough badges to kind off skip this.
    Now Justice points in CATA was very anoying. to stay competitive i was being forced to do 10 HCs peer week. Remind you that the only reason i was doing said HCs was just for the justice points since i didnt need any gear from them. I could just raid log on my Main but no, i had to waist my time doing something not fun for the sake of staying competitive. Again i could have spent my time doing something fun like PVPing, fininshing a questline or playing my alts.

3- LFR. This completly made me quit the game back in CATA. I quitted the game with 6/8 HC clear because i had done the raid so many times with my main and alts. LFR was mandetory since you could get tier pieces from it.

Came back for 2 months in Legion.

1- For 2 months i barely spoke with anyone i didnt make a single friend. Nothing in the world that required help from others, crossrealm playing in dugeons meant you wouldnt find those ppl in your server ever again, phasing in zones with ppl from other realms, again what is the point if you cant make friends to join a guild.
    Everything was faceroll from questing to 5man dugeons to HC dugeons.
    Every paladin with Ashbringer
    Saw all raids in LFR that were available at the time and i saw no point in joining a guild. there wouldnt be that feeling of a first kill anymore. it was ruin from the faceroll crap LFR is.
    Loads of GOGOGOGOGO mentality and toxic shit. The game was always toxic but if you only played with ppl from the same realm you would get a rep. Playing Cross realms who gives a crap.

Came back to play vanilla and made 5new friends within the first 30min.
    Servers were alive again with ppl having conversations in chat.
    Quit after reaching lvl 60 due to my newborn.

Came back for TBC , made a shitton of friends. Joinned a guild and i am having fun raiding and pvping.
    Last edited by Etna-the-Undying; 2021-10-07 at 08:19 PM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's too much FOMO these days, and the game feels like it's more about getting a high score than having a fun adventure.

Because over the course of the expansion you end up with the same problem that WotLK had: Multiple types of badges coming from different kinds of content that is in no way intuitive to new/returning players. There's also the very real fact that there's no correlation between the ability to obtain BiS gear in this game and engagement from casuals. I'm fine with more deterministic rewards but I'm not okay with the best gear in the game being on a vendor.
    There are obvious solutions to the badge bloat problem. We use one of those solutions for the honor/conquest system.

I asked you how it would make the game less fun for you, and you didn't answer my question. This is a running theme with you: The inability to answer questions.
    -ynnady

What kept you playing WoW in the past? What made it fun to play?
    WoW then (MoP era):

• Lots of content, and quality content. Many zones and questlines and challenges.
    • New content came out on a regular basis.
    • Memorable music.
    • Engrossing story and likeable characters.
    • Thriving RP scene.
    • Fun PvP and open world PvP. Rewarding.
    • Minimal mandatory chores compared to Legion onwards.
    • Devs were likeable and interacted with the community.

WoW now:

• Barely any content. Only 4 zones. Very little questing content to do. No reputation storylines. No scenarios. No optional storylines.
    • Great content like the legendary questlines, green fire questline, the mage tower, etc, were removed from the game.
    • Barely a drip of content and it's bad.
    • Forgettable music.
    • Awful story and unlikeable characters.
    • Dead RP scene.
    • PvP isn't fun. Open world PvP is dead. Unrewarding.
    • I play a game to have fun, not to work a second job. World of Chorescraft.
    • The devs hardly ever talk to their customers and actively despise them on Twitter and in interviews.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-10-07 at 08:44 PM.

There are obvious solutions to the badge bloat problem. We use one of those solutions for the honor/conquest system.

I asked you how it would make the game less fun for you, and you didn't answer my question. This is a running theme with you: The inability to answer questions.
    Because he doesn't know, he just hates it because no casual should ever get good gear in his mind. Not now, not 6 months from now, never!

The badge system was actually solved long ago. When a new patch comes out all Valor coverts to justice so everyone starts at zero Valor and can begin grinding for their heroic raid quality gear over the course of a few months. However that would cause a bunch of tryhards to have a stroke, even though they will get the gear months earlier.

Fucking clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Because he doesn't know, he just hates it because no casual should ever get good gear in his mind. Not now, not 6 months from now, never!

The badge system was actually solved long ago. When a new patch comes out all Valor coverts to justice so everyone starts at zero Valor and can begin grinding for their heroic raid quality gear over the course of a few months. However that would cause a bunch of tryhards to have a stroke, even though they will get the gear months earlier.

Fucking clowns.
    Or maybe I simply disagree that it's a good system? Holy fucking shit.

The moment class abilities were being pruned/simplified in WOD, my motivation to play the game started to dwindle, but the pruning was understandable, can't have homogenization or too many abilities.

Then came rental systems like artifact weapons/legiondaries/azerite armor/azerite neckpiece/covenants/soulbinds and all of that shit.

In the previous expansions before WOD your level increased and you got stronger and got more abilities. It created this sense of actual character progression. But when number/ability pruning came around, it started to get weird and after legion it became an absolute clusterfuck. I mean scaling was all over the place and leveling just didn't mean anything anymore. The talents introduced in MOP back then and to this day are STILL not finessed and feels like its in the alpha stages because the talent rows don't make any sense.

"Hey, let's just put 3 random abilities/passives in the same row and see how it goes!"

Turns out you can't swap on the go because you have to be in a rested zone or have tome on you IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    The moment class abilities were being pruned/simplified in WOD, my motivation to play the game started to dwindle, but the pruning was understandable, can't have homogenization or too many abilities.

Then came rental systems like artifact weapons/legiondaries/azerite armor/azerite neckpiece/covenants/soulbinds and all of that shit.

In the previous expansions before WOD your level increased and you got stronger and got more abilities. It created this sense of actual character progression. But when number/ability pruning came around, it started to get weird and after legion it became an absolute clusterfuck. I mean scaling was all over the place and leveling just didn't mean anything anymore. The talents introduced in MOP back then and to this day are STILL not finessed and feels like its in the alpha stages because the talent rows don't make any sense.

"Hey, let's just put 3 random abilities/passives in the same row and see how it goes!"

Turns out you can't swap on the go because you have to be in a rested zone or have tome on you IIRC.
    I'd rather have 20-30 situational talents that can be changed on the fly (at least on a per-encounter basis) than hundreds of meaningless talents where half the options just meant you were trolling and 99.9% of players used the same build anyway.

I'd rather have 20-30 situational talents that can be changed on the fly (at least on a per-encounter basis) than hundreds of meaningless talents where half the options just meant you were trolling and 99.9% of players used the same build anyway.
    That's a horrible system. There's nothing more immersion breaking than fiddling with some UI element between trash packs and suddenly knowing a bunch of spells you didn't know 5 minutes earlier. Maybe if it was a Matrix RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    That's a horrible system. There's nothing more immersion breaking than fiddling with some UI element between trash packs and suddenly knowing a bunch of spells you didn't know 5 minutes earlier. Maybe if it was a Matrix RPG
    Because it's so much better when you're forced to hearth then get resummoned to do the same thing? TIL wasting time is immersion.